• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Log Archive

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • Rumble in the Battle Tower~

So, I just beat 152 in the Battle Tower, a Garchomp sweep, and tied for 28 - 30 on the Smogon record list. Two more battles before the run is over and I can relax from an already hectic battle tower streak. I rest my Pocket Monsters and get ready for Battle #6. A Fisherman walks out and I already knew I was ready to face a water-type themed team. Usually, Garchomp finishes them off with ease and we're on to the next battle. However, the tide changed once the battle actually got under way.

BeachBoy's Battle Tower Team

Spr_4p_480.png
    Spr_4p_445_f.png
    Spr_4p_212_f.png

[ 3 ALL ]

BeachBoy sends out Yellow Hat. (Uxie)
    Fisherman Bryon sends out Dewgong.
    ---

Ani480MS.png
    vs.
    Ani087MS.png

Almost immediately, my heart begins to race, because if he has the one set (Dewgong 3) then I'm in for a world of trouble from the start. Something no Battle Tower player enjoys. I start by commanding Uxie to Knock Off the item, if it's leftovers, I'm screwed, if not I can breathe a little easier, set up Light Screen. Happy dandy sweep time. Right? Wrong, the item knocked off was indeed leftovers. So now I'm like "<censored>!" Because the going gets tough here...

Dewgong 3 Calm Leftovers (Stats: 186 81 121 90 149 90) Sheer Cold / Horn Drill / Rest / Sleep Talk (Evs: HP/Def/Sp. Def)

Here's the problem; Uxie is a Yawn Duel Screen Lead. This set has Sleep talk, so right away I know I can't just sleep it 'n' sweep like all my other battles. I can't simply switch, either. I don't want to chance the risk of bringing in a sweeper, and getting OHKOd by Sheer Cold or Horn Drill. So what do I have to do? Sit there and die for Scizor to at least get a clean come in. "Why should Scizor come in first?" The Uber, Garchomp, is my trump card in the BT. Sure, Water-types resist steel, and some resist fighting, but I only want to accomplish getting Dewgong off the field.

When I knocked off, Sheer Cold missed. Thankfully, Uxie has a Focus Sash, although that doesn't accomplish much except waste PP. I set up Light Screen because I can't Yawn this thing, mine as well drain PP for Scizor... Horn Drill misses. That's 4 / 4. (PP Left) I set up reflect, Sheer Cold misses again. But then I realize I shouldn't be Knock Off any more. (Boy, that's a sentence that sure sounds wrong, doesn't it?) The reason is I don't want it to Rest. And that little damage over and over might perk the Battle Tower to go "Oops, time to rest!" then I've got Sleep Talk to deal with and that's not helping my "PP Drain Stall War." 3 / 4 is the current PP setting, Sheer Cold & Horn Drill respectively. It Sheer Colds again, as I fail to set up screens, still deadlocked. [ 2 / 4] Then Horn Drill misses, and then Sheer Cold hits! I begin to feel a more relaxed at this point, but I'm at 1HP due to Focus Sash. [ 1 / 3 PP count ] So 1HP Uxie, prepared to faint on purpose, and then Horn Drill misses, and then Sheer Cold.

Meanwhile I'm failing to set up screens in this stall war. Count is [ 0 / 2 ] then...

Uxie used Reflect(But it failed!)
    Dewgong used Horn Drill!
    It's an OHKO
    (or something like that)
    BeachBoy's Uxie fainted.

[ 2 - 3 | Bryon winning ]

So it was time for Scizor to enter the battle field, hopefully to set up a substitute (or even some Swords Dances)

BeachBoy
    sends out Aridity! (Scizor)
    ---
    Ani212MS.png
    vs.
    Ani087MS.png

I set up substitute, and as predicted, it Horn Drills (final PP)... misses. That leaves it with Rest & Sleep Talk. Dewgong uses Rest as Scizor sets up one Swords Dance. Now here I wanted to set up a second Swords Dance. Because I was afraid +1 wouldn't put enough of a dent into the remaining Pocket Monsters. I use Bullet Punch (it may OHKO, it may not OHKO) it was a risk I wanted to try. Have a substitute & +4 for the next two party members would be awesome.

Scizor used Bullet Punch!
    Dewgong lost around 98% health (... :|)
    Dewgong is fast asleep!
    Dewgong used Sleep Talk!

---
    ... Sheer Cold, of course, hits 'n' breaks the sub. I Bullet Punch again, to finish the threat off. However I am worried, seeing as Water-types have a resistance to steel, and I can't go freely switching in Chomp due to the fear of Ice.

[ 2 ALL ]

Fisherman Bryon sends out Slowbro!

Ani212MS.png
    vs.
    Ani080MS.png

This... is a big problem. One of the few water-types that is also combined with a type to resist Superpower, Psychic. :| Let's look at the Slowbro Battle Tower sets that Bryon could possibly have.

• Slowbro 2 -- Adamant Lum Berry (Stats: 202 139 130 108 100 50) Yawn / Zen Headbutt / Earthquake / Brick Break (EVs: HP/Atk)
    • Slowbro 3 -- Modest Quick Claw (Stats: 202 85 130 167 100 50) Calm Mind / Psychic / Shadow Ball / Flamethrower (EVs: HP/Sp. Atk)
    • Slowbro 4 -- Quiet Leftovers (Stats: 202 95 130 167 100 45) Trick Room / Surf / Psychic / Ice Beam (EVs: HP/Sp. Atk)
    So this is the second time I have to pray to Arceus he doesn't have set three. D: Here's yet again, another problem. I could switch to Garchomp (expecting Flamethrower) but he might (A: setup or B: Yawn or C: (although unlikely) Ice Beam) depending on the sets. So I said okay, I'm going to set up a substitute to scout what sets he's running. If he Calm Minds, I can set up and damage enough for Chomp. If he flamethrowers, I can switch to Chomp. If he uses Trick Room, set up. And so on.

Slowbro's Quick Claw Activated!
    Slowbro used Flamethrower
    Scizor lost 75%
    BeachBoy's Aridity fainted.
    ( <insert bad word>! )

[ 1 - 2 | Bryon winning]

Well well, that went exactly the way I didn't want it to. But all hope isn't lost just yet, looking at that Slowbro moveset again, it doesn't have Ice Beam! Which is a bit relaxing because Garchomp has a Lum Berry.

BeachBoy sends out Jet Stream!
    ---
    (Shoddy Chat)
    Vance: Can Uber Chomp save you? (I think you said something like that. XD)
    Beachy: I hope so.
    ---
    Ani445MS.png
    vs.
    Ani080MS.png

Well, there's two things here, it'll either A: Setup Calm Mind, or B: use Psychic. It needs to use CM for me to win. So I go to set up Substitute, and it calm minds! +0 Garchomp does 46.53% - 55.45% (Remember, this is lv. 50 damage in the Tower) so I need to set up. Quick Claw activates for the third time in a row and breaks the substitute. +2 Garchomp to this Slowbro does 93.56% - 110.40%, so there is a chance, yes a chance it doesn't OHKO. Not only that, but if Quick Claw activates. :/ Well... I can kiss my improving record good bye.

Garchomp used Outrage!
    Slowbro lost 100%!
    Fisherman Bryon's Slowbro fainted!

[ 1 - 1]

Wow, just wow. Everything went right for once. QC didn't activate for the fourth time in a row and the damage was just enough to beat it. I'm still nervous as heck though, becuase the battle is by no means over yet. ;_;

Fisherman Bryon sends out Gyarados!
    Gyarados'
    Intimidate weakens Garchomp's attack.
    ---
    Ani445MS.png
    vs.
    Ani130MS.png

Before I can even react to the new Pocket Monster freshly against Garchomp, I scream curse words on Shoddy and hope that Garchomp's Outrage can get the job done!

Garchomp used Outrage!
    Gyarados lost 100%

Fisherman Bryon sends out Gyarados fainted~!

[ 1 - 0 | BeachBoy is victorious ]

... Wow, how in the heck did I just win that battle? o_o; I fudging love Garchomp, end of story. Pulling out a seemingly impossible win. ;_; This was too awesome.

Props

• Second consectutive intense battle log were Garchomp defeats the opponent's Gyarados to seal or receive a victory.
    • Garchomp. 'nough said.
    • Battle Tower AI OHKO misses. :>
    • The Fishman deserves his props for having an awesome team that could have EASILY defeated my (what I though was perfect) Battle Tower team.
    • Luck & chance played a major factor, but you know what? Screw that, it's the freaking Battle Tower.
    Slops

• Wow
    • Scizor getting screwed over by QC Slowbro. D:
    • Uxie for being unable to start off like usual.

I really don't care about anything else. This had to be posted. Have a nice day, everyone. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to relax now.

Fisherman Bryon's Team

dpmfb087.png
    dpmfb080.png
    130.png

Last edited:
    Reactions: .

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Outpredicted and Outmatched- UU Platinum

I've been giving UU a chance again, since my attempts at getting to the top of the ladder failed after some hax. I constructed this team mainly to use some of my favorite UU Pokes, while also being competative. Sadly, Toxicroak's been a complete waste on all my teams, but ever since he got Ice Punch, I just had to try him since he took up two valuable spots. This match was awesome since...well, why don't YOU find out?

Vance's Team
    141.png
    454.png
    3.png
    110.png
    036.png
    106.png

Rules
    Ladder Match
    Sleep Clause
    Freeze Clause
    OHKO Clause
    Evasion Clause
    Species Clause
    Strict Damage Clause

141.png
    vs.
    306.png

Vance sent out Kabutops
    furryeasymac sent out Aggron
    Kabutops used Stealth Rock.
    Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!
    Aggron used Earthquake
    It's super effective!
    Kabutops lost 68% of its health.
    ---
    Eh, I don't like the way things are starting off. Suicide Kabutops was a random idea that popped into my head, but I don't think it fits my play of style. I'm surprised Earthquake didn't OHKO, but this IS Max HP Kabutops, and 324/246 is pretty good for overall physical defenses. Oh well, no use fretting about it now, Kabutops is going to take Aggron to the cleaners!

Kabutops // 32%
    Aggron // 100%
    ---
    Abmaru has entered the room.
    Kabutops used Waterfall.
    It's super effective!
    Aggron lost 37% of its health.
    Aggron used Earthquake.
    It's super effective!
    Kabutops lost 32% of its health.
    Vance's Kabutops fainted.
    Aggron's leftovers restored 6% of its health a little!
    ---
    A pathetic 37% shaven off. I guess I couldn't expect much, since Kabutops had no Attack EVs and Aggron has a whopping 504 Defense (assuming he invested all of it into Defense). I still don't know the true set it runs, it could be a SubPuncher, or standard Support Aggron. If it's a SubPuncher, things could get messy, especially since Weezing doesn't like to take STAB Stone Edge's. If it's just relying on bulk, then I can handle it no problem.

Kabutops // 0%
    Aggron // 69%

Score: 6-5 (furryeasymac)
    ---
    454.png
    vs.
    484.png

Vance switched in Toxicroak
    Abmaru: Vance the Republic needs you
    furryeasymac switched in Rotom
    Pointed stones dug into Rotom.
    Rotom lost 12% of its health.
    Toxicroak used Swords Dance.
    Toxicroak's attack was sharply raised.
    ---
    Apparently, the Republic needs me, but they must wait! I haven't seen a Rotom in ages, so I forgot what they could do. I knew most of them carried standard WoW sets, but then again, a lot of them can just straight out attack. A STAB Thunderbolt 2HKOs Toxicroak if I remember correctly, and he's far too valuable to lose, especially this early in the match. I hope he expects a Stone Edge!

Toxicroak // 100% (+2 Att)
    Rotom // 88%
    ---
    Abmaru: Zeke needs u
    Rotom used Trick.
    Rotom obtained Life Orb!
    Toxicroak obtained Choice Specs!
    Toxicroak used Swords Dance.
    Toxicroak's attack was sharply raised.
    ---
    I wanted to try and negate the predicted Will O Wisp, but I ended up wasting a perfectly good +4 Toxicroak T__T. Not only that, but now Rotom has a Life Orb to abuse. I thought non-boosted Thunderbolts were scary, but now they're being boosted by 1.3 of their original power. The only guy I can safely switch in is Venusaur, and he's not gonna like taking boosted Shadow Balls at all. Oh well, there's literally NOTHING I could've done here. Oh yeah, and who's Zeke?

Toxicroak // 100% (+4 Att)
    Rotom // 88%
    ---
    3.png
    vs.
    441.png

Vance switched in Venusaur
    furryeasymac switched in Chatot
    Pointed stones dug into Chatot.
    Chatot lost 25% of its health.
    ---
    Venusaur vs. Chatot. Battle of the beasts. One of them is a mammoth sized, acne infested plant, and the other is an adorable, harmless birdy. Luckily for me, Venusaur is too broken for UU, so I fear nothing the little parakeet chirps at me.

Venusaur // 100%
    Chatot // 75%
    ---
    Chatot used Nasty Plot.
    Chatot's special attack was sharply raised.
    Venusaur used Sludge Bomb.
    A critical hit!
    Chatot lost 75% of its health.
    furryeasymac's Chatot fainted.
    ---
    Poor little birdy got sludged to death. The crit was absolutely uneeded, since Specs Venu is a monster, especially since a Base 90 STAB attack is likely going to down something with 42 SpD. Sadly, he still has an Aggron, and Sludge Bomb, although would've been able to do well over half GRANTED IT COULD HIT, won't do squat since Aggron's immune to it =/.

Venusaur // 100%
    Chatot // 0%

Score: 5-5 (even)
    ---
    3.png
    454.png
    vs.
    306.png

furryeasymac switched in Aggron
    Pointed stones dug into Aggron.
    Vance switched in Toxicroak
    Aggron used Stealth Rock.
    ---
    Looking back now, that was a really, really risky move by me. Almost a foolish one. I have my beloved Toxicroak in, sadly, it can't SD, or afford to make a bad move and die. I know he has Rotom on the opposing side, and the obvious move would be to bring it in. Sadly, I can't Cross Chop, as appealing as it is to destroy Aggron right here and now, and I can't Sucker Punch since Rotom won't fall for an easy trick. The only option is to Ice Punch it, and pray for a freeze on the incoming Rotom.

Toxicroak // 100%
    Aggron // 69%
    ---
    Toxicroak used Ice Punch.
    It's not very effective...
    Aggron lost 6% of its health.
    Aggron used Earthquake.
    It's super effective!
    A critical hit!
    Toxicroak lost 100% of its health.
    Vance's Toxicroak fainted.
    ---
    ...Is he for real? Why would you leave something slow like Aggron in on a Toxicroak when it has a STAB 4X SUPER EFFECTIVE MOVE THAT'LL RIP YOU INTO PIECES? I can't blame myself at all, a lot of people would've overpredicted there. I got to get this prediction thing down straight or else I'll be losing to a lot of common, silly mistakes. Critical hit no less.

Toxicroak // 0%
    Aggron // 69%

Score: 5-4 (furryeasymac)
    ---
    110.png
    vs.
    306.png
    208.png

Vance switched in Weezing
    Pointed stones dug into Weezing.
    Aggron used Stone Edge.
    Weezing lost 33% of its health.
    Weezing used Will-o-wisp.
    Aggron was burned!
    Aggron was hurt by its burn!
    Weezing's leftovers restored 6% of its health a little!
    ---
    Weeeeeeeezing! <3 I'm surprised this guy isn't used more, he really takes hits like a champ. Aggron's basically useless now, as he probably can't OHKO Hitmonlee with Earthquake, which is completely hilarious (his Attack stat can only be 125 MAXIMUM, assuming he even runs Max Attack with an Adamant nature). I'm not at an ideal health, so splitting the pain a bit can only make Weezing happy.

Aggron // 63% (BRN)
    Weezing // 61%
    ---
    furryeasymac switched in Steelix
    Pointed stones dug into Steelix.
    Weezing used Pain Split.
    Weezing restored 21% of its health.
    Steelix lost 20% of its health.
    Steelix's leftovers restored 6% of its health a little!
    ---
    Sorry Steelix, you may have 200 Base Defense, but Weezing's instant recovery! Going from an unstable 61% to a healthy 88% in a single turn while almost stripping Steelix of some of its valuable health is awesome. I run Flamethrower on this guy for the sole purpose of Steelix/Articuno/Venusaur, and I hope I can 2HKO it (at the worst).

Weezing // 88%
    Steelix // 83%
    ---
    Weezing used Flamethrower.
    It's super effective!
    Steelix lost 43% of its health.
    Steelix used Curse.
    Steelix's speed was lowered.
    Steelix's attack was raised.
    Steelix's defence was raised.
    ---
    Giant metal snake got TOASTED (mmm, toasty). Luckily for me, Steelix can't touch Weezing with only 1 Attack boost, wheras Weezing will gladly 3HKO it with Flamethrower. I don't want a Ninetales coming in, that would SUCK, but I have little choice in the matter it seems.

Weezing // 94%
    Steelix // 46% (+1 Att, +1 Def, -1 Spe)
    ---
    110.png
    vs.
    186.png

furryeasymac switched in Politoed
    Pointed stones dug into Politoed.
    Weezing used Flamethrower.
    Politoed lost 6% of its health.
    Politoed's leftovers restored 6% of its health a little!
    ---
    Politoed! I remember using the little monster on my NU team, and he dominated. Weezing, even at 100% HP, doesn't want to tank Hydro Pumps or Surfs from him at all. Luckily, Venusaur won't mind getting a little wet, and maybe slicing the wet frog open with some leaves in the meantine...

Weezing // 100%
    Politoed // 88%
    ---
    3.png
    vs.
    186.png

Pointed stones dug into Venusaur.
    Politoed used Hypnosis.
    Venusaur fell asleep!
    ---
    Aww ;_; I expected a sweeper variant, not some...Hypnosis version. Once again he outpredicted me, meaning one of my most vital team members is down and possible out for the rest of the match. The bad thing is this is the second time my prediction failed, and both times could've been avoided T__T

Venusaur // 88% (SLP)
    Politoed // 94%
    ---
    036.png
    vs.
    186.png

Vance switched in Clefable
    Pointed stones dug into Clefable.
    Politoed used Ice Beam.
    Clefable lost 20% of its health.
    ---
    It's time to test this baby out. CMFable seems fun, sometimes almost unstopabble. D_A told me Obi's stall team is massacred by something of this sort, so I really wanted to try it out.

Clefable // 80%
    Politoed // 100%
    ---
    Politoed used Surf.
    A critical hit!
    Clefable lost 69% of its health.
    Clefable used Calm Mind.
    Clefable's special attack was raised.
    Clefable's special defence was raised.
    ---
    Of course! The one time things look bright for me, hax rears its ugly head and completely punches me in the face. I have 11% health yet, and a +1 SpD Clefable won't be tanking no STAB Surfs from a Politoed, whatsoever. Ugh.

Clefable // 11% (+1 SpA, +1 SpD)
    Politoed // 100%
    ---
    Politoed used Surf.
    Clefable lost 11% of its health.
    Vance's Clefable fainted.
    ---
    Goodbye, Clefable, you did absolutely NOTHING.

Clefable // 0%
    Politoed // 100%

Score: 5-3 (furryeasymac)
    ---
    106.png
    vs.
    186.png

Vance switched in Hitmonlee
    Pointed stones dug into Hitmonlee.
    Hitmonlee used Close Combat.
    Politoed lost 79% of its health.
    Hitmonlee's defence was lowered.
    Hitmonlee's special defence was lowered.
    Politoed used Surf.
    Hitmonlee lost 66% of its health.
    ---
    Even with his massive Attack, Hitmonlee can't OHKO Politoed =/. He did come close though, and even after the SpD drop, he lived a Surf quite convincingly. However, now that I'm Scarf locked, I can't do anything with Rotom coming in to stop my sweep. Poor me o__o

Hitmonlee // 24% (-1 Def, -1 SpD)
    Politoed // 27%
    ---
    106.png
    vs.
    484.png

furryeasymac switched in Rotom
    It doesn't affect Rotom...
    ---
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to find something that wants to take a STAB LO Shadow Ball. Wonderful thought right there.

Hitmonlee // 24%
    Rotom // 76%
    ---
    110.png
    vs.
    484.png

Vance switched in Weezing
    Pointed stones dug into Weezing.
    Rotom used Shadow Ball.
    Weezing lost 56% of its health.
    Rotom lost 10% of its health.
    ---
    Yeah...that hurt A LOT more than I thought. Just two minutes ago, Weezing was at full health, now he's struggling to get up to 40%. I should've let that worthless sleeping Venusaur die, since Weezing can actually hurt Steelix and friends.

Weezing // 38%
    Rotom // 66%
    ---
    Rotom used Shadow Ball.
    Weezing lost 38% of its health.
    Vance's Weezing fainted.
    Rotom lost 10% of its health.
    ---
    That's it, pal. You want to play hardball? I'll play hardball.

Weezing // 0%
    Rotom // 56%

Score: 5-2 (furryeasymac)
    ---
    106.png
    vs.
    484.png

Hitmonlee used Sucker Punch.
    It's super effective!
    Rotom lost 56% of its health.
    furryeasymac's Rotom fainted.
    ---
    Hey Rotom, nice bashed up face. Well...I'm locked in Sucker Punch, which is never ideal, but I had to do it, since Stone Edge wasn't going to be any better (Aggron and Steelix both take nothing from it). Oh well, Hitmonlee's time is almost over anyhow. I played well this match, but overprediction and hax won out in the end.

Hitmonlee // 14%
    Rotom // 0%

Score: 4-2 (furryeasymac)
    ---
    3.png
    vs.
    319.png

furryeasymac switched in Sharpedo
    Pointed stones dug into Sharpedo.
    Pointed stones dug into Venusaur.
    Sharpedo used Ice Beam.
    It's super effective!
    Venusaur lost 49% of its health.
    ---
    Wow, Sharpedo can barely 3HKO a Venusaur with Ice Beam. Keep in mind, this isn't even a 252 HP version of Venusaur =] It's going to be sad seeing one of my favorite team members die without doing much other than squashing that little birdy, Chatot.

Venusaur // 27%
    Sharpedo // 88%
    ---
    Sharpedo used Ice Beam.
    It's super effective!
    Venusaur lost 26% of its health.
    Vance's Venusaur fainted.
    ---
    It's been a relatively good game. I was outpredicted all sorts of ways, either it be me trying to predict or him just making an unobvious move. Hitmonlee's all I got left, and with a Scarf on, this Sharpedo's going to outspeed it and OHKO it...Oh well.

Venusaur // 0%
    Sharpedo // 88%

Score: 4-1 (furryeasymac)
    ---
    106.png
    vs.
    319.png

It's super effective!
    Sharpedo lost 88% of its health.
    furryeasymac's Sharpedo fainted.
    Hitmonlee was hurt by Sharpedo's Rough Skin!
    Hitmonlee lost 12% of its health.
    ---
    Wait...It wasn't Scarfed? That means...I have a chance! Nah, it's only a Choice Scarf Hitmonlee, it can't sweep late game...At first I saw 12% being stripped off due to Rough Skin, and I panicked, but apparently, Hitmonlee lives with 2% left. It's time to go all out and start trying to kill whatever he has left...And from the looks of it, my chances are good, right? (Play this if you want to make the mood even more thrilling =D) Comments will be left out for a more easy read.

Hitmonlee // 2% (-1 Def, -1 SpD)
    Sharpedo // 0%

Score: 3-1 (furryeasymac)
    ---
    106.png
    vs.
    186.png

furryeasymac switched in Politoed
    Pointed stones dug into Politoed.
    A critical hit!
    Politoed lost 15% of its health.
    furryeasymac's Politoed fainted.
    ---
    Hitmonlee // 2% (-2 Def, -2 SpD)
    Politoed // 0%

Score: 3-1 (furryeasymac)
    ---
    106.png
    vs.
    306.png

furryeasymac switched in Aggron
    Pointed stones dug into Aggron.
    It's super effective!
    Aggron lost 57% of its health.
    furryeasymac's Aggron fainted.
    ---
    Hitmonlee // 2% (-3 Def, -3 SpD)
    Aggron // 0%

Score: 2-1 (furryeasymac)
    ---
    106.png
    vs.
    208.png

furryeasymac switched in Steelix
    Pointed stones dug into Steelix.
    Hitmonlee used Close Combat.​

Hitmonlee's attack missed!​

Lol no...​

It's super effective!
    Steelix lost 43% of its health.
    furryeasymac's Steelix fainted.
    Vance wins!​

furryeasymac's Team
    306.png
    484.png
    441.png
    208.png
    186.png
    319.png

Props
    *Hitmonlee for the massive end game sweep
    *Weezing for being a durable guy, and best fighting resist in UU
    *furryeasymac for the excellent match

Slops
    *Toxicroak, for being a complete waste
    *Clefable, for being haxed
    *Lots of prediction errors =[

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Wow, just wow. Everything went right for once. QC didn't activate for the fourth time in a row and the damage was just enough to beat it. I'm still nervous as heck though, becuase the battle is by no means over yet.

Fix this horrible typo! >:O
    I do this, because I care.

Anyways, way to bring some light to BT Beachy! Loved the drama of Chomp at the end, bravo! Good Job. (:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Fix this horrible typo! >:O
    I do this, because I care.

Anyways, way to bring some light to BT Beachy! Loved the drama of Chomp at the end, bravo! Good Job. (:
    I'm bound to make at least one typo when I'm at such a high like that. ;_; Oh well. XD

Thanks. XD

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Anti vs. Anabel: Redemption (A Battle Tower Story)

Anti vs. Anabel: Redemption

Introduction

As most of you know, I recently got back into the Battle Frontier in Pokémon Emerald. For you clueless ones, that's a game from the third generation. That means that you can't sweep through this with your powerful SpecsMence or CBchomp (or SpecsChomp for you, Itachi =D). Not only are sweepers far less powerful, but there are seven venues, each with a different focus. When I picked up my game a week ago, I had silver symbols in every venue except the Battle Tower (which is just like the standard Battle Tower in DP). My team was also horrible, so I quickly began breeding and EV training until I got a good team. I trained them all to level 73 (don't ask lol) and got them ready to go. It was time for redemption.

After getting a gold symbol in the Battle Pike, I stepped into the Battle Tower with my Choice Band Metagross, Life Orb Starmie (minus the Life Orb lol), and ChestoRest staller Regice. The first four rounds were incredibly easy, which set me up for six more battle to get to the Salon Maiden, Anabel (that's the Frontier Brain for the Battle Tower...again, don't ask lol). Even the fifth round was pretty easy, besides running into a substitute Blissey which was faster than my Regice. Luckily, Starmie got a crit, broke its Sub, and let Metagross come in and BOOM it all the way to the gates of the closest KFC buffet. Before long, I found the Salon Maiden walking in, ready to try to dethrone my dominant team. I focused myself, got comfortable in my chair, and entered the battle I had been hoping to play for over a year.

Anti's Team
    Spoiler:

The Showdown

---
    [ 3 - 3 ]
    ---
    Anabel sent out Alakazam!
    Anti sent out Starmie!

---

121.png
    vs.
    65.png

Gah! I know from devoted research when I struggled in the tower during my noob days that Alakazam has Thunderpunch! I doubt that it's going to be faster than Starmie since they EV things funny in the Frontier, but I worry that Surf will not OHKO Alakazam. In fact, I'm almost positive it won't seeing as it failed to OHKO a Sandslash in the Battle Pike. I don't want to risk my only defense against her next Pokémon, Entei, so it's time to pull out and bring in one of the best tanks in the game, Regice!
    ---
    Anti brought back Starmie!
    Anti sent in Regice!

---

378.png
    vs.
    65.png

Here we go. Regice walls everything from Tauros to Alakazam. Bring it.
    ---
    Alakazam used Thunderpunch!.
    A critical hit!
    Regice lost 23% of its health!

---
    Regice takes the expected Thunderpunch, but it's a critical hit! Still, Regice is such a beast that it only takes of 62 Hit Points out of 264, so I'm not really threatened. I also know from my obsessive research that Alakazam has Fire Punch, which will do the same amount of damage as a critical hit Thunderpunch. I don't have any fears of this weak special attacker anymore, so it's time to crush it like a bug.
    ---
    Alakazam used Fire Punch!
    Regice lost 24% of its health!
    Regice used Ice Beam!
    Alakazam lost 49% of its health!

---
    Fire Punch, ha! Regice has the special defense to take just about any unboosted, unSTABed hit, even from the 135 base special attack of Alakazam! Regice's Ice Beam takes off about half of Alakazam's health, but I can't tell. Either way, Regice is at about half health and a critical hit (not out of the question in the Frontier!) would ruin me. I know I have to play conservative or I could be in trouble.
    ---
    Alakazam used Disable.
    Alakazam's attack missed!
    Regice used Rest!
    Regice's Chesto Berry cured it of its sleep condition!

---
    Ah, Regice is at full health now! I knew it had Disable (again because of my crazy research, lol), but it was in the back of my mind...until now. I'm healed now though, so Alakazam will be no problem from here on out.
    ---
    Alakazam used Disable!
    Regice used Ice Beam!
    Alakazam lost 48% of its health!

---
    Disable rofl. The bad news is that Ice Beam didn't KO, so Regice might have to take another hit to kill it off. Whatever, what has to be done has to be done.
    ---
    Alakazam used Disable!
    Regice used Thunderbolt!
    Alakazam lost 3% of its health!
    Alakazam fainted!

---
    That does it for Alakazam. Maybe had it not tried to Disable (Thunderbolt? Ice Beam? REST?) it wouldn't have been so pathetic. Oh well.
    ---
    [ 3 - 2 : Anti ]
    ---
    Anabel sent in Entei!
    ---

378.png
    vs.
    244.png

Now Entei comes in! I know that it has Calm Mind, but this time, I don't remember from my research what it has, but I know it has Calm Mind and Fire Blast to scorch Regice. I also know that Anabel has CurseLax waiting in the wings to give me trouble, which is something Regice is useless against. Starmie can beat up on Entei if it only has Fire attacks, but I don't want to be too risky, so Regice is staying in to cripple it with Toxic. That way, even after one or two Calm Minds, the poison damage will put Entei in KO range for Starmie when Regice ends up like the rest of the polar ice caps.
    ---
    Entei used Calm Mind!
    Entei's special attack rose!
    Entei's special defense rose!
    Regice used Toxic!
    Entei was badly poisoned!
    Entei's Lum Berry cured it of its poison condition!

---
    Gah! Lum Berry is bad news for Toxic, which actually didn't miss for a change. Now Entei is set-up pretty well, and Fire Blast will likely decimate Regice totally. At least Toxic and a Recoevr stall from Starmie should net me a victory over Entei with a little luck. Either way, I have to get rid of this thing before it becomes too hot to handle (pun intended).
    ---
    Entei used Return!
    Regice lost 25% of its health!
    Regice used Toxic!
    Entei was badly poisoned!
    Entei is hurt by poison!

---
    That's great but...Return? Fire Blast would absolutely end Regice, and if not, another Calm Mind would seal the deal rather than...Return o_o I know it isn't safe to bring in Starmie now, so I have to attack and do as much damage as I can before Regice is defeated. But if it keeps using Return on my 196 Def / 252 HP EVed Regice...Regice could win. Will the iceberg sink the Titanic?
    ---
    Entei used Return!
    Regice lost 25% of its health!
    Regice used Thunderbolt!
    Entei lost ~18% of its health!
    Entei is hurt by poison!

---
    Hahahahahahahaha, another Return. Either way, Regice's Thunderbolt plus the poison damage easily puts Entei in KO range for Starmie...if I even need it.
    ---
    Entei used Fire Blast!
    Regice lost 50% of its health!
    Regice fainted!

---
    I guess the Titanic had global warming on its side after all =( Regice was a trooper, and now Starmie can deal the finishing blow to the "legendary" dog.
    ---
    [ 2 - 2 ]
    ---
    Anti sent in Starmie!
    Entei is hurt by poison!

---

121.png
    vs.
    244.png

Alright, with only about half its health, Entei is going to fold to STAB Surf coming from Starmie...or I would hope...
    ---
    Starmie used Surf!
    Entei lost ~47% of its health!
    Entei fainted!

---
    Alright! Now there's only one more Pokémon left to beat...
    ---
    [ 2 - 1 : Anti ]
    ---
    Anabel sent in Snorlax!
    ---

121.png
    vs.
    143.png

Blarg, mismatch. CurseLax will easily set up on Starmie, so I have to switch out and hopefully things work out with the best CBer the Frontier has ever seen...
    ---
    Anti brought back Starmie!
    Anti sent in Metagross!

---

376.png
    vs.
    143.png

Here it is. Even if it has Earthquake, Metagross will easily take the hit (even a critical hit will be survived) and can fire back at it with a powerful, Chocie Band boosted attack. Metagross's real weapon is Explosion, so at this point, I know it's just about over.

---
    Snorlax used Yawn!
    Metagross became drowsy!

---
    Yawn is...interesting. I guess Snorlax was getting tired of sitting around while Regice destroys his teammates =D Now I fear YawnPunch though, as that strategy is so powerful and reliable that I wonder if even the power of CB Metagross can stop it. I can only hope it will!
    ---
    Metagross used EXPLOSION!
    Snorlax lost 100% of its health!
    Snorlax fainted!
    Metagross fainted!

---
    Spoiler:

---
    [ 1 - 0 : Anti ]
    ---
    Anti wins!
    ---

Props and Slops

Props
    • Regice, for stalling out Alakazam and severely damaging Entei
    • Disable, for missing thrice, as anybody know uses such a terrible move deserves to have terrible luck =)
    • Entei, for making the battle very interesting and making use of what was given to it
    • Metagross, for the explosive finish! (pun intended)
    • Anabel, for a fun match to wrap up my Silver Symbol Sweepstakes
    Slops
    • Alakazam, for being a complete pushover
    • Anabel, for not knowing how to use Entei when it's facing Toxic Regice
    • Snorlax, for not utilizing YawnPunch
    Anabel's Team
    Spoiler:

Closing Comments

As the title suggests, this was truly me redeeming myself in the Battle Frontier, where I have struggled for so long. I'll admit I got lucky in the Battle Pike, but this was legit, and I'm glad I'm finally over the hump. Even though I had control through most of the battle (which might have hurt the log, I don't know), the win was never certain until Entei went down, and it was actually really intense.

This wasn't meant to be a super serious log, but one more for fun (especially given the current Battle Tower fun going around PC lately). I know it wasn't the greatest battle, but eh, it was a load of fun finally breaking through as well as putting the log together with the comments and such.

I hope you guys enjoyed it =D

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I liked the battle. The format was great, and although it was "Lol Battle Tower" it was entertaining =D

*Really need to work on the Specs Garchomp weak*

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I agree, it was entertaining.

And to see Entei pull off Return really surprised me, quite funny too.

Ended with a boom, great job Anti. Glad to see people putting the Battle Facilities into logs. d(' 'd)

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Well well well, look here Anti got in the BT scene. Loved it, ad Entei using Return made me chuckle. Glad BT is going around PC, the more the merrier.

By the way...
    When I picked up my game a weak ago
    Fix this horrible typo >:O
    I did this to BeachBoy and now to you.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Cool log, that was pretty fun to read and to watch Alakazam fail not once, not twice, but thrice using Disable...
    Love to see another Battle Tower Battle Log from you!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Dual Disaster- Vance vs. Aquilae

Good day, Pokecommunity. As of late, I've been experimenting with various tiers, and browsing Smogon for some good battles. I've been more accepting of Platinum's generic teams, and have, myself, relaxed and followed the leader, so to speak, and made one generic as heck team. Luckily, I've been winning a majority of my matches, and even won against some "big" names. Unfortunately, one thing still bothered me; Aquilae. Our streak is quite close, with him winning a considerable amount of matches over me. The last time we battled, Aquilae won, twice in a row. This certainly upset me, so it was back to the drawing board for another team. Two nights ago, Aquilae went on Smogon's server (on my request), and we decided to add another battle to our huge supply...

Green refers to Aquilae's Pokemon/commentary
    Blue refers to Vance's Pokemon/commentary

Rules
    Evasion Clause
    Extended Game
    Freeze Clause
    OHKO Clause
    Sleep Clause
    Species Clause
    Timed Battle

385.png
    vs.
    dpffb212.png
    145.png

Mr.T sent out Jirachi
    Aquilae sent out Scizor

Most lead Jirachis are Scarfed, meaning that they probably have Trick, and if they get a Choice Band from Scizor they would deal a lot of damage since most Scarfed Jirachis are physical. Either way, Jirachi outspeeds me so I pray that it doesn't have Fire Punch, and U-turn to scout for Scizor's counters, especially Zapdos / Magnezone which would give me the advantage as my team can handle both.

Scizor, Scizor, Scizor. I've never seen one as a lead, but the most viable lead sets are either CB or Suppot Sets. Neither really pose Jirachi much trouble...other than CB U-turn honestly. This is a Scarf Jirachi, and I may not know if Aquilae's realizes it or not, but this thing is packing some Fire Punch primarily for Scizor. I usually OHKO it all the time, but sometimes it doesn't (like if someone runs a ton of HP EVs) >__> I'll take my chances; can't hurt right?

InitialStage.png

---
    Jirachi used Fire Punch.
    It's super effective!
    Scizor lost 90% of its health.
    Scizor used U-turn.
    Jirachi lost 57% of its health.
    Aquilae switched in Zapdos (lvl 100 Zapdos).
    Zapdos is exerting its pressure!
    ---

Well, it did have Fire Punch but it failed to OHKO, taking Jirachi for 57% damage, no Leftovers confirms that its Scarfed or Speced, so I switch in Zapdos to threaten it and try to lure out a special wall, which I can then Pursuit with CBtar.

That hurt a lot more than I thought it would. If he switchs in a Zapdos, he obviously wants to use Heat Wave, which means that Tyranitar is going to soak it up easily. I could perhaps Pursuit it, since I don't want it to hinder Scizor's sweep whatsoever, but getting a nice chunk out of whatever switches in is also a pleasant thought.

---
    248.png
    vs.
    248.png

Mr.T switched in Tyranitar
    Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
    A sandstorm brewed!
    Aquilae switched in Tyranitar
    The sandstorm rages.
    ---

Uh, not the special wall I was hoping for, Tyranitar on Tyranitar is a largely unfavorable matchup considering my Tyranitar only has 4 Speed EVs which would put it below the majority of Tyranitar be they CB or Dragon Dance. I Aqua Tail hoping that I could nail a counter, and if Tyranitar stays in for whatever reason it would be hit hard.

Vance was telling me about Focus Punch Tyranitar the other day and there was a chance I could nail him while he tries to do Focus Punch.

Oh s...A foe Tyranitar. I can't tell what type it is, since TTar is so unpredictable, but if I know Aquilae, he loves the CBer (like me). Aqua Tail was recently put over Focus Punch on this TTar (thank god), so I can stay in and take whatever he throws, or hit whatever comes in. I'm quite confident that I'll outspeed him, since this CBTar runs 80 Spe EVs to outrun Skarm for the 2HKO x]

---
    Tyranitar used Aqua Tail.
    It's super effective!
    Tyranitar lost 84% of its health.
    It's super effective!
    Tyranitar lost 81% of its health.
    ---

Looks like we both stayed in and due to both the names being the same I'm not sure whether my Tyranitar outsped his or the reverse happened. I decide to risk Aqua Tail again since Tyranitar is near useless to me right now at less than 20% health, and if I sacrifice it Scizor can come in and U-turn again giving me an advantage.

That was awesome! Both beasts strike each other; equally matched. Yet neither go down. I should really consider nicknames >__> since I don't know whose went first, I'm gonna play it safe and go to someone who absolutely loves water.

---
    251.png
    vs.
    248.png

Mr.T: ????
    Mr.T switched in Celebi
    Celebi lost 17% of its health.
    Celebi is buffetted by the sandstorm!
    Celebi's leftovers restored 6% of its health!
    ---

Looks like Vance decided to play conservatively and switch out. Its a Celebi so I'm not particularly worried, I predict a Grass Knot and switch to Gengar.

Now that I know it's a Choice Band Tyranitar, I can T-Wave whatever comes in. Since, really, who doesn't just love paralysis =D

---
    251.png
    vs.
    094.png

Aquilae: ????
    Mr.T: Ya know
    Aquilae switched in Gengar
    Celebi used Thunder Wave.
    Gengar is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
    Gengar is buffetted by the sandstorm!
    Celebi's leftovers restored 6% of its health
    ---

At this point I kick myself, Gengar is useless right now so I think I can nail something with Explosion, but I doubt it since Vance doesn't seem to have a special wall and Exploding wouldn't do much good if he switched in Tyranitar as death fodder. I go for the obvious move since Vance should stay in, predicting a switch.

Yes! Without its Speed, Gengar doesn't pose a problem at all. I could go to TTar, just in case I might live a Shadow Ball, or I could just stay in and hopefully T-Wave another switch in...eh, waaaay to risky. There's a certain metal bug who'd be welcome to take the hit, so let's see if he's ready to get his hands (claws ?) messy.

---
    dpffb212.png
    vs.
    094.png

Aquilae: crap
    Mr.T switched in Scizor
    Gengar used Shadow Ball.
    Scizor lost 35% of its health.
    Gengar lost 10% of its health.
    ---

Scizor switches in, I don't know its set, so I leave Gengar in as death fodder. Bullet Punch / Pursuit will take care of me either way.

Life Orbed Shadow Ball hurts a lot more than I thought ;___; If Aquilae thinks it's a CBer, he's wrong =] I doubt he'd expect CB Pursuit, as I already have CBTar. I might as well go with Bullet Punch...

---
    Scizor used Bullet Punch.
    Gengar lost 86% of its health.
    Aquilae's Gengar fainted.
    Scizor lost 10% of its health.
    ---
    Its a Swords Dance variant, but Zapdos is still alive and can force it out.

Not a CBer x3. I guess he thought keeping Gengar was useless what with its paralysis and what not. I draw first blood, which is nice as well.

Kill1.png

6-5: Vance

---
    248.png
    vs.
    145.png

Aquilae switched in Zapdos

Vance will probably switch anticipating the Heat Wave, but I Thunderbolt to hopefully catch a Heatran or a bulky Water, and Thunderbolt can take care of Scizor at 59%.

I can't lose Scizor this early in the match. I can't go to Celebi since Heat Wave will own it, but TTar has a slight chance to survive. I've seen some Heat Wave's do less than 10%, meaning TTar can most certainly live more than one. And who knows; I could Pursuit it and perhaps eliminate one problem for Scizor.

Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
    Tyranitar lost 28% of its health.
    Mr.T's Tyranitar fainted.
    Zapdos is buffetted by the sandstorm!
    ---

Tyranitar is down for the count, Zapdos would have outsped either way and KOed so Vance probably intended it to be death fodder.

Poor TTar. I didn't have much more use for him, since Aquilae's entire team is much faster than it, and without his bulk CB Tar struggles to fight back. Sadly, in every match I'm in, once CBTar dies my team has trouble.

Kill2.png

5-5: Even

---
    392-m.png
    vs.
    145.png

Mr.T switched in Infernape

If Infernape is running -SDef Thunderbolt is an OHKO, so I take the chance and stay in.

This Infernape runs a -SDef nature =[ But it should live a Thunderbolt.

---
    Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
    Infernape lost 86% of its health.
    Infernape used Stone Edge.
    It's super effective!
    Zapdos lost 94% of its health.
    Aquilae's Zapdos fainted.
    Infernape lost 10% of its health.
    Infernape is buffetted by the sandstorm!
    Mr.T's Infernape fainted.
    ---

Both of us are down, and on hindsight I should have switched to my Scarfed Flygon to take Infernape since Earthquake is a definite OHKO. I switch in Salamence as it is unrevealed and Intimidate cripples Jirachi and Scizor, and it also poses a threat to Celebi with Fire Blast.

Well...I guess it's all good in the end. Zapdos is gone, meaning my Scizor has nothing to stand in its way, however, it's bad since now I have almost nothing that can really take Scizor currently...I better get some rocks up on the field :[

Kill3.png

4-4: even

---
    385.png
    vs.
    373.png

Mr.T switched in Jirachi
    Aquilae switched in Salamence
    Salamence's intimidate cut Jirachi's attack!
    Mr.T: When TTar dies I have trouble winning =[
    Jirachi used Iron Head.
    Salamence lost 33% of its health.
    Salamence used Earthquake.
    It's super effective!
    Jirachi lost 81% of its health.
    Mr.T's Jirachi fainted.
    Salamence lost 10% of its health.
    Salamence is buffetted by the sandstorm!
    ---
    It didn't have Ice Punch, and Earthquake downs Jirachi. I didn't have any safe switches at the time, Scizor and Tyranitar were at Critical and can't do much with Bullet Punch, Flygon is 4x weak to Ice too.

I really rely too much on Jirachi's hax >__> Oh well, Salamence is the single greatest problem for this team, besides probably Scarftran. So sacrificing Jirachi was the only option I had.

4-3: Aquilae

Kill4.png

---
    094.png
    vs.
    248.png

Mr.T switched in Gengar

I switch in Tyranitar as death fodder to ensure Scizor makes it onto the field unscathed.

I hope Shadow Ball manages the KO =/

Gengar used Shadow Ball.
    Tyranitar lost 15% of its health.
    ---

16% wasted T___T

---
    Gengar used Shadow Ball.
    Tyranitar lost 15% of its health.
    Aquilae's Tyranitar fainted.
    ---

Gengar lost 32% which puts it in OHKO range from CB Bullet Punch. So I go with Bullet Punch..

Gengar finally killed it. Joy. He's got no use left in him now.

Kill5.png

3-3: even

---
    094.png
    vs.
    dpffb212.png

Aquilae switched in Scizor
    A critical hit!
    Gengar lost 226% of its health.
    Mr.T's Gengar fainted.
    ---

Bullet Punch scores a critical hit! (Although unneccessary =/)

Oh go to hell Aquilae.

Kill6.png

3-2: Aquilae

---
    251.png
    vs.
    330.png

Mr.T switched in Celebi

I switch to Flygon to threaten Celebi with Fire Blast, but I should have stayed in with Scizor as Bullet Punch does a number on Celebi and I overestimated Flygon's Special Attacking power.

Bullet Punch won't do enough to Celebi, and I expect a switch. If I get Stealth Rock up now, I can kill that Scizor without having to sacrifice Celebi or risk Scizor's Bullet Punch speed tie. So...that was my main priority: Get up Stealth Rock.

ABYAY has entered the room.
    Aquilae switched in Flygon
    Celebi used Stealth Rock.
    ---

I only fear a Choice Band U-turn, since Fire Blast coming off Flygon's crap 80 Special Attack won't scratch my Celebi, even with 0 Special Defense EVs and a neutral nature x]

---
    Flygon used Fire Blast.
    It's super effective!
    Celebi lost 34% of its health.
    Celebi used Grass Knot.
    Flygon lost 36% of its health.

34%, I shouldn't have put a -SpA nature and no boosting item. I should have switched to Salamence on the Recover though, to save it from unneccessary damage as you'll see later on.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

---
    Flygon used Fire Blast.
    Flygon attack missed!
    Celebi used Recover.
    Celebi restored 50% of its health.
    ---

Ownerer.

---
    251.png
    vs.
    373.png

scizzy has entered the room.
    Salamence's intimidate cut Celebi's attack!
    Pointed stones dug into Salamence.
    Salamence lost 25% of its health.
    Celebi used Grass Knot.
    Salamence lost 12% of its health.
    ---

I switch Salamence on a Grass Knot forcing it to take 12%, by then Salamence is already at below 10% so it can only fire one attack then it goes down, hope this Fire Blast hits...

Ugh, NO. NOT THIS THING. I guess if I let Celebi die, Salamence will kill itself via Life Orb recoil. Poor Celery.

---
    Salamence used Fire Blast.
    It's super effective!
    Celebi lost 82% of its health.
    Salamence lost 10% of its health.
    Aquilae's Salamence fainted.
    But there was no target!

I only have Flygon and Scizor left, so I switch to Flygon to nail both of them with Fire Blast.

Well...Salamence sure did a lot more to Celebi...but not enough to kill the almighty CELEBI. I wish I used Recover here so I could stall Flygon out longer, that would've been awesome.

Kill7.png

2-2: even

---
    251.png
    vs.
    330.png

Pointed stones dug into Flygon
    Flygon lost 6% of its health.
    Mr.T: Man this is a good battle
    Flygon used Fire Blast.
    It's super effective!
    Celebi lost 37% of its health.

Mr.T's Celebi fainted.
    ---

Celebi is down, so Vance is down to his last pokemon, Scizor. Hope Bullet Punch doesn't KO because if it does...

Celebi's down...meaning Scizor's my last guy. I really have to pray that Bullet Punch OHKOs this Flygon, or else I'm dead, and this whole match would've ended with a...Flygon beating me =[

Kill8.png

2-1: Aquilae

---
    dpffb212.png
    vs.
    330.png

Mr.T switched in Scizor
    Flygon lost 61% of its health.
    Aquilae's Flygon fainted.
    ---

YES!

Kill9.png

1-1: even

---
    dpffb212.png
    vs.
    dpffb212.png

Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
    Scizor lost 12% of its health.
    Aquilae's Scizor fainted.

Kill10.png

Mr.T wins!
    Mr.T: G
    Aquilae: gg
    Mr.T: *gg

I had a great game with Vance but I wasn't really playing my best so I wanted a rematch =P

That was one excellent match. It was really close too. However, Aquilae wanted a rematch. Now I'm nervous, since I know I'm gonna lose. Next post has the second battle.

Last edited:

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • 385.png
    248.png
    vs.
    dpffb212.png
    145.png

Mr.T sent out Jirachi
    Aquilae sent out Scizor

I'm not going to risk losing ~90% of my health from Fire Punch since Scizor is extremely useful with Bullet Punch, so I switch out. I switch in Zapdos to threaten it with Heat Wave.

I'm not going to let Aquilae get the upper hand and get a free switch on my expected Fire Punch, so I'm gonna U-turn, since I have a pretty good idea of what he's bringing in next.
    ---
    Jirachi used U-turn.
    Zapdos lost 15% of its health.
    A sandstorm brewed!
    The sandstorm rages.
    ---

Vance scouts with U-turn and brings in Tyranitar, but I have a way to escape Pursuit...

I expected Flygon honestly, but Zapdos is a much easier thing to stop, mainly because Tyranitar laughs at basically everything the yellow bird can throw at it. I'm awfully nervous about Pursuiting, since Zapdos could in theory just stay in and 5HKO me with Thunderbolt…though I guess I could come out on top. Oh well, I just want to kill it.
    ---
    248.png
    vs.
    330.png

Zapdos used Baton Pass.
    Tyranitar used Stone Edge.
    Flygon lost 58% of its health.
    ---

That hurt more than it should, ouch..
    Vance should predict an Earthquake and go to Celebi, and I switch out to Gengar to threaten it.

Yes! I'm glad I decided to not Pursuit and use Stone Edge instead, and even though Flygon resists Rock, that hit was definitely not healthy for him. I'm still awfully afraid of Earthquake, but I have to make a risky move and go into Celebi. I know U-turn won't kill me in a single hit, so that's good.

---
    251.png
    248.png
    vs.
    094.png

ABYAY has entered the room.
    Mr.T: not very effective my ass
    Mr.T switched in Celebi
    Aquilae switched in Gengar
    Celebi's leftovers restored 6% of its health!
    ---

Score!
    I wanted to Focus Blast initially to catch Scizor but I wanted to cripple Celebi right off the bat to avoid Thunder Wave, so I went with Shadow Ball.

Aw…I hate being out predicted ;_; I had no choice but to let Celebi take the hit, since I expected her to live it. I needed that Gengar paralysed if I wanted to stop it with Ttar.
    ---
    Gengar used Shadow Ball.
    It's super effective!
    Celebi lost 97% of its health.
    Gengar is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
    Mr.T's Celebi fainted.
    ---

*Shakes Fist*
    Celebi hangs on by a silver of health (just like it did last time, grrr..), and Thunder Waves my Gengar rendering it useless.

Celebi is on a roll today. Taking Fire Blasts and Shadow Balls with NO Special Defense Evs whatsoever. Still, she can only take so much, and she goes down while also leaving Gengar with a nice little present. It's time to avenge Celebi's death…

KillOne.png

6-5: Aquilae

---
    Aquilae: super effective my ass
    Mr.T: It's worth it in a sense
    Tyranitar used Pursuit.
    It's super effective!
    Gengar lost 146% of its health.
    Aquilae's Gengar fainted.
    ---
    I get outsped and Pursuited, and Gengar is down for the count.

Aquilae: super effective my ass ß Hahahah, Aqui is too cool. Anyway, Gengar gets stroked by Pursuit, which I used just in case he wanted to be sneaky and switch out.

KillTwo.png

5-5: even

---
    Mr.T: BAM
    ABYAY: revenge killer got revenge killed

(Actually Gengar isn't a revenge-killer since its only the 3rd fastest in my team and I rely on Bullet Punch a lot more than I rely on Gengar.)

094.png
    vs.
    373.png
    dpffb212.png

Salamence's intimidate cut Tyranitar'sattack!
    Mr.T switched in Gengar
    Gengar makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
    Salamence used Earthquake.
    Salamence's attack missed!
    ---

Should have seen that coming, I switch to Scizor which can take a resisted Shadow Ball, or a Thunderbolt, and Bullet Punch for the KO.

Totally predicted ;D Wonder why he didn't DD there; I would've been screwed. Anyway, I know Scizor is coming. I smell it, I feel it, but guess what I do?

---
    Gengar used Shadow Ball.
    Scizor lost 30% of its health.
    ---

I lock him into a mindgame, stay in and get crippled by Bullet Punch, switch out and get nailed by Pursuit, or losing the advantage with U-turn.

I go with U-turn for kicks =)

Damn it Aquilae. Our teams are so similar, and our thought process is so similar, yet I can never predict what you're gonna do next. Lol @ EQ on MixMence.

---
    Mr.T: EQ on MixMence

(Whoever said it was a MixMence =/)

385.png
    vs.
    dpffb212.png

Mr.T: great troll
    ABYAY: needs moar Aerial Ace
    Mr.T switched in Jirachi
    Scizor used U-turn.
    A critical hit!
    Jirachi lost 126% of its health.
    Mr.T's Jirachi fainted.

I get a CH and nail Jirachi! Vance gains the advantage though being able to scout whatever I bring in, so I bring in Flygon as it is fast and able to take down Tyranitar, something Zapdos cannot.

So it's not a MixMence? Noob. Anyway, lol crit on Jirachi, rest in peace wishmaker. Without Jirachi, that Scarf Flygon is starting to look VERY scary.

KillThree.png

5-4: Aquilae

---
    094.png
    vs.
    330.png

Mr.T: yep
    Mr.T: NO JIRACHI
    Aquilae: hehe
    Mr.T: NOOB
    ABYAY: oh no, ABY's Hax Aura is in effect
    Mr.T switched in Gengar
    Mr.T: walled
    Flygon used Outrage.
    Flygon went on a rampage!
    Gengar lost 124% of its health.
    Mr.T's Gengar fainted.

Outrage nails Gengar, but I'm locked in and so...

My plan works perfectly...

KillFour.png

5-3: Aquilae

---
    dpffb212.png
    vs.
    330.png
    145.png

Mr.T switched in Scizor

Argh, its going to setup on me!

That's right Aqui!

Mr.T: GG imo
    Flygon used Outrage.
    Scizor lost 32% of its health.
    Scizor used Swords Dance.
    Scizor's attack was sharply raised.
    Flygon's rampage ended.
    Flygon became confused!

Thankfully the Outrage ended soon, I switch out to Zapdos and pray that it can survive a +4 Bullet Punch.

GG imo <--- Sums it up nicely

---

Come on....

Definately GG

---
    Zapdos lost 84% of its health.
    Aquilae's Zapdos fainted.

Well, it could survive, at full health that is. Scizor is hurting from Life Orb so maybe I can outspeed with my own Scizor and deal some damage.

I smell a Scizor comeback...Come on Scizor baby, work with me!

KillFive.png

4-3: Aquilae

---
    dpffb212.png
    vs.
    dpffb212.png
    330.png

Mr.T: Ownerer
    Scizor lost 61% of its health.
    Scizor lost 31% of its health.
    The sandstorm rages.

Scizor lived a +4 Bullet Punch (hugs HP EVs <3) and retaliates with a Bullet Punch of his own. I should have Superpowered seeing as I wouldn't be faster in most cases though. I switch Flygon in as death fodder since it is at <20% and two Life Orb recoils should down it.

Holy crap, what is that thing taking? Aquilae's abusing steroids on his Scizor =/ Oh well, I outspeed it, so I can 2HKO it ^__^...I hope

---
    ABYAY: Bullet Punch weak
    Mr.T: I better be faster
    Flygon lost 187% of its health.
    Aquilae's Flygon fainted.
    ---

Tyranitar serves as death fodder for Scizor

Scizor's bringing me back x]

KillSix.png

3-3: even

---
    ABYAY: well heck, that Scizor has to have defense EVs
    Mr.T: Like being Scizor owned?
    ABYAY: it easily survived a +4 Bullet Punch
    It's super effective!
    A critical hit!
    Tyranitar lost 384% of its health.
    Aquilae's Tyranitar fainted.
    Mr.T's Scizor fainted.

Scizor is down, now I'm left with Salamence and Scizor against...

Awww...Scizor sweep ended ;__; Really wondering why he didn't let Scarf Flygon live; it would've swept the rest of my team.

KillSeven.png

2-2: even

---
    Mr.T switched in Infernape

Argh. I can still salvage this if Stone Edge misses and Sala finishes it with EQ, so I'll go with that. Sacrificing Flygon wasn't such a good idea after all =/

Mr.T: gg
    Salamence's intimidate cut Infernape's attack!
    Infernape used Close Combat.
    A critical hit!
    Salamence lost 51% of its health.
    Infernape's defence was lowered.
    Infernape's special defence was lowered.

A crit, it hurts but I hope Stone Edge misses...

Go go go Infernape! Destroy the rest of his team =] Wait...Intimidate = 140 Attack on Infernape IIRC...This is not good.

---
    Mr.T: Yeah you lost
    Infernape used Stone Edge.
    It's super effective!
    Salamence lost 55% of its health.
    Aquilae's Salamence fainted.

It didn't miss, so my only chance of winning is to get a crit on Bullet Punch..

GG Aquilae...or is it? ABYAY's prescence = HAX

KillEight.png

2-1: Vance

---
    Infernape lost 58% of its health.
    Scizor lost 44% of its health.
    Aquilae's Scizor fainted.

Didn't happen, Infernape hangs on with ~20% health and Vance wins, again =(

The second match was definately harder. Scizor really shined throughout this battle, especially with 2 free set ups x3 Anyway, Aquilae put up a great match, one of the best I ever had in my life (even better than that one with MS!). I hope he had a great time, because I sure did!

KillNine.png

Mr.T wins!
    Mr.T: Logging this as well
    Aquilae: gg
    Mr.T: *well
    ABYAY has left the room.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Post Game

Props
    *scizzy
    *ABYAY for emotional support (=P)
    *Vance for giving me a great match and agreeing to play me again (No, NO! Best out of Five now!!)
    *CB Scizor for its valuable role in my battles, U-turn is great giving me the advantage
    *Rhyperior (it counters Gyarados)

*scizzy
    *Tyranitar for being a solid threat as always
    *Celebi for being a stalling machine
    *Scizor, for being the most crucial key to my success (in both matches)
    *Aquilae for being Aquilae

Slops
    *Flygon's crappy SpA =(
    *Celebi (That thing NEVER dies)

*Me for being Salamence weak
    *Flygon for being Scarfed, and outspeeding my entire team and having enough power to destroy me

Post Game Thoughts

I should have played more conservatively in both games, if I had kept Flygon or Zapdos alive in both games I would stand a better chance to win the match. I didn't take note of Vance's team in the second match, causing me to sacrifice the wrong pokemon, Flygon, that could deal with his hidden last pokemon, Infernape and Tyranitar effectively...

I really should've had Celebi last longer. His whole team bar Scizor had trouble one-shotting it, and Celebi would've loved using Zapdos as set up fodder for getting a nice Thunder Wave off on something such as Salamence, or getting some nice predictions switching Jirachi in and having Gengar come in for the EQ. I also wish Tyranitar could've shined more in the second match...I mean, it literally only killed Gengar...well, I guess it did aid in Scizor killing Flygon.

Vance's Team
    dpmfb385.png
    dpmfb248.png
    dpmfb251.png
    dpffb212.png
    392-m.png
    094.png

Aquilae's Team
    dpffb212.png
    dpmfb145.png
    dpmfb248.png
    094.png
    dpmfb373.png
    dpmfb330.png

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Don't Wake a Slumbering Bear

Loquacity vs Mr.T

At first, I was very worried about this BL/UU/NFE merger. I thought it was incredibly unbalanced and would ruin the only tier I play. Thankfully, since the merger, I've realized how fun it is. Over 200+ playable Pokemon, you never know what to expect. While there are some basic threats you need to be ready for since at least one of them is bound to appear (Raikou, Mismagius, Medicham, Milotic, etc). In all honesty, I haven't had as much fun playing Pokemon in a very long time. However, I've had a difficult time building a team. They all seem to struggle in one way or another. This team however is the first I've had any substantial success with:

Spoiler:

(Order of Appearance - Arbok wasn't used)

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

Mr.T sent out Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
    Loquacity sent out Claydol (lvl 100 Claydol).
    Claydol used Stealth Rock.
    Uxie used Yawn.
    Claydol became drowsy!

Alright, one of the failings of my older teams was that I always lacked Stealth Rock on my team. It was never a priority for me. But on this team, I made it a priority to include it on this team. Taunt users were always a pain and usually the SR users I like to use are slow. So I went with ScarfClaydol to ensure it was almost always laid on the field. Yawn is an incredibly annoying move and I didn't want my Claydol put to sleep, so it was time to switch.

Loquacity switched in Ninetales (lvl 100 Ninetales).
    Uxie used Stealth Rock.

I went to Ninetales knowing Stealth Rock was coming. I've never used Ninetales before, but I needed a Fire immunity on my team. I had already used Houndoom on a previous team and that left Ninetales as the only other special-based Flash Fire user.

Ninetales used Nasty Plot.
    Ninetales's special attack was sharply raised.
    Uxie used Thunderbolt.
    Ninetales lost 20% of its health.

No Hypnosis on my Ninetales as I wanted coverage > sleep support on her. With her impressive base Special Defense, I knew she could take a hit from Uxie. So I went for the Nasty Plot hoping to do massive damage.

Ninetales used Fire Blast.
    Uxie lost 78% of its health.
    Ninetales lost 10% of its health.
    Uxie used Yawn.
    Ninetales became drowsy!
    Uxie's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Uxie restored 6% of its health.

Didn't do as much damage as I hoped, but definitely have to give credit to that impressive base 130 Special Defense. Yawn makes another appearance, so time to switch once again.

Mr.T switched in Slowking (lvl 100 Slowking).
    Pointed stones dug into Slowking.
    Slowking lost 12% of its health.
    Loquacity switched in Lanturn (lvl 100 Lanturn).
    Pointed stones dug into Lanturn.
    Lanturn lost 12% of its health.
    Lanturn's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Lanturn restored 6% of its health.
    Slowking's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Slowking restored 6% of its health.

Slowking. One of my favorites. I know it can't do much to Lanturn without a Nasty Plot, especially with the EV spread I have on mine. So I feel this is a good switch for me.

Lanturn used Charge Beam.
    It's super effective!
    Slowking lost 19% of its health.
    Lanturn's special attack was raised.
    Slowking used Toxic.
    Slowking's attack missed!
    Lanturn's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Lanturn restored 6% of its health.
    Slowking's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Slowking restored 6% of its health.

Toxic doesn't bother my Lanturn as it's a RestTalk variant. I go for the Charge Beam and thankfully get the boost. I love this move set so much. Helps Lanturn's poor Special Attack and absorbs status.

Mr.T switched in Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
    Pointed stones dug into Uxie.
    Uxie lost 12% of its health.
    Uxie lost 14% of its health.

Uxie makes another appearance. My opponent still doesn't realize this is a RestTalker, so I knew the Yawn was coming. I kept spamming with the Charge Beam and got another boost. Again, Uxie can't do much to Lanturn on the offensive side unless it was a Physical variant, but from the Thunderbolt I saw earlier, I knew it wasn't.

Uxie used Yawn.
    Lanturn became drowsy!
    Lanturn's attack missed!

Damn Shaky accuracy. Oh well, not much on this turn. Sleep was coming next turn.

Uxie used Yawn.
    But it failed!
    Lanturn's attack missed!
    Lanturn fell asleep!

It's accuracy isn't THAT low! How dare it miss twice in a row. I'm pretty mad I'm missing out on damage/Special Attack boosts.

Mr.T switched in Azumarill (lvl 100 Azumarill ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Azumarill.
    Azumarill lost 12% of its health.
    Lanturn is fast asleep!
    Lanturn used Sleep Talk.
    It's super effective!
    Azumarill lost 65% of its health.

Yes! That's exactly what I was waiting for. Disappointed it didn't OHKO, but I'll chalk that up to Lanturn's below average Special Attack and Azumarill's moderate bulk.

Lanturn woke up!
    Lanturn used Sleep Talk.
    But it failed!
    Azumarill used Superpower.
    Lanturn lost 100% of its health.
    Loquacity's Lanturn fainted.
    Azumarill's attack was lowered.
    Azumarill's defence was lowered.

:'( That's very disappointing. Oh well, with that lowered Attack and Defense, Azumarill can be more easily handled. Time to take a risk.

Loquacity switched in Victreebel (lvl 100 Victreebel ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Victreebel.
    Victreebel lost 12% of its health.

Victreebel used Sleep Powder.
    Uxie fell asleep!

I would have been unbelievably upset if that Sleep Powder had missed. This gives me at least one free Swords Dance for my favorite Grass-type.

Mr.T switched in Hitmontop (lvl 100 Hitmontop ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Hitmontop.
    Hitmontop lost 6% of its health.
    Victreebel used Swords Dance.
    Victreebel's attack was sharply raised.

Well crap. At least it doesn't have Intimidate. On the other hand, that means this is a Techinitop, which has been the bane of my existance in the past. I know I have to get rid of this bastard in order for my cleanup Pokemon to sweep in the end. So I go for the kill, knowing Victreebel outruns Hitmontop as long as it isn't using a priority move.

Victreebel used Leaf Blade.
    Hitmontop lost 94% of its health.
    Mr.T's Hitmontop fainted.
    Victreebel lost 10% of its health.

Wow, no Fake Out. That means he definitely had a trick up his sleeve. Thankfully Victreebel is moderately fast (I guess), and it outruns Hitmontop. Leaf Blade was a godsend for Victreebel. It went from subpar to awesome Physical sweeper instead of relying on its lower Special Attack to do damage.

Mr.T switched in Mismagius (lvl 100 Mismagius ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Mismagius.
    Mismagius lost 12% of its health.
    Victreebel used Sucker Punch.
    But it failed!
    Mismagius used Substitute.
    Mismagius lost 25% of its health.
    Mismagius made a substitute!
    Mismagius's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Mismagius restored 6% of its health.

I was really hoping it would go for the kill, but if I had realized who my opponent was earlier, I would of known better. I know Victreebel can still live an unboosted Shadow Ball, so I know I need to attack to ensure that Substitute is gone.

Mismagius used Shadow Ball.
    Victreebel lost 64% of its health.
    The substitute took damage for Mismagius!
    Mismagius's substitute faded!

Alright sweet. Victreebel will die, but as long as it leaves the field with no Substitute up, it was a silent win for me.

Yes. I hope it keeps spamming the Substitutes, so I can dwindle its HP down. Not much I can do due to its Speed.

Just one more Substitute and I know that it'll have to attack and I can kill it with Sucker Punch.

Mismagius used Shadow Ball.
    Victreebel lost 14% of its health.
    Loquacity's Victreebel fainted.

Dang. I should of known that was coming. Oh well. It doesn't have a Sub up and that's only could for me. Now to go for the revenge kill.

Loquacity switched in Claydol (lvl 100 Claydol).
    Pointed stones dug into Claydol.
    Claydol lost 6% of its health.
    Claydol used Ice Beam.
    Mismagius lost 27% of its health.
    But it failed!

No one really expects ScarfDol. Prevents the Sub and puts it in KO range for Ice Beam. I've struggled with Mismagius in the past, so to escape this beast of a Pokemon basically unscathed is a happy day for me.

Claydol used Ice Beam.
    Mismagius lost 23% of its health.
    Mr.T's Mismagius fainted.

Dead. Mission accomplished.

Mr.T switched in Azumarill (lvl 100 Azumarill ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Azumarill.
    Azumarill lost 12% of its health.
    Azumarill used Aqua Jet.
    It's super effective!
    Claydol lost 89% of its health.
    Claydol used Ice Beam.
    Azumarill lost 10% of its health.
    Mr.T's Azumarill fainted.

I wanted to keep ScarfDol in for death fodder, so I could come in more easily for the Revenge Kill. I'm really impressed that it survived what I presume is a CB Aqua Jet, but I guess I was just underestimating Claydol's bulkiness at full health. At least I got rid of that huge threat.

Mr.T switched in Medicham (lvl 100 Medicham ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Medicham.
    Medicham lost 6% of its health.
    Claydol used Ice Beam.
    Medicham lost 35% of its health.
    Medicham used Psycho Cut.
    Claydol lost 5% of its health.
    Loquacity's Claydol fainted.

Well dang. Azumarill's ability cousin makes its apperance. Claydol is definitely death fodder once again. I'm not sure if Medicham is Scarfed or Banded. If Medicham is Adamant and Scarfed, I'm sure my Timid Scarfed Claydol will outrun it. And if it's Banded, I'll definitely outrun it. Either way, I did outrun it and left some damage before dying. Good job Claydol!

Loquacity switched in Ninetales (lvl 100 Ninetales ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Ninetales.
    Ninetales lost 25% of its health.
    Ninetales lost 46% of its health.
    Loquacity's Ninetales fainted.

Alright, definitely scarfed. Oh well. At least I know where the opponent is coming from. Ninetales did what it needed to do.

Loquacity switched in Ursaring (lvl 100 Ursaring ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Ursaring.
    Ursaring lost 12% of its health.
    Ursaring lost 70% of its health.
    Ursaring used Return.
    Medicham lost 58% of its health.
    Mr.T's Medicham fainted.

I wasn't sure if Ursaring could survive a Psycho Cut, but thankfully it did. Ursaring's bulkiness is often ignored as Ursaring is a major powerhouse. While it won't be walling anyone anytime soon, it can usually survive most non-Fighting attacks at least once.

Mr.T switched in Slowking (lvl 100 Slowking ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Slowking.
    Slowking lost 12% of its health.
    Ursaring used Return.
    Slowking lost 69% of its health.
    Mr.T's Slowking fainted.

CBUrsaring is one of the best Pokemon I've ever used. Especially in this new UU. It 2HKOs everything and often nets OHKOs on the switch. Slowking's average defense can't stand up to a STAB CB'd Return. All I have left is Uxie, his starting Pokemon.

Uxie is fast asleep!
    Ursaring used Return.
    Uxie lost 2% of its health.
    Mr.T's Uxie fainted.

Thank God for sleep. That was an awesome match.

Loquacity wins!
    Mr.T has left the room.

Props:

• Claydol for being unpredictable, fast, and getting Stealth Rock down.
    • My opponent for using the powerful tandem of Azumarill and Medicham. Very difficult to bring down.
    • Victreebel's threat of Leaf Blade/Sucker Punch preventing Mismagius from being as effective as it normally is.
    • Ursaring for being such a powerhouse.

Slops:

• Lanturn for having two of its Charge Beams missing and being OHKO'd by Azumarill
    • Mr. T's Slowking being ineffective
    • Ninetales for not being able to net any KOs

Vance, I didn't realize it was you until after you left. xD Good game dude.

Mr. T's Team:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Crouching Azelf, Roaring Ursaring

This was an awesome match. The advantage went from one player to the next and I wasn't sure who was going to win. When I told D_A I was going to post a battle log of this match, he asked if he could add commentary too. So you get both perspectives here for this match. This match was when Dark_Azelf and I were using some of our first teams for the new UU metagame. My team includes:

Spoiler:

Rules: Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause

Our Savior Satan sent out Gardevoir (lvl 100 Gardevoir ?).
    D-A sent out Regirock (lvl 100 Regirock).
    Gardevoir traced Regirock's Clear Body!
    Gardevoir used Will-o-wisp.
    Regirock was burned!
    Regirock used Thunder Wave.
    Gardevoir is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
    Regirock was hurt by its burn!
    Regirock lost 12% of its health.

Well, I had just changed Focus Blast on my Gardevoir to Thunderbolt. At this point, I was regretting it. Oh well, the burn helps me in the long run, either forcing a Rest and free switch for me or crippling his Regirock permanently.

I T-wave here incase he is one of those scarf Gardy's ive been seeing quite a bit of lately. Hint : - Noob mistake #1, my regirock is meant to have a lum berry since it is a lead variant but i guess i forgot to put it on, that burn is annoying but at least it isnt something more important

Regirock used Stealth Rock.
    Gardevoir used Wish.
    Gardevoir made a wish!
    Regirock's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Regirock restored 6% of its health.

I set up the Wish just in case. Stealth Rock will be a pain to deal with as usual, but I'll work around it.

Here i set up SR since my team is an offensive team and this will greatly help wear his team down. Sr is such a broken move and hey i might aswell set it up because of my own stupidity i am now crippled =/. The Wish also revealed that it is NOT scarfed gah...

Regirock used Thunder Wave.
    But it failed!
    Gardevoir used Psychic.
    Regirock lost 29% of its health.
    The wish came true!
    Gardevoir restored 50% of its health.

With no Sandstorm up, I can at least do decent damage to Regirock. I usually struggle against CurseRock with this team, so I'm thankful Dark_Azelf didn't go with that variant.

Time and time again i overpredicted. I thought he would go to something to take that wish that resists rock or explosion or something and pass said wish, but he doesnt and stayed in. My Regi is useless here so i might aswell try to catch him offguard right ? lol

Regirock used Stone Edge.
    Gardevoir lost 25% of its health.
    Gardevoir used Psychic.
    Regirock lost 28% of its health.
    Gardevoir's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Gardevoir restored 6% of its health.

Stone Edge does miniscule damage to Gardevoir with a burn, so I can continue to pound away at Regirock with Psychic. The damage is starting to add up though.

Again i stayed in because "my regi is useless" i might as well try to wear Gardy down, but that did ass and he has wish, so meh =/.

Gardevoir lost 23% of its health.
    Gardevoir used Wish.
    Gardevoir made a wish!

Hence, I use wish this turn. Hopefully not critical hits ruin my fun this next turn and Gardevoir will be back up to respectable HP again.

Working on the same logic as before "Rather regi than anything else get crippled, i will stay in to wear it down"

Gardevoir lost 23% of its health.
    Gardevoir is paralysed! It can't move!
    The wish came true!
    Gardevoir restored 50% of its health.
    D-A's Regirock fainted.

Stupid paralysis. Thankfully I don't get KO'd and Gardevoir is back up to 80~% HP. Regirock is also out of the picture, which will make it slightly easier for my Physical sweepers later in the match.

Parahax, but it really didnt matter too much. Im glad Regirock dies here so i could get a free switch in to something. So i basically got SR up, T-Waved his poke in exchange for one of mine so regi was really no different than a suicide lead for me x]

D-A switched in Shaymin (lvl 100 Shaymin).
    Shaymin used Seed Flare.
    Gardevoir lost 43% of its health.
    Shaymin lost 10% of its health.
    Gardevoir used Will-o-wisp.
    Shaymin was burned!
    Shaymin was hurt by its burn!
    Shaymin lost 12% of its health.

Shaymin is a major pain in the rear end to deal with. I was hoping Seed Flare wouldn't KO Gardevoir so I could burn it and force it to Rest/Switch out to allow me to get in another Wish.

I know Gardy cant beat Shaymin one on one due to Natural Cure, Seed Flare and Rest. I Seed Flare him here and it does quite alot due to the life orb.

Shaymin used Seed Flare.
    Gardevoir lost 43% of its health.
    Gardevoir is paralysed! It can't move!
    Shaymin was hurt by its burn!

Dang. That ruins everything. I don't want Gardevoir to die yet so I can hopefully use it as death fodder later in the game.

Drilled with another Seed Flare, parahax sucks, but meh.

Our Savior Satan switched in Vileplume (lvl 100 Vileplume ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Vileplume.
    Vileplume lost 12% of its health.
    Shaymin used Rest.
    Shaymin fell asleep!
    Shaymin restored 44% of its health.
    Vileplume's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Vileplume restored 6% of its health.

I have to admit I was a little worried about this switch. Most Shaymin carry Air Slash, which will mean the death of my poor Vileplume. Thankfully it rests, which means a switch is coming. I decide to go for Stun Spore and severely limit whoever comes in.

I Rest here due to the fact that burn was kinda wearing me down and with Natural cure its great on a bulky sweeper with a LO like shaymin. I dont have Air Slash or Psychic, i have HP Rock so i have to run away =x.

D-A switched in Staraptor (lvl 100 Staraptor ?).
    Staraptor's intimidate cut Vileplume's attack!
    Vileplume used Stun Spore.
    Staraptor is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Yes! If there's any Pokemon I want to hinder, it's the beast known as Staraptor. Time to switch to my counter to further diminish its effectiveness.

Ughh this was a terrible switch in tbh, i should of know that was coming. My thought process was thinking that he was gonna Aromatheraphy to heal Gardy or something or possibly Sludge Bomb but as you can see he didnt. I was gonna go to Toxicroak but i didnt think HP Ice could OHKO Plume and the irony is if it lived i would of gotten Croak paralyzed too >_<, but Kudos to him for a good prediction.

Drunk Bidoof has entered the room.
    It's LALA! I MISS YOU BABY!

Oh great, that enters the room >_> lol

Our Savior Satan switched in Rotom (lvl 100 Rotom).
    Rotom lost 12% of its health.
    Staraptor used Brave Bird.
    Rotom lost 28% of its health.
    Staraptor was hit by recoil!
    Staraptor lost 8% of its health.
    Rotom's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Rotom restored 6% of its health.

With a Bold Nature, Maxed Out HP and Defense, there's little Staraptor can do to Rotom. It helps that the appliance Pokemon resists EVERY attack Staraptor usually carries bar Heat Wave (lol).

So he goes to that to take my brave bird easily and i am scarfed and he has def evs so it does lol damage =[

Rotom used Discharge.
    Rotom's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Rotom restored 6% of its health.

I should of known Shaymin was coming, but I was hoping to get more paralysis support.

I went here to avoid a few possibilities

• The obvious electric attack.
    • A status.
    • A Trick Scarf since Shaymin doesnt mind those in the least
    =]

Shaymin used Seed Flare.
    Rotom lost 77% of its health.
    Our Savior Satan's Rotom fainted.

:| I overestimated Rotom's bulkiness with no Special Defense investment. Oh well, it served it's purpose. And on top of that Staraptor is still severely limited, so missing its counter won't hinder my team all that much.

Well at least i get rid of that so its one less thing to worry about.

Our Savior Satan switched in Houndoom (lvl 100 Houndoom ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Houndoom.
    Houndoom lost 25% of its health.
    D-A switched in Staraptor (lvl 100 Staraptor ?).
    Staraptor's intimidate cut Houndoom's attack!
    Houndoom used Fire Blast.
    Houndoom's attack missed!

If it hit on the switch, my life would be a million times easier right now. Luckily, I still outrun it and I can hope luck is still on my side.

I dont know what variant that is and because he switched it into the faster Shaymin so im thinking its scarfed, so i go to "death fodder" staraptor. It is paralyzed after all, but his F-BLast misses but it didnt matter too much.

Staraptor lost 131% of its health.
    D-A's Staraptor fainted.
    Houndoom lost 10% of its health.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Staraptor is a pain in the butt I didn't want living.

Simply death fodder because it was useless being paralyzed and all. This turn shows he was bluffing a scarf since Houndoom has LO >.<.

D-A switched in Toxicroak (lvl 100 Toxicroak ?).
    Our Savior Satan switched in Vileplume (lvl 100 Vileplume ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Vileplume.
    Vileplume lost 12% of its health.
    Toxicroak used Vacuum Wave.
    A critical hit!
    Vileplume lost 27% of its health.

I wasn't sure what was coming from this versatile toad, so I switched to what I feel would be able to cushion both of its STAB moves and basically everything else it carries (bar HP Ice). Critical hits suck though.

Ughh that was annoying on my attempted revenge kill and Vileplume takes that hit easy.

Vileplume used Stun Spore.
    Shaymin is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Dang. I should of known D_A was smarter than that and switch to his status absorber. It would of been awesome to hinder that Toxicroak though. At least Shaymin is paralyzed now, which means if it stays in, I get a Sludge Bomb on it, and if it switches, I get a free hit.

I go here to avoid the stun spore and because yeah...

Vileplume used Sludge Bomb.
    It's super effective!
    Shaymin lost 72% of its health.
    Shaymin used Earth Power.
    Vileplume lost 25% of its health.
    D-A's Shaymin fainted.

Pretty upset it didn't KO before it could do damage, but at least it's still down for the count. Leaves Vileplume in KO range for basically anything D_A switches in though.

I try to at least weaken Plume and sacrifice Shaymin because along with Rotom (who i got rid of) stops my Toxicoak, so i figured with both those out of the way my frog with have a much easier time slapping things around.

Toxicroak used Hidden Power.
    It's super effective!
    Vileplume lost 63% of its health.
    Our Savior Satan's Vileplume fainted.

There's the HP Ice I knew it was hiding. Vileplume had served its purpose by essentially taking out two of his Pokemon.

Right, time to sort things out and at least try a come back. Plume down and a few more to go.

Our Savior Satan switched in Gardevoir (lvl 100 Gardevoir ?).
    Gardevoir traced Toxicroak's Dry Skin!
    Pointed stones dug into Gardevoir.
    Gardevoir lost 12% of its health.
    Toxicroak used Hidden Power.
    Gardevoir lost 22% of its health.
    Our Savior Satan's Gardevoir fainted.

I was hoping Gardevoir's bulkiness would let it live an HP Ice but that's too much power coming off of a Spec'd Pokemon.

Gardy was VERY weak from earlier so it falls from the hp ice.

Our Savior Satan switched in Quagsire (lvl 100 Quagsire ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Quagsire.
    Quagsire lost 6% of its health.
    D-A switched in Feraligatr (lvl 100 Feraligatr ?).
    Quagsire used Earthquake.
    Feraligatr lost 36% of its health.
    Quagsire's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Quagsire restored 6% of its health.

Quagsire is my Feraligatr check and it does an awesome job at it. I'm not sure why D_A switched Quagsire into it thought, but I'm guessing he knew what I was using based on him helping me decide what kind of Quagsire to use and knew Feraligatr could survive whatever the mudfish had to throw at it.

Now shaymin im gone im going to struggle with getting rid of this thing, the best i can do is wear it down then finish it off with something. I know how tanky this darn mudfish is from using it multiple times on my own teams and it can really take a physical beating, but i really havent got much choice but to switch to my feraligatr.

Feraligatr used Earthquake.
    Quagsire lost 25% of its health.
    Feraligatr lost 34% of its health.

Lots of bulk invested in this Quagsire, which means it won't be going down anytime soon to an unboosted, non-STAB Earthquake.

Im just trying to wear it down here and hopefully sweep with Toxicroak late game.

Feraligatr used Ice Punch.
    Quagsire lost 19% of its health.
    Feraligatr lost 37% of its health.
    D-A's Feraligatr fainted.

I realized at this point he was only weakening me so Toxicroak could come in. However, I couldn't let a threat like Feraligatr stay around, so I decided to kill it and let Quagsire serve as death fodder for the impending Toxicroak switch.

Yeah i tried for some freeze hax here, but yeah i got it weak so i could finish it off with toxicroak.

Toxicroak used Focus Blast.
    Quagsire lost 100% of its health.
    Our Savior Satan's Quagsire fainted.

RIP my dear friend. You did your job well. Now I have a Spec'd Focus Blast to be worried about.

Go away, darn thing. Specs Focus Blast rips it a new one =D.

Our Savior Satan switched in Houndoom (lvl 100 Houndoom ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Houndoom.
    Houndoom lost 25% of its health.

D-A switched in Luxray (lvl 100 Luxray ?).
    Luxray's intimidate cut Houndoom's attack!
    Luxray lost 97% of its health.

Oh damn. Luxray is a huge threat. Disappointed I didn't get the OHKO (I would of if I had fit Stealth Rock on this team. Damn me!). Well, Houndoom outspeed all variants of Luxray bar Scarf'd ones, so here's to praying Luxray doesn't carry it.

2 of his last 3 pokes are weak to fighting but i have yet to see one of them and i will assume that is weak to fight too since it hasnt shown its face yet around toxicroak (or is frail since it hasnt switched in at all). I took a HUGE risk here so croak could pick off his few remaining pokes with Vacuum Wave to sacrifice Luxray so croak could switch moves from f-blast. This decision nearly wins me the match in the end.

Houndoom used Dark Pulse.
    Luxray lost 67% of its health.
    D-A's Luxray fainted.

Thank God. He has just one Pokemon left to my two. One's a weakened Houndoom and then my final clean up sweeper. Both are weak to Fighting-type Attacks, so I thought it was gg for me.

Luxray dies so i can put my late game plan called "Operation Specs Toxicroak Vacuum Wave sweep" into effect >=].

It's super effective!
    Houndoom lost 68% of its health.
    Our Savior Satan's Houndoom fainted.

Death fodder.

Part one successful.

Our Savior Satan switched in Ursaring (lvl 100 Ursaring ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Ursaring.
    Ursaring lost 12% of its health.
    It's super effective!
    Ursaring lost 73% of its health.
    Ursaring used Return.
    A critical hit!
    Toxicroak lost 264% of its health.

wowowowow It survived a Spec'd Vacuum Wave. I'm really impressed. Again, this showcases Ursaring's awesome bulkiness. Even survived with Stealth Rock up. Then proceeds to rock his Toxicroak into the grave.

Fantastic, my earlier assumption was correct about his last poke being weak to fighting, i honestly couldnt hope for a better match up.

So, Part 2 Succe--......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

T______T

It frikkin lived with just a fraction of hp =/

D-A's Toxicroak fainted.
    Our Savior Satan wins! 1-0

In the end, this was another awesome match showcasing how awesome the new UU is. Such variety, such unpredictability. D_A is an awesome battler and he proceeded to beat me in our rematch immediately after this with one of his other 10,000,000 UU teams (lol). It's always a great match with him.

I suppose i did ok this match because this was one of my first ever "BL/UU/NFE" merger matches, i played old uu, but never anything like this. Truthfully i was kinda testing alot of dudes out too. However, Ive been having much more success now that ive gotten used to the metagame a bit more via laddering, even beating some people who are top 10 -20 on the leaderboard.

It was a really close match and it could of gone either way. Good Game Luke !!

No props or slops

D_A's team:

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Focus results in Victory. UU/BL Merge.

Introduction:
    I used to love playing in the UU metagame because it is less predictable and in my opinion a lot more fun the OU metagame. With the release of Platinum, competitive battling took a turn and resulted in the metagame being so standard that it earned its name; Platifail.
    With Smogon's new UU/BL merge tier, I decided to get back into UU battling and with the BL Pokemon allowed in UU battles, I was able to pick some of my old favourites from Pokemon games or even OU battles that I did before Platinum. This team has had some success and some losses but overall I had a great time in battles even when losing. This battle tested my abilities in the brand new tiering and it came down to a close match on the Smogon ladder.

The Legend:
    Orange will symbolise my Pokemon (mattimo)
    Blue will symbolise the opponents Pokemon (maddog)
    Italic orange will be my commentary.

The Team:
    dpmfa338.png
    dpffa113.png
    dpffa282.png
    dpmfa093.png
    dpmfa465.png
    dpmfa289.png

The Battle:
    maddog sent out Electrode
    mattimo sent out Solrock
    Electrode used Taunt.
    Solrock fell for the taunt!
    Solrock was unable to use Stealth Rock from the Taunt.
    So Electrode comes out and I know immediately that this is a Rain team. Electrode is one of the best leads for rain teams but having used one myself, I know what Electrode has up its sleeve. I predicted a Rain Dance first turn while Solrock makes an attack. But he predicts wonderfully and I am foiled. I am not going to switch out, Solrock resists Explosion and he won't dare a Thunder with its shaky accuracy before setting up Rain. I will stay in and Earthquake.

Electrode used Rain Dance.
    Rain began to fall!
    Solrock used Earthquake. [100%] (Super Effective!)
    maddog's Electrode fainted.
    The rain continues to fall.
    So Electrode gets the predicted Rain Dance up and my Earthquake lands wonderfully but NO SASH! So Solrock is sitting on full HP but is yet to set up my Stealth Rock which really is his entire purpose. Oh well, Solrock netted me the first KO of the match but with Rain Dance up I could be in for some trouble!

6-5

maddog switched in Ludicolo
    mattimo switched in Chansey
    Ludicolo used Surf. [22%]
    Chansey recovered using Leftovers.
    Well the first attacker of his team comes out in the form of Ludicolo. I know this isn't a stall Ludicolo because it used Surf straight off the bat. I don't know if he thought I would stay in and Stealth Rock, but he used Surf and I am assuming he is a Sweeper variant. I switch to my Special blob Chansey to take the hit beautifully. I don't know if Ludicolo is Scarfed or Specs but I will use Toxic to wear him down.

maddog switched in Hitmontop
    Hitmontop's intimidate cut Chansey's attack!
    Chansey used Toxic.
    Hitmontop was badly poisoned!
    Hitmontop loses 6% from the poison.
    Chansey recovers using Leftovers.
    Well out comes Hitmontop and takes the Toxic. I don't know if it is a sweeping Hitmontop or the support variant coming in possibly to Rapid Spin away rocks from Chansey so I will protect to scout what move he will use and to let Toxic take its toll on the spinning guy.

Chansey used Protect.
    Hitmontop used Stone Edge. (Protected)
    Hitmontop lost 12% from poison.
    Hitmontop uses Stone Edge probably in hope of hitting a Hitmontop counter like Pigeot or a flying villain. I will switch to Gardevoir my supporter to take the next hit. HP EV's + Trace Intimidate = laughing for me! I can then proceed to STAB Psychic Mr Spin or whatever he decided to throw at me.

mattimo switched in Gardevoir
    Gardevoir's Intimidate cut Hitmontop's attack.
    Hitmontop used Close Combat. [37%] (Not very effective)
    Both Hitmontops defenses are lowered.
    An Orb within Hitmontop burns him.
    Gardevoir recovers using Leftovers.
    Hitmontop lost 18% from the poison.
    Well Gardevoir took more damage than I had expected from the Close Combat which was meant for Chansey. Hitmontop has a Life Orb so I assume it is a sweeper ish variant. He also lost quite a bit of health from the Toxic and Life Orb together so his sweeping plans are going to end soon! I will go with a Psychic to finish off Hitmontop and even if he switches, whatever comes in is going to take quite the beating!

maddog switched in Omastar
    Gardevoir used Psychic. [78%]
    Gardevoir recovers using Leftovers.
    Well in comes one of my favourite sweepers Omaster and takes a nasty hit from my Psychic. Omaster is nasty if it lands some hits so I want to get rid of this thing quickly. I go with another Psychic which will either nab a switch in or take out Master Omaster.

Omastar used Surf. [76%]
    mattimo's Gardevoir fainted.
    Omastar is hurt by a Life Orb.
    Well forgetting that Rain Dance is still in play is a stupid mistake to make... Gardevoir really never got to do anything useful except put a large dent in Omaster. Chansey can take a hit from Omaster most days of the week so I will send in the giant blob who needs a diet to take some hits while hopefully stalling Omaster to the Davy Jones' Locker.

5-5

Omastar used Surf. [35%]
    Omaster is hurt by his empowering Orb.
    Chansey used Toxic. (Missed)
    The rain stopped.
    Blast you hax Gods! Toxic misses and Omaster gets a clear hit on Chansey. I thought he would've switch into Hitmontop to hit me with a nice Close Combat to the face but then why would I have used Toxic? o.O Oh well, I will use protect stopping Chansey taking any more damage and ensuring I survive whether he attacks or switches or anything.

Chansey used Protect.
    Chansey protected itself!
    Omastar used Surf. (Protected)
    Chansey' recovers using Leftovers.
    Not too much happens here except that he didn't switch. I think he is using Omaster as death fodder to get a free switch in so I am not moving with Chansey. The fat blob can take another hit from Omaster but in case I am mistaken about the death fodder prediction I will use Seismic Toss to get a kill on Hitmontop if he comes out.

Omastar used Surf. [22%]
    Omastar is hurt by his Orb.
    maddog's Omastar fainted.
    Well Omaster is out of the way and I really should have used Wish instead of Seismic Toss... Oh well, I break the tie by knocking out a dangerous asset to his team no doubt.

5-4

maddog switched in Rotom
    mattimo switched in Haunter
    Rotom used Rain Dance.
    Rain began to fall!
    In comes a little Rotom into the midst. I don't know whether it is a Sweeper because it is off little use compared to Swift Swim Sweepers so I really have nothing to expect. I guess I will switch into Haunter my prized Scarf user who revenge kills and can knock him out; OHKO with Shadow Ball. I don't know if he will stay in or switch but it is worth the risk!

Haunter used Shadow Ball. [100%] (Super Effective)
    maddog's Rotom fainted.
    I guess he thought he would outspeed me or survive an attack from Haunter or even to absorb a Trick Scarf onto him. Well out goes Rotom after doing nothing more than set up another Rain Dance.

5-3

maddog switched in Qwilfish
    Qwilfish used Waterfall. [100%]
    mattimo's Haunter fainted.
    Well that was rather embarrassing... I completely forgot that Rain Dance + Swift Swim is faster than Choice Scarf Haunter... Oh well, my special sweeper is down and out and this darn Quilfish stands in my way. I have only ever seen Quilfish as a lead to set up Rain and Explode but this one might be a Physical Attacker of some sort. If it is banded or something I can switch into Tangrowth my Physical Wall of sorts who can take a Physical hit like a pile of vines. :>

4-3

mattimo switched in Tangrowth
    Qwilfish used Swords Dance.
    Qwilfish's attack was sharply raised.
    Tangrowth used Knock Off. [8%] (Focus Sash knocked off)
    Well I use Knock Off predicting a switch or another Waterfall and then it went and it had to do that didn't it! Swords Dance Quilfish... Well I knocked off its Sash which probably wouldn't have done much good but now it has +2 Attack under his belt... I might as well keep Tangrowth in and hope for the best!

Qwilfish used Poison Jab. [80%] (Super Effective)
    Tangrowth used Sleep Powder.
    Qwilfish fell asleep!
    Tangrowth recovers using Leftovers.
    SUCCESS! Tangrowth survived the attack!!! And Sleep Powder hit. AWESOME! Well now I can hope to God that he doesn't wake up while I recover a bit of HP and maybe even take this little puffer fish down!

Qwilfish is fast asleep!
    Tangrowth used Leech Seed. (Seeded)
    Qwilfish lost 12% from Leech Seed.
    Tangrowth recovered 14% from Leech Seed and Leftovers.
    Well I get a Leech Seed on the little guy and start draining HP. Now I can fire out Power Whip's and hope to knock him out soon! I just need him to stay asleep for a few more turns!

Qwilfish is fast asleep!
    Tangrowth used Power Whip. [67%]
    Qwilfish lost 12% from Leech Seed.
    Tangrowth restored 14% from Leech Seed and Leftovers.
    Well I did want it to do a tiny bit more because now he is still alive and I need another turn to bring him down! Oh well, I only need 1 more turn!

Qwilfish woke up!
    Qwilfish used Poison Jab. [55%] (Super Effective!)
    mattimo's Tangrowth fainted.
    The rain stopped.
    And he had to wake up then didn't he? Well Quilfish is on pathetic HP so sending in Chansey to lure a Physical Attack out of Quilfish while I protect and Leech Seed finishes him off could be wise. I know that I am in a icky situation as he has two physical attackers left and my Physical Wall is down the drain...

3-3

Chansey used Protect. (Protected)
    Hitmontop lost 6% from poison.
    In comes the cherry on the cake. Hitmontop comes in to ruin Chanseys fun and I know that it is switch or die. I need to swap as Chansey is an important part of this team as it can Toxic Stall and survive any special attacks left that this guy has. I switch to what I know is the end of Slaking in order to keep Chansey alive.

mattimo switched in Slaking
    Hitmontop used Close Combat. [100%] (Super Effective!)
    mattimo's Slaking fainted.
    Hitmontop's defence was lowered.
    Hitmontop's special defence was lowered.
    Hitmontop lost 22% from poison and Life Orb.
    Well as expected he unleashes Close Combat and Slaking goes goodbye. Slaking didn't really do anything this match but stall Hitmontop out for an extra turn. I will go back to Chansey to complete the stalling of Hitmontop.

2-3

Chansey used Protect.
    Hitmontop used Close Combat. (Protected)
    Hitmontop lost 18% from poison.
    Well Hitmontop takes another chunk out of his health from poison. I know that I cant switch to Solrock and my only chance of suvival is if Chansey can survive the next attack and Wish back some HP. With 252 Def EV's and a lot of HP, he might be able to suvive, but STAB Close Combat Super Effective + Crappy Base Defense stat seems to differ. Well I could get some hax...

maddog switched in Ludicolo
    Chansey used Wish.
    Chansey made a wish!
    SUCCESS! Ludicolo comes in possibly predicting a switch to Solrock while I wish. Now the stalling begins! Ludicolo cannot hurt me and the rain is gone so I know that he will either switch back to Hitmontop hoping to finish off Chansey or he will use Rain Dance so he has 2 sweepers getting a speed boost. I need to take a risk and use Toxic because if Hitmontop comes in, I can protect and he will hopefully faint, otherwise I can Toxic Stall Ludicolo who isn't going to do much to Chansey.

Ludicolo used Rain Dance.
    Rain began to fall!
    Chansey used Toxic.
    Ludicolo was badly poisoned!
    The wish came true and Chansey recover 24%
    Ludicolo lost 6% from poison.
    Chansey gets a needed Wish and manages to Toxic Ludicolo. Now we can watch the pitiful Ludicolo attempt to damage my blob.

Ludicolo used Surf. [23%]
    Chansey used Seismic Toss. [33%]
    Ludicolo lost 12% from poison.
    So Surf it is and Chansey easily absorbs everything he throws at me to pummel him back with Seismic Toss and Toxic damage. I will let you watch my Chansey stall Ludicolo to oblivion...

Ludicolo used Surf. [22%]
    Chansey used Seismic Toss. [33%]
    Ludicolo lost 16% from poison.
    maddog's Ludicolo fainted.
    Well like predicted, Chansey was easily able to Toxic Stall Ludicolo to fainting point. I know that Hitmontop will come back in and that Chansey has Protect so I can possibly maybe stall Hitmontop to the ground but it will be close...

2-2

Chansey used Protect.
    Hitmontop used Close Combat. (Protected)
    Hitmontop lost 6% from poison.
    Chansey recovers from Leftovers.
    Well Hitmontop is bound to use Close Combat again and neither Solrock or Chansey could survive it and even if I change to Solrock that leaves Chansey vs Quilfish the Physical sweeper. I have no choice but to sacrifice Chansey. She has done me proud this battle and will faint in honour!

Hitmontop used Close Combat. [74%] (Super Effective!)
    mattimo's Chansey fainted.
    Hitmontop's defence was lowered.
    Hitmontop's special defence was lowered.
    Hitmontop lost 2% from poison.
    maddog's Hitmontop fainted.
    Down goes Chansey and Hitmontop shortly after. Now it is Solrock against Quilfish. I will let you guys see what happens next.

1-1

maddog switched in Qwilfish
    mattimo switched in Solrock
    Qwilfish used Waterfall. [100%] (Super Effective)

Solrock hung on using its Focus Sash!
    Solrock used Rock Slide.
    Qwilfish lost 1% of its health.
    maddog's Qwilfish fainted.

1-0

Yay for Focus Sash. I really should've finished with Explosion for an awesome ending to this battle but to be honest, I forgot about the Focus Sash and I thought I had lost the battle... ;)
    Well that was a close battle! Solrock survived with 1 HP and was my lead, so he actually survived the longest even though he appeared at the beginning and then was never seen until the end.. He didn't even get to set up Stealth Rock.. Poor guy...

maddog's team
    dpmfa101.png
    dpmfa272.png
    dpmfa237.png
    dpmfa139.png
    dpmfa479.png
    dpmfa211.png

Props
    Solrock for holding a Focus Sash.
    Chansey for being an awesome sponge.
    maddog for the battle!
    OHKO's. There were several.

Slops
    Slaking for doing absolutely nothing.
    Solrock not using Explosion at the end.

THANKS FOR READING!

Years
  • Come get some. ( Vance vs. Green Tea )

Introduction

Green Tea's Introduction
    A lot of the new S&M members probably don't know me unless they go on the official PokeCommunity Shoddy server considerably often and actually talk. Leaving after you say 1 sentence and never returning the same day does not mean actually talking. I'm mostly a lurker and had a hiatus when my laptop's Shoddy Battle broke down and just recently reinstalled it, after which I've been slowly but surely improving at playing Platinum and have made several teams. The most recent one was an OU team, which is still just a tiny seedling and hasn't bloomed into a flower only to wither due to a possible halt in usage. It is still undergoing changes, and D_A has tormented me with being SD Skarmory weak. ;; I'm still brand new at Platinum's rather destructive style, and while I did try to make an offensive team, it came out without real power except for 2 Pokemon, which Vance tried to grow but only changed the moveset of one Pokemon. He was also hungry for some testing with his new team as well, which of course would be a good opportunity to see how flawed our teams were. So I accepted, and this was the result. This was after our first battle the following day, when he used Empoleon which was soon removed. After that he wanted to try out Jirachi and we had a rematch that was not nearly as unbalanced.
    Vance's Introduction

So here I was on a Friday afternoon, sick, bored, and trying to perfect my newest team. I was having trouble selecting new team members, since Empoleon was total suckage. Lala was kind enough to help me consider a few things, mainly, Steel-type replacements for my team. We went through a bit list, ranging from Empoleon, to Jirachi, to Bronzong. I sort of liked Bronzong, but I wanted something that handled Starmie a tad better. I added Jirachi, with Light Screen (Rotom already was running Reflect). I was eager to fight Lala again, partly because I wanted to have a good game that involved sportsmanship and friendship, and partly because I wanted to see Tyranitar Crunch his face off.​

button_rules.gif

Evasion Clause
    Freeze Clause
    OHKO Clause
    Sleep Clause
    Soul Dew Clause​

Dark Blue represents anything related to Vance during the battle.

Maroon represents anything related to Green Tea during the battle.

Anything bolded without a color besides Black is the battle itself.

dpmfa260.png
    vs.
    dpmfa392.png

Mr.T sent out Swampert.
    Drunk Bidoof sent out Infernape.
    byhamzilla has entered the room.
    Infernape used Stealth Rock.
    Swampert used Surf.
    It's super effective!
    Infernape lost 107% of its health.
    Infernape hung on using its Focus Sash!

I feared Swampert would set up Stealth Rock, luckily Vance doesn't prefer that and wants to annhilate Infernape early in the game.

From prior battles, I know he has an Endeavor LeadApe with Vacuum Wave. I wanted to break the sash first off, but now I'm thinking: He knows I have Rotom, meaning he could Fire Blast for the KO. Or, he could Endeavor, miss, let me get Lefties, live the Fire Blast, and kill it. I didn't want Swampert to die, not with an SD Scizor running around (I reccommended it ^__^)

Swampert: 100% - No Status
    Infernape: 1% - No Status
    ---

479-t.png
    vs.
    dpmfa392.png

Mr.T switched in Rotom-h.
    Pointed stones dug into Rotom-h.
    Infernape used Fire Blast.
    Rotom-h lost 88% of its health.
    Mr.T's Rotom-h fainted.

If he wants to play the predicting game, then so be it. Although it's great Fire Blast is a very strong move when Focus Sash kicks in.

Prediction sucks ;_; Oh well, off to kill it.

Rotom-H: 0% - Fainted
    Infernape: 1% - No Status
    ---

5-6

dpmfa392.png
    vs.
    dpmfa392.png

Mr.T switched in Infernape.
    Pointed stones dug into Infernape.
    Infernape used Vacuum Wave.
    Infernape lost 34% of its health.
    Infernape lost 67% of its health.
    Drunk Bidoof's Infernape fainted.

I might as well just Vacuum Wave anyway, it's not doing anything later with the possibility of my Tyranitar coming in and Swampert setting up Stealth Rock.

That Vacuum Wave hurt A LOT. Maybe it's because I'm running a - SpD nature, and maybe because Infernape SUCKS. I guess there was nothing else I could do. I didn't want anyone to have to take an Endeavor to the face.

Infernape: 54% - No Status
    Infernape: 0% - Fainted
    ---

5-5

dpmfa260.png
    vs.
    dpmfa212.png

Drunk Bidoof switched in Scizor.
    Mr.T switched in Swampert.
    Pointed stones dug into Swampert.
    Swampert's leftovers restored its health a little!

With Rotom-H gone, I felt less threatened and felt Surf would not knock Scizor out early, perhaps it's time I bet on my Pokemon's power.

So, my own suggestion comes to haunt me. Quite funny he brings it in on an Infernape of all things! He knows I run a Scarfed Ape, so...maybe he's just trying to kill a few things off before inevitable death? Swampert can play this game.

Swampert: 100% - No Status
    Scizor: 100% - +2 Atk
    ---

dpmfa260.png
    vs.
    dpmfa212.png

Scizor used Brick Break.
    Swampert lost 48% of its health.
    Swampert used Surf.
    Scizor lost 45% of its health.

I suppose this was predictable coming from a 75 BP move against a Pokemon with 100 Base HP and 90 Base Defense.

Yes! He runs Brick Break. No X-Scissor sucks honestly, since you get walled by Psychics, Bulky Waters, and basically the metagame itself. I'm not complaining though =]

Swampert: 58% - No Status
    Scizor: 45% - +2 Atk
    ---

dpmfa260.png
    vs.
    dpmfa212.png

Scizor used Roost.
    Scizor restored 50% of its health.
    Swampert used Surf.
    Scizor lost 42% of its health.

Once I realized the damage percentage, I started to Roost away, with decent success.

Little does he know, while he's Roosting up, I'm getting Lefties recovery. I guess my Surfs are "sort of" canceling out his Roosts, though I don't like him gaining HP whatsoever =[ COME ON TORRENT.

Swampert: 64% - No Status
    Scizor: 53% - +2 Atk
    ---

dpmfa260.png
    vs.
    dpmfa212.png

Scizor used Roost.
    Scizor restored 50% of its health.
    Swampert used Surf.
    Scizor lost 42% of its health.

I'm starting to have those lower than 50% Surfs work for me while I stockpile HP again.

I don't like Scizor.

Swampert: 71% - No Status
    Scizor: 58% - +2 Atk
    ---

dpmfa260.png
    vs.
    dpmfa212.png

Scizor used Brick Break.
    Swampert lost 53% of its health.
    Swampert used Surf.
    Scizor lost 62% of its health.
    Drunk Bidoof's Scizor fainted.

Swampert is just too inpenetrable with a non-STAB Brick Break supported by a single Swords Dance to defeat it, the fight was confirmed to be a loss when Torrent was activated.

YEAH TORRENT SURF. Things like this makes me happy I run Surf > Hydro Pump, if only for sheer accuracy.

Swampert: 24% - No Status
    Scizor: 0% - +2 Atk, Fainted
    ---

5-4

dpmfa260.png
    vs.
    dpmfa134.png

Drunk Bidoof: =o
    Drunk Bidoof: oh right
    Mr.T: No X-Scissor ;(?
    Drunk Bidoof switched in Vaporeon.
    Vaporeon used Surf.
    Swampert lost 32% of its health.
    Mr.T's Swampert fainted.

Meh, it probably wouldn't have lived to do anything besides set up Stealth Rock, which it couldn't do earlier due to the threat from Scizor with +2 Atk.

PLEASE Lala, play dumb and use Wish/Protect so I can get off some Stealth Rock. That was my train of thought, too bad Lala isn't that stupid.

Swampert: 0% - Fainted
    Vaporeon: 100% - No Status
    ---

4-4

dpmfa385.png
    vs.
    dpmfa134.png
    &
    dpmfa145.png

Mr.T switched in Jirachi.
    Pointed stones dug into Jirachi.
    Drunk Bidoof switched in Zapdos.
    Jirachi used Light Screen.
    A barrier was formed!
    Jirachi's leftovers restored its health a little!

I should've known he would've used this chance to put up one of the barriers, and that will be the only one set up for him since Rotom-H has been wiped out and so will Jirachi.

I'm liking Jirachi thus far, isn't afraid of Zapdos that much ^__^ Plus it's just too cute.

Jirachi: 100% - No Status
    Zapdos: 100% - No Status
    ---

dpmfa385.png
    vs.
    dpmfa145.png
    &
    dpmfa134.png

Jirachi used Wish.

An unevenful move, nothing here to really say.

Heeeeeeeeeere comes Dragonite. Draco Meteor 2HKOs, and I live the Ice Beam thanks to Light Screen. Happy day!

Zapdos: 100% - No Status
    ---

dpmfa385.png
    &
    dpmfa149.png
    vs.
    dpmfa134.png

Jirachi used U-turn.
    Vaporeon lost 11% of its health.
    Mr.T switched in Dragonite.
    Pointed stones dug into Dragonite.
    Vaporeon used Surf.
    Dragonite lost 10% of its health.
    The wish came true!
    Dragonite restored 50% of its health.
    Vaporeon's leftovers restored its health a little!

Blegh, I'm in an unfavorable position now. Right now practically everyone is using Salamence for their Dragon Dancing purposes, so it's probably a Mixed Attacker.

I'm salivating currently. I think "IM GONNA DRACO METEOR AND OHKO HIS TEAM." Only to see...

Dragonite: 100% - No Status
    ---

dpmfa149.png
    vs.
    dpmfa134.png
    &
    dpmfa437.png

Drunk Bidoof switched in Bronzong.
    Dragonite used Draco Meteor.
    Bronzong lost 33% of its health.
    Dragonite's special attack was harshly lowered.

Just another example of Dragonite having considerable power with a big movepool.

...This DONG thing. >__> I should've predicted that. Oh well, I hope Fire Blast hurts (even if just a little).

Dragonite: 90% - -2 SpAtk
    Bronzong: 67% - No Status
    ---

dpmfa149.png
    vs.
    dpmfa437.png

Dragonite used Fire Blast.
    Dragonite's attack missed!
    Bronzong used Light Screen.
    A barrier was formed!
    Dragonite's light screen wore off!

Fortune shines upon me yet again, with something that's actually good, not minor garbage.

HAX 1

Dragonite: 90% - -2 SpAtk
    Bronzong: 67% - Light Screen support
    ---

dpmfa385.png
    vs.
    dpmfa437.png

Bronzong used Reflect.
    A barrier was formed!

A nice breath of fresh air knowing I won't likely have another team member down at around 30% HP.

NOW IM MAD. BRICK BREAK IT JIRACHI.

Bronzong: 67% - Light Screen and Reflect support
    ---

dpmfa385.png
    vs.
    dpmfa437.png

Jirachi used Light Screen.
    A barrier was formed!
    Bronzong used Explosion.
    Jirachi lost 42% of its health.
    Drunk Bidoof's Bronzong fainted.

During this turn I had forgotten about Vance's key member; Tyranitar. So I decided to explode thinking it had nothing to do now.

Wow...Explosion did ass. That was pathetic rofl.

Jirachi: 64% - Light Screen support
    Bronzong: 0% - Fainted with Light Screen and Reflect support
    ---

4-3

dpmfa385.png
    vs.
    dpmfa437.png
    &
    dpmfa248.png

Drunk Bidoof switched in Tyranitar.
    A sandstorm brewed!
    Mr.T: Yayyyy
    Mr.T: I need infinite flinches to win
    Jirachi used Iron Head.
    It's super effective!
    A critical hit!
    Tyranitar lost 49% of its health.
    Tyranitar used Crunch.
    Jirachi lost 52% of its health.
    The sandstorm rages.

Really, if he keeps this up, forget about flinches and just rely on critical hits.

HAX 2

Jirachi: 18% - Light Screen support
    Bronzong: 0% - Fainted
    Tyranitar: 51% - Light Screen and Reflect support, Choice Band support
    ---

dpmfa385.png
    vs.
    dpmfa248.png
    &
    dpmfa145.png

byhamzilla has left the room.
    Jirachi used Iron Head.
    Zapdos lost 5% of its health.
    The sandstorm rages.
    Zapdos's leftovers restored its health a little!

I'm sure that victory is still not assured and in fact is still able to lean on my side for a moment then laugh and go to Vance's team.

Yeah, now I need a Magnezone to prevent Bronzong from doing things such as these =/

Jirachi: 24% - Light Screen support
    Tyranitar: 51% - Light Screen and Reflect support, Choice Band boost
    Zapdos: 95% - Light Screen and Reflect support
    ---

dpmfa385.png
    &
    dpmfa248.png
    vs.
    dpmfa145.png

Mr.T switched in Tyranitar.
    Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.
    Zapdos used Heat Wave.
    Tyranitar lost 5% of its health.
    The sandstorm rages.

I've been predicted, oh no. I'm sure if I switch to Vappy fast enough I can endure the possible damage caused by a 1 DD Tyranitar with Bronzong and Scizor fainted.

HERE HE IS. THE BEAST. THE MAN. THE LIZARD. THE REPTILE. THE DINOSAUR. DDTar. Even through Reflect, it SHOULD be able to 2-3HKO Vaporeon with a DD boosted Life Orb Stone Edge.

Jirachi: 24% - Light Screen support
    Tyranitar: 83% - Light Screen Support
    ---

dpmfa248.png
    vs.
    dpmfa145.png
    &
    dpmfa134.png

Tyranitar used Dragon Dance.
    Tyranitar's attack was raised.
    Tyranitar's speed was raised.
    Tyranitar's light screen wore off!
    The sandstorm rages.
    Vaporeon is buffetted by the sandstorm!

I suppose I'm doomed, time to say goodbye to winning, which was already disadvantageous.

Awww, now I want Light Clay.

Tyranitar: 83% - +1 Atk and Speed
    Vaporeon: 100% - Light Screen and Reflect support
    ---

dpmfa248.png
    vs.
    dpmfa134.png

Drunk Bidoof: gg
    Tyranitar's attack missed!
    Vaporeon used Surf.
    It's super effective!
    Tyranitar lost 49% of its health.
    Vaporeon's light screen wore off!
    The sandstorm rages.

Perhaps I'm just incredibly lucky today, let's just hope this luck keeps up.

OH MY GOD. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Tyranitar: 34% - +1 Atk and Speed
    Vaporeon: 100% - Reflect support
    ---

dpmfa248.png
    vs.
    dpmfa134.png

Drunk Bidoof: o.o
    Mr.T: Such bad luck =[
    A critical hit!
    Vaporeon lost 80% of its health.
    Tyranitar lost 10% of its health.
    Vaporeon used Surf.
    It's super effective!
    Tyranitar lost 45% of its health.
    Mr.T's Tyranitar fainted.
    Vaporeon's reflect wore off!
    The sandstorm rages.

Right when he talks about bad luck Vaporeon is severely damaged and had it not been for Reflect, would have been obliterated. Well this has definitely been paid for by the annhilation of Tyranitar, which is the core of Vance's team.

THIS WOULD'VE ENDED VAPOREON. AND JUST WHEN REFLECT ENDED. GRRRR.

Tyranitar: 0% - Fainted, +1 Attack and Speed
    Vaporeon: 20% - No Status
    ---

3-3

dpmfa392.png
    vs.
    dpmfa134.png

Mr.T: =]
    Drunk Bidoof: x]
    Drunk Bidoof: thank god Bronzong was there
    Drunk Bidoof: RIP Zong
    Mr.T: I have a slight slight slight slight chance to win
    Mr.T: Really slight
    Vaporeon used Protect.
    Infernape used Grass Knot.
    The sandstorm rages.

The only way Vaporeon or Tyranitar would have survived by now is Bronzong, which showed its actual reason to be used in this match. Although Vaporeon is also one of the most important on the team, my favorite for this match would be Bronzong.

Infernape and Tyranitar are friends, and Infernape HATES when Tyranitar dies to something like Vaporeon (who laughed at Infernape all throughout DP with "Lol Mixape") What's Vaporeon going to do now?

Infernape: 36% - Choice Scarf boost
    Vaporeon: 20% - No Status
    ---

dpmfa392.png
    vs.
    dpmfa134.png

Infernape used Grass Knot.
    It's super effective!
    Vaporeon lost 30% of its health.
    Drunk Bidoof's Vaporeon fainted.
    The sandstorm rages.

Well obviously Vaporeon is not surviving anything now, no no no. By now my team was already wary of repeated combat, with only Zapdos in exceptionally good condition to fight on.

Of course of course of course of course of course of course of course.

Infernape: 30% - Choice Scarf boost
    Vaporeon: 0% - Fainted
    ---

3-2

dpmfa392.png
    &
    dpmfa385.png
    vs.
    dpmfa145.png

Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
    Jirachi lost 31% of its health.
    Mr.T's Jirachi fainted.
    The sandstorm rages.

It was a somewhat predictable switchin, due to Grass Knot not ever being able to scar Zapdos, oh well, helped me get rid of the only remaining Screener on both of our teams.

Bye Jirachi :(

Infernape: 24% - Choice Scarf boost
    Jirachi: 0% - Fainted
    Zapdos: 95% - No Status
    ---

2-2

dpmfa149.png
    vs.
    dpmfa145.png

Mr.T switched in Dragonite.
    Pointed stones dug into Dragonite.
    Mr.T: Okay, Draco Meteor
    Mr.T: HIT
    Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
    Dragonite lost 47% of its health.
    Dragonite used Draco Meteor.
    Zapdos lost 80% of its health.
    Dragonite's special attack was harshly lowered.
    The sandstorm rages.
    Dragonite is buffetted by the sandstorm!

....Wow. That was a very powerful blow that I honestly did not expect and made me look more into MixNite's potiential; which I commonly neglected.

I consistently overestimated the power that is MixNite. I guess 80% is still pretty damn cool, although it's not what I really wanted :(

Dragonite: 49% - -2 SpAtk
    Zapdos: 15% - No Status
    ---

dpmfa149.png
    vs.
    dpmfa145.png

Zapdos used Roost.
    Zapdos restored 50% of its health.
    Dragonite used Superpower.
    Zapdos lost 34% of its health.
    Dragonite's attack was lowered.
    Dragonite's defence was lowered.
    Mr.T's Dragonite fainted.
    The sandstorm rages.

The good old bulky Zapdos takes its time in replenishing HP and watching Dragonite finally stop its attack.

Okay...Dragonite you officially SUCK (HARD)

Dragonite: 0% - Fainted, -2 SpAtk, -1 Atk and Def
    Zapdos: 31% - No Status
    ---

1-2

dpmfa392.png
    vs.
    dpmfa145.png

Drunk Bidoof: ok that was a mega beast
    Mr.T: GG
    Drunk Bidoof: gg
    Zapdos lost 15% of its health.
    Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
    Infernape lost 100% of its health.
    Mr.T's Infernape fainted.
    Drunk Bidoof wins!
    Drunk Bidoof: should we log
    Mr.T: Jirachi doesn't suit my taste
    Drunk Bidoof: =[
    Mr.T: You could if you'd like
    Mr.T: That was a good match
    Drunk Bidoof: no i'd prefer approval
    Drunk Bidoof: from my opponent
    Mr.T: Yes
    Mr.T: Just mention that Jirachi should be UU
    Drunk Bidoof: thanks
    Mr.T: =]
    Mr.T has left the room.

I expected a bit more damage (~20%), but it was bulky Zapdos. The battle comes to an end with Zapdos and Tyranitar standing victorious, although I felt Bronzong contributed a lot more.

Oh well. No crit. :(

Infernape: 0% - Fainted, Choice Scarf boost
    Zapdos: 16% - No Status
    ----

Final Score​
    0-2

Green Tea's Team
    dpmfa392.png
    dpmfa212.png
    dpmfa145.png
    dpmfa134.png
    dpmfa248.png
    dpmfa437.png
    In my opinion, it was a considerable battle. Yes, there was a bit of hax here and there but it wasn't ridiculously luck-infested. Perhaps I was blessed, for when I thought certain doom would come; it just seems I could have survived just a bit longer. While it wasn't what as close of a battle as I expected and wanted, a 2-0 is pretty close. Still, I favor Bronzong due to its excellence and Zapdos for enduring until Infernape was destroyed. Good game Vance, very well played.
    Vance's Team
    dpmfa260.png
    dpmfa392.png
    479-t.png
    dpmfa385.png
    dpmfa149.png
    dpmfa248.png

Both of us got some hax, which was nice. Bronzong was truly the shining star in the match, Dual Screens proved to be the deciding factor in the match today (of course, not mine). I'm just a bad case of prediction gone wrong, oh well...I'll take my Tyranitar and go elsewhere (except with a CB set, DDer sucks).​

Pros

• Vance for being a very dangerous player who could have annhilated me without hax
    • Bronzong and Zapdos for actually contributing
    • Lala for being a very underrated, very modest, and very cool battler XP
    • Tyranitar for dealing beastly damage even through Reflect.
    Cons

• Hax was in every match we had
    • Scizor for not sweeping, darn Swampert
    • THE HAX
    • Bronzong.BRonzong.BROnzong.BRONzong.BRONZong.BRONZOng.BRONZONg.BRONZONG

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How Not To Play! Dark_Azelf Vs Sims796.

I was bored a few weeks back and so was Sims. He wanted to test his new team out and so did i (i have like 80 teams, since i collect them btw so i was still technically testing out a new team lol). We battled a few times and this was the best out the bunch, i was tired at the time thus played kinda badly this match so please excuse that @___@.

Rules:

o Evasion Clause.
    o Freeze Clause.
    o OHKO Clause
    o Sleep Clause
    o Species Clause
    My Team (In order of appearance)

Spoiler:

Key

• arrow.gif
      = Represents a switch
    • My comments in blue.
    • His pokes are on the right, mine are on the left.
    Let the match begin !!

---
    Spr_4d_251.png
    VS
    Spr_4p_450_f.png
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_121.png

---

sims796 sent out Hippowdon
    Dark118 sent out Celebi
    Hippowdon's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
    A sandstorm brewed!
    sims796 switched in Starmie.
    Celebi used Trick.
    Celebi obtained Choice Scarf!
    Starmie obtained Choice Scarf!
    Starmie is buffetted by the sandstorm!

convo said:
    Dark118: lol
    sims796: i won't make the same moves again
    sims796: spiteful, i am

I start with Celebi and he starts with a Hippow, i know he wont stay in so i want to trick my scarf onto what ever comes in. However the noob knew this was coming ughh, either that or this switch in was a death fodder which tells me he cant deal with celebi hmm.
    ---
    Spr_4d_251.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_248.png
    Vs
    Spr_4d_121.png

---

Dark118 switched in Tyranitar
    Starmie used Ice Beam.
    Tyranitar lost 17% of its health.
    Starmie is buffetted by the sandstorm!

I know he wouldnt surf a celebi and its too early to predict yet so i sent in my tar to molest his starmie worse than Michael Jackson. Tar takes the ice beam like a real man.
    ---
    Spr_4d_248.png
    Vs
    Spr_4d_121.png

---

Tyranitar used Pursuit.
    It's super effective!
    Starmie lost 228% of its health.
    sims796's Starmie fainted.

convo said:
    Dark118: hey yo
    sims796: <Insert swear words>

Who's bad, shamone eee heee *moonwalks*. Anyways i get rid of this thing so it wont cause problems revenge killing my mence and tricking scarf onto my junk.

Code:
    6-5 (Me)

Dark_Azelf : - Celebi, Tyranitar, Rotom-H, Suicune, Salamence, lucario

Sims : - Hippowdon, [s]Starmie[/s], ?,?,?,?

Field : - Sandstorm
    ---
    Spr_4d_248.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_251.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_470.png

---

sims796 switched in Leafeon
    Dark118 switched in Celebi
    Leafeon used Swords Dance.
    Leafeon's attack was sharply raised.
    Leafeon is buffetted by the sandstorm!
    Leafeon's leftovers restored its health a little!

Leafeon is a problem and i cant stay in, so i go into Celebi to take the leaf Blade but he SD's, which is a pain especially if it has X-Scissor.

---
    Spr_4d_251.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_470.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4p_448.png

---

Celebi used Trick.
    Celebi obtained Leftovers!
    Leafeon obtained Choice Scarf!
    Leafeon used Baton Pass.
    sims796 switched in Lucario
    The sandstorm rages.
    Celebi's leftovers restored its health a little!

convo said:
    Dark118: eat this
    sims796: dun dun duuuuuuuun
    sims796: a bit of lag, one sec...
    Dark118: ew

I decide to Trick my scarf on to it to stop it passing later in the game or to just lock it in one move to screw it up, he passes to a Lucario however oshi-
    ---
    Spr_4d_251.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_448.png

---

Lucario is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
    Lucario used Crunch.
    It's super effective!
    Celebi lost 123% of its health.
    Dark118's Celebi fainted.
    Lucario lost 10% of its health.

sims796: <Insert swear words here>
    Dark118: owned
    sims796: at least cel is dead

Im not THAT worried because of T-Wave and so i sacrifice Celebi to cripple this idiot.

Code:
     5-5

Dark_Azelf : - [s]Celebi[/s], Tyranitar, Rotom-H, Suicune, Salamence, lucario

Sims : - Hippowdon, [s]Starmie[/s], Leafeon, Lucario,?,?

---
    Spr_4p_479O.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_448.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_330.png

---

Dark118 switched in Rotom-h.
    sims796 switched in Flygon
    Rotom-h used Overheat.
    Flygon lost 29% of its health.
    Rotom-h's special attack was harshly lowered.
    Rotom-h is buffetted by the sandstorm!

I play safe and Overheat in case he decided to stay in and he goes to flygon. I have no direct switch into this (Who does ? lol) i can revenge kill and predict around his moves based on resistances and immunities though.

---
    Spr_4p_479O.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_373.png
    Vs
    Spr_4d_330.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

Dark118 switched in Salamence.
    Salamence's intimidate cut Flygon's attack!
    Flygon used U-turn.
    A critical hit!
    Salamence lost 25% of its health.
    sims796 switched in Hippowdon.

convo said:
    Dark118: =]

I figured he wouldnt EQ and why would he Outrage early in the game ? I took a while to decide what to do here and i decided he would U-Turn so i went to mence. He goes to Hippowdon and because im physical i cant stay in.
    ---
    Spr_4d_373.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_245.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

Dark118 switched in Suicune.
    Suicune is exerting its pressure!
    Hippowdon used Yawn.
    Suicune became drowsy!
    Suicune is buffetted by the sandstorm!

So i go to cune on the predicted Stealth Rock/Ice Fang and get Yawned...eww.
    ---
    Spr_4d_245.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4p_479O.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4p_470.png

---

sims796 switched in Leafeon.
    Dark118 switched in Rotom-h.
    Leafeon is buffetted by the sandstorm!

We both switch out here and i get the better switch advantage on him.
    ---
    Spr_4p_479O.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_470.png

---

Leafeon used Leaf Blade.
    Rotom-h lost 47% of its health.
    Rotom-h used Shadow Ball.
    A critical hit!
    Leafeon lost 119% of its health.
    sims796's Leafeon fainted.

convo said:
    Dark118: nail'd

So for some reason he stays in and gets nailed with a shadow ball, i used S-Ball incase flygon came in too on the predicted overheat.

Code:
     5-4 (Me)

Dark_Azelf : - [s]Celebi[/s], Tyranitar, Rotom-H, Suicune, Salamence, lucario

Sims : - Hippowdon, [s]Starmie[/s], Leafeon, Lucario, Flygon,?

---
    Spr_4p_479O.png
    Vs
    Spr_4d_330.png

---

sims796 switched in Flygon.
    Flygon used Outrage.
    Flygon went on a rampage!
    Rotom-h lost 103% of its health.
    Dark118's Rotom-h fainted.

convo said:
    sims796: all good

I figured he has to outrage to get rid of me or im not threatened, so i stay in and sacrifice rotom for the greater good and to lock him in.

Code:
       4-4 

Dark_Azelf : - [s]Celebi[/s], Tyranitar, [s]Rotom-H[/s], Suicune, Salamence, lucario

Sims : - Hippowdon, [s]Starmie[/s], [s]Leafeon[/s], Lucario, Flygon,?

---
    Spr_4d_245.png
    Vs
    Spr_4d_330.png

---

Dark118 switched in Suicune.
    Suicune is exerting its pressure!
    Flygon used Outrage.
    Suicune lost 82% of its health.
    Suicune used Ice Beam.
    It's super effective!
    Flygon lost 201% of its health.
    sims796's Flygon fainted.
    Suicune is buffetted by the sandstorm!

This was a misclick on my part and you could tell i was tired. I have a scarf Lucario with ice punch so this was a really retarded move so i take a crap load of damage for nothing, especially since this is an offensive suicune and has no def evs lol. This mistake almost cost me the match because all i have left are physical pokes and hippowdon walls me badly now. I need to wake up, ughhhh.

Despite my carelessness/misclick i ohko with ice beam which is a plus i guess =[.

Code:
       4-3 (Me)

Dark_Azelf : - [s]Celebi[/s], Tyranitar, [s]Rotom-H[/s], Suicune, Salamence, lucario

Sims : - Hippowdon, [s]Starmie[/s], Leafeon, Lucario, [s]Flygon[/s],?

---
    Spr_4d_245.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_448.png

--

Lucario used Extremespeed.
    A critical hit!
    Suicune lost 50% of its health.
    Dark118's Suicune fainted.

convo said:

He crits me and finishes of my cune, but it didnt matter since i had like 1 hp left lol

Code:
      3-3

Dark_Azelf : - [s]Celebi[/s], Tyranitar, [s]Rotom-H[/s], [s]Suicune[/s], Salamence, lucario

Sims : - Hippowdon, [s]Starmie[/s], [s]Leafeon[/s], Lucario, [s]Flygon[/s],?

---

Spr_4p_448.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_448.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

Dark118 switched in Lucario.
    Hippowdon's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
    Lucario used Close Combat.
    Hippowdon lost 33% of its health.
    Lucario's defence was lowered.
    Lucario's special defence was lowered.
    Hippowdon's leftovers restored its health a little!

I switch in Lucario to revenge kill it and he goes to hippow. Im jolly so that damage was actually ok.
    ---
    Spr_4p_448.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_373.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

Salamence's intimidate cut Hippowdon's attack!
    Hippowdon used Yawn.
    Salamence became drowsy!

I go here to avoid the EQ and he yawns, i have no status absorber and he has to use a nub move like Yawn >.< So imma have to use this guy as sleep fodder.
    ---
    Spr_4d_373.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

Salamence used Outrage.
    Salamence went on a rampage!
    Hippowdon lost 39% of its health.
    Hippowdon used Stealth Rock.
    Salamence fell asleep!

I Outrage since he doesnt pack ice fang and he sets up SR.
    ---
    Spr_4d_373.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

Salamence is fast asleep!
    Hippowdon used Slack Off.
    Hippowdon restored 50% of its health.

I know he will slack off here so i stay in and waste a turn of sleep.
    ---
    Spr_4d_373.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_248.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_045_f.png

---

sims796 switched in Vileplume.
    Dark118 switched in Tyranitar.
    Vileplume is buffetted by the sandstorm!
    Vileplume's Black Sludge restored a little health!

I switch out when he does which i predicted and he goes to plume and without sleep powder i know he cant touch tar sufficiently.
    ---
    Spr_4d_248.png
    Vs
    Spr_4d_045_f.png

---

Tyranitar used Crunch.
    Vileplume lost 77% of its health.
    Vileplume used Substitute.
    But it failed!
    Vileplume is buffetted by the sandstorm!
    Vileplume's Black Sludge restored a little health!

I knew he wouldnt switch as he expected me to Aqua Tail which wrecks pretty much the rest of his team. So i crunch and cripple his plume.
    ---
    Spr_4d_248.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4p_448.png
    Vs
    Spr_4d_045_f.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4p_448.png

---

Dark118 switched in Lucario
    Pointed stones dug into Lucario.

convo said:
    sims796: funny that TTar gets full damage from SR...
    Dark118: predicshun
    sims796: and a good one at that

I made a good prediction here and knew he would go to Lucario for the 4X resistance to crunch and so i go to my lucario because im scarfed so he loses lol.
    ---
    Spr_4p_448.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_448.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

Hippowdon lost 30% of its health.

I close combat here just to get damage on Hippow, i figure if i can wear it down i can Aqua Tail it with tar.
    ---
    Spr_4p_448.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_373.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

Salamence's intimidate cut Hippowdon's attack!
    Hippowdon used Slack Off.
    Hippowdon restored 50% of its health.

I go here for the intimidate so tar can lol at eq, Mence proves to still be useful despite it being asleep.
    ---
    Spr_4d_373.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

Salamence is fast asleep!
    Hippowdon used Yawn.
    But it failed!

Convo said:
    sims796: so is my team solid against Outrage mence, or was that just a fluke?
    sims796: no sarcasm
    Dark118: well you really want ice fang on it

Mence weak 1/10 xp.

He yawns for some reason and i waste another turn of sleep.
    ---
    Spr_4d_373.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_248.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

Hippowdon used Yawn.
    Tyranitar became drowsy!

convo said:
    sims796: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait
    sims796: will i break slep clawz
    Dark118: is sleep caluse on
    Dark118: it better be
    sims796: lets find out
    Dark118: yep it is lol

Sleep Clause is already in effect, so why ? Anyways, tar comes in for free.
    ---
    Spr_4d_248.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

It's super effective!
    Hippowdon lost 59% of its health.
    Hippowdon used Earthquake.
    It's super effective!
    Tyranitar lost 44% of its health.

Tar takes that EQ really well and he gets nailed by Aqua Tail.
    ---
    Spr_4d_248.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_045_f.png

---

sims796 switched in Vileplume.
    Vileplume lost 26% of its health.
    sims796's Vileplume fainted.

He goes to this for a sacrifice and so plume goes away (Like it has done recently, aka dissapeared off the tier list lolol =x)

Code:
       3-2 (Me)

Dark_Azelf : - [s]Celebi[/s], Tyranitar, [s]Rotom-H[/s], [s]Suicune[/s], Salamence, lucario

Sims : - Hippowdon, [s]Starmie[/s], [s]Leafeon[/s], Lucario, [s]Flygon[/s],[s]Vileplume[/s]

Field : - Sandstorm, Stealth Rock set up by him on my side.
    ---
    Spr_4d_248.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_373.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_448.png

---

sims796 switched in Lucario.
    Salamence's intimidate cut Lucario's attack!
    Dark118's Salamence fainted.
    Lucario is paralysed! It can't move!

convo said:
    sims796: that was close

I go here because even though Lucario takes like 90% from Aqua Tail, im not sure if i can guarantee a OHKO at this point and i NEED tar for Aqua Tail to beat Hippow. Mence is already crippled so i sacrifice it.

Code:
        2-2 

Dark_Azelf : - [s]Celebi[/s], Tyranitar, [s]Rotom-H[/s], [s]Suicune[/s], [s]Salamence[/s], lucario

Sims : - Hippowdon, [s]Starmie[/s], [s]Leafeon[/s], Lucario, [s]Flygon[/s],[s]Vileplume[/s]

---
    Spr_4p_448.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_448.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

Lucario used Stone Edge.
    Hippowdon lost 9% of its health.

convo said:
    sims796: I gotta get used to using Starmie
    This was a misclick on my part totally, i meant to close combat ughh. Dark, please dont play pokemon so late lol. It was like 3am XD
    ---
    Spr_4p_448.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4d_248.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

Hippowdon used Yawn.
    Tyranitar became drowsy!

convo said:
    sims796: something tells me if i used trick sooner...
    ...you would of lost sooner ?

lol Anyways, I go here and get Yawned (He predicted i would sacrifice my Lucario so i could get a free switch into tar, but i dont keke), due to my miss play i have lost or have i ? >=]
    ---
    Spr_4d_248.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png
    arrow.gif
    Spr_4p_448.png

---

Tyranitar used Pursuit.
    Hippowdon lost 41% of its health.
    sims796 switched in Lucario.
    Tyranitar fell asleep!

convo said:
    sims796: excellent move

Here my impulse kicks in, this move and prediction saved the match up for me.

I know he wont stay in, why should he or he will die from aqua tail and then my luke will finish his luke? He will just switch and go to his Lucario for death fodder whilst i fall asleep from the Yawn and then wall me and finish off both my sleeping tar and lucario off with Hippow and slack off.

Wait, did i just say Hippow will switch ? EKEKEKE >=]. He is already weak from the earlier Aqua Tail so I will punish his switch with a Pursuit, because i figured if i could get his hippow below 25-30% i could somehow despite all odds and ass moves that went on earlier win because my Lucario could then close combat his and my way to victory.

Hippowdon is THE best physcial wall in OU, so that damage that tar did was VERY good. So all goes as planned here.
    ---
    Spr_4d_248.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_448.png

---

Lucario used Extremespeed.
    Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.
    Dark118's Tyranitar fainted.

Sacrificed my tar for the greater good, so my Lucario can then finish off his 2 remaining pokemon ^_^.(You can see how VITAL that Pursuit was because im at such low health even Extremspeed finished me off)

Code:
         2-1 (Sims)

Dark_Azelf : - [s]Celebi[/s], [s]Tyranitar[/s], [s]Rotom-H[/s], [s]Suicune[/s], [s]Salamence[/s], lucario

---
    Spr_4p_448.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_448.png

---

It's super effective!
    Lucario lost 185% of its health.
    sims796's Lucario fainted.

One down and one to go, close combat drills it.

Code:
          1-1 

Dark_Azelf : - [s]Celebi[/s], [s]Tyranitar[/s], [s]Rotom-H[/s], [s]Suicune[/s], [s]Salamence[/s], lucario

Sims : - Hippowdon, [s]Starmie[/s], [s]Leafeon[/s], [s]Lucario[/s], [s]Flygon[/s], [s]Vileplume[/s]

---
    Spr_4p_448.png
    Vs
    Spr_4p_450_f.png

---

Hippowdon lost 34% of its health.
    sims796's Hippowdon fainted.
    Dark118 wins!

Code:
          1-0 (Me)

Sims : - [s]Hippowdon[/s], [s]Starmie[/s], [s]Leafeon[/s], [s]Lucario[/s], [s]Flygon[/s],[s]Vileplume[/s]

convo said:
    Dark118: gg lol
    sims796: that was en excellent match
    Dark118: log ?
    sims796: you do it
    sims796: i suck at logs

And so his Hippow faints, it has like 11% health after the Pursuit anyways and thats the match.

Final Result : Dark_Azelf : 1 Sims 0

Props

o Pursuit for being one of the best moves in the game.
    o Tyranitar for being awesome.
    o Celebi for crippling key members of his team.
    o Sims for the match.
    o A few key predictions by me.
    o Mence for intimidate.

Slops

o Me for playing really badly for the most part.
    o Me for not getting Stealth Rock up.
    o Plume lol
    o Anti just because XP

Sims Team (In order of appearance)

Spoiler:

Wow, did i seriously just pull that off? I played really poorly apart from 2 key points (The Hippow Pursuit and the Lucario prediction). I felt it was a good match as far as epicness goes, but a poor match as far as my play was concerned. I hope to have another match when i am on my A game.

Good Game sims ^_^

I know im not a log format genius, try to ignore that x[.

Last edited:
    Back