• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Falling Stars

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
Years
  • PLEASE REMEMBER!: This is a heavy WIP. I will be working on it much further if it sparks enough interest. If you have any suggestions or questions, please PM me!

The Legend of Falling Stars

The story begins...

We begin our story on route 118 in the Hoenn region, outside of Mauville City. Deep inside the woods, where the humans do not tread, there is a small village. A small population of about fifty pokémon live here. There's a small farm, everyone has a comfy home, and life is fine. Even the Eon duo, Latios and Latias, come to make sure no humans have tampered with the village. Life was fine.

Or maybe it wasn't.

At first it was unnoticeable. Every night before sleeping, you would look up at the stars. It was everyone's way to relax; humans and pokémon enjoyed it alike. However, the night kept getting darker and darker. The moon that was once full became new. Only this time, it never came back. The brightest stars in the sky twinkled out one by one. Even the daytime sunlight wasn't as bright. Clouds swirled in circles with no wind. You asked your neighbors to spy on the humans to see if they could find more information in the city. Soon after, a linoone came back with the news that Mossdeep Space Center "Has it under control." You hardly believe that.

You then request that the village call on Latios or Latias. Surely powerful pokémon such as them would know and have everything under control? Everyone agreed.

They never came, and weren't spotted once. They were... gone?

Increasing panic and worry spread around. The village master, Vaporeon, tried to reduce the panic. "The Eon Duo may just be busy helping out other pokémon, that's all!" She reminded, "There is no report of anything threatening locally."

The word locally has everyone concerned. Could it be happening in other regions? Is Hoenn the only one having this issue? You want to go outside the village and investigate further, but Vaporeon has the village under lockdown. She keeps reminding "The legendaries must be taking care of this."

Must be? There's no confirmation on that! They could be in trouble! Your adventurous heart glows brighter and brighter. Your love of new sights and danger burns like fire! You can't just sit around and let this happen! You've got to do something!

But... what are the chances someone feels the same? You can't go out there alone? What do you do? People will think you're crazy. It's time to gather your courage and investigate in the hopes someone feels the same!

The thoughts of the village chattered about. Is it time to discover a new age of heros, or will the future unfold without one? The tale is yet to be told!

Characters

What kind of characters will I need? We'll need the majors roles and the smaller roles to guide us along this journey!

General rules:
    No "fakemon." Pick an actual pokemon confirmed in the games.
    They DO NOT Have to be native to Hoenn. Just because the setting is in Hoenn, doesn't mean you can't be an Alolan Pokemon!

Okay now that I've stated that, here we go.

Major Roles:
    The adventure team!:
    This will be a team of 3-5 kids. They are the protagonists and will be in most of the story. ONLY THINK ABOUT JOINING THIS ROLE IF YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN AND WILL STAY IN THE RP!

They must be:
    A basic pokemon. No evolutions, legendaries/mythicals, Ultra Beasts, or otherwise OP pokemon.
    Young. No 80 year old treekcos. We need a few youngster pokemon ready for adventure!

MINOR ROLES
    You're probably thinking "Minor roles? What are those?" Let me explain.
    This will allow people who do not want to create a character for the RP to join. It's for people who want to jump into the action! The roles have a very basic description, so there is a lot of wiggle room! Be who you think would fit the role. If sign ups come along, I will ask you to write IC to see how well you do with your selected role.

Vaporeon:
    The village leader. Strong and kind, this pokemon is not afraid to stand up for what's right. She has an iron will and will protect the villagers at ALL costs.

Sawsbuck:
    The teacher at the village's school. he's strict, but understanding. He runs the entire school by himself! Pretty impressive if I say so!

Archen:
    The guard of route 118 and the surrounding areas. He's not the brightest, but he does his job well. While he cannot fly, his wings can glide him to any place in an instant!

Gyarados:
    In times of emergency, Gyarados is able to jump into the sky to get a view of the area. While he tries to be nice to the villagers, he comes off as hostlie. He works with Archen to protect the entire route and more.

How the RP will function

MOVESETS
    Spoiler:

DAMAGE
    Spoiler:

MINOR ROLES
    Spoiler:

THE GAMEMASTER
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • any suggestions or questions, please PM me!

lol, The point of an interest thread is so you have one cohesive place for questions and suggestions. People should respond here! :)

The tale is yet to be told!

Let me start by saying that I find this RP absolutely adorable. Its pluckiness reminds me of a roleplay I had a blast with years ago called Saving Celebi, and I think you have a pretty solid set-up; the way you alluded to bigger mysteries, such as the Eon duo suddenly having vanished and how nobody is sure of the scope of these weather-based anomalies, it draws me in to actually make an SU and follow through. I'm super curious about the village-leader Vaporeon ... she obviously knows more than everyone else, and that's definitely someone I'd want to interrogate with my character if I were to join.

That being said, I'm gonna piggyback off of gimmepie and ask how exactly your RP is going to operate. Is it going to stay on route 118 and we're trying to escape into the outside world to investigate? Are we traveling around Hoenn, or just up towards Fortree City? Is this meant to be a big affair or a smaller, more organic sort of roleplay? It's hard to gauge with what you have so far what exactly the players are going to be doing.

Major Roles

Quick question, by putting Latios and Latias in this section, do you mean to say that we can choose to be them?

Minor Roles

This is an incredibly intriguing concept, I've had similar ones before. So, there are pre-made characters that you're going to make up to appear at certain times, and people can choose to be them? I'm curious about how exactly you're going to handle this.

sorry for the terrible CSS, it's my first time ever using it

Don't be sorry for your work! If you need any help, or would like for me to make some swanky CSS for you (which I'd totally do, cause I like making it), let me know! I'm more than happy to assist.​

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    First off, lemme say your CSS looks pretty good considering it's your first time. I remember when I first scrambled around my BB codes and I could barely build a functional text box. C:

which is why i just steal from kiyo for most of my css

Now, regarding the RP itself. I'll keep in mind that this is a WIP, so I'll try not to stress you out for any details you have yet to really iron out. Like Kiyo, I am very curious about the Minor Roles you're allowing, since that encourages those who may not be able to fully commit to still participate and enable them to offer some contributions to the narrative. I really want to know how you'll be handling that and how much leeway you're giving to these roles, since I feel like this could easily descend into chaos if overlooked. On the other hand, it would be pretty fruitless if the Minor Roles are just limited to just doing one action accompanied by a line or two, especially for the sake of just plot convenience.

Also, I also want to know more about the humans for this RP and influence they will have on the story. They clearly exist, as it was mentioned in the OP and it wasn't explicitly mentioned that they've gone extinct or mysteriously vanished. I feel like it's wasted potential for a RP that revolves around Pokemon to never make any allusions to humans. I'm not perfectly sure what kind of story you'll go for from the current set-up (I get some major PMD vibes tbh), but it'd be really cool if humans played a more prominent role just to add this dynamic of exploring the discrepancies between how the humans of Hoenn function within their society and how alien they seem from the perspective of feral Pokemon. Maybe add some ambiguity and hint at humans being the cause for this unexplained disaster?

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
    Years
  • So, the concept seems interesting. How will the RP itself actually function though?

I will try and flesh this out as I finish writing the story. While I am requesting help on this from friends, I want to make the GM the narrator and be characters too minor to have a player use them. I hope to very loosely lead the players through the story. Letting the players in the RP have room to influence events as they please, but still go through the main bits of a loose story.

Let me start by saying that I find this RP absolutely adorable. Its pluckiness reminds me of a roleplay I had a blast with years ago called Saving Celebi, and I think you have a pretty solid set-up; the way you alluded to bigger mysteries, such as the Eon duo suddenly having vanished and how nobody is sure of the scope of these weather-based anomalies, it draws me in to actually make an SU and follow through. I'm super curious about the village-leader Vaporeon ... she obviously knows more than everyone else, and that's definitely someone I'd want to interrogate with my character if I were to join.

That being said, I'm gonna piggyback off of gimmepie and ask how exactly your RP is going to operate. Is it going to stay on route 118 and we're trying to escape into the outside world to investigate? Are we traveling around Hoenn, or just up towards Fortree City? Is this meant to be a big affair or a smaller, more organic sort of roleplay? It's hard to gauge with what you have so far what exactly the players are going to be doing.

Quick question, by putting Latios and Latias in this section, do you mean to say that we can choose to be them?

This is an incredibly intriguing concept, I've had similar ones before. So, there are pre-made characters that you're going to make up to appear at certain times, and people can choose to be them? I'm curious about how exactly you're going to handle this.

Don't be sorry for your work! If you need any help, or would like for me to make some swanky CSS for you (which I'd totally do, cause I like making it), let me know! I'm more than happy to assist.​

I think I may have given too much information too soon tbh. I haven't organized it all to it's fullest yet ^^;
    I was hoping it would sound cute! I was hoping for a cute PMD style, the team of kids going to save the world, just taking place with humans as well.

I'm going to say the players can travel around the entire world, but only if they do it all together. (EX The whole team has to be in one region, there can't be 2 in Hoenn, 1 in Kanto, and 2 in Sinnoh)

I'm rethinking the whole "major roles" thing. However, if people are interested in being minor roles that aren't truly dedicated to this RP, they can pick one or two roles that suit them, and be that character.

No idea how to do CSS, so some help might be nice if this takes off enough >.>

First off, lemme say your CSS looks pretty good considering it's your first time. I remember when I first scrambled around my BB codes and I could barely build a functional text box. C:

which is why i just steal from kiyo for most of my css

Now, regarding the RP itself. I'll keep in mind that this is a WIP, so I'll try not to stress you out for any details you have yet to really iron out. Like Kiyo, I am very curious about the Minor Roles you're allowing, since that encourages those who may not be able to fully commit to still participate and enable them to offer some contributions to the narrative. I really want to know how you'll be handling that and how much leeway you're giving to these roles, since I feel like this could easily descend into chaos if overlooked. On the other hand, it would be pretty fruitless if the Minor Roles are just limited to just doing one action accompanied by a line or two, especially for the sake of just plot convenience.

Also, I also want to know more about the humans for this RP and influence they will have on the story. They clearly exist, as it was mentioned in the OP and it wasn't explicitly mentioned that they've gone extinct or mysteriously vanished. I feel like it's wasted potential for a RP that revolves around Pokemon to never make any allusions to humans. I'm not perfectly sure what kind of story you'll go for from the current set-up (I get some major PMD vibes tbh), but it'd be really cool if humans played a more prominent role just to add this dynamic of exploring the discrepancies between how the humans of Hoenn function within their society and how alien they seem from the perspective of feral Pokemon. Maybe add some ambiguity and hint at humans being the cause for this unexplained disaster?

Really? I couldn't even figure out how to color the boxes for 1 hour, and I still can't do it good xD

I will give a looooot of wiggle room for those roles. I won't tell somebody "You can't be like that, it's not in your role!" I will give a few adjectives on them, and if they can act slightly like that I say go for it. I've done this in the past and it seemed to go smoothly.

I didn't flesh out the humans enough in the OP, I'm sorry. 11PM does weird things to your brain :c
    The humans still exist. They'e wandering around and such, but the pokemon village is hidden because they don't want to be captured. Staying out of sight of the humans will be an obstacle!

Sorry for the rushed reply! Hopefully that clears things up a little bit! ^^;

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • The humans still exist. They'e wandering around and such, but the pokemon village is hidden because they don't want to be captured. Staying out of sight of the humans will be an obstacle!
    Yeah, this makes sense to me. I can very easily picture a group of Wild Pokemon who have banded together and created a small village of their own where they stay out of humankind's way, simply because they wish to remain Wild.

Kiyo said:
    The way I'm reading it, one of the Major Roles are the protagonists that we players create, and another of the major roles are Latios and Latias, who are NPCs. Confirm/deny?

TequitoClown said:
    Young. No 80 year old treekcos. We need a few youngster pokemon ready for adventure!
    I admit that I feel unsatisfied that Tequito is only allowing in young characters. I find it a waste of potential diversity in the cast when that's the case, and there are a surprising amount of roleplays that only allow young characters to join. For example, I have a lot of fun when I get to use my elderly Xatu character who is much older than anyone else in the party: she provides a much different perspective on life and situations than the younger cast members do. However, if Tequito is certain that only children are suitable for the adventure she has in mind, I'll concede this point.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    So, I think this looks good, and the premise is really compelling. I always love the imagery of the nightsky darkening. My advice would be to compact the narrative at the top into an introduction, and structure the information a bit better. In the OP of an RP, you're free to talk a lot from an out of character perspective. I personally always like to structure my OPs with a small narrative at the start, then describe the setting and the goal of the roleplay afterwards. From there on I move to rulesets, mechanics (in this case moves etc.)

The concept of minor roles is something I really like. I'm not sure if this is the way to go about it, but I like the idea of other people coming in and just 'guest star' in an RP. I've offered it to other people in RPs I'm running.

For an RP, especially one based on a game, I'd always make the consideration of randomness versus narrative. They both have some real fun merits. Game mechanics and alike add surprise to a game and add that fluid randomness you don't get from regular writing. A narrative roleplay allows the players to aim their development a bit more, and can sometimes lead to more satisfying narrative conclusions.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • the team of kids going to save the world

Parroting off Glowy, I think having a range of ages to choose from sounds more interesting. But then again, branching out and playing a kid might be fun, but I feel if we're all kids then it gets kinda ... repetitive, or off-track, as kids are. Or it will dissuade some people from joining.

I'm going to say the players can travel around the entire world

The whole world sounds too much. It might be more feasible if you keep it strictly to Hoenn, or certain sections of that region.

some help might be nice if this takes off

Don't be shy, hit me up if it does! I'd love to help. :)​

Back