• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Female Starters

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
  • My first ever pokémon was a female chimchar. Also, my Fennekin was female too.

Forgot to mention that my current nuzlocke's starter, the Treecko, was also female.

Years
  • The only one I actually noticed recently was a female Snivy in White, I think the Pokemon quite suits that gender so was happy to have the rarer female varient for my playthrough!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • My Chespin from my first playthrough of X and a Charmander from one of my LeafGreen playthoughs were female. The Shiny Squirtle I SR'd post-game in HGSS was female as well.

Last edited:

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • It's legit been at least a decade but I am pretty sure that my very first starter, my Pikachu in Yellow was female (via Stadium).

I also got a few females while soft resetting for a shiny Rowlet in Moon and presumably while soft resetting for a shiny Bulbasaur in Fire Red (the latter was a handful of years ago).

I remember quite well that my best friend had a female Typhlosion in Gold.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I actually have a huge track record with getting Female Starters.... about 4/6 of my starters since Gen 5 have been female and I haven't manipulated it in any way.

Years
  • Someone transferred me a Charizard from Pokemon Blue to Pokemon Gold (via Time Capsule) and it turned out to be female. That's the closest I've been from having a female starter.

Back