• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coincidences

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Have you ever had any crazy coincidences in your life?

Here's my biggest one...A year or so back, while my mom and stepdad were on a vacation (I wasn't with them, I was staying with my dad), they hit a deer in their car - don't worry, they were fine! But anyway, it happened during the night, and I got the news when I woke up in the morning. After the shock wore off, it occurred to me that yesterday - the very day before the crash - I'd been at the bookstore, and I flipped through a book where the backstory involved the protagonist having lost both her parents...when their car hit a deer.
That's spooky enough, but when I reunited with mom + stepdad and was talking with them about the crash, they just casually told me, without me having said anything about the coincidence with the book at any point, that

the night before the crash, they had been watching a movie in their hotel room where the climax involved a car crash with a deer.

WHAT????

Even weirder, the story doesn't end there. At a later date, I was staying with my dad again while they went on yet another vacation. (Long story short, it's more convenient for us to schedule these trips at the same time.) We happened to visit the same bookstore near his house, and I flipped through the same book - that's a pretty weird detail, I know, and one I probably wouldn't buy in a horror movie; but the way my brain is wired, I just get the urge to do the same thing when I visit the same places. Anyway, I flipped through the book, and midway through I remembered it was the book that had heralded the deer incident last year. I was like, "ooh, maybe I shouldn't have picked this up, LOL" and forgot about it.
...Later that night, my mom texted and said that they had to drive through terrible thunderstorms to get to their hotel. I mean, I don't think there was anything about storms in the book, but still! Creepy.

(Smaller one - I mentioned this in another thread, but last night as I was laying in bed I thought about which Pokemon I'd most want to make giant-sized. Literally I wake up and there's the direct announcing Dynamaxing. ?!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
My mom died on my one year anniversary with my now-husband.

And, coincidentally, today is that anniversary.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
That's terrible, I'm so sorry.
Ah, thank you, dear! Don't worry though, all is well. It was just too much of a coincidence that I should find your thread today! I couldn't not say something, aha. ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
running into a pc member when i went to gamestop but didn't say hi and realizing when i got back home that yes it indeed was actually them

Cid

Years
Crazy coincidence, hmm

I don't actually know. I feel like I'm forgetting a really fun story. I have met a few people in places where I did not expect to see them at all.

Oh, recently, I met a brand new acquaintance during vacation who came from the same home municipality as a completely different new friend I met three days ago. They were both Canadian. We were in the Philippines. I guess that counts?

Years
Turns out, before PC, I used to be in the same bowling league as Nica (Ho-oh) and had visited the pharmacy she worked at several times. We used to live like ten minutes away from each other or something and only found out several years later after she moved interstate.

Last edited:

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
I was on a forum a long time ago and met a person and hit it off with them and as it turns out they were best friends with my best internet friend's girlfriend (and he didn't know who they were).

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
so in 11th grade, my friend went to prom with this new guy that all the girls were swooning over. cool whatever no biggie. i mean he was a friend i would say though, we had some classes together and got along. we're also a week apart w our birthdays. i'm a week older. so like two years later, that guy texts me. idk how he got my number cause i never gave it to him, but he got it from my dad. turns out my dad and his mom are dating lmfaoooo. they're still together too which is so wild. and that makes the birthday thing even wilder too.

Back