• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Game Informer reveals no Exp. Share or HMs

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I love all this news!

I'm gonna toggle the Heck out of autosave when getting through a trainer heavy map, verses getting through a gym or trying to catch a legendary.

No HMs are fine with me, because I much rather teach a move if it can be deleted later, I was always torn over giving a Pokemon a move that I could never get rid of anyway.

Sure, like, Surf and Fly are super important, but I'm also someone who really only gives those moves to one Pokemon per party. So if I wanna switch the mons that have it, that'll be Nice. 👌

AND I REALLY HOPE that all 18 gyms will be in both games, because that's A LOT OF CONTENT, and that is very nice. Especially considering how nice the graphics and world building seem to be for SWSH, it will be really fun to have more of a main story to play through, so you can't beat the whole thing in two days. :>

Years
  • i feel like auto-exp share being a thing is something that was bound to happen eventually. i'll be honest here, i think Game Freak was being massively generous by allowing the exp. share as a toggeable option at all in previous generations, considering that every member of your party receiving exp has been a thing in most JRPGs if im correct for... how long, now? so really, i don't mind it at all.

no HMs is fine by me, keep that crap away pls, it's a stain on pokemon gaming and it limits teambuilding to constantly dedicate one pokemon as an "hm slave".

overall good on Game Freak for these two so far. gotta give credit where credit is due.

Back