• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokkén Tournament Reveals Empoleon as a New Character

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • So any reason why they went with Empoleon instead of Piplup, who is more popular because of Dawn? Looks like Empoleon's the last Pokémon to fill in the slot, so no Gen VII rep unfortunately.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • sinnoh remakes confirmed

I was half expecting this with the imminent announcement. Glad they've finally revealed Empoleon as a fighter!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Still no word on when we're getting these for the Wii U though?

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    So any reason why they went with Empoleon instead of Piplup, who is more popular because of Dawn? Looks like Empoleon's the last Pokémon to fill in the slot, so no Gen VII rep unfortunately.

Piplup probably wouldn't have fit the character type they wanted to include, or would have been far more difficult to design moves and animations for.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Still no word on when we're getting these for the Wii U though?

I don't think it will either. I have a feeling it's one of the many games being ported to the Switch. Then we'll get the characters, and probably a few other choices like a Gen 7 rep.

Back