• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to see Ash's Pikachu evolve?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Absolutely not. Ash's Pikachu should never evolve. I honestly think he should stay a Pikachu forever because he's the face of the anime. I'm completely fine with his Pikachu staying one forever. If I'm being honest, it's hard to even imagine Ash with a Raichu? It's why I'm glad Goh evolved his Pikachu instead.

Years
  • I would say no. Pikachu is the face of the franchise. Everyone knows who Pikachu is and when we talk about Pokemon, he's the first one that comes to anyone's mind in the world. But it would be interesting if Ash had a dream and Pikachu evolved. Doing this for 3 or 5 episodes, like it was real, without us knowing. I would love to see the audience's reaction.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't think it would be wise for Pikachu to evolve. While Pikachu isn't the mascot it used to be and people just don't like Pikachu as much as once before, I think it would hurt Ash more than anything because he is so used to Pikachu being small. So no, I would rather they cancel pokemon and start a new series before evolving Pikachu.

I will say that I do wish that they would give Pikachu the Light Ball. Making it a held item or necklace similar to Krookodile, Squirtle and Pacham's glasses or Buneary's coat. I think if they wanted Pikachu to grow, this would be the way to do it. Though it is interesting that they showed Pikachu's backstory at the start of Journeys.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Ash's pikachu is always iconic partner pokemon he always have, it doesn't feel right if a raichu just hop on ash's shoulder. I feel if it needs further growth it should wear something to keep him more locked on

Years
  • I remember the episode when Pikachu ended up holding an electric evolution stone and it started evolving. It stopped midway with the explanation that it did not want to evolve.

If they respect Canon, the only way for pikachu to evolve is if he decides he wants to.

Not like Nintendo or whoever owns pokemon respects anything or anyone but I thought I'd share this tid bit of info.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    Nope, Pikachu is one of the core protagonists of the show, making it a Raichu would diminish its defining personality.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Only if it was some sort of flash forward to a possible future - fully-grown Ash and a Pikachu who decided he's proved everything he had to (pretty sure he Volt Tackle'd God at one point after all) and wants to be an old, fat Raichu - like when The Simpsons did that one with President Lisa.

Years
    • Seen today
    It doesn't need to evolve. We evolve Pokémon so they become stronger and perform better in battles, Ash can win battles with the magic of script and the power of love so evolving or not makes no difference. His Pikachu may defeat a super strong legendary, or might lose against a weak wild Pokémon that barely had any battles, it's all decided by what the script needs, the writers don't care much about whether it makes sense or not.

Back