• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon ideas

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
Years
  • You know the Pokémon company is missing out on a few animals they could use for designs on new pokemon.

Dolphin: why haven't they made a dolphin Pokémon yet.

Clownfish: if they can make a clownfish Pokémon that would be nice.

Heron: a Pokémon version of a heron would be great as well.

There are lots of other animals that the Pokémon company should use for designs. Like the portugese
    man o war and a grouper pokemon.

If you have any new ideas for new Pokémon designs

Put them here in this thread.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I think Tentacruel was supposed to be based on the man o' war, and Lanturn seems to be a fusion between a dolphin and anglerfish.

What I most want right now is a Pokémon based on the Rosy Maple Moth. I mean, it already looks like a real-life Pokémon! Here's a Fakemon I made based on one to keep me happy in the meantime:

db7y428-d85063a8-a2ce-43f1-abf4-81232999b727.jpg

I'd also like to see an Ice-type snow leopard (preferably as a non-Legendary), a Maine Coon that evolves into a Norwegian Forest cat, a blue-tailed skink, a hummingbird moth (or any other hawk moth) that is part bird and part moth, and fossil Pokémon based on ancient plants (such as a serpentine Pokémon inspired by "scale trees" since people often mistake them for snake/reptile fossils). I'd also love to see a "poodle moth" as a Bug-type Eeveelution.

Others: Pink fairy armadillo, blue dragon sea slug, yellow garden spider, an ichneumon wasp that evolves into a pelecinid wasp, an ambush bug that evolves into an assassin bug, a mole cricket that is part cricket and part mole, stick and slug caterpillars... that's all I've got for now!

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • A very nice topic, i think we need those based pokemon:

Cave bear
    Eohippus
    Cerberus
    Skeleton dog-cat (ghost type eeveelution?)
    Father frost for a male snorunt evolution via dawn stone

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Wouldn't a Cerberus be a three headed houndooms?

And what the heck is a eohippus

1.Yeah, an evolution of Houndoom would be nice, you have seen it's art too?
    2.An ancient small horse with 4 "fingers", google it

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    I would love a minotaur Pokémon, especially for a new Pseudo-Legendary, since Dragon Pseudo-Legends seem to be getting worse in terms of offensive pressure, barring Hydreigon and Kommo-o now that the latter has it's own Z-Move.

As mentioned multiple times in the past, the ideal type combo for this potentially badass Pokémon would be Fighting/Fairy. It might be weak to a lot of types, but it would also be strong against a lot of types, too.

It would be a great mixed attacker with passable speed and alright bulk. I'd imagine it to be the ancient ancestor of Tauros and Machamp, having just as broad of a movepool as the former and the amount of martial arts as the latter.

Some ideal Abilities would be Intimidate, Iron Fist and Sheer Force.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Nope, you could say that for Magmar/Electabuzz/Rhydon before generation 3 but in generation 4 look at them being evolved

Since Mega Evolution is called "the Evolution that transcends Evolution," it's implied that Pokémon that Mega Evolve (including Houndoom) are already at their highest Evolutionary Stage. We may get a baby for the line, maybe even an alternate evolution of Houndour, but that's probably all. Not basing Mega Houndoom on Cerberus was truly a missed opportunity. (Then again, they may be saving Cerberus for use as a Legendary in a Greece-based region.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd love a Pokémon based off of a tardigrade.

Make it Ghost/Normal typing and have its ability be a new one giving it an immunity to Dark typing for good measure; that way it has 4 immunities and no weaknesses. Or even just give it Wonder Guard so the only thing that could get it would be the Dark typing and add some Shuckle level defences to make it a pain to try and kill. The Pokémon world needs a tardigrade.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I will say this EVERY time a new generation comes up, but can we have a Poison/Steel Pokémon, please? Since Meltan didn't become that.

It doesn't have to specifically be a Mercury Pokémon, it could be a Steel Pokémon that excretes mercuy/any metal that can cause poisoning. Just god, GIVE ME A STEEL/POISON POKEMON!

….Oh, and a Corsola evolution. Tbh, I think it needs one, since it now has a predator Pokémon that hunt them: Mareanie. It could evolve into a Water/Steel type to be able to fight back against Mareanie. Some evolutions in Pokémon are based off of natural selection, after all. It could evolve into a coral reef tank with steel horns. That'd definitely help them against their predators.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    ….Oh, and a Corsola evolution. Tbh, I think it needs one, since it now has a predator Pokémon that hunt them: Mareanie. It could evolve into a Water/Steel type to be able to fight back against Mareanie. Some evolutions in Pokémon are based off of natural selection, after all. It could evolve into a coral reef tank with steel horns. That'd definitely help them against their predators.

When it comes to a Corsola evolution, I envision it being a Water/Ground-type. I'd imagine numerous cracks forming around the roots of it's branches, but if the cracks press together with it's body, they would act as tectonic plates.

But considering Japan's history with earthquakes, your idea sounds awesome. Armor makes everything badass, even the cutest beings can look fearsome if the armor is just right.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Corsola should have gotten an Alolan form to fight Mareanie. Like Poison/Steel or Steel/Water. to fight off Mareanie. A Qwilfish mega or regional form could be poison steel like a naval mine look alike.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Since Mega Evolution is called "the Evolution that transcends Evolution," it's implied that Pokémon that Mega Evolve (including Houndoom) are already at their highest Evolutionary Stage. We may get a baby for the line, maybe even an alternate evolution of Houndour, but that's probably all. Not basing Mega Houndoom on Cerberus was truly a missed opportunity. (Then again, they may be saving Cerberus for use as a Legendary in a Greece-based region.)

Ow cr*p baskets

But still maybe we will get another cerberus pokemon that isn't houndoom?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Houndoom doesnt need 3 heads to be cool

Hydriegon Is also kinda a cerberus, more of a hydra but close enough

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • can I please just have a fossil that's based on a Dromaeosaurus (or any other dinosaur in that family, Deinonychus for example) now that we have Tyrantrum Rex

I just want a fast rock pokemon that hasn't died to being ash-serviced glares at dusk lycanroc and one with INFILTRATOR for pete's sake, these claws should go through anything they want

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Elaborating more on the stick caterpillars I mentioned, I think it would be cool to get one with a branched evolution line. Not only would it be punny, but many stick (geometer) caterpillar species are difficult to differentiate without observing them mature into adults and there are even some geometer moths that could be linked to Pokémon Types, like the Snowy Geometer (Ice) and Emerald Moths (Rock).

However, I feel that, if we ever got a stick caterpillar Pokémon, it would probably evolve into a single leaf-mimicking butterfly/moth just to keep with the camouflage theme.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Naked mole rat of Normal/Ground typing. The sheer ingenuity of it is just... mind-boggling.

A certain Disney show wouldn't have inspired that would it? Damnit, now you make me want to watch an Episode of it just for the mole rat. As for me, in all honesty there's not much I'd want that they haven't already added. Only thing that comes to mind would be Dolphins but we have enough Water Type Pokémon as it is. Could go for more Ice Types though but as for what I have no idea.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    What about an orca pokemon? Those can be ice type. They do handle arctic waters pretty well.

Back