• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: How do I add more pokemon to Pokemon Emerald?

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Neither of those links seem to go directly to a tutorial on how to add more pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    *Sigh* No new posts, only one from when Who came around...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Thanks, but I noticed a problem a little bit ago. Adding new pokemon would require me to gather all sorts of sprites and information, then somehow add it into the game hoping that YAPE and Advance Starter will even notice the new pokemon. So in conclusion this would be a large journey, leaving me to hope that I can find a Rombase that isin't a failure with redacted download links so I can get some more pokes.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Just so you know, from what I understand, even using a rombase you will need to edit the .ini files of editing software to have the new pokes show up in those wares. Some bases come with those .ini files too.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    You could make the .ini files yourself, changing where they point to in a rom and the values they use to determine how many pokes and moves etc to display. But it is simpler if you find a rom base with inis supplied for you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Alright, I think I found a Rombase, though it doesn't come with the inits. I'm gonna go mess around, despite the fact that I don't have a scent of what I'm doing.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    This may not sound very fun at all, but if you look inside the ini files for the tools, you can maybe work out how to edit them to work with your new rombase.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    This process sucks hashbrowns. There's no ini file on my tools (As if I really wanted to go through that anyway) and all the good Rombases are for fire red, which is not the rom I am hacking. Can I port them to Emerald somehow? I want this game to end up with the popularity of Pokemon Glazed, but everytime I get to move another step, everything just gets harder and harder.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll just let this stay here and open since it's gotten this many posts already, but in the future you'll really want to make these sorts of threads in the appropriate parts of our Fan Games section. Feedback & Support is not for questions and stuff regarding ROM Hacks and Game Dev, but rather for the PokeCommunity itself.

Back