• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Thoughts on Hisuian Forms

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Now that the game as been out for almost two weeks and by now every new form is known, I have a few questions that I thought might open up so discussion.

Out of the Hisuian Forms, which are some of your favorites?

For me, Braviary is still my favorite. It is my second most loved pokemon and one that I have been hoping for for a long time.
    While I didn't like Goodra at first, Sliggoo has become one of my favorite pokemon to use.
    Lilligant made me actually finally like it after shunning it for so long.

Which typing do you wish was something else?

Sneasel and Sneasiler just don't make much sense to be a Poison/Fighting type. I feel like if it is a climbing pokemon that is used to climb mountains, it should be Rock or Ground typing. I just don't like it being poison, especially when we already have Crogunk and Toxicroak from the same region that is the same typing. Plus we don't have a Ground/Fighting or Rock/Fighting type yet.

I also wish Braviary had been something other than Psychic. It seems very random. Unova didn't even need any more psychic types, so I am not sure what the concept behind making Braviary a psychic type was. I feel like they just randomly chose a type from a hat and slapped it on Braviary who should have been Fighting/Flying from the start. Given that it is in a cold environment, I'd think it would have been Ice/Flying.

What pokemon do you feel like should have gotten a form in Hisui? What pokemon would you like to see get a new form if we were to get DLC? Would you like to have an evolution?

I was extremly surprised to find out that Donphan was left out. Donphan is another favorite pokemon of mine and I am just surprised it isn't in Hisui. Especially given the fact that people would have brought it over a long time ago when they formed Sinjoh. I don't know about Phanpy, but I feel like Donphan should have become a Steel/Ground or something. I have also always wanted it to get an evolution ever since Mamoswine came out. I have always kinda made Swinub and Phanpy lines counterparts.

Gligar was shafted as well. Being counterparts with Sneasel, I feel like it also should gave gotten a new typing and evolution. It would be day based, but I am not sure what its new typing would be. Maybe Fairy/Poison.

I am glad that they went more away from Kanto Pokemon this time around though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Out of the Hisuian Forms, which are some of your favorites?

I haven't got them yet lol, but I am quite a big fan of Decidueye, Zorua and Zoroark and Basculegion. I also like a lot Hisuian Lilligant, Sneasel and Sneasler, Braviary and Wyrdeer. About the others, it's not like they're bad but idk they just didn't get me. At first I was disgusted by the new Legendaries' forms and idk how, but they're growing on me. Maybe it's the fact I have to adjust to a new "pokemon style", idk. I m still very vague about these pokemon because I haven't caught em yet, but I m looking forward to.

I think the Legendaries' Origin forms. I mean, I am really ok with these two pokemon typing because Diamond is related to steel, Pearl is related to water. However, these origin forms seem to be less related to steel and water. Palkia legit looks like a fighting type for example and Dialga like a Ghost type. Typing combinations wouldn't be great maybe, but idk I think it would have helped in updating Dialga's and Palkia's identities. As for other pokemon, I m actually pretty k with their typing. I m not playing seriously the game yet, so idk how balanced these typing combinations are, but I m actually ok with most of them.

What pokemon do you feel like should have gotten a form in Hisui? What pokemon would you like to see get a new form if we were to get DLC? Would you like to have an evolution?

Arceus, please. Idk how this game story talks about Arceus and don't spoiler me plz lol, but I think that the N 1 thing to be expected from this game was the new Arceus form. I m kinda sad they opted for newer forms for Dialga and Palkia, rather than Arceus. I am sure some things about plates and Arceus will be answered in this game, but I still think we should at least know more of the Arceus Origin form. Even if they just talked about that, without meeting the true form. Just to have a proper frame of the Creation lore. As for other pokemon, i don't really have favorites tbh, but I think good candidates are pokemon that still miss evolution, like Shuckle, Dunsparce, Kecleon, Chatot. I wouldn't mind seeing other Hisuian forms for pokemon like Girafarig who is kinda forgotten, despite I like it and Lumineon, which is one of my favorite pokemon. Even tho they should already be in the dex, so the only option for them would be another evolution. Tbh I m fine with the actual Hisuian forms/evolutions tho.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yeah I agree with Dialga and Palkia. I never understood why they were Water and Steel. It always felt like an out of place typing for them. Especially Palkia who has nothing to do with water. Dialga I can believe a bit more, but I think Palkia should have been something else. Probably Fairy if I am honest, but Fairy didn't exist back then.

There Origin forms are also kinda random. I feel like they didn't plan to include Origin Forms, but when they saw people talking about them because of the Orbs, they decided to make them and just threw something together. I also agree that Arceus needs a new form. Even if it ends up being like Ultra Necrozma and changes during battle or Mega Rayquaza when he uses Delta Wind. Give him a Judgement Form, so though he seems like the 'god' that it is supposed to be.

_________
    Yeah, I think many were expecting Dunsparce to get something, but once again didn't. Maybe we will get a new evolution or something in time. Shuckle would have also been an amazing pokemon to get some love, but it is a really unique pokemon, so I guess they don't want to change it right now.

Years
  • Yeah I agree with Dialga and Palkia. I never understood why they were Water and Steel. It always felt like an out of place typing for them. Especially Palkia who has nothing to do with water. Dialga I can believe a bit more, but I think Palkia should have been something else. Probably Fairy if I am honest, but Fairy didn't exist back then.

There Origin forms are also kinda random. I feel like they didn't plan to include Origin Forms, but when they saw people talking about them because of the Orbs, they decided to make them and just threw something together. I also agree that Arceus needs a new form. Even if it ends up being like Ultra Necrozma and changes during battle or Mega Rayquaza when he uses Delta Wind. Give him a Judgement Form, so though he seems like the 'god' that it is supposed to be.

_________
    Yeah, I think many were expecting Dunsparce to get something, but once again didn't. Maybe we will get a new evolution or something in time. Shuckle would have also been an amazing pokemon to get some love, but it is a really unique pokemon, so I guess they don't want to change it right now.

I mean I was talking about Origin Dialga and Palkia forms. It makes sense Palkia is connected to water because of the pearl it has, maybe its wings too. But the Origin form, it's closer to fighting type imo.
    I would prefer an Eternamax kind of battle with Arceus. A not-obtainable Arceus would be a great solution imo. I wish for that tbh.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I mean I was talking about Origin Dialga and Palkia forms. It makes sense Palkia is connected to water because of the pearl it has, maybe its wings too. But the Origin form, it's closer to fighting type imo.
    I would prefer an Eternamax kind of battle with Arceus. A not-obtainable Arceus would be a great solution imo. I wish for that tbh.

Sorry, I meant to add a possible reasoning for that but I completely forgot. Since Giritina didn't have a typing change, they may have wanted to keep it in the same ball park. Especially since the orbs increase the attack power of their original typing and probably didn't want to change the effect.

Years
  • Honestly, overall, I'm very mixed on them - some are pretty great (Zorua line) and some are so meh that I'm not sure I'll ever like them much. Sneasler is one that I only slightly warmed up to but will probably never actually like much because it's just an odd level of humanoid to me. Lilligant too, its lower half is just too much like a person's and it creeps me out a bit.

I've gotten used to the typings though. For the most part. Even ones that seemed odd at first, like Sneasler.

Echoing wanting Dunsparce to get a regional form or a decent evolution! That would have been so cool. But hey at least other underrated ones like Qwilfish got something?? Would have been cool to see a little something for the Psyduck line also imo.

Years
  • The Hisuian forms were certainly interesting, although I feel like a few of them were missed opportunities. If a Pokemon's going to get an alternate form, I'd like it to be drastically different to the original - looking at you, Sligoo and Goodra.

Sneasel's new typing/design is far more like it. Totally different types, new access to moves.
    With that said, it's confusing to me that they gave Sneasel a new form and new evolution - Weavile is already a Pokémon that was native to Sinnoh, so it's a weird choice to me.

I've done a 180 on the starters. I had a sense of "Game Freak has missed the point on each of these Pokémon" - but now, having used them, it's fun. Their new designs are actually cool when they're in action.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Out of the Hisuian Forms, which are some of your favorites?

Man, who doesn't love Hisuian Zorua? I love that thing to death, and it's wrestling with Duskull for the position of my favorite Ghost-type evolutionary line. I love Zoroark's eldritch energy as well. Hisuian Growlithe and Voltorb are so lovable too. Lilligant is one of my favorite from a gameplay perspective, because its stat spread is so drastically different from Unovan Lilligant (and because Victory Dance is disgustingly broken). I wasn't a fan of Hisuian Goodra when it was leaked, but I love it! (Most of these new Pokémon look better in motion.)

I really don't get why they decided to make Decidueye worse. Not only is it slower, it has a worse defensive typing, which it already shares with Hisuian Lilligant. Maybe making it just a plain Grass/Flying-type would've been better for it (as well as not making its Speed stat 60).

Sneasel and Sneasler just don't make much sense to be a Poison/Fighting type.

Honestly, considering that they live in the coldest reaches of Hisui, I'm not sure why exactly they aren't even Ice-types (an Ice/Poison-type sounds really cool, and a properly executed Ice/Fighting-type sounds at least promising).

What Pokémon do you feel like should have gotten a form in Hisui? What Pokémon would you like to see get a new form or an evolution if we got DLC?

When Hisuian Zorua and Zoroark were teased, I was unironically hoping that the reporter was describing a Hisuian Chimecho, and considering just how bland Chimecho is, I think a Hisuian form, and maybe an evolution, is in order. I was hoping Kricketune and Chatot would get some love as well, but we can't all be Ursaring, I suppose.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Oh my, the only one I don't really like is Avalugg, it looks so small to me if they aren't Alphas, their shiny form doesn't appeal to me neither, I much prefers the modern ones. The rest were so good, and I am neutral to Hisuian Voltorbs and Electrodes, I mean, their new typing is good, and the designs are logical, but I never liked this Pokémon as a whole. Ursalunas made me love the line because I just detest Ursarings since generation 2 (And still do but Ursalunas are so uwu).

As for Sneasels mentioned above, I would probably think they end up converting to Johtonian Sneasels and phase out of Hisuian ones, dying out as we modernised, because of the snowy-weather they were in, forcing them to turn Ice type instead, probably the reasoning behind why they weren't Ice type in the past. Having Johtonian Sneasels around probably meant we were experiencing an takeover-evolution of them during that era, it can't be such coincidental that ALL the Pokémon only changed after we died / In between Hisui-event and current era-events right?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Oh my, the only one I don't really like is Avalugg, it looks so small to me if they aren't Alphas, their shiny form doesn't appeal to me neither, I much prefers the modern ones. The rest were so good, and I am neutral to Hisuian Voltorbs and Electrodes, I mean, their new typing is good, and the designs are logical, but I never liked this Pokémon as a whole. Ursalunas made me love the line because I just detest Ursarings since generation 2 (And still do but Ursalunas are so uwu).

Yeah. While I didn't mind Ursaring. While I like bear pokemon, I never used Ursaring. I hated Ursaluna when it was first leaked. It was very stiff and just didn't look right, but in game, it looks 100% better and made me want to try them out. Sadly I think I already have my final team, so maybe if I play in the future. I also agree with Voltorb line. I never really cared about them, but I do like the typing. But I will be honest, having more Kanto special forms kinda dampened my love for Kanto getting forms.

I haven't really looked at Avalugg other than certain points in the game. But I think I like it. I do wish it had been something else... I don't know why it was Rock to begin with. I am very bias toward Ice Pokemon, since they are my favorite type, so I don't really have a fair opinion on it.

Back