• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you have a favorite move?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • title

all the showdown battling i've been doing lately has made me love Toxic. does that make me a bad person? hidden power is pretty fun too

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I always considered Baton Pass to be my favorite combat move. It's my favorite because it's the only move in pokemon that lets you pass off stat changes to other team members. This move has single handedly created some of the most interesting battling strategies I have ever seen in the game. This move also allows us to play with a whole bunch of pokemon that would otherwise be completely useless, if it wasn't for Baton Pass being able to pass off insane stat changes to those pokemon.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • METRONOME!! It may not be the best move to use, but it's certainly the most fun. :) In SoulSilver, I actually made it a personal challenge to level-grind my Togetic using only Metronome, and I used it quite a bit in regular battles as well; I kept a log on my computer's notepad program listing all the moves he called forth. One of my fondest Pokememories...

Runners-up include:
    *Assist - the same random fun of Metronome, but a bit more reliable - it's so cute seeing my other Pokemon lending their techniques to my little Skitty. :3
    *Super Fang - halving the opponent's HP regardless of level or stats can be pretty OP, at least in-game, and I'm pretty sure Lars the Watchog used it against every boss in Black 2.
    *Ghost-Type Curse - a signature technique of my favorite Type, and another staple of my Black 2 run.
    *Beat Up - the dark and brutal power of friendship! `*~*\(^w^)/*~*`It's actually moderately strong, too, once you get 6 Pokemon.
    *Skill Swap - I hardly ever end up using this move, but whenever my Pokemon tries to learn it I'm like, "!!!! Yes!! I want Skill Swap!!!!" I'm not sure why...Also, it does some interesting things to the game mechanics.
    *Ice Beam - I love the Ice-Type, and this move is its most iconic, one of its most reliably powerful, and just plain the iciest!

And, a bonus - my favorite Z-moves!
    *Breakneck Blitz - no reason other than I used it a whole lot in Moon
    *Subzero Slammer - ICE <3 Doesn't this move have the best name, too? I feel like I could blow out a cloud of breath just reading it!
    *Oceanic Operetta - I'm so looking forward to using this in Ultra Moon - that animation is seriously one of the best in the game
    *Catastropika - Ridiculous in the best way - you just straight-up hurl your Pikachu in the air! (I'm still kinda secretly hoping it'll show up in the anime...)
    *Let's Snuggle Forever - no explanation needed.

...I really like moves. <3

Last edited:

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • Basically, all the moves in the P90-95/A100 category.
    Strong moves that pretty much guarantee it will hit.

And Metronome. Sheerly because of the unpredictablilty of it. I'd love to have a Metronome Battle one day.

Years
    • Seen today
    Dragon Dance. It only takes one use to guarantee a win

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • <p>
    METRONOME!! It may not be the best move to use, but it's certainly the most fun. :) In SoulSilver, I actually made it a personal challenge to level-grind my Togetic using only Metronome, and I used it quite a bit in regular battles as well; I kept a log on my computer's notepad program listing all the moves he called forth. One of my fondest Pokememories...
    this is a super cute idea omg <3</p><p>i had a metronome battle with my friend yesterday maybe i should start writing them down too :D</p>

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2021
    title

all the showdown battling i've been doing lately has made me love Toxic. does that make me a bad person? hidden power is pretty fun too

Surf, it is so satisfying drowning the opposing Pokémon

Two of my favorites too. Water types are my favorite and you can't beat Surf. Toxic and I'll add Protect as well are two moves that everyone could always learn, so when I was younger I always took it for granted. Ended up beating Red for the first time with an Umbreon that learned Toxic and Protect. Made me really happy.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • METRONOME!! It may not be the best move to use, but it's certainly the most fun. :) In SoulSilver, I actually made it a personal challenge to level-grind my Togetic using only Metronome,

Using Assist while level grinding a Delcatty is fun and takes away some of the monotony of having to grind

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Foul Play - I have it on my competitive Shiny Mandibuzz Amanda. Mandibuzz' attack is not great but Foul Play uses the opponents attack stat. Watching something use Swords Dance then faint to Foul Play is great fun and my Mandibuzz has even OHKOed a fearsome Mega Metagross with Foul Play.

Back