• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K Help/Discussion/Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Hey, I found the link for the message patch.
Go to gamingw.net forums and go to the RM2K
section.

invader_kim

Moogle
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2013
Hey umm i am looking for some pokemon chipsets and charsets(I WANT A SQUIRTLE!) and some sailor moon charsets beacause i am merging sm with pokemon pleasee help me kupopo!

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Go to the site with Kindred Saga and gamingw.net
to download pkmn charas.
(Ask Darkmage, or look for it in google)
For chipsets I just looked around this forum, and
some other sites. I have about 20 right now.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
Hi! its me again. I'm wondering if anyone could help me on my battle system thingy. Well i'm using the default battle system but i manage to make it look like the official without the names and hp bars and all that but its alright for me for now. Well the problem i want to figure out rite now is whenever i have more pokemon on my party...they all shows up. so im wondering if anyone can tell me how i could choose a pokemon i want to battle and only that pokemon showing to battle with the wild pokemon. Also one thing i need to figure out is when uve reached the limit on your party... how can i create a pokemon pc thingy? well if anyone can help i would really appreciate it :). Thank you very much :).

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, I know how I can get all those things done,
but the problem is that the coding will take too long.
And most people that use RM2K are not so fond
of long boring coding.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
Daegon_Kimeron said:
Well, I know how I can get all those things done,
but the problem is that the coding will take too long.
And most people that use RM2K are not so fond
of long boring coding.

Well if you have any example can you sendme please? it would be great :). Once I can release a demo and finish the game, I'll give you credits on it :). my email is [email protected] :) Thanxz

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Sorry, but I don't have an example.
But one thing I'll tell you is that you'll need
alot of fork conditions. Or if you know programming
language (Ruby) then you can wait for RPG Maker XP.

MartynL

Game Programmer!
Years
im making a game and i need
1. Enter hero name patch and tutorial for it.
2. How to choose gender tutorial.
3. How to make a pokemon battling system tutorial.
4. A pokemon title screen.
5. Finally how to put my fonts into a folder so they work.

All help will be greatly thanked!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Yakapuka> Start by making some variables: First Position, Second Position, and so on. Those will represent each pokemon's position in your party. Next step, we need to put pokemon into those variables. In your Hero Database, check the numbers for each hero. 0001 is who you play as and the others (0002, 0003, etch) are your pokemon. My database looks like this:
0001: Hiro
0002: Rival
0003 Bulbasaur
etc.
When you are adding pokemon to your party, have an event like as follows:
<>Message:Which position would you like to put this pokemon?
<>Show Choice: [1st],[2nd],[3rd],[4th]
:[1st] Handler:
Conditional Branch: Var:[Position 1] is, 0 > this just checks to see if this spot is open
Sucessfully placed!
:Else >If the spot is not vacant, do the following:
Show choice > You get the idea. Then just have a yes/no choice.
Now for the good stuff:
<>VAriable Oper: [Position 1]Set,X
X is equal to your party number. If you are setting your playable character to position one, it would read:
<>Variable Oper: [Position 1]Set,1
You would do the same for Position 2, 3, and four. Just do that when a Pokemon is captured and you'll be all set.
Now you have all your Pokemon assigned to variables. This makes things SOO much easier.

When it comes time to isolating just the first Pokemon, just create a Battle Event (database) that says the following:
<>Change Party Members: V[Position 2] Remove
<>Change Party Members: V[Position 3] Remove
<>Change Party Members: V[Position 4] Remove

That way you are left only with Position 1! When you want your other Pokemon back, just do
<>Change Party Members: V[Position 4] Add
etc.
Just make sure you don't set your Position Variables back to 0. Then you can't recover them.

If you want more help, just contact me again.

MartynL

Game Programmer!
Years
i take it that was the battling system but do u have any help with enter hero name?

your cool :cool:

MartynL

Game Programmer!
Years
DarkMage31 can u give me an easy to follow tutorial of how to do the enter hero name and where bouts is change hero walk grahpic on the event thing.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
For enter hero name, all you need to do is install the patch correctly and then choose in your event "Enter Hero Name," select the hero you want to name, and click OK. The End.

As for changing your hero's sprite, all you need to do is in your event choose the command, "Change Hero Walk GFX," choose the hero you want to set, and then choose the new graphic. This can be combined with the command "Show Choice" that enables the player to make a decision in the game (Yes/No, True/False) with up to four choices. In field 1 you can enter "Male" and in the second field "Female." In the handler for each decision put the graphic change command. That way when they select "Male" the sprite of the character is male, and when they click "Female" they play as a female character. Capiche?

Here's sample code for the intro:
<>Message: Hello, I'm Oak and welcome to the world of Pokemon!
<>Message: Erm, what was your name again?
<>Enter Hero Name: [Choose initial name in database [F8])
<>What gender are you?
<>Show Choice: Male/Female
:[Male]Case
<>Change Hero's Walk Graphic : [Inital Name]->[file of new sprite]-1 Set
<>
:[Female]Case
<>Change Hero's Walk Graphic: [Initial Name]->[file of new female sprite]-1 Set
<>
:END Case
<>

That's it! Of course that's the basics and it can get more complecated. Just make sure you have the charaset (sprite) for Male and Female. Here's a start:
http://gamingw.net/file/resource/makers/rm2k/character/pokemontrainers.png

Just let me know if you don't understand something!

MartynL

Game Programmer!
Years
Does anyone know where to find a alphabet chipset. Because i need it to make a enter hero name screen

MartynL

Game Programmer!
Years
Does anyone have both faces of the hero's out of pokemon ruby/sapphire. Male and female?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back