• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Those of you who liked the game and want to see more, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Pokemon Emerald (Gen III)

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • A Digimon hack of Pokemon Gold (Gen II)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Quit hacking forever because you didn't include my boy Apollomon

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I have a minor issue. The evolution sheet isnt working for me. The whole microsoft excel thing is preventing me from seeing the evolution information. Could you possibly post the evolution chart here or make a seperate download for the evolutions that doesnt involve excel?

Gonna look ugly but here it is:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Is the pc bugged ? Or even usable ? Like can i deposit mons ? Cause i tried to catch while my party is full and it says the box is full. Thank you in advance

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Is the pc bugged ? Or even usable ? Like can i deposit mons ? Cause i tried to catch while my party is full and it says the box is full. Thank you in advance

Whoa, that's weird. Sounds like a problem with your emulator.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2024
    I love this hack.
    Only criticism would be the small Pokedex.
    I think a Digimon hack would benefit from an extended Pokedex because of the longer evo-lines.
    Too many lines in the game just end abruptly in champion form and it just kinda sucks.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I love this hack.
    Only criticism would be the small Pokedex.
    I think a Digimon hack would benefit from an extended Pokedex because of the longer evo-lines.
    Too many lines in the game just end abruptly in champion form and it just kinda sucks.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm working on Digimon Emerald (tentative title) now and I've completed an additional 70 Digimon, bumping up the total to 320. Having every line end in either an Ultimate or a Mega would certainly be ideal. No promises but it's a goal I'm working towards. :)

Here's a small preview of my recent spritework to tide you over. ;)

8U6Lm9P.png

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2022
    Welcome to the Digital World!

Say goodbye to every mon you know! Introducing...

732bzq9.png

Are you tired of the same old batch of starters?

The same Legendaries and Pseudos fought and caught again and again and again?

The same archetypes you know like the back of your Pokewatch?

Say hello to a whole slew of new monsters to fight and catch! No Pokemon here, I'm talking about DIGIMON - DIGITAL MONSTERS!

FEATURES
    250 new monsters with unique stats, abilities, Typing, and movepools built from the ground-up!

H1DjP89.png
    0PdOyjF.png

GRAiRur.png
    VEt5Yag.png

dcyQNY2.png
    u8yLhEJ.png

BZIQJPj.png
    8d5abwM.png

NO MORE FILLER MONS!
    Every single Digimon is viable! Don't be afraid to build a team out of your favourite Digimon!
    utEmCHs.png

(This is a "GarboMon" run. All the above Digimon have Base Stats lower than 500. And yet the game is still beatable without grinding.)

Five stages for prominent Digimon!
    iFe11k5.png
    zsUru9c.png

Unique attacks from the Digimon canon with unique animations (courtesy of ortz3's excellent Animation Editor)!

My-Video92778a32c6f861b9.gif
    GV5a6A7.gif
    My-Video9.gif
    My-Video13.gif
    My-Video17.gif

Full Unique Attack Showcase:
    Spoiler:

"Digidex" (Pokedex) descriptions list requirements for evolution, so you never need to feel out of the loop!
    bsWpu4i.png
    S7LZzJY.png

EV/IV Checker, Gen IV Abilities and Moves, Fairy Type, Physical-Special Split, Poison Survival, BW Repel System, Reusable TMs, forgettable HM moves, etc.
    U3IylvP.png
    2k4yVwx.png

5Mr3COj.png
    NvXmgFs.png

kL1SKSz.png
    01V23Cl.png

6h1AcVJ.png

Minor dialogue tweaks
    SL3wzMz.png
    RjvkSZV.png

Ice Buff
    (Ice now resists Grass and Ground)

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Full DigiDex:
    Spoiler:

Known Glitches:
    Spoiler:

Download:
    The ONLY official download of this hack! If you simply Google "Digimon Nova Red" you'll see outdated versions on third-party websites! Here is the only place to get the most up to date release!

CHANGE LOG
    Spoiler:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    The game runs on VBA for Desktop and MyBoy and JohnGBA for mobile. I haven't tested it with other emulators but these three seem to be the most popular GBA emulators.

ADVICE
    Spoiler:

FAQ
    Spoiler:

Constructive feedback and play testers welcome! Thanks!

I love this rom 🥰

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2024
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm working on Digimon Emerald (tentative title) now and I've completed an additional 70 Digimon, bumping up the total to 320. Having every line end in either an Ultimate or a Mega would certainly be ideal. No promises but it's a goal I'm working towards. :)

Here's a small preview of my recent spritework to tide you over. ;)

8U6Lm9P.png

If you do the Gulfmon line I will love you forever

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    If you do the Gulfmon line I will love you forever

I was going to make Devidramon evolve into Gulfmon but... man, that massive centaur body is just not going to fit. Sadly there's no good Mephistomon sprite either. But I'm open to suggestions for what Devidramon's next form should be. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    How do you feel about map alterations? Like, if you wanted to make File Island?

Also, loving the Minervamon sprite!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    How do you feel about map alterations? Like, if you wanted to make File Island?

Also, loving the Minervamon sprite!

Interesting idea, but not for me. I'm not a game designer, so I doubt my level design could be as good as Nintendo's.
    I only intend on doing a Pokemon-Digimon "swap-out," not designing a whole new game. Not very ambitious I know, but it is what it is. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Another idea hit me: Divergent evolutions. Perhaps akin to some of the Digimon games wherein there's a smaller number of early sets, but you can obtain stones or disks to enable differing evolutions moving forward.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Another idea hit me: Divergent evolutions. Perhaps akin to some of the Digimon games wherein there's a smaller number of early sets, but you can obtain stones or disks to enable differing evolutions moving forward.

The game has had that since Version 1 lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Fair enough, I guess an example of my idea is more in order. Tokomon can evolve into Patamon, this is standard. Tokomon can also become Kokatorimon. Biyomon is also able to become Kokatorimon.

Now I'm not at all aware of how the data structure of evolution lines operates in Pokemon's 3rd gen, but I think it'd be neat to have Digimon's interwoven evolution lines in game.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Fair enough, I guess an example of my idea is more in order. Tokomon can evolve into Patamon, this is standard. Tokomon can also become Kokatorimon. Biyomon is also able to become Kokatorimon.

Now I'm not at all aware of how the data structure of evolution lines operates in Pokemon's 3rd gen, but I think it'd be neat to have Digimon's interwoven evolution lines in game.

Ah, I see what you mean. Interweaving evolutionary lines could work, but only if you standardized all growth rates. Otherwise the levels get all screwy.

It's an interesting idea. I'll keep it in mind. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2022
    Hello, i have a Question.
    Cab i get a Paildramon? And there Digitations?

Years
  • Eu não consigo achar um Download para celular que funcione ;-; alguém pode me ajudar?

Translation: I can't find a mobile download that works ;-; Can someone help me?

The download link is at the first post. After downloading the .zip file, remember to patch with the clean FireRed rom, 1.0 Squirrels, which you can download from somewhere else.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Eu não consigo achar um Download para celular que funcione ;-; alguém pode me ajudar?

You should download on your desktop/laptop so you can properly patch the file to create the rom. Then you can transfer the newly-patched rom to your phone either through email or cloud or whatever works best for you.

If you only have access to a mobile then... well, I guess you can find a pre-patched file off Google. Some unaffiliated websites have hosted my game on their sites. But I don't know if they'll be the most up-to-date version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2022
    Hi, just started playing it today and I'm loving the experience, it's my first time playing a hack rom and it's like playing my one of my favorite games as if it was the first time. Thank you sooooo much for making it.

Also, is there (or will be) some way to obtain Lucemon?

Back