• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Big Thread Of Postgame Wishes

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    What are you folks looking for in the postgame of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

Me, personally, I want more areas to visit, and of course, the elusive Battle Frontier.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    In addition to an actual training/grinding area, some more new areas would be nice. We did get the rest of Poni in Sun and Moon, but it wasn't really all that interesting.

Iria Animi

Innocent Trainer
    Years
  • I am already guessed that we will be seeing Pokemon World Tournament for sure! Also they might replace island challenge for gym battle.

I also think that they will tweak the difficulty as they might expect players to play Pokemon Sun&Moon already. Not to mention, PKM B/W2 was similar like this.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Battle Frontier please. Or another post-game island. The latter half of Poni island isn't really amounting to much without the Battle Tree.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I want to see a Battle Frontier, only with even more extensive areas than we've seen in previous Battle Frontiers. It would also be nice to see some better postgame grinding areas, as others have said, and perhaps some more new routes or islands with interesting postgame challenges.

Years
  • Just give me plenty of areas to explore post-game and something resembling the battle frontier and I'll be happy

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Gyms w/ rematches please. Idk, I guess I'd just like a large area and facility to explore once we're done with the maingame stuff. The Battle Zone from Platinum is the perfect example of what I'd like for postgame.

Kartanaheart

Origami King
    Years
  • More to do than just the battle tree..I want trainers I can refight and hopefully trials/gyms too, which all get progressively tougher the more you fight them. And more little sidequests?? My hunger to fight NPCs was not sated with the punishment dungeon that was the tree and the underwhelming arena that was the Battle Buffet last game..

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
    Years
  • For me, it's the battle frontier (of course), more of areas to explore, and a sweet ending (I hate it when they add a 'bitter' to that sweet word like they did in SM), like ORAS maybe? The Hoenn remakes could arguably said to have the best post game content if it wasn't for the absence of the battle frontier.

Years
  • Like Angie, I want some postgame areas with high-level wild Pokemon. It was so annoying having to rematch the Elite Four over and over again just to get my Pokemon up to Lv100, which like she said was a bad move on Game Freak's part, coupled with the return of 5th Gen EXP mechanics.

Years
  • Post-Game Discussion

35cipi0.jpg

Ruby and Sapphire's post-games were, in a word, lackluster. Then, Emerald was released, and Hoenn became the proud owner of the (in my opinion) best post-game in the franchise. The power sequels/remakes have on the quality of a region shouldn't be underestimated, and I feel post-game, as expressed by the Emerald example, is a huge point of emphasis.

How do you guys think post-game will change/improve with the new titles USUM? What would you like to see, and what kind of things do you not want to see?

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • If Gamefreak want to know what to put in their postgame they should look even as far back as Pokemon Platinum. THAT was a brilliant post-game filled with tones of content, and then they managed to overshadow that with HGSS and BW2 too!!

Obviously I wanna see the Battle Frontier or PWT, if not, some other kind of surprise Battle Facility filled with tones of new options and possibilities to explore, including a rental battle mode at least.
    If no PWT, I definitely want them to expand the Battle Tree. Give us more characters, even from Sun and Moon, throw Gladion and Faba in there, bring back more old favourites like Silver, Steven, Cheren, hell even villianous bosses like Maxie and Archie (I don't care if it doesn't make sense), let us battle Blue in the single battle mode too, and most of all no dang version exclusive trainers. Throw in new modes too, like PWT had, and give us a mode to just battle famous trainers.
    I'd love to be able to fight all the Trial captains post game, return to Lana/Kiawe/Mallow's houses and challenge them to a fight (or rematch). Give us more trainers who challenge you in the Pokemon League (oh, and give them 6 Pokemon), give some of them Megas as well and that applies to the E4 too.
    I like the idea some people have where after the post game, Gyms start to crop up, I would love to be able to battle 8 Gym Leaders in the post game, with a special reward if you beat them all (maybe this would unlock the Battle Frontier). If we do get Gym Leaders it would be neat if some of them happen to be Gym Leaders from other regions who moved.

All in all, while I don't expect most of this stuff to happen, Game Freak have never seemed to dissapoint when it comes to third versions, since they don't have to start everything from scratch again they have more time to give to vets and addicts like us who appreciate the goldmines of content many Pokemon games can give, this is why I'm really looking forward to USUM, I know I'm gonna have a blast going through an expanded and updated Alola region, especially since I did the first time around.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    Battle Frontier which I had sunk way too many hours in into. I also Would like PWT because I keep hearing it was good, but i haven't experienced it because of not playing B2W2

Years
  • As MegaKuriboh said, while I don't expect most of the wishes made in this thread to materialise, I will still enjoy the postgame in US/UM nonetheless because Game Freak usually fail to disappoint with remakes and enhanced versions.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Mega stones to be found and not brought with bp. Battle tree is too hard. It should be a bit easier and give out 3 bp in the first few matches. More legendaries such as xerneas and yveltal.

Back