• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] The Marvel Heroes in Disguise! (Marvel Fan Club)

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
anything marvel is bound to be good lmao. Anything have thoughts that marvel could be better because Disney bought it?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
anything marvel is bound to be good lmao. Anything have thoughts that marvel could be better because Disney bought it?
Idk if that'll change much? Maybe it gives opportunity for funky crossovers, but I'm not properly counting Marvel universe as part of the Disney world. Same with Star Wars.

wow disney owns a lot these days...

I'm reading the Ultimate Universe comics rn. Liking it so far, I heard it could be a good entry point to the comics world if I'm prepared for some stuff to be different from the normal comics universe... Like Iron Man being essentially a mutant? Not mutant mutant but like accidental mutant. Still not sure how much of that is proper canon tho. Bit confused. It'll probably become clear eventually, I guess.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Fan of Marvel, kind of casual, but not as casual as the average person but not enough to like deeply understand every character. Very fond of the Tobey Maguire Spider-man movies and he is my favorite cinematic iteration of Spidey. Watched most of the MCU films, some good like Iron Man, TWS, Civil War, Avengers 1 and IW, some below average, the best ones seem to be about Iron Man and Cap though. The only Marvel live action show I truly enjoyed was Daredevil, and enjoyable cartoons like Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Spectacular Spider-Man and 90's X-Men.

As for the comics, also quite very casual compared especially to some people I know that have read a lot of Marvel and are big fans. I remember reading some a while back but my memories definitely hazy. I read some silver age and bronze age stuff, like the Avengers, TASM, Daredevil, Captain America, FF. I think most of the Marvel stuff I've read are pre-2000s, I thought they were entertaining. The 90s stuff I heard was really bad. I liked Chris Claremont's X-Men stories. I also liked Matt Fraction's Hawkeye comics since I wanted to know the Hawkeye character better, he's an underrated guy. It also made me grow to like Kate Bishop too.

Never got into the Ultimate comics, but I also heard they had good stories in comparison to the main universe.

My favorite characters overall would probably be Spider-Man then Daredevil.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Fan of Marvel, kind of casual, but not as casual as the average person but not enough to like deeply understand every character. Very fond of the Tobey Maguire Spider-man movies and he is my favorite cinematic iteration of Spidey. Watched most of the MCU films, some good like Iron Man, TWS, Civil War, Avengers 1 and IW, some below average, the best ones seem to be about Iron Man and Cap though. The only Marvel live action show I truly enjoyed was Daredevil, and enjoyable cartoons like Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Spectacular Spider-Man and 90's X-Men.

As for the comics, also quite very casual compared especially to some people I know that have read a lot of Marvel and are big fans. I remember reading some a while back but my memories definitely hazy. I read some silver age and bronze age stuff, like the Avengers, TASM, Daredevil, Captain America, FF. I think most of the Marvel stuff I've read are pre-2000s, I thought they were entertaining. The 90s stuff I heard was really bad. I liked Chris Claremont's X-Men stories. I also liked Matt Fraction's Hawkeye comics since I wanted to know the Hawkeye character better, he's an underrated guy. It also made me grow to like Kate Bishop too.

Never got into the Ultimate comics, but I also heard they had good stories in comparison to the main universe.

My favorite characters overall would probably be Spider-Man then Daredevil.
The Ultimate universe doesn't have the same events as the main one, but while some main universe comics bored me when I tried to read them, Ultimate is thoroughly interesting so far. I've only read some Spider-Man, tiny bit Wolverine and Iron-Man and also some Daredevil and Elektra. But progressing!

Did anybody watch the awesome X-men cartoon where most characters were teenagers? I never finished it o: I got as far as the mansion getting blown up and stuff, it was really cool for being a cartoon imo. Also had some character relationships from the traditional comics that the famous cinema titles skipped, such as Mystique and Nightcrawler.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
The Ultimate universe doesn't have the same events as the main one, but while some main universe comics bored me when I tried to read them, Ultimate is thoroughly interesting so far. I've only read some Spider-Man, tiny bit Wolverine and Iron-Man and also some Daredevil and Elektra. But progressing!

Did anybody watch the awesome X-men cartoon where most characters were teenagers? I never finished it o: I got as far as the mansion getting blown up and stuff, it was really cool for being a cartoon imo. Also had some character relationships from the traditional comics that the famous cinema titles skipped, such as Mystique and Nightcrawler.

X-Men Evolution? Yeah that stuff was good, the characters were fleshed out more. Most X-men cartoons are surprisingly good.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm personally still waiting for the AvX reveal. That comic was so damn intense and every time I see an X-men or Avengers movie I feel like they're dropping mad hints to it.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
They probably have to build up the X-Men's role in the MCU before making a crossover. Unless Fox canon is accepted by Disney

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Logically I know that, but my heart still longs for that ridiculously extreme and intense moment where those two factions finally clashed.

I hope this isn't too spoiler-y but anyone who hasn't read Avengers vs. X-Men really should. It was one of the most monumental moments of Marvel comic's history.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Logically I know that, but my heart still longs for that ridiculously extreme and intense moment where those two factions finally clashed.

I hope this isn't too spoiler-y but anyone who hasn't read Avengers vs. X-Men really should. It was one of the most monumental moments of Marvel comic's history.
I'm getting there!! Give me a year or two...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
@Rika don't worry, it took Marvel about 50 years to get to that point so you've got time lol

Also anyone who likes the MCU should really read the comics, imo, if not just to enhance your movie viewing experience. Having read the comics (not all of them but most of the big ones - though I'm by no means up to date), there's a certain amount of predictive knowledge you can have. Plus the context it gives puts things into much better perspective. The first Avengers movie, for instance. If you read the first Avengers comic they better go into Loki's whole deal and why he attacked Stark tower.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
what is yalls favorite marvel movies? Mine has to be Iron Man (each one of them) and both of Guardians of the Galaxy

I was just watching iron man 1 and 3 last night, enjoyed it very much

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Spider-Man 2 (No need to explain)

Iron Man (Before DIsney takeover and the MCU craze, this movie stands on its own, Iron Man felt like a solid character with a good story arc)

Cap WS (Again a more serious MCU film with good characterization and action)

Avengers 1/IW (Set a good standard for cinematic superhero crossovers)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think the first Thor or Iron Man 3 are my favorites ^^

By the way, check this out! An animated Spider-Man movie where the universes collide, so we get to see Peter Parker, Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy all as spider heroes in the same movie :D

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Name: Hiddles Girl
Favorite Marvel Hero(s): Loki is my bae but... hero, huh? How about Spider Gwen, does she count? Because I absolutely LOVE Dove Cameron. <3

Anyway, I know this place is dead... but meh. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
SO I saw Into the Spiderverse yesterday! It was freakin' amazing. The visuals, I now understand all the praise I heard it getting. The soundtrack was also pretty cool, but definitely also the characters and the story. It was surprisingly deep and gruesome in some ways (not with gore or anything, but the ways people were killed were quite dramatic o: ).

I recommend anybody who's ever liked Spiderman to watch it! I think it introduces Miles Morales very well to the broader audience. Oh, but the downside is that it's a Sony movie lmao... So it's set in the same universe as the "original" Spiderman trilogy. And makes funny references to it lmao.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
SO I saw Into the Spiderverse yesterday! It was freakin' amazing. The visuals, I now understand all the praise I heard it getting. The soundtrack was also pretty cool, but definitely also the characters and the story. It was surprisingly deep and gruesome in some ways (not with gore or anything, but the ways people were killed were quite dramatic o: ).

I recommend anybody who's ever liked Spiderman to watch it! I think it introduces Miles Morales very well to the broader audience. Oh, but the downside is that it's a Sony movie lmao... So it's set in the same universe as the "original" Spiderman trilogy. And makes funny references to it lmao.

It's not confirmed that it takes place in the same universe as the Sam Raimi trilogy. The references I take it were just nods to the original films.

Last edited:
Back