• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cameos

pkmin3033

Most Pokemon titles have characters from past games returning as minor cameos - Looker, Cynthia, etc. Who would you like to see make a return in Sun and Moon, and what role (if any) would you like them to play in the game?

...obviously, I want to see Cynthia again, in "glorious" 3D, as a battleable character. She doesn't have to have a story role. Just her kickass piano theme and champion theme would be enough.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Cynthia is honeslty the only character I'd really like to see return, battling her in 3D with a refreshed theme would be awesome! She made a cameo in HGSS, BW and B2W2 so surely it's possible for her to return once again. Another character (although less likely) I'd like to see return is Zinnia, I think that we could have got a lot more from her had she made more of an appearance in ORAS.

Sirfetch’d

I'd like to see some Unova characters make a cameo, possibly Iris or Juniper, to make a cameo. I feel like Unova characters are somewhat forgotten as a whole so I think it'd be really cool!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I wanna say Red. Oh and Cynthia is awesome and she's a Pokemon icon.
    But I would like to see the professor Gary Oak :3 A girl can dream, right?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Ugh, can we say NO to Cynthia, aka. Champion Barbie? She's been in enough games. :rolleyes2:

To emphasize the Sun/Moon theme, I wouldn't mind seeing Erika (Vileplume/Bellossom), Whitney (Clefable), Karen (Umbreon), Tate & Liza (Solrock/Lunatone), Gardenia (Cherrim), Caitlin (Musharna), Clemont (Heliolisk), and Valerie (Fairy types), among others, all make appearances. Not only do they all have Pokémon with links to the Sun/Moon theme, but most of these characters (especially poor Karen) have gotten next-to-no screentime or development in the games to begin with.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Looker. After showing up out of nowhere in ORAS of ALL things hell I'm EXPECTING him to be in.

Maybe we'll see certain Sinnoh leaders as well, like Fantina (and could solve the mystery of where her home region is) and Gardenia.

I also hope to see Diantha too; as far as the games are concerned she can very well be the next Cynthia as far as cameos go.

Years
  • I'd like to see some Unova characters make a cameo, possibly Iris or Juniper, to make a cameo. I feel like Unova characters are somewhat forgotten as a whole so I think it'd be really cool!

I know most 5th Gen characters had significant development during the events of BW and B2W2, but I'd never say no to one of my Unova bbys making a cameo in the new game.

Years
  • Oak might make a cameo, if they're going for such an approach. Perhaps Red could be at the end. I doubt they'll be introducing too many characters who were left fairly plain in the games, but they might give brief cameos to, say, Steven or other such characters from OR/AS.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm pretty torn on gen 5 characters getting cameos. Like, they're my favorites by far, but I wouldn't want them to feel... ruined, I guess?

I mean, since they are the most developed and story-driven of the NPCs, you can't really just throw them anywhere without giving good reason. Why would Cheren be in [new region] when he's supposed to be working in his Gym? What kind of assignment did Juniper give to Bianca to make her leave Unova and go all the way out to [new region]? Maybe N could be justified by having it be just a stop in his journey of self-discovery and looking for the BW protagonist...

But it still needs to be a meaningful cameo. Like, Looker in X & Y was great because the Looker Episodes were the most developed storytelling in the entirety of gen 6. But the way they just threw him into ORAS was disgraceful, in all honesty. He's really the only non-gen 5 NPC who is particularly impactful narrative-wise, and they demoted him into a role that any nameless, generic NPC could have fulfilled. I was honestly very upset to see Looker portrayed in that fashion.

I would not want that happening to any of the gen 5 NPCs. Sure, I would love to see them again, as they are my favorites of the entire series, but I wouldn't want said cameo to reduce the character into a useless NPC. Part of the reason why gen 5 was so great was because they weren't generic, useless NPC's! They would need to be fairly meaningful, substantial cameos in order to prevent that.

Characters like Cynthia... while Cynthia is most certainly awesome, she didn't have a whole lot of growth/development as a character, nor a particularly complex backstory. She's just super cool. Which actually makes her a good candidate for a cameo because as long as she is a challenging opponent and is placed in a setting to enhance her demeanor, she'll be portrayed appropriately.

That being said, characters who I know I wouldn't mind cameos of in that regard would be Cynthia, Sycamore, Steven, Wally, Lance, Lorelei, even Blue, among others, in no particular order... and maybe even Diantha, to be honest. Assuming we don't get to visit Kalos in Sun & Moon's post-game, having Diantha make a cameo appearance could actually be beneficial to her character.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Looker seems to be appearing everywhere and as a member of the International Police he automatically has a valid reason to show up in any game anywhere, so definitely want to see him.

Additionally, I think Tate and Liza have a good chance to make a reappearance. Not only were they using Solrock and Lunatone, the sun and moon Pokémon, but next to their Gym is where Hoenn's space center is located and judging from the titles space will be playing a central role in the story of the new Pokémon games.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I'm pretty torn on gen 5 characters getting cameos. Like, they're my favorites by far, but I wouldn't want them to feel... ruined, I guess?

I mean, since they are the most developed and story-driven of the NPCs, you can't really just throw them anywhere without giving good reason. Why would Cheren be in [new region] when he's supposed to be working in his Gym? What kind of assignment did Juniper give to Bianca to make her leave Unova and go all the way out to [new region]? Maybe N could be justified by having it be just a stop in his journey of self-discovery and looking for the BW protagonist...

But it still needs to be a meaningful cameo. Like, Looker in X & Y was great because the Looker Episodes were the most developed storytelling in the entirety of gen 6. But the way they just threw him into ORAS was disgraceful, in all honesty. He's really the only non-gen 5 NPC who is particularly impactful narrative-wise, and they demoted him into a role that any nameless, generic NPC could have fulfilled. I was honestly very upset to see Looker portrayed in that fashion.

I would not want that happening to any of the gen 5 NPCs. Sure, I would love to see them again, as they are my favorites of the entire series, but I wouldn't want said cameo to reduce the character into a useless NPC. Part of the reason why gen 5 was so great was because they weren't generic, useless NPC's! They would need to be fairly meaningful, substantial cameos in order to prevent that.

Characters like Cynthia... while Cynthia is most certainly awesome, she didn't have a whole lot of growth/development as a character, nor a particularly complex backstory. She's just super cool. Which actually makes her a good candidate for a cameo because as long as she is a challenging opponent and is placed in a setting to enhance her demeanor, she'll be portrayed appropriately.

That being said, characters who I know I wouldn't mind cameos of in that regard would be Cynthia, Sycamore, Steven, Wally, Lance, Lorelei, even Blue, among others, in no particular order... and maybe even Diantha, to be honest. Assuming we don't get to visit Kalos in Sun & Moon's post-game, having Diantha make a cameo appearance could actually be beneficial to her character.

Cilan, Cress and Chili could make an appearance in the games now that you mention it. Like traveling chefs who wish to bring the nature of Triple Battling (I assume that method of battle is pretty commonplace by now).

I still hope for Diantha to make an appearance because by god she needs some more development in the games badly. And hopefully if she is battle-able she has a much better team, but I digress.

Sirfetch’d

I know most 5th Gen characters had significant development during the events of BW and B2W2, but I'd never say no to one of my Unova bbys making a cameo in the new game.

They did get a lot of development but I feel like so many other characters from old regions have had so much more such as Oak, Lance, Cynthia, Looker, etc that it'd be really nice to see someone such as Iris get a cameo. She was such a polarizing character who went from leader to champion over the course of gen 5.

Back