• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] "Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I looked online and it seems the rainbow rare is the Tapu Lele of the set, going for about 100 dollars.

I've pulled the rarest card in a set towards the beginning of the sets release multiple times starting back in XY but I think this is the first time I pulled the best card in the first pack.

At that price, I'm tempted to say sell it and wait for it to drop in value later, whether that's when a new set releases or if that's after Celestial Storm rotates out of standard, but I probably wouldn't even do that myself.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So I am slowly beginning my quest to collect every single Sylveon that's been printed so far. I'm starting from the top and working my way down! I've only just ordered them so they haven't arrived, but I'm just too excited not to post!

Spoiler:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So I am slowly beginning my quest to collect every single Sylveon that's been printed so far. I'm starting from the top and working my way down! I've only just ordered them so they haven't arrived, but I'm just too excited not to post!

Spoiler:

I know I love Vulpix but I apparently haven't gone the lengths you have with regards to Sylveon worship. You have a plushie of it I bet no? Nice cards though nonetheless.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I know I love Vulpix but I apparently haven't gone the lengths you have with regards to Sylveon worship. You have a plushie of it I bet no? Nice cards though nonetheless.

Hahaha, Sylveon plushes. That's cute. I have so many that i'd need to pull them down and count them all. I'd say approximately 8 of them? Give or take? And NYCC is coming up so you better believe my Fairy card collection and Sylveon plush count will undoubtedly increase significantly! >:)

Years
8 Sylveon plushes? Are there any duplicates or has Sylvy gotten that many unique plushes already (if it has, I've got some work to do for my Pokemon plush collection then!)?

Anyway, went to my favorite shop last night and picked up a bunch more full art supporter singles:

Spoiler:

They also were selling a custom made box from their single stock that came with 8 full art supporters and 100 singles inside: https://imgur.com/a/UhM1vAU

Pretty sure that was worth it since I didn't own most of the full art supporters and it came with several rares and promo singles that I did not have yet.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Not to derail this too far but I do have a couple duplicate Sylveon plushes. I can't resist a Banpresto even if it's a knock off, hehe. I also try to collect the biggest ones I can afford. This also isnt including my Sylveon slippers which I guess can count as plushes??? If you don't wear them, that is lol.

After the Sylveon cards arrive, I plan on finishing the rest of my promo collection up to the e-reader series.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Not to derail this too far but I do have a couple duplicate Sylveon plushes. I can't resist a Banpresto even if it's a knock off, hehe. I also try to collect the biggest ones I can afford. This also isnt including my Sylveon slippers which I guess can count as plushes??? If you don't wear them, that is lol.

After the Sylveon cards arrive, I plan on finishing the rest of my promo collection up to the e-reader series.

AtWGCFq.png

You might be a Fairy Type person in need of an intervention. Duplicates? Yeah... for Pokemon cards I can understand but for plushies and other items? SMH

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Admitting you have a problem is the first step. ;)

Just picked up a Dark Alakazam and a 1st edition Jungle Victreebel, which is pretty cool.

Still trying to finish Skyridge and Aquapolis but my god those cards are expensive. Glad I picked up that 149/147 Lugia when I did, aha.

Years
Picked up a bunch of stuff at a local game store today. Not the one I normally go to. This one's closer to home but is basically just a video game store with a small selection of Pokemon cards and doesn't host a league.

Celestial Storm ETB: https://imgur.com/a/3Zw2E5Y
Guardians Rising ETB: https://imgur.com/a/nwthBbR
M Beedrill EX Box: https://imgur.com/a/1NZljiF
Darkrai GX Box: https://imgur.com/a/BhTKCwz

Some pretty intense pack luck in these pulls. Pulled my 4th regular art Rayquaza GX, a full art Hala, Sylveon GX, Vikavolt GX, Raichu GX, Mewtwo GX, M Glalie EX, Talonflame BREAK, and secret rare full art Alakazam EX from what I think was 26 total packs.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
I recently got a Shining Legends Super Ho-Oh box. These are the cards I got from this box:

- Hyper Rare Ho-Oh GX promo card & Jumbo promo card
- Holographic Pikachu promo
- Shining Lugia promo
- Shining Celebi promo
- Shining Mew from a booster pack
- Shining Arceus from a booster pack
- Mewtwo GX from a booster pack

Really happy with this box! :-)

Years
I bought several packs of Pokemon Evolutions today from the Dollar Tree store and I got Blastoise EX and Slowbro EX. I notice that most Dollar Tree stores don't have Evolutions in stock anymore. Too bad...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Small haul from NYCC! Got a few things but these are the standouts:
Spoiler:

I'm so happy about the Sylveon RC21/RC32! I've been looking for that one in decent condition for a while but all of the online prices seemed too expensive. :D

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
Nice! The Sylveon ex has some great artwork. They definitely favor all the eeveelutions when it comes to illustration, and most of the time, playability as well.
Not sure if anyone is interested in vintage pack openings, but if you are, I ended up grabbing a few, a few weeks back.

Team Rockets 1st ed., fire red/leaf green, ex dragon, and two more ex packs I can't think off the top of my head
(Also, wanted to make sure I was posting this correctly. I think I did, however, haven't been here in a few years, and don't want to go upset any mods for posting plugs)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Nice! The Sylveon ex has some great artwork. They definitely favor all the eeveelutions when it comes to illustration, and most of the time, playability as well.
Not sure if anyone is interested in vintage pack openings, but if you are, I ended up grabbing a few, a few weeks back.

Team Rockets 1st ed., fire red/leaf green, ex dragon, and two more ex packs I can't think off the top of my head
(Also, wanted to make sure I was posting this correctly. I think I did, however, haven't been here in a few years, and don't want to go upset any mods for posting plugs)

Not quite there with the URL, but I've corrected it myself this time.

Basically, with your URL of https://youtu.be/x7BsUNgw4IU, you want to put everything after the last "/" in that shortened URL inside the [youtube][/youtube] tags.

So what you type for this video should look like: [youtube]x7BsUNgw4IU[/youtube]

Anyway onto my own get. This isn't cards themselves, but a pack of sleeves I imported from Japan. A set of Cynthia and Garchomp sleeves:

Spoiler:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Went to a Lost Thunder prerelease event yesterday, got two of the kits, which came with a total of 14 boosters.

So I got a Magcargo GX, Full art Genesect GX and Faba, wasn't really thrilled by either of them so I managed to trade em away for a load of fighting cards. Which I am VERY happy with =D
Spoiler:

Also managed to pull these, the Giratina Promos seem to be pretty popular, let's see if I can trade them for some fun cards~
Spoiler:

I also managed to get a Scizor and a Houndoom, and I must say they immediately skyrocketed to among my favorite cards ever. (sorry no picture) In all 18 years of me owning cards, I never had a Scizor before. Plus those two cards have like some of my most favorite art ever.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
(This is my first post please let me know if I've posted something wrong like wrong forum etc or broke rules etc)
I've noticed that people from U.K kind of got the short end of the stick with the Dragon Majesty Premium Release.
The U.S got Dragon Majesty super Premium collection Box whilst the U.K got Dragon Majesty Premium Powers collection box. We also got a collection box called Dragon Majesty: Legends of Unova GX Collection. DId people in the U.S or the rest of the world get the Unova collection box? would be interested in knowing.
Not sure if I can post me youtube link but if you wanna look what I got in the premium powers compared to Dragon Majesty super Premium collection Box. I would be interested if people would agree that the U.K got the short end of the stick. Can I post a Dragon Majesty super Premium collection Box reference video I'm not sure?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Went to a Lost Thunder prerelease event yesterday, got two of the kits, which came with a total of 14 boosters.

So I got a Magcargo GX, Full art Genesect GX and Faba, wasn't really thrilled by either of them so I managed to trade em away for a load of fighting cards. Which I am VERY happy with =D
Spoiler:

Also managed to pull these, the Giratina Promos seem to be pretty popular, let's see if I can trade them for some fun cards~
Spoiler:

I also managed to get a Scizor and a Houndoom, and I must say they immediately skyrocketed to among my favorite cards ever. (sorry no picture) In all 18 years of me owning cards, I never had a Scizor before. Plus those two cards have like some of my most favorite art ever.

OMG that Xerneas is EVERYTHING TO ME. Seriously if PC was a platform for buying or trading, I'd give nearly anything for it. Love that card so much!! <33 And that Diance ain't no slouch either. I know I have a Fairy bias (obviously) but like DAMN that event sounds sweet as hell.

(This is my first post please let me know if I've posted something wrong like wrong forum etc or broke rules etc)
I've noticed that people from U.K kind of got the short end of the stick with the Dragon Majesty Premium Release.
The U.S got Dragon Majesty super Premium collection Box whilst the U.K got Dragon Majesty Premium Powers collection box. We also got a collection box called Dragon Majesty: Legends of Unova GX Collection. DId people in the U.S or the rest of the world get the Unova collection box? would be interested in knowing.
Not sure if I can post me youtube link but if you wanna look what I got in the premium powers compared to Dragon Majesty super Premium collection Box. I would be interested if people would agree that the U.K got the short end of the stick. Can I post a Dragon Majesty super Premium collection Box reference video I'm not sure?

Hey there Secret Anime Fan! No worries, your video is about opening and showcasing Pokemon cards - that's exactly what this section's for! :D (don & spirit dun kill me plz)

You did get some really neat pulls out of the collection though! The Prism Lance, Prism Victini (2!), Dragonite GX.. plus just a bunch of other cool cards - I'd say you did fairly well for yourself! Hope you keep posting your cards and collections here cause I'd be really interested in seeing them! n_n

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Thanks for the reply I'm new to the Pokemon community so it's nice to find a place to talk Pokemon with people. Glad I posted in the right place too. Yeah, I got some good cards the Dragonite GX card is my favourite card from the set it may even be my favourite card I pulled so far. Well at least as an adult lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back