• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] "Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
This little bit of nostalgia came in today. <3

d9SyeMJ.jpg

My dad got me one of these from a gas station/liquor store vending machine way back in elementary school, but an upperclassman offered a trade not long after and I took him up on it. I came to regret it in recent years, realizing that Wartortle had become one of my absolute favorite and most nostalgic Pokémon and that these kind of bootleg stickers were more special to me than most of my official cards, so I'm glad to have one in my collection again! :D

The Southern Island series was always a personal favorite of mine and I would totally collect stickers and knockoffs too if I were lucky enough to come across them! Glad you were able to give a good home to a Wartortle in need, legitimate card or not. (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 27, 2020
Just pulled a Tauros GX and an Inteleon V both FA out of a 2 pack blister with a Mimikyu collectable pin.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i'm back on my bullshit of buying random singles from the local card shop. i don't have any rhyme or reason i just kind of pick and choose from pokemon i like or neat artwork, but i do have some sets i really like, mostly all of the neo sets. i just bought a few from neo destiny, my fave set. got the light ledian, light vaporeon (finally), light wigglytuff, and dark flaaffy. they're in my binder which is away from me rn so lol i don't wanna get up and take pics. i got some other cool stuff recently too, like holo rare smeargle from neo discovery and togetic + skarmory from neo genesis - but the latter two lmfao i already had in japanese. whooooops. i got a photo of those, though:

Spoiler:

bonus of my japanese ones:

Spoiler:

i recently ordered holo rare delibird and porygon 2 from neo revelations, so i'll be sure to post a pic when those come in.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
alright y'all they came in last night. it's nothing incredible, but i really love the neo sets and the one i have the least of is neo revelation so this is a treat for me lol.

so first is the delibird which the card isn't in the best shape but i'm not rly a stickler for condition, i'm a very casual no rhyme or reason kind of collector. i like that just the sky is holo...i always found this artwork interesting too like. bro where are you going.......why you runnin

Spoiler:

so this porygon 2 though i love it even more now that i have it. when i bought it from the card shop, the picture wasn't super clear w the art and i mainly bought it bc i just really like porygon 2 and kind of forgot about this card. but when it came in and i could get a good look at the artwork, it made me super happy. i love that pory2 is just looking at its own schematics lol like that's just so cool to me...the holo on it really pops out too. it's a little hard to see the schematics with the glare unfortunately, but it's like one of those better in person kinds of cards...i adore this. it's honestly like one of my favorites now. just so neat. and i cleaned the card off a little after i took the pic so it doesn't have that weird speck on it anymore lol

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ahhhh that Porygon 2 is one of my favorites! I loved how they used the holofoil on it. ♡

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Stock images cause I'm lazy but I got a few fun pulls today!
Spoiler:

Years
Might post pictures but I just opened a Darkness Ablaze booster and in the first 10 packs I got 5 pulls including, Charizard VMax at least a PSA 9 and I think it has a shot at 9.5, centering is just a bit off. And Rainbow rare Butterfree VMax and honestly, I can't find a flaw I think it is a 10, I also posted a pic on my IG.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
went to target today to get something i needed, but noticed they actually had some champion's path. i'm not as into it as other people are rn but i figured i should grab a box while i was there bc when in rome right lol anyway i managed to get some fun pulls, i imagine i won't find another box for a while so lol got a small blister pack w some rising voltage (or is it vivid voltage idk) that came w a holo appletun...nothing interesting in that pack tho, i just wanted the appletun anyway. it's not pictured, just all my champion's path stuff.

Spoiler:

edit: checked the mail last night and these arrived! i had been eyeing this azumarill and togetic in particular for some time now. i just really love the art...so cute.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 19, 2023
I got a big box from Japan the other day which included my 4 boxes of Shiny Star V! After opening 3 of them I was pretty happy with what I got, but the 4th box decided to blow all of my expectations out of the water:

Spoiler:

Pictures and videos just do not do these cards justice. I made a video of the rest of this booster box too if you want to see some more Shiny Star V stuff.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
That GX Primarina & Charizard are to DIE for!!!

I, currently hunting for the special shiny Jirachi. Holofoil hasn't looked that good since Base Set 2 imo! (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Years
So my advent calendar this year is a booster pack every day on PTCGO and I'll be attempting to make a functioning deck by picking 2 cards each day. I've had some cool cards and some terrible luck!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
bought these on a whim

bought these on a whim last week and they came in today. i love these a lot. love the starmie art and how the blue really pops out w the purple border. the magnemite is hilarious to me like yeah the background is cool but like someone really said let's make magnemite a holo rare and they rolled w that

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Got the holofoil Pikachu and Turtwig from the 25th anniversary Happy Meal set and I'm unreasonably happy about it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back