• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Generation 2 Shiny Guide

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Got my shiny ditto yesterday. So cool. Started breeding for a shiny zubat now

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    i hatched a shiny zubat in roughly 25 eggs after doing the gyarados/ditto trick. all on VC with one N3DSXL and one O2DS

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The article has been updated! In short, you can obtain an Odd Egg in Crystal, which has a higher chance of hatching into one of seven Pokemon as a Shiny. These can then be used for breeding other Shiny Pokemon. (Bar Smoochum I suppose given it's female only.)

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Happy hunting everyone!

I am aiming for hatching a shiny Pichu out of the odd egg. I would like to have a Raichu on my team for coverage anyway, especially since Mareep is sadly not available in this game, and I am fond of Raichu's deep amber color in shiny form. It will be a long day, as it has a 1% chance of being this Pokemon, but that is what weekends are for! I might cave if I get Tyrogue first though, because I also have been longing for a Hitmontop on my current team.

Last edited:

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • I just heard that Pokemon hatched from the odd egg can't be transferred over because of the dizzy punch move, it makes the game think that it is an illegal moveset. Somebody please tell me that this is not true!

Years
  • I like this article and wish I had read it earlier, especially the Odd Egg part. I never liked adding up probabilities (even though it's mathematically sound for this situation) and that part with the shinies left me confused for a second.

It's been too long since I played a gen 2 game but I'm enjoying it so far! (except for the Bellsprout rage but i'm past that now)

Last edited:
    Back