• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
First of all, I'm a HUGE pokeshipper and contestshipper just so I get the basics down. Now, personally my opinions on armourshipping is that the writers are trying to literally force Ash into a relationship all of a sudden, I mean, we had all the other female-trainers in the past, I really wonder why they all of a sudden have decided to make armourshipping nearly cannon, I mean really. I think Misty should come back and create some sort of love triangle between Ash, Serena and herself, it's just my opinion though

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
One of the Reason I wanted Ash to catch a Lucario--

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I think the perfect heroin would be--

Rosa (B2W2) + Ash's Snivy's personality = The Most Badass Pokegirl

Ash's Snivy is defiantly the Best girl in the series .
Just imagine A human version of her appearing as Ash's love Interest.
I would love a episode that start with Ash & co walking in the street until Rosa pass them by and the episode shit to her.
Off course , Anyone who watch ''Detective Conan'' should already notice that ''Ai Haibara'' is the human version of Ash's Snivy in term of Personalty.

Famon, I'm suprised .. You know how much screen time Lucario had.. more than enough if you ask me.

I don't give a dam care about other trainer's Lucario.
To me , The Only important Lucario is the One that will be caught by Ash .
Other Lucario can just die or whatever !

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 26, 2015
Is anyone here an advanceshipper?
Also, I never understood poke shipping. Anyone care to explain hoe it would work out?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I don't give a dam care about other trainer's Lucario.
To me , The Only important Lucario is the One that will be caught by Ash .
Other Lucario can just die or whatever !

LMAO. What proof do you have that Ash will someday catch a Lucario? Like why can't it be a Zoroark or a Milotic or whatever other Pokemon classified as "rare, too badass for Ash to get".

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Honestly , I don't like the Doki Doki moment in Amourshipping because those are for more mature shoujo Anime !
That Why Amourshipping failed to attract audience .
Kids Anime such as Pokemon need Romantic moment like this--
Spoiler:

I just hope Ash will get a mature female Rival who will do thing like that! I also want Ash to be childish & competent.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Honestly , I don't like the Doki Doki moment in Amourshipping because those are for more mature shoujo Anime !
Kids Anime such as Pokemon need Romantic moment like this--
Spoiler:

I just hope Ash will get a mature female Rival who will do thing like that! I also want Ash to be childish & competent.

Famonshipping <3

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Everybody's shipping Ash with everyone else and I'm just here like "Morty X Sabrina, guys"

Morty and Sabrina has less chance of reappearing !
Also , Ash is most shippable character so everyone shipping him with everybody.
But if a Goth appear who believe in ''Supernatural'' and clash against Clemont who believes in ''Science'' then everyone will ship Clemont with the Goth.
For now , I recommend Viola X Grant.

However Alain is lucky in term of Shipping because he's older .
Which mean , He can have Hot & busty girl like Viola as his Love-interest ! Mairin is too young.
Just imagine , The idea of having Viola as heroin !

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm the odd one out, I think. I like Amourshipping because it tends to have moments like that, and none of the other girls really ever responded to Ash in the same way Serena does. I think it's cute, but it's pretty different from what Pokemon usually does.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I'm the odd one out, I think. I like Amourshipping because it tends to have moments like that, and none of the other girls really ever responded to Ash in the same way Serena does. I think it's cute, but it's pretty different from what Pokemon usually does.

Well, it's not that THAT different since Misty and Ash had their own Amorshipping moments in OS.. So r May and Drew in AG.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Morty and Sabrina has less chance of reappearing !
Also , Ash is most shippable character so everyone shipping him with everybody.
But if a Goth appear who believe in ''Supernatural'' and clash against Clemont who believes in ''Science'' then everyone will ship Clemont with the Goth.
For now , I recommend Viola X Grant.

However Alain is lucky in term of Shipping because he's older .
Which mean , He can have Hot & busty girl like Viola as his Love-interest ! Mairin is too young.
Just imagine , The idea of having Viola as heroin !
I know that they don't have much chance of reappearing, but people said Korrasami would never be canon and look at it now! But in all seriousness it's not gonna happen canonically with Morty X Sabrina but I ship Viola with Grant already. Here's some stuff from my shipping files just to troll you show my love for shipping. P.S. I miss Ash X Misty.
View attachment 74831

View attachment 74832

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well, it's not that THAT different since Misty and Ash had their own Amorshipping moments in OS.. So r May and Drew in AG.

May and Drew, yeah. Though, that was Drew and not Ash.

As far as Ash and Misty, that was all thrown in by the 4Kids dub, the Japanese episodes never protrayed Misty as having feelings for Ash. x__x This is why Serena is so different to me.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
May and Drew, yeah. Though, that was Drew and not Ash.

As far as Ash and Misty, that was all thrown in by the 4Kids dub, the Japanese episodes never protrayed Misty as having feelings for Ash. x__x This is why Serena is so different to me.

Thats widespreaded misconcepcion spreaded by fans unfamiliar with Japanese version of pokemon anime.

4kids added some of hints, but Japanese version had several significant hints pointing out toward Misty developing crush and later arguably case of young love directed toward Ash character.

Bulbapedia has pretty detailed list of what was dub added and what spiringed out from writers workshop ande message they wanted to leave through scripts.
Coincidentally 4kids dub ommited some of Japanese scenes displaying Misty romantic affection toward Ash such as in "Tower of Terror" or "A Date with Delcatty!" episode.

Even so while dialogue can be manipulated; character thoughts, expressions and reactions cannot. And Misty showed large amount of jealousy whenever other girls courted with Ash such as Melody, Giselle, Macy etc. Being posessive.

Showed to blush like red pepper whenever others accused her of having crush on Ash like Tracey, Brock, TR etc acting all shgy and insecure.

Revealed great deal of care and compassion whenever Ash was in danger to the point iof starting to cry and sob(somethjing she never showed in such amount toward other friends).

And acted defensively trying to hide her feelings and having tendency to quickly change subject when such topic was brought up.

Writers also didn't hesitate in leaving hints and promo materials which only further confirmed how Misty has something more than care as friend for Ash.
Such as(found on this site):
http://www.serebiiforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14127

With her feelings not seeming to disappear even after leaving main cast. As chronicles showed when boy with Delcatty Georgio asked her on date, Denying and saying (in Japanese version which dub removed)how she likes someone else with Casey basically extorting truth from her.

In end whatever plans writers had with Misty charaster were left at standstill with this aspect of Misty stoyy being left undefined and unfinished. Along with her water pokemon master dream and desire to reach level of her idol E4 Lorelei and unsolved fears and conficts showing to exist .

Leaving room to do more with Misty charscter, but nothing doing about it afterwards as time showed.

Misty feelings were less direct than Serena and werent there from very start. Gradually building up and becoming stronger as time went on. But there if you ask me existed pretty strong situations indicating how something more than friendship came from her side.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Thats widespreaded misconcepcion spreaded by fans unfamiliar with Japanese version of pokemon anime.

4kids added some of hints, but Japanese version had several significant hints pointing out toward Misty developing crush and later arguably case of young love directed toward Ash character.

Bulbapedia has pretty detailed list----
I'm not even going to disagree with any of that, because I'm not gonna lie, I haven't seen Japanese episodes of the original series in 16 years. I do remember Misty not being as into Ash, and also in the second movie there were hints in the dub that weren't there in the Japanese. Though, for the anime itself, if it does have some hints that's cute and such. I used to really like that pairing, canon hints or not. Though, yeah, if Misty did have actual feelings for Ash, it wasn't as obvious as the Serena thing, from what I can remember.

Honestly, if the current writing team were to rewrite the Kanto series, I think they could definitely throw in some convincing Pokeshipping scenes. Better than the original series did, anyway.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
I'm not even going to disagree with any of that, because I'm not gonna lie, I haven't seen Japanese episodes of the original series in 16 years. I do remember Misty not being as into Ash, and also in the second movie there were hints in the dub that weren't there in the Japanese. Though, for the anime itself, if it does have some hints that's cute and such. I used to really like that pairing, canon hints or not. Though, yeah, if Misty did have actual feelings for Ash, it wasn't as obvious as the Serena thing, from what I can remember.

Honestly, if the current writing team were to rewrite the Kanto series, I think they could definitely throw in some convincing Pokeshipping scenes. Better than the original series did, anyway.

True that about second movie. Although most important hints were still there in original version. Like Misty being grumpy over Melody flirting, Melody teasing her about Ash being her boyfriend causing her to blush and act strange. Misty telling to Melody before saving Ash how "he is her burden and she will always be there for him" etc.

Interesting background about second movie was how there existed deleted scenes in Japanese version which attempted to push Misty affection toward Ash to deeper level.Such as scene of Mosty bursting in tears attempting to jump of the cliff after Ash being held by Tracey. Or when she saved him from drowning originally being planned to give him CPR.

Takeshi Shudo who wad head writer for OS decided to omit those moments being aganst idea of romance in pokemon anime as explained in his blogs. But it seems other writers werent against it as evidenced through episodes which mr.Shudo didnt wrote containing hints of Misty developing feelings toward Ash character.Such as jealousy, blushing, conflicts happening inside character like being torn between staying wioth gym leader Rudy or staying with Ash, or not being sure herself how she feels about Ash having trouble to admit how she cares because of pride.

This explains why Takeshi Shudo as head writer admitted how there existed quarrels and contradictions between him and other writers who obviously didn't shared same views over some things like he did. With consensus not existing over several things between him, other writers and pokemon director. Causing inconsistency witthin story.

Your also right about Kanto being relatively scarce with hints , but Orange Islands surprisingly enoughh contained whole romantic subplot based on Misty becoming more attached to Ash starting to view him in different ight. Which culminated by end of Johto when she was visibly upset not wanting to leave him and giving her handkerchief to Ash permanently which holds special meaning in Japanese culture from what i know.

With initial dislike and pity from her side changing in devotion, admiration, care and unbounding support. With others like Brock, Tracey or Jessie, James starting to notice that.

In end you could say how Misty while had feelings for Ash and judging by chronicles still has them for all we know(if you watch "Date with Delcatty!" in original version youll know what im referring to directly admiting how "she likes someone". They were more subtle with writers themselves not being sure in what direction to take them. Leaving everything hanging in air.

Its unfortunate, but Misty feelings, future of taking care of gym mainly because of lazy sisters indicazing desire of traveling again. Her dreams of becoming water type master and lot of unanwered things about her past. Just about most of subplots surrounding character were never given closure.

On other hand in regards to shipping. Writers with Serena decided to be more direct, not equivocate and implement straightforward signs of crush existing within Serena character right from the start. That and backstory of meeting Ash in his childhood by retconning past.
Displaying romantic affection and crush in different, serene and for lack of better word submissive way.;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Honestly I enjoy shipping When The Protagonist's main Love-interest is a Girl way Out of his reach !!
For example , Nobita & Shizuka from Doremon !
Let compare them--

-Shizuka :
A Beautiful girl , Class idol , Honor Student , good at athletic , Well-manner , Talented ,intelligent

-Nobita :
A complete idiot ,Unpopular , Weak , Selfish, Unattractive , Lazy , Stupid and Clumsy and Bad at every sport ! The only thing he's good at is Sleeping , aiming and Cat-candle.

So obviously Nobita shouldn't have any chance with Shizuka ! Specially when She's close friend with popular , Perfect and Over-achiever Dekisugi.
I mean , Dekisugi is even more kinder , helpful and fair then Nobita as he refuge to use Doreamon gadget because its unfair .
Dekisugi and Shizuka is like TK and Kari from Digimon Adventure 02 ! However , everyone was force to support Nobita and Shizuka because he was the main character.
While Digimon had multiple protagonist So Fans wasn't force to support Kari and Devis ! All of them support Kari and TK.
So thats What made Doreamon more interesting ! Because The Protagonist has a crush on a girl he can't have ! Youkai watch also does the same thing.
You see , When The protagonist's main love-interest is a girl that he can't have then it make the series more Challenging ! Fans become interested to see if The Protagonist can overcome all his disadvantage to score the girl he likes.
Almost all Shouene/Kids Anime with underdog protagonist has a Main Love-interest who is way out of Protagonist's reach .
Off course , Ash is too dense so it seem impossible for him to have One-side crush on a Girl !
Giselle is the Only girl in history who manage to make Ash fawn over her.
However , If the series create A girl that hard to get then She might become better heroin then Serena.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Honestly I enjoy shipping When The Protagonist's main Love-interest is a Girl way Out of his reach !!
For example , Nobita & Shizuka from Doremon !
Let compare them--

-Shizuka :
A Beautiful girl , Class idol , Honor Student , good at athletic , Well-manner , Talented ,intelligent

-Nobita :
A complete idiot ,Unpopular , Weak , Selfish, Unattractive , Lazy , Stupid and Clumsy and Bad at every sport ! The only thing he's good at is Sleeping , aiming and Cat-candle.

So obviously Nobita shouldn't have any chance with Shizuka ! Specially when She's close friend with popular , Perfect and Over-achiever Dekisugi.
I mean , Dekisugi is even more kinder , helpful and fair then Nobita as he refuge to use Doreamon gadget because its unfair .
Dekisugi and Shizuka is like TK and Kari from Digimon Adventure 02 ! However , everyone was force to support Nobita and Shizuka because he was the main character.
While Digimon had multiple protagonist So Fans wasn't force to support Kari and Devis ! All of them support Kari and TK.
So thats What made Doreamon more interesting ! Because The Protagonist has a crush on a girl he can't have ! Youkai watch also does the same thing.
You see , When The protagonist's main love-interest is a girl that he can't have then it make the series more Challenging ! Fans become interested to see if The Protagonist can overcome all his disadvantage to score the girl he likes.
Almost all Shouene/Kids Anime with underdog protagonist has a Main Love-interest who is way out of Protagonist's reach .
Off course , Ash is too dense so it seem impossible for him to have One-side crush on a Girl !
Giselle is the Only girl in history who manage to make Ash fawn over her.
However , If the series create A girl that hard to get then She might become better heroin then Serena.

I don't think that any other girl would make Ash notice her, as the writers turned him into some sort of an apathetic kid. The way I see it, the reason why he fell for that Giselle is because in that time the series wasn't going in the same routine pattern it does today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back