• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga or Palkia...

Who is better, Dialga or Palkia?

• Total voters

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
Years
Dialga is way better than Palkia which is a sorry excuse for a legendary. Also, Gamefreak and Nintendo must be running out of ideas to make a pink dragon!

M4CK_M4YN3

Felix_The_Cat
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
if i have to choose between two not so awsome lengendarys ill say palkia

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
Years
I don't really like both of their designs at all, actually... I hate them D:

But if i had to pick i would pick Palkia. Don't really like Dialga, never did D:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
They are each powerful in their own respects. Palkia Is faster, but dialga is less vulnerable and more powerful. Dialga is generally superior in a fight because of the type advantage and because palkia can't learn moves dialga is particularly weak to. That and the ability to control time is a bit more powerful to control space. They are by no means my favorite dragons or pokemon.

Technically that is not true, the speed of the expansion of space is always accelerating and is beyond the speed of light and space can be warped to intensify gravity to crush anything, so Palkia could warp the space around Dialga before it can change time. But Dialga owns by design and in-game battles.

DestinyBender

Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
Years
I like neither! there are stronger dragon types out there, eg garchomp, dragonite & more! dont forget salamence!

all im saying, is that those 'legendaries' are pretty weak. no offence or anything ;)

Idiomorph

Pokémon Geneticist
Years
I'm going with Dialga, mainly because it just looks cooler, and Steel/Dragon is such an awesome and unique typing. I much prefer Palkia's cry, though (Dialga sounds like a screeching old woman, to be honest).

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
I prefer dialga's aesthetics, but it irritates me when people say "Lol dialga controls time so it pwns palkia"

Yeah, but Palkia controls space. As in, it controls all matter. As in, it could make Dialga simply blink out of existence. Hell, Palkia could defeat ARCEUS with powers like that.

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
Years
I'm going with Dialga, mainly because it just looks cooler, and Steel/Dragon is such an awesome and unique typing. I much prefer Palkia's cry, though (Dialga sounds like a screeching old woman, to be honest).
I'm not a fan of Dialga's cry either. (Yes, the biggest Dialga freak ever hates Dialga's cry, Ironic). And of course Dialga looks cooler, check my avatar and Sig, and a Steel/Dragon, how cool, especialy when he can control time! It's Awesome!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
I quite frankly think the use of legendaries is LAME.
I never used em, never will.
But in fairness to this topic..
Palkia is better.

Golde-sama

*cape blows dramatically*
Years
Common sense: Dialga controlls time, Palkia controlls space: Palkia sends a meteor to destroy Dialga, Dialga stops time and destroys Palkia and the meteor as they are helpless.

But, then...wait, no, Parukia doesn't control "Space", space, but like, the spacial realm. Which, would mean, like, it could warp and distort the space around Diaruga, possibly even Diaruga itself.

I pick Diaruga, though. There's just something about it...and something just thrown me off anout Parukia...I still like Parukia though <3

EDIT - VictorP1, you seem extremely closed minded. Pink is an awesome color. It can be argued that Diaruga and Parukia are equally awesome. Diaruga's cry is awesome. So, IDK what you're problem is, but you should probably just chill, k?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
But, then...wait, no, Parukia doesn't control "Space", space, but like, the spacial realm. Which, would mean, like, it could warp and distort the space around Diaruga, possibly even Diaruga itself.

I pick Diaruga, though. There's just something about it...and something just thrown me off anout Parukia...I still like Parukia though <3

EDIT - VictorP1, you seem extremely closed minded. Pink is an awesome color. It can be argued that Diaruga and Parukia are equally awesome. Diaruga's cry is awesome. So, IDK what you're problem is, but you should probably just chill, k?

That's the point I made. Palkia just has to click his fingers and bam, the matter that makes up Dialga no longer exists. Ergo, Dialga is not just dead, but it no longer even exists.

Golde-sama

*cape blows dramatically*
Years
That's the point I made. Palkia just has to click his fingers and bam, the matter that makes up Dialga no longer exists. Ergo, Dialga is not just dead, but it no longer even exists.

*high 5's*

Yeah. That's not to say of course, Diaruga wouldn't be hard to handle, though. It could reverse time until Parukia receives a fate worse than death...pre-birth! Then death.

But Diaruga's slow...slower than Parukia at least. There's like, no way it could even hit. I mean, if you look at it, Roar of time (or however it reveses time >.>) seems to be like, a beam of sorts...which could be easily dodges. Maybe its just me, but Spacial Rend seems like a wide-spread attack.

Heh, silly physics :P

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
Years
*high 5's*

Yeah. That's not to say of course, Diaruga wouldn't be hard to handle, though. It could reverse time until Parukia receives a fate worse than death...pre-birth! Then death.

But Diaruga's slow...slower than Parukia at least. There's like, no way it could even hit. I mean, if you look at it, Roar of time (or however it reveses time >.>) seems to be like, a beam of sorts...which could be easily dodges. Maybe its just me, but Spacial Rend seems like a wide-spread attack.

Heh, silly physics :P
Diaruga?
Paruka?
Dialga?
Palkia?

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
Dialga because Roar of Time pwns Flint's Infernape [I hate it, I really do]
I've never played with Palkia so Dialga is naturally my only choice.
Plus Dialga looks cooler.
But Space is cooler than time lmao :P

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
Years
Dialga because Roar of Time pwns Flint's Infernape [I hate it, I really do]
I've never played with Palkia so Dialga is naturally my only choice.
Plus Dialga looks cooler.
But Space is cooler than time lmao :P
Oooooooh, Palkia can distort spcae, wow, Dialga could just stop time and fix all of it with Palkia being helplessly trapped, and then Dialga would go beat the crap out of Palkia. Think about it.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
Oooooooh, Palkia can distort spcae, wow, Dialga could just stop time and fix all of it with Palkia being helplessly trapped, and then Dialga would go beat the crap out of Palkia. Think about it.

But without space there could be no time??
Think about that (:
and I said I preferred Dialga.

Back