• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your least favourite characters in any form of media

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Basically like the title says, this is basically a character rant thread for basically any form of media (games, books, TV shows, cartoons, etc.) What are some fictional characters you truly despise or think are bad, or if you don't have a least favourite character then you can just state somebody you find to be overrated, or you don't like them as much as other people do.

Please do not start any pointless arguments here, anyone who is offended can just ignore the posts or just leave this thread. Anyway, let the ranting commence!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Never liked Capitan Alistair Hennessey (played by Jeff Goldblum) in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

He hit a dog named Cody with a newspaper. :'(

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Gabe Ugliano, Percy Jackson's stepfather. He's a complete ass to both Percy and Sally. Speaking of father figures, I don't even know if I like Poseidon either.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Not necessarily a single character, but I do have beef with many of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic's later villains, like Stygian or Wallflower Bush.

The common issue they all share is that they overreact and commit crimes out of sheer pettiness or without seeking help, and yet none of them get properly disciplined for their actions, let alone, be seen again.

I've been much harder on Starlight Glimmer, whose introduction escalated this trend that would not have otherwise existed, bar Sunset, Discord or Trixie. To their credits, they at least have sufficient presence since they reformed.

It's a huge pet peeve of mine when children (or fillies/foals) are the ones to get punished, but when adults do more damage like abuse or terrorism, they are let go, Scott free.

I do have to side with Lily Orchard of all people with how problematic the show's double standards on discipline are, but she became increasingly scummy as time would move on.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • kh3 spoilers

Spoiler:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Never liked Capitan Alistair Hennessey (played by Jeff Goldblum) in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

He hit a dog named Cody with a newspaper. :'(

I think Matthew Gray Gubler was in that... but he was really young at the time. I didn't know Jeff was too.

If anyone has seen the original Air Bud, I hated the character that Michael Jeter played. While, he was more comical at times... he beat the shit out of Buddy, and I always felt so bad for the poor doggy. :c (I love Michael though. Too bad he passed away)

Back