• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's your favourite poketuber?

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
  • i like PurpleRodri but i didnt see anyone talking about him...
    I felt bad so i said that he is my favorite.(●´ω`●)​

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Lots of click baited poketubers on youtube. I remember spending a lot of my free time throughout the years flipping through youtube for one that I would enjoy.

I know I posted here before but I got more to say here about CC, I use to think Chuggaaconroy was good but anyone can do what he does without the obnoxious tone and forced personality, he's gotten more immature and all his info can be found on Bulbapedia. I don't really like his bios either. He's either overly positive or negative depending on if the pokemon is generally bad, and he's also biased because he use to be a competitive player and thinks like Smogon. I would at least try be more critical and not just shut a pokemon down.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Lots of click baited poketubers on youtube. I remember spending a lot of my free time throughout the years flipping through youtube for one that I would enjoy.

I know I posted here before but I got more to say here about CC, I use to think Chuggaaconroy was good but anyone can do what he does without the obnoxious tone and forced personality, he's gotten more immature and all his info can be found on Bulbapedia. I don't really like his bios either. He's either overly positive or negative depending on if the pokemon is generally bad, and he's also biased because he use to be a competitive player and thinks like Smogon. I would at least try be more critical and not just shut a pokemon down.

This is an interesting take on Chuggaaconroy, since it's the first I've ever seen somebody make mention of his personality change.

If you look at one of his older Fire Red videos, and compare to his latest, which I believe is Black and White, there is a drastic change. His videos now follow a more professional format, but it comes at the expense of the now louder commentary. Which I can personally find appealing, only if the person can carry it well. As you said, his comes off as a bit forced. I watched him for years, but I saw his appeal as somebody who was making these videos solely for fun.

I did grow up watching his older series, and while I still try when he starts a new one, I never seem to make it past 10 videos.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    This is an interesting take on Chuggaaconroy, since it's the first I've ever seen somebody make mention of his personality change.

If you look at one of his older Fire Red videos, and compare to his latest, which I believe is Black and White, there is a drastic change. His videos now follow a more professional format, but it comes at the expense of the now louder commentary. Which I can personally find appealing, only if the person can carry it well. As you said, his comes off as a bit forced. I watched him for years, but I saw his appeal as somebody who was making these videos solely for fun.

I did grow up watching his older series, and while I still try when he starts a new one, I never seem to make it past 10 videos.

I stopped watching him a while back. I know my opinion is unpopular, but I use to like him for the same reason you did, he was a genuine youtube guy who didn't do clickbaits or was desperate for quick cash. I feel like when he tries to be too professional it's really stiff and fake and exaggerates his personality traits like overreacting and being loud and immature man-child to appeal to some demographic I guess. I mean he's just really playing video games and recording himself basically, which is why I liked his more chill self back then which is ironic because he was younger back then.

I came back to his channel for old time's sake when he was doing his BW walkthrough, and I stopped at episode 2, cause that loud exclamation about the BW player's mother being hot was cringy as hell. I don't know who would find that funny.

Last edited:
    Years
  • For me it has to be Tamashii Hiroka. Even though she doesn't upload as frequently anymore the content she has uploaded has been very well presented, interesting, and objective, even when giving her own opinions. She doesn't try to have a 'zany' personality or some over bloated annoying intro segment, just gets to the point and I don't think has ever click-baited?

I actually can't watch many other Poketubers because hers is the standard I judge other Poketubers against.

Back