• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In which game did you get your first shiny Pokémon?

rainywave

Bearer of the curse
Years
  • The first shiny I ever got at least in recent memory was a Budew I got in Y Who is currently a Beautiful Roserase. He resides in my moon copy and I'm still very happy with him!

Years
  • The first I ever seen was a Geodude my partner caught in Gold. Unfortunately the battery is long dead.

Besides the lake of rage encounter, the first one I caught was a Slugma in Sapphire. I then proceeded to catch a whole slew of shinies in Gen 3 much to her annoyance!

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
    Years
  • I think in black and white while i was catching lots of the same patrat for trading between another ds to get rare mons and then to trsnsfer to bank.

Years
  • Excluding Red Gyarados and the like. The game I got my first shiny was either Pokemon Crystal, where I found a shiny Weedle that fell out of a tree. Or Pokemon Sapphire, where I found a shiny Tentacool while surfing. Not sure which was first, as it was a long time ago. I seem to recall planning on training the Weedle, but never getting round to it. So both the Weedle and the Tentacool ended up being boxed and never used xD. Both saves are long gone now.

Claire Lilly

~Professional Vulpix Breeder/Trainer~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2019
    Excluding the red Gyarados in SoulSilver, I caught my very first Shiny yesterday in LGE, it was a Bellsprout. And right today I caught a shiny Vulpix in the same game.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Shiny Wingull in the post-game of Black. I evolved her into a Pelipper. Her name is Lime! :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2020
    can't remember Most likely a first gen in pokemon planet, not knowing shinies even existed! technically shinies arent even shiny unless correct nature!?

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I don't think I actually caught any until X. Yes, I've been playing since Red, but I just have never shiny hunted, nor have I ever been super lucky. I actually did the trick in X where you fish in that certain spot and got a shiny Relicanth, but later on while playing I actually got my first legitimately random shiny, which was a Tauros. Whichever one counts best for my first, I'm not sure.

Lil_Mew19

I'm soft uwu
    Years
  • Aside from the red Gyarados in G/HG/S/SS, of course, my first real shiny was a shiny Pidgey. I had gotten this game off of a E-bay that was a Spanish gba version of Crystal. It was most likely a rom hack of some sort in a physical form I could insert into and play on my ds, but it was very glitchy. It was just titled Crystal. I didn't know what a rom was at the time, but after a few years of having it, I realized it was just a poorly made rom hack remake of Crystal that some Spanish kid had decided to sell. It was a complete waste of my parent's credit card that they sometimes let me use. Anyways, I was on some sort of route, and I was just running through the grass trying to find my way on my way to the next town when a wild Pokémon battle started. I was expecting just a Pidgey, Hoothoot, Sentret, or whatever, but instead of having run into a regular Pidgey, it was a shiny Pidgey! But, since I was quite inexperienced at the time, I killed the Pidgey off. What happened was it's HP was at the yellow point, and I thought that I would be able to land in one more hit without defeating it and leave it at the red point to capture it, but I didn't understand the concept of critical hits and my Cyndaquil's Ember landed a critical hit, killing it off. I don't have that game anymore. I threw it away a little while after I realized what a rip-off it had been. Now I don't trust E-Bay anymore.

My first ever caught shiny was a shiny Sentret in the rom hack Pokémon Fuligin I was playing on my old phone a few years ago. It's actually a good rom hack, so you may want to check the game out sometime. Anyways, I was running through the grass just looking for Pokémon when - tada! - a shiny Sentret appeared. I was super excited and I luckily had plenty of PokeBalls, so I just went for it. I managed to capture it easily. I still have the phone stored away with the rom. Hmmm... maybe I'll pull it out again.​

Years
  • Well, technically speaking Ultra Sun through the Wormhole but I don't count it because a) they were practically free and b) I don't own the save file anymore. I always now say a random shiny Pidgeotto in Let's Go Eevee before the 5th gym.

Back