• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Catching Legendaries

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • tumblr_lzyigmxTt31qja9zyo1_400.gif

How many of you have attempted to try to catch either the Legendary Birds or Mewtwo without a Master Ball? Did you succeed or fail? What was your ball of choice and how many do you think you went through?l before either succeeding or giving up?

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2017
    In Pokemon Platinum the legendary Birds are roaming legendary Pokemon after you beat the league. Unless you somehow are lucky to get multiple master balls you'll be spamming Ultra Balls and saving your master ball for a possible shiny or the last roaming legendary.

Retro Grunt

IT'S YA BOI RETRO
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2017
    Ultra ball spamming is pretty much my go to for catching legendaries in every gen.

Years
  • I got the legendary birds to low health, put them to sleep, then spammed Ultra Balls until I caught them. I only used the Master Ball for Mewtwo.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Same as Radiating^

I save the Master Ball for Mewtwo, and throw as many Ultra Balls as I can at the birds. I soft reset before each one and reset if I go through too many though.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
    Years
  • I've used ultra ball most often in every game. I caught Lunala in a pokeball because of catch rate being so high. My BIGGEST trophy is my most recent legendary from HG, my shiny Moltres, which was caught in a Love Ball. False Swipe by Scyther and Sleep Powder by Butterfree.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    I once caught all 3 legendary birds in one play through in a sum total of 4 Ultra Balls. It was amazing, no time spent resetting or painfully waiting for them to stay in the ball!

Back