• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Delta Emerald (Version 1.1.5)

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2021
    Hi @STikER! Great hack! Thank you so much for creating it. I have been really enjoying the new features and also reliving my nostalgia of playing the emerald version. However, I do have issue that I am not able to solve. I accidentally forgot to save state when I entered the battle tent and my phone ran out of charge. So when I went back into the game it started with my in game saved file with my character being at the battle tent and now all my items, key items and Pokédex has been reset. I tried coming out and manually saving it and then accessed the newly saved file but I am not able to get back the data and the items. What should I do? ☹️

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2022
    Quick question: does this hack feature any changes to stats/typing/learnsets/etc for Pokemon? For balancing purposes?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2021
    Where do I get the other hoenn starters in this game? You said it's in altering cave but all I find are zubats, do I need to complete the hoenn dex first?

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2021
    hello ummm There's a crash happening to my Pokemon Delta and it always crash when im about to the Sky Pillar and talk to the Lady and even interacting to Rayquaza and then this text message pop and it said " Jumped to invalid address 6951AEFE " how to fix it? and the emulator that im using is mGBA and VBA

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2022
    Can you find or mre important, rebattle Zinnia? Or does she just vanish after ste story like inOrAs?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Great Hack (Alongside Mega Blue), but here are some suggestions (If Possible):

Include Galarian Formes + Evos (example: Galarian Zigzagoon line + Obstagoon)
    Move Learnsets up to Gen 8 (Well, the available ones at least.
    100 TMs (akin to Radical Red, GS Chronicles and Theta Emerald(/Renev))
    Inclusion of the DexNav
    An Egg Move Tutor (like in Blazing Emerald and Radical Red)
    A Debug Mode (If Possible)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    I would like to report a problem. When I try to play Delta Emerald on eclipse emulator for iOS on my iPhone 12 Pro Max I get a black screen pretty much every time I try to battle the Pokémon that is attacking the professor

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    Is this and Mega Blue still being worked on? I ask as this is by far my favorite rom-hack of all time. I love that you made it compatible with the original games, as It feels so good to be able to use the mons I've collected all these years in an updated version of my favorite games. I have been waiting for this and mega blue to get updates as the battle frontier glitch makes me hesitant to play in the post-game, and mega blue just doesn't work on the flashcart I am using. It would break my heart if work on these had stopped. I know you have been having issues fixing some bugs, and so I can understand the lack of updates. I just hope that it hasn't caused you to stop working on them. If you are still working on them though, Just know that I'll be eagerly awaiting the next update :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2021
    Since this is an ORAS hack did you implement the eviolite item? If so where is it, not listed on the doc. Assuming its not in the game based off not seeing it in the doc but wanted to make sure.

Years
  • Hey. Loved this game as well, I played in early July alongside Mega Blue. I decided against playing this at first since you said that it does not work on VBA; but it worked on mine without any issues. I have some bugs that you might consider taking a look, though.

• When a Pokémon with the ability Synchronize falls asleep, the opponent falls asleep too. But Synchronize is not supposed to work with sleep (and potentially freeze) status; it works on other status (burn, paralysis, poison) and does not work when the ability bearer falls asleep or gets frozen solid. Reference.
    • Either Rock- or Ground-type Pokémon resist Fairy-type moves in this hack. Noticed this when my Gardevoir used Draining Kiss (Fairy-type move) against a Geodude, in Magma Hideout. They should take normal damage instead.
    • Sometimes, your starter immediately mega evolves in battle even if you don't tell him to, or even weirder, you are about to mega evolve another Pokémon. This leads to a weird case where you fight using two mega-evolved Pokémon at the same time (Mega Altaria and Mega Blaziken for instance).
    • Blizzard can miss in hail; this happened not to me but Glacia's Froslass did it. Normally, it cannot miss in hail, since Generation 4.
    • Tried Battle Frontier for a while but the trainers and Pokémon haven't changed; I entered Battle Factory challenge once and after that I didn't bother.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2021
    Hi, first of all, I love what you've done with Delta Emerald. I've been playing it all week, I've managed to reach the part where I need to wake Rayquaza up so he can stop the two spoiled brats fighting in Sootopolis.

Problem is whenever I try to interact with the Rayquaza, my game gets stuck and then crashes. Am I missing something? Or is there a fix for this?

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2022
    How do I access the word documents for the locations of the mega stones?
    Wait actually, can you just send me a link or put it in the main (1st) post of this thread?

Years
  • Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!
    Sorry for taking it so long to appear here. Along with being quite busy lately I had some problems accessing Pokecommunity (it was probably an issue on my internet provider's end), but now it seems to work fine.
    I'll try to answer all your questions (regarding both Delta Emerald and Mega Blue) in the following few days and I also have a small announcement to make, so stay tuned!

Years
  • How to get past the eggs bug? I get froze when picking up sudowoodo egg and need to fill my dex >.<
    Also, how to get hoenn starters?
    Sadly, I still don't know what's the reason and how to fix those egg-related bugs. Maybe try using a different emulator or/and a different device?
    As for the hoenn starters, they are available in the Altering Cave after activating the Mystery Gift.
    Hi @STikER! Great hack! Thank you so much for creating it. I have been really enjoying the new features and also reliving my nostalgia of playing the emerald version. However, I do have issue that I am not able to solve. I accidentally forgot to save state when I entered the battle tent and my phone ran out of charge. So when I went back into the game it started with my in game saved file with my character being at the battle tent and now all my items, key items and Pokédex has been reset. I tried coming out and manually saving it and then accessed the newly saved file but I am not able to get back the data and the items. What should I do? ☹️
    Unfortunately all your data is lost permanently and there is no way to get it back, sorry :(
    Quick question: does this hack feature any changes to stats/typing/learnsets/etc for Pokemon? For balancing purposes?
    All stats, movesets, abilities, moves etc. are updated to Gen 7 standards, including NPC trainers' Pokemon. The only place where the movesets are unchanged at all is the Battle Frontier, though Pokemon there do get updated stats and abilities.
    Where do I get the other hoenn starters in this game? You said it's in altering cave but all I find are zubats, do I need to complete the hoenn dex first?
    You probably didn't activate the Mystery Gift. There is a questionnaire in every Poke Mart, you need to put "LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL" phrase into it to trigger the spawn of the starters in Altering Cave
    hello ummm There's a crash happening to my Pokemon Delta and it always crash when im about to the Sky Pillar and talk to the Lady and even interacting to Rayquaza and then this text message pop and it said " Jumped to invalid address 6951AEFE " how to fix it? and the emulator that im using is mGBA and VBA
    Hi, first of all, I love what you've done with Delta Emerald. I've been playing it all week, I've managed to reach the part where I need to wake Rayquaza up so he can stop the two spoiled brats fighting in Sootopolis.

Problem is whenever I try to interact with the Rayquaza, my game gets stuck and then crashes. Am I missing something? Or is there a fix for this?
    This bug seems to be quite specific, as it does not happen to everyone (I wasn't able to trigger it myself while playing). I don't know what causes it, but you should try using different emulators and/or devices. Maybe you downloaded the hack from some rom hack collection website and they didn't provide an accurate rom? You can try repatching your rom again, maybe something went wrong there.
    Can you find or mre important, rebattle Zinnia? Or does she just vanish after ste story like inOrAs?
    No, she is nowhere to be found.
    I have a question, can you perform mega evolutions in online PvP battles?
    The version of the battle engine this hack uses doesn't allow for Megas in PvP battles so, unfortunately, no.
    I would like to report a problem. When I try to play Delta Emerald on eclipse emulator for iOS on my iPhone 12 Pro Max I get a black screen pretty much every time I try to battle the Pokémon that is attacking the professor
    Thanks for the report, I've never had an iPhone so I could never how it works on iOS.
    Since this is an ORAS hack did you implement the eviolite item? If so where is it, not listed on the doc. Assuming its not in the game based off not seeing it in the doc but wanted to make sure.
    Eviolite is not included in the game.
    Hey. Loved this game as well, I played in early July alongside Mega Blue. I decided against playing this at first since you said that it does not work on VBA; but it worked on mine without any issues. I have some bugs that you might consider taking a look, though.

• When a Pokémon with the ability Synchronize falls asleep, the opponent falls asleep too. But Synchronize is not supposed to work with sleep (and potentially freeze) status; it works on other status (burn, paralysis, poison) and does not work when the ability bearer falls asleep or gets frozen solid. Reference.
    • Either Rock- or Ground-type Pokémon resist Fairy-type moves in this hack. Noticed this when my Gardevoir used Draining Kiss (Fairy-type move) against a Geodude, in Magma Hideout. They should take normal damage instead.
    • Sometimes, your starter immediately mega evolves in battle even if you don't tell him to, or even weirder, you are about to mega evolve another Pokémon. This leads to a weird case where you fight using two mega-evolved Pokémon at the same time (Mega Altaria and Mega Blaziken for instance).
    • Blizzard can miss in hail; this happened not to me but Glacia's Froslass did it. Normally, it cannot miss in hail, since Generation 4.
    • Tried Battle Frontier for a while but the trainers and Pokémon haven't changed; I entered Battle Factory challenge once and after that I didn't bother.
    It seems like it works on VBA after all, it just didn't work on mine for some reason.
    As for the bugs, all of them are related to the old version battle engine, which I didn't develop. So I probably won't be able to fix those in this version of the hack. Still, thanks for reporting :P
    How do I access the word documents for the locations of the mega stones?
    Wait actually, can you just send me a link or put it in the main (1st) post of this thread?
    The word documents are included in the download link in the main post.
    Great Hack (Alongside Mega Blue), but here are some suggestions (If Possible):

Include Galarian Formes + Evos (example: Galarian Zigzagoon line + Obstagoon)
    Move Learnsets up to Gen 8 (Well, the available ones at least.
    100 TMs (akin to Radical Red, GS Chronicles and Theta Emerald(/Renev))
    Inclusion of the DexNav
    An Egg Move Tutor (like in Blazing Emerald and Radical Red)
    A Debug Mode (If Possible)
    Is this and Mega Blue still being worked on? I ask as this is by far my favorite rom-hack of all time. I love that you made it compatible with the original games, as It feels so good to be able to use the mons I've collected all these years in an updated version of my favorite games. I have been waiting for this and mega blue to get updates as the battle frontier glitch makes me hesitant to play in the post-game, and mega blue just doesn't work on the flashcart I am using. It would break my heart if work on these had stopped. I know you have been having issues fixing some bugs, and so I can understand the lack of updates. I just hope that it hasn't caused you to stop working on them. If you are still working on them though, Just know that I'll be eagerly awaiting the next update :)
    Stay tuned for the announcement :)

Years
  • I've come to make an announcement...

Pokemon Delta Emerald V2 is work in progress! It's being developed from scratch using pokeemerald decompilation project, which opens many more possibilities than standard binary hacking. The new version of DE should be much more stable and will have a handful of new features. While the progress is going slowly as I've been working on the hack only in late summer-early autumn of this year, I'll try to balance things out between work, studying and my other personal project (unrelated to Pokemon and gaming in general). Sadly, rom-hacking is far from being my top-priority thing right now, but I'll try working on it at least once per week. We'll see how it will work out next year, but what I can say for sure is that Delta Emerald is not abandoned and is 100% still being worked on.

Here are some screenshots of TheXaman's PokedexPlus and ghoulslash's DexNav already implemented into DE (there are many more new features implemented already, but I don't want to show everything at once; besides, most of them don't have distinct visual features to be shown in the screenshots anyway :P):

EWWj6OE.png
    DdF6VFT.png
    pt1fEf5.png
    OWM4dZT.png

Huge thanks for everyone's support throughout these few years and I wish you a Happy New Year!
    See you in 2022!

Back