• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sad Stantler fact

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, I've noticed that Stantler is the oldest non-legendary Pokémon that officially only exists in one region/Pokédex: Johto (obviously remakes don't count as it's the same region/Dex). Even obscure Pokémon such as Unown and Qwilfish made an appearance in at least one region other than the one they originally came from.

Granted, the upcoming Legends: Arceus is going to change that, but Stantler has been so far in only 1 out of the 7 existing generations since it was introduced, which I asume is the lowest appearance ratio possible because even the less popular Gen 1 Pokémon also exist in Johto and at least a few other regions.

So, other than Stantler, what are the Pokémon that have been absent for the longest? Are there any other old Pokémon that have been in one region and have so far never returned? What Pokémon would you like to see returning more?

Years
  • Wow I never would have guessed that! I would really like to see Arbok more with a regional variant. I have always really liked the line, mainly because I liked the base set Ekans and Arbok cards, and would like to see them get more love.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Sees Venonat very infrequently before postgame. Knows Blitzle and Zebstrika too. Liked their designs, despite just being a spikier zebra.

Years
  • Hmmm.... Glameow/Purugly. Deerling/Sawsbuck.
    also feel like I haven't seen Girafarig in forever. But it was catchable in ORAS so.... 🤔

Vivillon has only been in Kalos I think.

Years
    • Seen today
    I keep forgetting Stantler is Johto. I associate it with Pokemon Colosseum since you can catch a Shadow Stantler.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Breloom was only in the Hoenn Pokedex and nothing else. So, it's also only been in 1 of 7 regional Pokedexes. But, yeah, Stantler hasn't been in any regional Pokedex since its debut, it is pretty sad.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Breloom was only in the Hoenn Pokedex and nothing else.

Strange but true. It surprises me to see that Breloom may just become the new Game Freak's most forgotten Pokémon :), I allways considered it a very interesting one.

So we've got some winners (or rather losers?):
    -Venonat (Kanto/Johto only)
    -Stantler
    -Shroomish, Cacnea
    -Glameow
    -Deerling, Blitzle

For Gen 6/7 I guess it's too soon since they only had one or two opportunities to return.

Last edited:
    Back