• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate (21/01/2020 - New Patch Out)

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2022
    I just want to say - dont listen to that other guy about giovanni's tower. I thought it was a really creative idea and I'm glad you didnt change it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Have a question do I have to play pokemon Kanlara remasterd first the this? Thank you for your hard work on the game.

Nope, there is no need to play Remastered at all. You should play the version I released today, as it is the latest and most up-to-date version of the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I've tried not to change much - messing with the levelcurve, or item distribution, things like that, was not on my mind.

I was curious if that meant no change to Zorya, who's now the 2nd gym leader in this game. Despite knowing I would lose, I had a comforting smile to see that he is still packing a Thundurus, with Thunder, with his trusted partner, Drizzle Pelipper. Second gym leader this time, not the 3rd, but the level curve's still the same, as I recall.

Ahhh, good to play this game again. I'm not being sarcastic, that early scare is one of the most memorable things from this game.

That being said, I was getting frustrated at the first Rocket battles, they all used Dark-type Pokemon, Porygon only had Psybeam, I replaced Tackle. I had to get more Pokemon that I don't intend to keep, but eventually after grinding them, I took out the Rockets. I don't remember that being such a headache. Anyway, this is still worth playing, my weekend's set.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    I see that this hack has a lot of moves from the newer generation. Is there abilities from the new gens too?
    There is not. If there was that would definetely be mentioned as one of the features.
    so i just discovered this game and its great so far, but i only just beat the first gym. in your opinion, should i wait to keep going until you release the new update?

also: did you mean to use the japanese name for fletchinder? just wondering; i actually think its a cool little thing.
    Yes, that is intentional. The reason is Fletchinder is 11 letters and in FR there is a limit of 10 characters per Pokemon name, so I decided to use the Japanese name instead, in romaji.

Also, does anyone know how to remove polls from threads? I'd like to remove the current one, it might confuse people thinking there's another update in the works (which there is not currently).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Whats changed in autumn update and when is kanlara 2 out as I really want to play it
    Did you read the patch notes? https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10081146#post10081146

Basically, it's still the same game, but with more areas and things to do, however most are optional. The badge order also changed to make room for a new Gym, with your first badge being obtained in Kanja City. Additionally, level up lists are now based on US/UM level up lists, meaning for example Porygon learns Psybeam at Lv. 7 instead of 12, and also that wild Pokemon and Trainers are slightly more competitive, since in general they now learn stronger
    moves and also learn those earlier. There obviously are areas and things I didn't showcase in the patch notes that are new - I want to keep some stuff secret and not spoil the entire patch in one post.

As for Kanlara 2, that project has unfortunately been cancelled. I made an edit to the first post in that thread but decided to not bump it, as I don't want to take up attention from projects that are actually alive and in progress.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    This is immediately my favorite hack of 2019 just for the two NPCs in Wanjara City. What a story Mark.

Last edited:

Cfcboy1988 27

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2020
    Wtf I was looking forward to it as sounded like kanlara 2 was a definate what a waste of space developer is 😬

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    The first game here is already needing a lot of polishing yet you want a sequel. What?
    I'm not sure I agree with that lol, the game received a lot of polish in the move from Remastered to Ultimate. Obviously, there's always more that can be done, but I think the game is in a pretty good state and has been since Ultimate.
    Normal type moves are hitting my litwick.
    You're going to have to be specific - a lot more specific. Did they use Foresight on you, and then a Normal-type move? What move did they use? What Pokemon used the move? Do you have a screenshot?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Didn't take a screenshot. Was in the Psychic type gym. Opening turn vs gym trainer's Girafarig. Got hit by stomp. Foresight wasn't used.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Didn't take a screenshot. Was in the Psychic type gym. Opening turn vs gym trainer's Girafarig. Got hit by stomp. Foresight wasn't used.

Perhaps Odor Sleuth was used beforehand - a move also learned in Girafarig's level up list.

I checked and Stomp is correctly labeled as a Normal-type move. Please report back if your Litwick is being hit by other normal-type moves, and then I'll investigate further.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Yeah, and he changed his mind. Things don't always go as planned, deal with it. Besides, it's a good thing; now he can put more time into making Kanlara more enjoyable. You want a sequel that has the same problem as this game itself?

This probably won't sway your opinion but one of your criticisms was for the 1-Demon Pokemon limit. The new update fixes that, big time. I'm at the 7th gym now and with this update, I can have a whole team of Demons if I want to. I want to see if I can get by without any, at least until the end, but yeah.

Compared to at least 70% of the hacks I've played this year (and I played over 100), this is very competently made. The approach to difficulty is just a bit, quirky, for lack of a better term. Once I got over the presence of Legendary Pokemon in gym leader teams, or even a random security guard, it's very much a special experience. Those Legendaries even leave a major imprint in my mind, and I'm bad with memory.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah. Must have used Odor Sleuth and I missed it. Tried recreating it with the school idol's tag team battle on solemn road. My Chandelure was unaffected.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I finished the hack. Here's my team, notice that I didn't use Demon-types.

Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate (21/01/2020 - New Patch Out)

Some thoughts about it.

1. The difficult parts are still difficult. It's been 6 months since my last playthrough and I can't remember if the whole game was difficult. I don't think so, but I can definitely say for this version, that it got easy for a good chunk of it. This was mainly because of being so overleveled for most of the game, and that's thanks to the Lucky Egg. The difficult parts I remember from the last playthrough are still difficult here, including the Champion battle.

2. It took well over a dozen attempts against the Champion. When I finally won, I wasn't happy, it was such a soul-draining effort. At first I was extremely angry, but multiple defeats just numb the pain. Other hacks do that, and sometimes it's based on my own self-imposed rules. I didn't use healing items during battle or those stat boosting items that nobody use. I didn't use a Demon-type, which would've helped a lot, specifically Demon Alakazam and/or Demon Charizard. The Champion uses 5 Demon-types and loves that Full Restore. Nothing made me want to headbutt a mirror more than when the Champion healed that bulky OP beast. You know exactly who I'm talking about. Anyway, my form of challenge in the Pokemon League is masochistic, but I can brag that I didn't need Demon-types...or a full team to finish the game.

3. The bonus content is great and all, but because of how overleveled I got, I easily battled through the bonus trainers without needing to finish the main game. In a sense, this hack still doesn't have a postgame, if you choose to do all that optional stuff relatively early. Even underleveled, I could take out some of the trainers in The Wilds, Nasty Plot Porygon-Z for the win, Swords Dance Excadrill as well. Speaking of my mole friend, he was easily the MVP of the entire hack. Dominating gym leaders, other major trainers, and ultimately beating the last 2 Pokemon in the Champion's team.

4. Furthermore on the bonus content, there's way too much farming that's required to boost your "rep" in that Cursed Isle area. Also, the encounter rate for those ingredients and other items that pertain to Cursed Isle is way too low. To spoil the magic, I could see through G3T that those items occupy the second item slot, which is a 5% encounter rate. Compare that to the first item slot, 50% encounter rate or something. None of those ingredients are that common. I can see where that may attract people to play this for weeks on end, as the incentive is to increase your rep in Cursed Isle and get more special items, but I'm not about that. I cycle through hacks quickly. I made it a point to finish this over the weekend and I succeeded. Also, there's less of a desire to get into this right now because I finished the game, these items would not have helped me because of my self-imposed rules. But that's just me, don't take it too seriously.

5. A rare thing this hack made me do was dedicated EV training. 252 in Special Attack and Speed for my Alakazam, who was the last member of my team. By then, I could fly, had a Macho Brace, had a lot of control on training. You can't have that kind of focused EV training early in the hack. I'm not even sure if it mattered in the end, Alakazam didn't wreck that bulky OP monster in the Champion's team. It did damage it, but then Porygon-Z had to finish it.

6. I forgot how generous this hack is with Legendaries, you can get a strong team of them before the Pokemon League, which would make that challenge more tolerable.

7. Despite being overleveled, I still think it's a bit of a grindy game. That being said, speedup and the grinding options here help a lot.

8. I had a genuine WTF moment with the 6th gym leader. I didn't play Kanlara Remastered, maybe this person used the same team there? Whatever the case, if my beloved Excadrill wasn't such an MVP, I might have raged at the gym leader's Legendary Pokemon.

Anyway, I'm rambling at this point. Overall I enjoyed the hack, the new content certainly extends the experience, even though it doesn't completely match with my preferred speedy playthrough of hacks. If I imposed a level cap for myself, this would've been one of the hardest hacks, maybe ever. If I didn't have a Lucky Egg, it would've been hard as well, there's such a benefit to being overleveled. No matter what, the Champion brings one back down to Earth, being overleveled is not enough for that team, especially that bulky OP spawn of Satan.

Last edited:
    Back