• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your own career

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Have you ever tried to become famous on Youtube to any degree?

Feel free to plug your NON-POKEMON FOCUSED channel here - this thread is now pretty much the only place on these forums where you are allowed to post about your own channel d: But if you plug it, make sure to describe what your niche is; are you a singer? Editing videos for fun? Making art? A gamer? And are you going to try hard for it or are you just casually running a channel?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My content would most likely have been on cooking, with a handful of vlogs thrown in here and there. Though, I know that I won't be putting as much effort into my videos as some if I were an active YouTuber, thus not generating too many followers.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd be making catvideos. But yeah, I wouldn't go all out and make it big tbh; in a way I don't want to be very famous, and youtube is a very personal medium.

Years
  • My hypothetical YouTube channel probably would be too scattered in focus to get big, featuring gameplay videos from my backlog and from the TCGO, plus maybe unboxings of various collectibles and maybe vlogging shopping trips for collectibles. And maybe some vlogs about the TCG and tournaments. Also maybe anime rants.

As you can see, there'd be too many things going on.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I enjoy reaction videos so my channel would also contain reactions on episodes. It would probably also contain blind playthroughs of games, but I don't really have anything specific to show off (maybe my music but I don't need to make a video for that).

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I did, yes. Bought a headset and an ELGATO and was ready to begin with the release of Destiny.

Decided against it because that's an incredibly tough business to get into.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It's something my boyfriend is trying to get a start on, but he needs a bigger room and appropriate equipment. He wants to start a gaming channel.

As for myself, I'd do the same with gaming and all that, but I also want to do travel vlogs, since I do some traveling myself. There's some people out there who get paid to travel the world, and I think that's the best job out there.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Well, I'm actually about to hit 70,000 subscribers on my channel tonight, so I guess I'd say I'm pretty well known XD

As of this post, I'm stuck at 69,994:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ICanSnake

I used to be in an episode review group where we would review and rate Littlest Pet Shop episodes, and I was the video editor. The group did great until some members started verbally insulting and harassing other members, so we had to disband it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've thought about it, honestly. I'm kind of weirdly obsessed with the first decade of the 2000's and honestly I'd love to have a channel where I just review products/games/media and talk about different events that took place in the decade. idk would anyone be interested in that? I think that, further down the years, it would especially be a fun thing. I mean, we're already nearing the end of the 10's and getting nostalgic for the 00's, so it's just going to increase from here, after all.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Only thing I would do would be singing. Having my own channel or page or w/e for singing would be cool. I did consider doing it but never got around to it.

I don't know much gaming wise outside of Pokemon and there's nothing else really interesting I could come up with unfortunately.

Years
  • I did YouTube for a while, playing Minecraft and stuff, I did manage to get like 17k views on a Photoshop tutorial but apart from that I never really got anywhere, it's really oversaturated and really difficult to get famous on.

Back