• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hurting Audino: A necessary evil or abuse?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So a long debated topic in this forum has always been Audino. The kind Pokemon that, if you get it weak enough, will opt to heal you or help you before it ever attacks.

Today I ask you, citizens of 2017 Unova related discussions: Is hurting Audino morally wrong? Have you had any experiences where you've opted to run instead of steal its EXP for your own purposes?

pkmin3033

Nope. If they wanted me to think twice before mercilessly slaughterin Audino to reap the EXP it provides, they shouldn't have given diminished returns in EXP the higher your levels got and thereby made grinding in this game the most unbearably time-consuming chore in the history of the franchise.

Years
  • The XP gold mine that is Audino is too good not to be used, but I would like to apologise to all the Audino I've slayed over the years.

Kartanaheart

Origami King
    Years
  • Back when I was younger and played the gen five games I was mercilessly angry at Audino for always appearing in the shaking grass instead of the rarer Pokemon which I wanted like Emolga or Leavanny, so no, I don't regret it

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nope. If they wanted me to think twice before mercilessly slaughterin Audino to reap the EXP it provides, they shouldn't have given diminished returns in EXP the higher your levels got and thereby made grinding in this game the most unbearably time-consuming chore in the history of the franchise.

But isn't a strong Pokemon determined by the amount of love put in rather than the highest level? :) Therefore XP doesn't matter!

The XP gold mine that is Audino is too good not to be used, but I would like to apologise to all the Audino I've slayed over the years.

Hmmm you could always encourage safe slaughtering of Audino. Like Team Plasma!

Back when I was younger and played the gen five games I was mercilessly angry at Audino for always appearing in the shaking grass instead of the rarer Pokemon which I wanted like Emolga or Leavanny, so no, I don't regret it

Lmao but Audino was cooler! It can't help that it just wants to be loved :)

Sometimes I defeated Audino's for EXPs if I was lucky encountering one (being lazy chasing Audino's and prefer to train in the Sport Station's). In reality I don't like it because Audino is so cute and I prefer capture one just for the cuteness. It's one of my favorite Normal types and I had used it in a Nuzlocke - and my Audino survived to the end. It saved me from Clay's Excadrill thanks to Secret Power (and many healing potions) and I felt very relieved due believing in my Audino - otherwise I would have lost the challenge.

There are different places to train for good EXP and I don't want to hurt Audino's for this sake.

That's a good story :) See if Audino was ugly people wouldn't care. Yay for being cute???

Years
  • I surely remember the times I killed so many Audino in my playthroughs of the Unova games, mostly because I wanted to farm all that EXP out of them, even if it messes up your EVs in that you got way too much HP from them.

But when used in battle, Audino isn't as bad as people think it is. It's bulky and able to take a hit, but it also gets a good amount of interesting moves. It can learn stuff like Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and even Shadow Ball, Psychic and Surf! Being the only 5th Gen Pokemon to get a Mega also made Audino stand out in a way, even if it wasn't the best Mega in battle.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So guys...

If Audino didn't give out EXP but was just as cute...

Would you battle it at all? Or would you run from every battle? Is the EXP the only reason you don't feel bad?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'm guilty of farming Audinos for EXP. They're cute though to be fair, we also have to hurt pokemon like Growlithe in trainer battles and that breaks my heart even more. :( I also feel less bad knowing that Pokemon can only faint, with the exception of the Pokemon cemeteries. If Audino didn't have so much EXP then I'd probably flee the battle though. I feel like farming Audino is just a necessary evil for me as if I didn't, I'd have to spend a lot of extra time defeating even more wild Pokemon.

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
    Years
  • Actually, I always flee when I meet Audino.I always found over level Audino and they always beat me like I'm nothing. And after that, I've trauma and realized how bulky Audino.

Back