• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Delta Emerald (feedback welcome)

Best Title for the Rom Hack?

• Delta Emerald

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Zayin Emerald

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Zeta Emerald

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Beta Emerald

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Firstly, the name's tentative due to possibly conflictions (other hacks, GF trademark), I'd really appreciate it if you voted in the pole.

I've started multiple Rom hacks in the past but eventually I gave up on them. I've decided to redo my latest project in the form of

Pokémon Delta Emerald
    Synopsis:
    25 Years after the events of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire,
    Team Aqua and Team Magma have rekindled their plans to expand
    the sea and land, respectively. Explore your way through the
    ever-changing Hoenn Region, defeat the villainous teams and
    become the ultimate Pokémon Trainer.

• Brand new Playable Characters
    • Battle with Powerful Mega Evolutions
    • New Fairy Type
    • New Moves
    • New mysteries and puzzles to solve
    • New locations, islands and Secret Areas
    • A heavily expanded post-game
    • See how the Hoenn Region has changed over time
    • Discover migrated Pokémon from other Regions
    • Meet brand new characters
    • Travel to the frosty Sinnoh Region for even more adventures
    • Day and Night System (seasonal tilesets to be expected)
    • Catch 'em all!

Things to note:
    - I like to describe this project as a Demake of a game that doesn't exist (Delta Emerald) whilst also being a sequel and Overhaul to the Original Emerald.
    - The game and plot will incorporate elements from Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon OR/AS, The Anime and some additions of my own.
    - Because it's like a Demake and a Sequel, the storyline will be the same at its core.
    - The Sinnoh region will NOT be fully explorable. More details listed further down.
    - I plan on adding extensive side-quests parallel to the main quest as well as Post-game.
    - Realistically aged characters, some gyms have changed, some leaders have been replaced, some characters have aged.
    - Expect to see Brendan and May (That's all I'm saying, you'll want to avoid spoilers for this).
    - There are numerous Legendary Events Post-game but most will require long quests or at least some form of prerequisite.
    - Until an expanded Pokédex Rombase for emerald is released, expect new/migrated Pokémon to replace older ones. Most Hoenn Pokémon are intact except a few I dislike.
    - Mega Evolutions will work as reversible standard Evolutions (expect lower stats) unless someone finds a better method.
    - Xerneas, Yveltal and possibly Giratina are the only new Pokémon (Although Giratina would replace Latias).
    - Trade evolutions will still be kept as most mobile emulators now support it. In-game trades will be available for all of them regardless.

New Locations:
    -
    Some geographic changes have occurred after the original games, much of this caused by Team Aqua/Magma awakening Kyogre/Groudon in RSE.
    - New sea routes (because you all love them) have been added near the Battle Frontier, connecting the nearby islands.
    - Journey to the far away Christmas Island, Fusillade Island and Withering Island, where the Legendary Birds Reside. Each ferry port will take you to a different one.
    - Many Animé-exclusive locations will be added although their locations may not all be the same.
    - Explore the large Izabe Island and humble Riyado Town (location different from anime)
    - Many of the new areas replace the mirage spots from ORAS, although many also require events.
    - The grand LaRousse City makes it's in-game debut and gives access to a new ferry port.
    - Expansive new tilesets to give more varied environments. Snowy mountains, Snowy Plains, Flowery islands, Boggy Marsh and more!

Sinnoh:
    - Arrive at Snowpoint City by ferry
    - Snowpoint City, Acuity Lakefront, Route 217, Route 216, Mt. Coronet, Route 211, Eterna City, Celestic Town are traversable
    - Acuity Lake requires Rock Climb and Route 210 requires Defog. None of these are available.
    - Route 205 is blocked by Maintenance Crew
    - Still contemplating whether to make Route 206 (cycling road) available.
    - South Mt. Coronet is still blocked by a Strength Boulder (no changes from Platinum)
    - Regi questline required to travel to Sinnoh
    - Will look into possibility of making map-dependant evolutions for Ice Rock (Glaceon) and Mt. Coronet.

Currently:
    - Planning and developing storylines, characters, events, etc.
    - Spriting trainers, Pokemon, maps, etc.
    - Building up resources in case any new Emerald developments occur
    - Waiting for MrDS's Emerald Rombase
    - Trying to develop ASM/Scripting knowledge (if anyone wants to co-produce the hack to help with these then the post may be open in the future, PM if interested)

Trainers:
    Spoiler:

[Tentative] Sprites:
    b3460a0fe3cbcf4929ed31fc4686e07b-d8cfdmv.png

*Created entirely by me but based off existing sprite which only exists online in JPEG form
    Fakémon will be optional, possibly in a second version.
    pok__mon_by_eternalreflux-d8cfynr.gif

I'm not currently looking for help.

Last edited:

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • This seems like a good idea! I would like to explore Hoenn after 25 years! But will we be able to capture a few Ice-Type Pokemon from Sinnoh since we're going to that general area!

Years
  • This seems like a good idea! I would like to explore Hoenn after 25 years! But will we be able to capture a few Ice-Type Pokemon from Sinnoh since we're going to that general area!

Yes, the main reason for including parts of Sinnoh was to expand the wild Pokémon, especially for the Ice-types (and a certain temple). The Gen 4-6 pokémon I will add are there specifically to even out the amount of each type.

Years
  • Name is Trademarked by game freak
    Does that really apply to ROM hacks?
    I think Copyright infringement would apply to every single ROM hack which uses tiles from other Pokémon games so I don't think it matters too much since most major hacks use tiles from HG/SS/Pt/BW.

But in terms of trademarks, I'm also fairly certain that this hack would be be considered non-commercial and fair use? It's unlikely that they'll even use "Delta Emerald"

In any case, What do you think of the name "Emerald Extended", "Emerald Reloaded" or "Zeta Emerald", "Beta Emerald", "Gamma Emerald" or even "Theta Emerald"?
    Could use "Zayin Emerald" as the hebrew relates to the three Regis? I'll put it to a poll.

It's a tentative name anyway. At least, until I actually make a proper thread for it in Progressing Hacks (I think that's right)
    Thanks for the heads up :)

Last edited:

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Personally I think l emerald epsilon sounds good
    Copyrighting doesn't apply but I means Nintendo are making delta emerald you can't copywrite nothingness and it is very odd to have a hack named after a main series game /remake

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I like the idea of events taking place in Hoenn 25 years later. As for the name out of the list, I'd say Zeta Emerald would probably sound best IMO.

Years
  • Yeah, I agree with Zehn I would probably ditch Pokemon Delta Emerald for a new name since you're better off not getting into any trouble. Also will you be creating new sprites for May/Brendan since this is 25 years later and if they began their journey when they were 10 they're now 35 years old?
    And I see you're wondering whether to wait for MrDollSteak's rom base or not and honestly wait. Develop your story, make your sprites, learn how to script better, possibly learn how to code ASM, and once the patch comes out you'll be ready. Also if you do start hacking your rom befoe the patch, then you probably won't be able to use the patch since MrDollSteak has said:
    This base IS NOT compatible with hacks that are in progress.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Pretty solid idea, wish you luck in it, but one thing..
    How is Drake still alive? O.o

Years
  • Pretty solid idea, wish you luck in it, but one thing..
    How is Drake still alive? O.o

Ah, there is a reason for that... And that reason is that Drake is a bad*** (is that language allowed here? lol). You wont notice unless you look closely but on the sprite you'll see a scar on his chest from a heart operation. I was thinking his line before entering battle would be "Even a stroke couldn't stop me from battling!".

He still got demoted to the first of Elite 4 though, not quite as strong as he used to be.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Firstly, the name's tentative due to possibly conflictions (other hacks, GF trademark), I'd really appreciate it if you voted in the pole.

I've started multiple Rom hacks in the past but eventually I gave up on them. I've decided to redo my latest project in the form of

Pokémon Delta Emerald
    Synopsis:
    25 Years after the events of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire,
    Team Aqua and Team Magma have rekindled their plans to expand
    the sea and land, respectively. Explore your way through the
    ever-changing Hoenn Region, defeat the villainous teams and
    become the ultimate Pokémon Trainer.

• Brand new Playable Characters
    • Battle with Powerful Mega Evolutions
    • New Fairy Type
    • New Moves
    • New mysteries and puzzles to solve
    • New locations, islands and Secret Areas
    • A heavily expanded post-game
    • See how the Hoenn Region has changed over time
    • Discover migrated Pokémon from other Regions
    • Meet brand new characters
    • Travel to the frosty Sinnoh Region for even more adventures
    • Day and Night System (seasonal tilesets to be expected)
    • Catch 'em all!

Things to note:
    - I like to describe this project as a Demake of a game that doesn't exist (Delta Emerald) whilst also being a sequel and Overhaul to the Original Emerald.
    - The game and plot will incorporate elements from Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon OR/AS, The Anime and some additions of my own.
    - Because it's like a Demake and a Sequel, the storyline will be the same at its core.
    - The Sinnoh region will NOT be fully explorable. More details listed further down.
    - I plan on adding extensive side-quests parallel to the main quest as well as Post-game.
    - Realistically aged characters, some gyms have changed, some leaders have been replaced, some characters have aged.
    - Expect to see Brendan and May (That's all I'm saying, you'll want to avoid spoilers for this).
    - There are numerous Legendary Events Post-game but most will require long quests or at least some form of prerequisite.
    - Until an expanded Pokédex Rombase for emerald is released, expect new/migrated Pokémon to replace older ones. Most Hoenn Pokémon are intact except a few I dislike.
    - Mega Evolutions will work as reversible standard Evolutions (expect lower stats) unless someone finds a better method.
    - Xerneas, Yveltal and possibly Giratina are the only new Pokémon (Although Giratina would replace Latias).
    - Trade evolutions will still be kept as most mobile emulators now support it. In-game trades will be available for all of them regardless.

New Locations:
    -
    Some geographic changes have occurred after the original games, much of this caused by Team Aqua/Magma awakening Kyogre/Groudon in RSE.
    - New sea routes (because you all love them) have been added near the Battle Frontier, connecting the nearby islands.
    - Journey to the far away Christmas Island, Fusillade Island and Withering Island, where the Legendary Birds Reside. Each ferry port will take you to a different one.
    - Many Animé-exclusive locations will be added although their locations may not all be the same.
    - Explore the large Izabe Island and humble Riyado Town (location different from anime)
    - Many of the new areas replace the mirage spots from ORAS, although many also require events.
    - The grand LaRousse City makes it's in-game debut and gives access to a new ferry port.
    - Expansive new tilesets to give more varied environments. Snowy mountains, Snowy Plains, Flowery islands, Boggy Marsh and more!

Sinnoh:
    - Arrive at Snowpoint City by ferry
    - Snowpoint City, Acuity Lakefront, Route 217, Route 216, Mt. Coronet, Route 211, Eterna City, Celestic Town are traversable
    - Acuity Lake requires Rock Climb and Route 210 requires Defog. None of these are available.
    - Route 205 is blocked by Maintenance Crew
    - Still contemplating whether to make Route 206 (cycling road) available.
    - South Mt. Coronet is still blocked by a Strength Boulder (no changes from Platinum)
    - Regi questline required to travel to Sinnoh
    - Will look into possibility of making map-dependant evolutions for Ice Rock (Glaceon) and Mt. Coronet.

Currently:
    - Planning and developing storylines, characters, events, etc.
    - Spriting trainers, Pokemon, maps, etc.
    - Building up resources in case any new Emerald developments occur
    - Wondering whether to wait for MrDS's Rombase
    - Trying to develop ASM knowledge

Trainers:
    Spoiler:

[Tentative] Sprites:
    b3460a0fe3cbcf4929ed31fc4686e07b-d8cfdmv.png

*Created entirely by me but based off existing sprite which only exists online in JPEG form
    Fakémon will be optional, possibly in a second version.
    pok__mon_by_eternalreflux-d8cfynr.gif

I'm not looking for any help with this although ASM is my Achilles' Heel if anyone wants to help further down the line.

Good luck dude... if you need some of my 4th gen style Hoenn Resources (Sprites,Tiles and such) Gimme A PM.

StynaMN

I make music.
    Years
  • Haha, I'm doing a ROM hack of FireRed and was originally going to name it DeltaEmerald as well! I decided to change it to Epsilon Version because if there's any chance I'm infringing on Nintendo's right to the title I don't have the kind of money to pay for a lawsuit^^

Good luck with the hack: I like your ideas, and the changes you're implementing! I've had fun with the the D&N/S system recently as well, and can't wait to see how you include seasons.

Years
  • That was an oversight. I'm relying on patches so Yes, the P/S Split should be there. As well as all the other stuff you can normally expect - Decap and such, that I forgot to mention.

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
  • I'm new to pokecommunity and if you want help with writing the story, message me. my english is pretty okay and you can come to me for grammatical errors and whatever plus I really want to write storylines for games and such. :)

Years
  • I'm new to pokecommunity and if you want help with writing the story, message me. my english is pretty okay and you can come to me for grammatical errors and whatever plus I really want to write storylines for games and such. :)

I'll bare that in mind, thanks. I'm not looking for any help writing storylines since that's something I'm fairly contempt at (or at least, I think so). But I am really pushing for a more open-world type game so there's bound to be a few side-quests/storylines that I can send your way if you'd like. At the moment I'm focusing on graphics, tiles and maps, since I'm holding out for new features that are developed (such as true mega evolution that Touched is working on) so I don't have to worry about needing to start over. I have a comprehensive storyline already but if you're really keen, PM me and I can share the storylines I've got and you can work something around that if you wish!

Good idea! But,has Brendan got married?

That is safe to assume. But I think I'm going to withhold all information on characters such as Brendan, May, etc. and let the player discover those things in game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back