• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uganda passes infamous "Kill the Gays" bill as a "Christmas gift to the nation"

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    "Christmas gift to the nation" Wow that's sick and wrong. Killing people just for being gay is very barbaric, uncivilized and wrong in my opinion.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • The Speaker of the Ugandan Parliament announced that the infamous "Kill the Gays Bill" will come as a "Christmas gift to the nation" this year. The bill will make the crime of "aggravated homosexuality" (which is being convicted of homosexuality more than once) punishable by death.

https://www.queerty.com/for-christm...inally-get-their-kill-the-gays-bill-20121113/

Religion at its finest folks. Prime example of Religious Indoctrination that has gone way to far.

Before you say this isn't about Religion, pay attention. It's the Christian Clerics who are wanting this passed as a Christmas gift.

Hell of a way to celebrate Christmas though. Something tells me that Jesus wouldn't want the blood of innocents as a birthday present.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't understand this article. First it says that the Speaker said "the bill, which originally prescribed the death penalty for certain homosexual acts, will become law this year", but the AP article quote says "The speaker then promised to consider the bill within two weeks", not pass it. Is there a big difference between politics in Uganda and politics in the US that is making this confusing?

Years
  • and this is why some places need a "Refresh" button. I can't say what they should or shouldn't do... it is their country after all. But I can say that this is pretty disturbing. We're all just people, love is love etc.
    The killing of people for expressing their feelings towards each other is sickening really...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Killing people because of their sexuality? Really?
    It's not like if they chose to be gay, they were born like that.
    That's pretty much barbaric. I could probably bet that in the middle age, they didn't even do these kind of stuffs.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Just a little context, BBC says the death penalty clause is to be dropped.

Still horrendous though. But not entirely surprising. Homosexuality or not. This is Uganda. Mass killings for any number of reasons aren't actually unheard of there. So, wouldn't put it passed them

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    This is a prime of example of why there is to be separation of church state. While I do not deny their ability to hate people of other sexuality... I simply profess the belief that they should do it walled up in their buildings with their supporters. They can preach and teach whatever they want... but there must be an end in putting such theories to practice when it infringes upon the rights of others. That being said... this isn't America. They don't have the same liberties and protections that are fundamental to American political thought. And without those... it's much more pertinent to argue against the mass killing of people simply for being people, regardless of such things as sexuality. I imagine they'd sooner acquit a person than a homosexual. So by that conclusion... it'd be in the best interest to argue them as valued human lives as opposed to arguing for their right of sexuality.

Back