• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Breonna Taylor #SayHerName ARRESTS MADE!

Years
  • What I have researched is that 12 neighbors who were in the apartment building on the night of the shooting said that the police did not identify themselves as officers as they made their entry. This is relevant because you cannot be expected to know that a plain-clothed person is a police officer if they don't tell you. I think this sounds consistent with Breonna's boyfriend testimony. He called 911 for help, crying that someone had broken in and killed his girlfriend. You wouldn't call the cops if you knew that they were ones doing this.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/national...mselves-in-breonna-taylor-raid-attorneys-say/

I am not sure if this attorney general even presented testimony from all of the witnesses during this farce since he clearly wanted to protect the police. He did produce 1 witness who was used to buttress the story of the police, claiming that they actually did announce themselves as officers. However, this was not what the very same witness Aarin Sarpee originally said. When he was first interviewed by an investigative team a week after after Breonna was killed he stated like everyone else that the police never identified themselves. However, months later he changed his story to exactly the opposite of what he previously said, and now says that he heard them say, 'This is the cops.'

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bv8qyd/breonna-taylor-investigation-witness-changes-story

I believe the truckload of witnesses against the police in this instance over the single flip-flopping witness who testified for the police.

Years
  • There were major new developments this week that may finally mean some justice for Breonna Taylor, and her loved ones. I considered making a new thread for discussion, but thought it could provide more context to those who perhaps hadn't followed what happened over the past few years to update this topic. It's been a long journey to get to this point.

Previously the Kentucky state Attorney General refused to bring forward any criminal charges related to Breonna Taylor's death in a decision that sparked public criticism, protest and outrage. Only one officer Brett Hankinson was charged, and with a lesser offense of endangerment for Breonna's neighbors, not her, and he was acquitted.

I honestly didn't expect that anything more would happen to the police who killed Breonna. However, the federal government began an investigation of their own into the violation of Breonna Taylor's rights, and Attorney General Merrit Garland announced Thursday evening that his Department of Justice has charged the 4 Louisville Metro Police Department all with federal crimes for Breonna Taylor's death. The officers Brett Hankinson, Joshua Jaynes, Kelly Goodlett and Kyle Meany have been arrested.

They not only killed an innocent, unarmed woman asleep in her bed, but the feds assert that they fabricated the "evidence" they used to sneak into her home. Specifically, Jaynes and Meany concocted the story that Breonna had received packages from an ex who was suspected of drug crimes. This was not true, they knew this from the beginning, and on the basis of the lies they told, a warrant was issued to them wrongfully to the raid, where they killed her wrongfully. After Breonna was shot to death in the home invasion the indictments says that officers met secretly in a garage after Breonna was killed, to work out a false story to give. Goodlett allegedly worked with Jaynes to falsify the warrant affidavit for Taylor's home, and then file a false report to cover up that false affidavit. In addition to the charges of excessive force used against Breonna, her boyfriend and everyone in the vicinity with intent to kill, there are charges of conspiracy, obstruction of justice and lying to investigators.

They may sound like technicalities, but these are weighty charges that could put them away forever. This is copied from the department of Justice's website. All of the civil rights charges involve alleged violations of Title 18, United States Code, Section 242, which makes it a crime for an official acting under color of law — meaning an official who is using or abusing authority given to that person by the government — to willfully violate a person's constitutional rights. A violation of this statute carries a statutory maximum sentence of life imprisonment where the violation results in death or involves an attempt to kill. The obstruction counts charged in the indictments carry a statutory maximum sentence of 20 years; and the conspiracy counts carry a statutory maximum sentence of five years, as does the false-statements charge.

There's more, the DOJ has a seperate investigation ongoing into the pattern and practice of the Louisville police. Nobody believes that they haven't done corrupt things like this before, and they want to see what other human rights violations and crimes over the years the police may have committed against people and suppressed.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/23293923/breonna-taylor-police-charged-justice-department

Years
  • This was on the news! They lied about her receiving illegal drugs and FORGED an arrest warrant to enter the apartment.
    This is straight up intentional evil. How on earth do people do things like this?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Can't say I expected there to be further developments on this one, I thought that it was over when the settlement was made and the one guy was acquitted. Hopefully they get convicted, though I'm not optimistic that they will.

Even if they are, there's little reason to believe that this country will do anything meaningful to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

Back