• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Emerald DLC

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Hey. So, I'm an avid Emerald hacker, and I'm also the creator of both Theta Emerald and Theta Emerald EX. I haven't been hacking too often lately, as alot of things have happened in terms of real life. However, recently I've been thinking about getting back into it. No I'm not going to make a hack with gen 7, but I thought about something completely different. An Emerald hack with not many new Pokemon, except forms, Alolan Forms, Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion forms, and cross-gen evolutions of gen 1-3 Pokemon. The one big new feature will be the Kanto region as a second region to go to after beating the main story of Emerald. This idea was once a thing a little while ago with these videos showcased one time:
Spoiler:

I've tried to redo this many times, more specifically learn how to add new tilesets and not replace any currently in the game...however, let's just say Advance Map is not the best tool anymore. Unless I'm missing something, or if there's a better tool I haven't heard of. I know it's only been a few months but hey, big things can happen within a few months right? So, if it's okay, I'd love to hear anyone's input or thoughts on this project. That, or if I could make a team to help me with this.

Years
You should do it! Although I think you should remember that RSE and FR/LG have different art styles. You don't really need to lift every tile from FR, you only really need the buildings. The DLC should be consistent in style with the main game. Personally, the videos you posted have a bit of that uncanny valley effect going on.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Nice idea! Some few suggestions though:

• Use Gen. 4 Kanto (needs some custom FRLG-style tilesets of new buildings though) for a total Kanto experience and features (Rotom room, Deoxys meteorites, etc.)... Retain Route 23 of Gen. 3 though since it is missing from Gen. 4...
  • Leftmost parts of Route 27/Tohjo Falls and Route 28 are blocked...

Back