• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Streaming

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I feel like Yahoo View is a hidden gem in this department; not many people are aware of it, but they provide a ton of good content, all free of charge. Currently, I'm watching Agents of SHIELD and Gotham with them. I have access to Prime Video also, but it's been a while since I've last used it for anything.

What streaming services do rest of us use?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Prime Video = Amazon Prime?

I use Netflix, exclusively. It's got so much good stuff that I don't need more; for movies these days I just go to the cinema, or find old gems in Netflix' library.

Notable exception is Game of Thrones haha... I almost got HBO just to be able to watch that o:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    A lot of these services are US-exclusive so that's a bummer. :( Aside from Netflix, HBO, and some other services there isn't much around here. Though there is a big collection of movies and series to watch these days, none of these are free.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I also just use Netflix myself. I've been wanting Hulu and Funimation for the longest time, but it's something we can't afford atm. I want to get back into anime without having to watch it illegally all the time. You know, to support the voice actors and such. I also feel like Hullu has a lot more than what Netflix does as well.

Years
  • I use Crunchyroll, Hulu, Netflix, Anime Strike (so Prime Video as well), and Funimation for streaming currently. Thinking about dropping Netflix for a bit after I watch what they have of Little Witch Academia, though I may also start into Archer on that.

I feel like Yahoo View is a hidden gem in this department; not many people are aware of it, but they provide a ton of good content, all free of charge. Currently, I'm watching Agents of SHIELD and Gotham with them. I have access to Prime Video also, but it's been a while since I've last used it for anything.

I mean, Yahoo View is basically just what the free version of Hulu was before Hulu scrapped that. Yahoo View even uses Hulu's library and hosting services.

Years
  • Why's that? Could it be taking up too much of your time?

Partially because I hate streaming and can obtain the same content by illegal downloading.

Also because a large amount of the shows that Netflix produce are just awful. Imagine giving money to people producing orange is the new black. Mostly this.

It's convenient for watching comfy old nature documentaries before bed though so yeah.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    im strapped w/ netflix, hulu, and crunchyroll on my devices and honestly? its worth it

Back