• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

l i t a n y :: a song of worlds. [PG-16, OOC / Sign-Up Thread]

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
I edited in a bit of church background, but could I get a little information regarding to the churches and faith? Is it similar to any religions in our world, or? Also, so does that mean I increase Crea's wisdom from 16-18 or 16-17 (since two points are required to up a point after 14)?

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
@Loki

I'm not OP, but my understanding is that it's the Helvan Empire, and so the Helvan Army, and then the people are Helvans. Similarly to how the Ottoman Empire had the Ottoman Army and the people were Ottomans. I think Helvenand is just the name for the geographical region itself?

I apologize if I've misunderstood, there's a lot of information here (which is a good thing!!). ^-^""

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Name
Viticari Nym

About 700, although physically takes on the form of an older teenager.

Personality
Viticari was once a man of great optimism and happiness, but due to his history, grew very distant and emotionally unstable. He's a bit like an abused dog.
Saying Viticari is skeptical and unenthusiastic is like saying a fish kind of likes water. Viticari is a very haunted man, his thoughts usually wrapping him in a fit of general pessimism and latent sadness. The years have made him very harsh, bitter, and critical of the world and its people. He is very sarcastic when he wants to be, and he just wants to be left alone. He's not independent per se, but he's not particularly a follower either, but kind of just goes along with whatever the wind pushes towards. He has no real sense of morality anymore, and just does things if he feels like it or he can't see a downside to. He usually just follows orders he is given so he can save himself the trouble of conflict.
Although he seems indifferent some of the time, it's just because he's usually only feeling one emotion: given up. In truth, he's very moody. His mood changes on a whim and he can be varying degrees of socially difficult at any given moment. He is set off by many an emotional stimulus, but a lot of his feelings are internal and he doesn't want to nor know how to express them. So they bubble up, and cause him to be very passive-aggressive. This causes others to be easily confused and give up on him, or just not talk with him. However, it has been shown he is more receptive to those who treat him with kindness.
Viticari has shown to be highly intelligent. He is quick to correct someone and explains himself easily. He learns with ease and never forgets things, making him an asset when it comes to acquiring and remembering information. He is cunning and clever and can easily make plans in seconds, or points out flaws in others. He reads people well, and knows how they function. He did govern souls and was in charge of understanding them for a good portion of his life, after all.
In battle, he's very self-defensive. If he is traveling by himself, he will never initiate an attack, but quickly wrap things up if the monster or person persists. In groups, he's very much a supporter role; making sure that those along with him are well, so that he himself doesn't have to take up an offensive role. But whatever position benefits the group most he will be alright to take.

Appearance
Viticari, as stated in his age, resembles a young man of perhaps eighteen, nineteen, or maybe twenty years at most. He looks to be the pinnacle of health and fertility; and as such his body is lean and does seem to have a good muscle tone to it. But in truth, it's all very aesthetic; even if he has physical potential, he doesn't know how to use it nor desires to. His body is also harry and his skin is a light shade of brown; making him racially ambiguous, he could pass for either a Caucasian man with a deep tan or a Hispanic man with light features. Height wise, he's not all that spectacular, but is decently above average; perhaps 5"10.
His face is shaped sharply, his jaw and protruded nose being a very defining feature. Although he manages to soften his basic form with a thick, shaggy mop of jet black hair and a beard of this fashion: Link. His eyes a bold shade of viridian with speckles of darker viridian in them.
His body is very mysteriously crafted, although it is physical and can wear clothing; he lacks the sensation of touch and subtle basic elements that are required to fully be human. He is more sensitive to the elements and temperature. Viticari carries himself humorless but relaxed, his posture isn't perfect but it's far from being horrible. He tends to be more comfortable with his arms swinging close by his sides, and always holds his hands together and puts one leg on top of the other when sitting.

His current incarnation is indeed, in a sense, ageless. His appearance is not a matter of age, but health. The reason he takes the appearance he does is because it's to represent a man at his peak of health and activity, Age is a matter of association to the examiner of his body. When his health is low, his form changes to represent his poor health, and yes, it is possible for him to die. His form now may be immortal in a sense that if unaffected, he will live forever and retain his appearance, however, the similarity and formulaic structure of his body does entail death if he is attacked. That's why is he is attacked, he must fight back.

Clothing wise, he enjoys wearing his red robes. A lovely shade of scarlet, Viticari never seems to take off these robes, which he also fastens to his body with two crossed black sash-like belts on his torso. On these belts are tiny pocket for carrying small items when necessary. The material on the robes is very strange, because although Viticari claims to be perfectly comfortable, it feels very scratchy like that of sandpaper. This kind of material annoys people that touch him, making it undesirable to give physical affection to him. The robes reach to the ground and don't allow his feet to be seen; and the sleeves are very large and baggy, having his fingers the only part of his hands to show if he dangles his arms perfectly straight. He has a large hood as well that he wears a lot of the time unless it's very hot.
When Viticari decreases in health, his appearance gradually and radically shifts. His skin becomes a sickly kind of tan and he develops wrinkles, his apparent muscle tone diminishes and he instead becomes bony, he develops bags under his eyes which they themselves grow larger and become bloodshot, he develops a bit of a hunch, and he also begins to shake as if his bones are brittle.

Background
Although most would guess he's just some mysterious mage-like figure with no real substantial back story for the possible eerie first impression he gives, Viticari does have a background no one would expect.
A bit over seven hundred years ago, Viticari was once one of the Ultia Sprites, a small group of gods and goddesses who ruled over benevolently those who believed in them. He was born from his mother, the grand goddess Ultia, as the youngest of the sprites. He was the sprite of rebirth, who governed souls and made them reincarnate into a living form they desired.
The religion they were celebrated from was one of strict pacifism and love, one of which "love thy neighbor" was a large principle. It was fairly large number of followers in the tribe it was founded in and celebrated in, the Nym tribe, until a war forgotten by most of today's people had erupted when Viticari was still very young. Helpless and with no real mentality to guide their people to fight back, many of those who believed in them were easy targets and died, and those who remained living refused to believe they existed anymore because they didn't "stop this from happening." Even the souls they had received drifted away from their hold because they criticized the sprites' action.
With no one believing in them anymore, the sprites began to wither and die. Viticari, being the youngest, was the slowest in his death, having to witness his mother and siblings die as they struggled to find a way to save themselves and gain the support of the people. None of them could do anything about their deaths, not even Viticari, because their souls could not be brought back. When his last sibling died and all their attempts at revival failed, Viticari used whatever power he could muster and made himself be reborn into a different kind of being. This being he made himself to be was only partially mortal, so that it would be substantial enough to exist on the realm of mortals, but also not be tied to said world or be stuck with its mortality. However, he lost his past powers of being able to reincarnate souls.
His body was fairly unstable in this state; it was like that of mist or smoke, but Viticari found a way to train this weakness into a skill using the mortals' magic. He has used it to become weightless and very swift, and many of his abilities and powers are based upon smoke-like sublimation attacks. His powers very much focus on confusing and tiring the enemy rather than big blows.
After his rebirth, he found himself drifting through city to city, just training his talents and doing odd jobs to get money and survive off what he needed. He lived a life like that of a phantom; silently observing the people who not only seem to constantly be born and grow up, but constantly wither and die. He never really fit in anywhere, and many thought of him as just wandering poor when they glanced him. For this, he was treated as many of the poor were- that is, poorly. Years passed by him with little activity; and the more years passed by, the more they darkened his eyes from the optimism he once had. His past life and glory would never be restored. His family was dead. He was a soul pretending to be mortal. He was alone. He was like this this for many a century, more specifically, since he had to rebirth himself, so a bit over six hundred years.
When the monarchy began a draft (well, this time's version of a draft) for the Helvan-Perinthian war, a group of recruiters looking for men were ordered to take the poor off the streets and put them to work in the forces. Being mistaken for poor, Viticari was sent to battle. He was unenthusiastic and wasn't really that keen on following orders, but his abilities in magic made the forces hold onto him. They taught him always to defend himself, and when they sent him into battle, he only really reacted when someone attacked him. He couldn't care less, and seeing thousands dead and being unable to do anything about their souls bothered him greatly.
After the war's end, his superiors didn't find much use for him anymore, and since he was a "poor," it was better to keep using him for small jobs until he died or something. They assigned him to work and linger around an area near the recently fallen capital of Tyrovion to monitor bandit activity. There he made an acquaintanceship with a barkeep in a small, run down bar and inn for travelers and sailors. Feeling sorry for Viticari, the barkeep, Mulioin, opened one of his rooms and his place of business as a sort of home for Viticari. Liking having a place to sleep at night, Viticari stayed. His has been going on for the last month or so.

Legend
First Choice / Ciefe, Reticent Shadow
Second Choice / Arianne, Exhaulted Muse

(Whatever's free but these two would probably work best.)

Statistics
Strength - 8
Dexterity - 15
Constitution - 12
Intelligence - 16
Wisdom - 14
Charisma - 12

Abilities
Major Arcana (3) [Bonus; Minor Brilliance], Minor Swiftness (1)
Primary Magic: Illusion
Secondary Magic: Conjuration, Evocation

Tertiary Magic: Abjuration, Transmutation

As stated in his Background, Viticari's attacks are very much based off the use of Arcana magic mixed in with the type of being he is, causing a lot to his attacks and powers to be sublimation-like in nature. Meaning, he uses the fact that his body is like smoke and air to his advantage.

Roleplay Sample
Link

Last edited:

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
@Loki: It's as rufflestiltskin says and as you say as well - Helvan is the genitive form of Helvenand. Think of it as the relationship between Rome and the Roman Empire (the Roman people and army and so on).

@parallelzero: You increase to 18, since you're not actually investing any points - just increasing a statistic by a flat amount. Also, for stuff about the church of St. Elendra, take a look at the nation of Teucrion, the one and only theocracy for now; I'll write up some extra supplementary information if you give me a bit of time.

@Kiyoshi the Polar Bear: Very interesting idea, though I would like to make one amendment - you have to be extraplanar. ... Which of course doesn't change anything that you need to change. I have a few questions, though... Is his current incarnation ageless? Is it possible for him to die? What facets of mortality does he possess now?

... Also you have too much Int, since you can't allocate more than 10 points into a single statistic (which increases to 16). :I

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
@Cirrus

Oh I'm so glad I understood. ^-^ Also, I hate to be a bother, but is Pesca approved? If not, can you recommend me anything to change..?

Cirrus

Years
@rufflestiltskin: Your sign-up is perfectly good, actually ... so since nobody else is even interested in your spot, I will note your acceptance as well (and update the main post).

Last edited:

Username_9138

Wow. Can you spell competition? Kidding, kidding. Good luck everyone! ;)

Just keep an eye out for the rest of my SU, okay? I'm only putting in the major details (Name, etc.) and RP Sample (which I'm writing as we speak). Wish me luck! And please do consider. Done! I'm really hoping that no one's feelings will be hurt when I win. XD No, again, I kid. Really.

Name: Brennan Elizaar Elivayne

Personality: Brennan is a cold calculator, much like Theseus of the Greek myths. He has, for as long as anyone can remember, been one for solitude and altogether asocial. He does things his way, quick and efficient, not wasting a second on anything but his main goal. He is one to live and let live, not really caring what others do with their time so long as it does no harm to him or his loved ones; however, he views unreasonable dishonesty and trecheary as heinous injustices and will see to it that the old saying does not go unheaded--an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.

That is not to say that Brennan is a jerk to everyone. His family and their friends (who by extension are his own--and only--friends) are the most precious things in the world to him, and he would do anything to see them happy and healthy. In social situations, however, as said before, he isn't the most...eloquent bard of the college. He often uses sarcasm as a defense mechanism or just to be smart with someone. He likes playing mind games with people and watching how they react, always studying, learning about other people.

To the surprise of many, though, he is quite bright and capable of great mental feats. He loves a good book to curl up with--one night, maybe an epic of the great heroes of the past, then the next evening a mathematics textbook, watching endless equations dance before his eyes and stun himself with his own accuracy. And finally, the next morning, let breakfast settle over a good set of ruminations on the religions of the present and past day. He also enjoys to sing, in a voice not unlike the chirping of a songbird; high, sweet and pure. He often likes to sing for his family (but only after minutes of begging), and even moreso and eagerly for his father's best friend's son (Brennan's own best friend).

Appearance: Brennan stands short at age seventeen, barely reaching past his mother's own crown of golden locks. He looks more youthful, and somewhat feminine, with close-set shoulders, straight, shoulder-length, blindingly blond hair with bangs pouring into his eyes, a button nose, and round, storm-grey eyes. His lips are drawn thin and he has full, alluring eyelashes. His ears are medium-large yet gracefully curvy at the sides of his head. He has high, jutting cheekbones that somehow pull his face together as somewhat of a sharp, feirce cat.

His neck is short and slender, with a prominent collarbone not inches below. His shoulders draw down to twigs of arms, bony and thin, and covered in a thin sheen of stark white hair. His hands are small and deft, with long, graceful and dexterous fingers. His torso is long and filled, not stuffed with muscles or defined by any means, but hard and smooth from years of various physical jobs. His waist is a little wide and bony, but not so much to draw any attention. His legs are long with spidery grace, and small feet sit at the ends, big toes frilling the edges of their smooth overside skin. He often walks around barefoot, as he feels shoes are restraining and socks annoy him. Sandals are what he prefers, but he hates how they rub his feet. So he goes without shoes a lot.

Brennan's wardrobe consists of three different outfits:
-A formal outfit. This consists of a black silk shirt under a white jacket with a short fron and long coattails and golden trim. He wears a silver waistcoat with this sometimes. The pants are also black silk, with gleaming silver-colored loafers. There is an elegant silver and jade circlet that he sometimes wears with this outfit.
-Everyday clothes. This includes a billowing beige tunic with a seafoam ribbon at the collar, black slacks and padded leather sandals.
-Outing garb. He wears an olive, sleeveless tunic with loose, earth-toned cotton leggings reaching to the middle of his calfs, where they draw closed and tight around them. Hanging from his neck is what appears to be a scarf at first glance, but is actually a black lace cape bearing his family's emblem, a raven, in silver. He wears supple leather fingerless gauntlets and boots reaching just below where his pants end, all of which have long since molded to to his figure.

Background: Brennan was born in Calis to a Calian father, John Heath Elivayne, and a Salantirian noblwomamnamed Elise Kilgredth. Elise had met John when she traveled to Calis to gather fine silks for herself and her family back in Estaren, and had quickly fallen in love with the strapping young owner of the Elivayne Raiments, a clothing, sundry and fabric shop in the downtown. He was raised by his mother while his father was off to tend the shop, so he grew very close to his mother. She would lose patience with him when he played his little games with people's heads or didn't act how a proper boy should, but she would never stay mad, as he was her whole world. He soon started to sing, but it was while his mother was out tending the shop while his father was meeting with an important customer about a major order. The maids were cleaning the dining room, when they heard a sudden gush of wonderful singing. It was coming from the young master's room, but they quickly dismissed the idea that he ws singing, and started to wonder who it was that the young Brennan had sneaked in. After a while, the first maid that had heard the singing opened his door while all wss silent in the hose and saw the young boy asleep on the bed at high noon, his hand on his chest and his chest rising and falling slowly. He awoke as the maid walked in to clean and waved a silent hello in the mirror. The maid inquired about the singing and got her answer--Brennan started to tell of tales grand and noble. His voice was honey in her ears and soon all of the other maids had come to clean his large and apparently filthy room as he went about his business reading and writing and staying out of the way, but in earshot.

Brennan spent the next few years being showcased at fine dinner parties and business gatherings, singing for his mother's friends and his father's superiors and business associates. At one dinner party when Brennan was nine years old, a professor of the Academia Caliae, who happened to be married to Elise's close friend, remarked that the boy was practically a prodigy, that he should be tutored by a professor of the fine arts. Elise's eye twinkled and saw her son, a successful and wondrous singer, actor, writer, and everything else he might learn to be. She soon after snatched him off the stage and told him of the good news. He simply shrugged and slipped away from the party while out of his parents' sight.

He stole the key to the shop next morning when his father took him there. It was his "field day" his father had said. He soon slipped into the back rooms and picked what he fancied; an olive tunic, brown pants, a black cape which he figured he would paint a raven on, and supple leather boots. He figured his father wouldn't notice one missing set of clothes. From then on he would sneak out after his daily arts and academic tutoring for about three hours and explore the Julian Forest to the west of the maze of a city. He would hide from hunters and dangerous animals alike with ease, loving how he practically became a shadow. One day he came across a bow that a pair of hunters and their protege had left behind--a fine hickory shortbow and quiver of 12 arrows. He quickly equipped the gear and got to work. He first started to practice shooting at trees, then branches, then small animals. His skill quickly developed and soon there was an extra quail at dinner every other night.

Of course his secret was soon figured out when he had made the mistake of leaving too early. His tutor from the Academia had come back soon after remembering to retrieve his sheet music, and could not find his pupil who gave him so much trouble and yet was increasingly bright with every lesson. He sent for a search and the boy was soon found in his bed by dusk, an innocent look on his face, playing his mind games with the authorities. Soon they had weeded out his activities and relayed the informaton to the now-infuriated parents of the boy. They contemplated and reflected for the night, and by dawn's light they had found an answer. They would hire a third tutor for Brennan--a master archer. Or ranged weapons specialist, as he liked to call himself.

The tutor, named Aerus Willthrall, soon grew a liking to the boy called Brennan, as was the reverse. His teachings engulfed the boy's nights for years on end, growing him to be shadow, to be an arrow flying silently through the darkness. He was taught to wield a dagger, which was cleverly hidden under the collar of his cape, hewn of polished silver with a leather hilt and gilded pommel. Defense and evasion was the game in close combat, unless there was an opening--then there was a quick strike that either staggered or debilitated an opponent. Quick retreat, then a barrage of arrows or knives or stars. And then death. He also learned the ways of the genuises with his academic tutor, but he had dropped his arts tutor as it was becoming quite apparent that Brennan would become an archer, but still remain closely bound to his intellectual curiosities. Recently he has returned from an outing with Aerus, as a final training regiment before he would look for a teacher with skills beyond his own...

...or maybe something more?

Legend: Ciefe, Reticent Shadow

Statistics:

Strength - 12 (+4)
Dexterity - 18 (+10) (+2)
Constitution - 11 (+3)
Intelligence - 14 (+6)
Wisdom - 14 (+6)
Charisma - 11 (+3)

Abilities:

Major Ranged Weapon Mastery: Brennan's extensive training with Master Aerus has honed his ranged skills to a razor point. Most used Weapon: Shortbow

Intermediate Swiftness: Master Aerus has taught Brennan to be one with the shadows and use them to his advantage. +2 Dexterity

Minor Edged Weapon Mastery: Master Aerus has taught Brennan to weild a dagger well and to defend himself with it, although he may use it for offence as he sees fit.

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:
If you need a longer one, I've got it right on my computer. But this one just came to me.

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
@parallelzero: You increase to 18, since you're not actually investing any points - just increasing a statistic by a flat amount. Also, for stuff about the church of St. Elendra, take a look at the nation of Teucrion, the one and only theocracy for now; I'll write up some extra supplementary information if you give me a bit of time.

The supplementary information would be appreciated. It'll be difficult to play a devout if I'm not really sure of their traditions and order. XD Could I get some more detailed information on how Miracles are performed, too? I want to get a better idea of how I'm going to handle that form of magic in the RP.

I edited Crea's personality and history to include her religious background, and will probably add more once I understand the church a little better.

Cirrus

Years
Yep, I quickly realized that and began writing about half an hour or forty-five minutes ago. : o STILL NOT DONE BUT FEEL FREE TO READ ANYWAYS (there's a lot of stuff here already).

EDIT: Done.

Sidebar: The Church of St. Elendra.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
Cirrus, I've just updated my SU to include a RP sample. Feel free to check it out! :)
This is shaping up into a very exciting little adventure - I'll be sure to read it even if I don't get accepted!

Cirrus

Years
@MattyJ: Noted! That is long enough, thank you. =) I'll just wait for a day or two more for everyone interested currently to finish their sign-ups, then begin the judging process on the contested position(s). (... everybody wants to play Ciefe; I guess Reticent Shadow sounds nice?)

And I will dump my own sign-up here, as well.

J0hr0.png

Name:
Lyrian Sileres Morianus
Personality: For the most part, Lyrian is aptly described as a temperate and rather halcyon personality. A practiced speaker, he is able to diffuse even the most hostile of atmospheres with a simple smile and a few select words of consolation, accompanied by an expression of innocence. An individual with a very flexible perspective on many things, he seems to be extremely malleable on first glance; nevertheless, this is not to say that he lacks his own ideals – quite the opposite – and his tenacity displays itself when acting in defense of those ideals. He is a man ruled by his emotions, perhaps uncharacteristically so, and though rational thought is dominant the majority of the time, passion may very well erase reason when the former runs high, and though typically he exerts enough self-control not to do so, unrestrained manifestations of raw psionic power might ensue a particularly severe outburst. Not an avid conversationalist, he prefers instead to give each of his individual statements greater weight, though he takes great pleasure in conversing with his very close acquaintances, and is someone who enjoys others' company in general.

While some may have the habit of veiling their opinions, it is a trait noticeably absent from Lyrian's personality; he carries a candid simplicity about himself, and tends to reveal at least a hint of what he is thinking on his visage, and is unabashed at displaying sudden shifts in mood openly, whether for better or for worse. Connected to this is his abundance of naivete; he believes the best of others, and is very trusting of their claims as long as they are mostly plausible - a trait Cecily often jokingly criticized with the words "not everyone is as forthright as you are, you know", but which would obviously lead to a number of problems when encountered with less savory individuals. He treats his friends as generally equal in importance, and has enough faith in all of them (even newly made ones) to entrust his safety to each.

Still, despite his cheerful front, all is definitely not well. In conversations with others, his eyes have the tendency to shift out of focus briefly before returning to reality, and he becomes absentminded at very inopportune times; when inquired about it by even his closest of acquaintances, he brushes it off with a strained smile and a casual wave of the hand, insisting that it's nothing to be worried about. Humans are fragile creatures, and Lyrian is no different; even if the precise trigger is unknown at the present, the frailty imbued within his overwrought mind is immanent, and difficult to remove. The wholeness of his heart is only an illusion, constructed of metaphorical smoke and mirrors, concealing innumerable fine fissures that threaten to tear at any opportunity.

Appearance: Bearing a slender build, Lyrian is of a medium stature, standing at some two inches below six feet. Fine silver locks of hair, combed in a seemingly extratemporaneous manner, flow untended, save for two small braids, one at each side of his head, attached by a hairpin adorned by a plain white feather. His eyes are a light steel blue, rounded and of a watery consistency, and his expression is innocuous, almost melancholic at times. His skin is very pale, and generally unblemished in the parts that are usually uncovered, though the remnants of a blade wound, healed to a pallid line that stretches across the front of his chest, is extant. His fingers are slender and well-manicured, though there is a thin layer of callused skin on his right hand, the result of extended periods of glove-less fencing.

Lyrian wears a sweeping cape of goldenrod wool, which is parted at the middle of his back and cascades outwards; decorated with a simple, singular floral crest at the front, it is affixed to his person by means of two steel fasteners, which are embedded with small alexandrite gemstones. Beneath this garment is a long velvet jacket with medium-lengthed open sleeves - the coattails of which almost reach the ground - dyed a dark royal blue with a large panel of alabaster at its anterior, it is adorned by a number of metallic buttons, which are also embedded with tiny shards of chrysoberyl. Closest to his body is a raiment of luxurious Calian silk, acting as a sort of undertunic and protective garment for the hands at the same time. Practical boots of tough leather, enchanted against water damage, rise up halfway to his knees, and are accompanied by loose-fitting tan trousers, which are embellished by a vertically descending pattern of turquoise rhombuses; the latter rest comfortably on his legs, and are ornamented by stylized cruciform medallions of an alloy of silver and gold.

Numerous preparations for travel and combat are visible as part of his attire. The most apparent, by far, is the gleaming crysteel blade at his side, which incandesces with each turn in the light; in addition to serving as a weapon, the sword is a powerful receptacle of mental energy, and as long as a portion of a manifester's vitality is invested into it, its inherent qualities will be enhanced greatly, even though it is not as hard as regular steel would otherwise be. Slightly less noticeable, though still easily perceived, are the strands of copper wire attached to the edges of his cape, tipped with amethysts and decorative feathers; these are able to serve as foci - a defensive barrier, good against most ordinary weapons if only for short periods of time, can be conjured according to the specifications programmed into the power stones, depending on how much energy is channeled into the item. Furthermore, though one of the belts - a sturdy thing of reliable brown leather - he wears is for utility, storing a manner of useful tools of irrelevant size in its pouch, various cognizance crystals and psionatrices hang from his secondary belt, which is itself an artistic affair of etched ivory. Finally, a lightweight shirt of fine aerelium links between his jacket and undertunic serves as protection without impeding movement.

Background: Originating from a lower-upper class Helvan family, Lyrian has always grown up in the shadows. Because of his naturally frail constitution, Lyrian spent much of his childhood years bedridden and afflicted with various illnesses, and, having lost his mother very early on in his life - when he was only three or four - he was largely raised by his brother, the general Regulus Sileres Morianus, at that time only a young officer in the army. Though his father cares greatly for the both of them, his lack of time limited their interactions; he could not spend very much time with him, being increasingly busied by work. His health did not prevent him from engaging in study, though, and often it was the only sort of activity he was able to engage in. The perusal of books lit a spark in his mind, one that would only grow brighter as he aged: the spark of imagination.

When his mental abilities were discovered at eight years of age, he was sent off at once to the Collegium Magiae; a series of experiments needed to ascertain his ability passed, and he was deemed relatively talented in the art, but his health prevented him from attending classes. Instead, a professor was hired from the college to tutor him privately on the usage of manifestation – an enigmatic Nemaesian scholar by the name of Darien Asmaris, hailing from Naranum, who would become his mentor. The man taught Lyrian the ways in which one could draw upon reserves of mental strength and convert it to fortitude, and thereby strengthen oneself, with the stern warning that if overuse of his abilities occurred, the negative side-effects on his health would be much greater than that of a typical failed manifestation. Under the man's tutelage, Lyrian's condition slowly began to improve, and within a year, he was able to attend a grammar school in person. There, Lyrian learned literature and oratory, as well as the natural sciences, mathematics, history, geography, and other such subjects.

Admitted to the Collegium as a novice at fourteen, he was not a very diligent student; often, pretending to have issues with his health, he would choose to skip the rudimentary classes on his schedule and instead sit quietly in the gardens of the school, as he was already familiar with the material. After each instance of this, he would usually receive a lecture from Darien as well as chastisement in the form of additional after-classes tutelage; he did not mind this, however, as he was much more suited to take advantage of private lessons than a broad coverage of topics that he already grasped quite firmly. During his time at the Collegium, Lyrian took up swordsmanship; if he wanted to be of assistance to his brother, he had to at least be able to take care of himself on the battlefield. This was of great aid to improving his agility, reflexes, and sense of balance, and augmented his fitness.

His life in academia was fairly ordinary; his personality, though not the most entrancing, was nonetheless quite charming, and won him a number of close acquaintances, among them an optimistic and intelligent alchemist named Tomas Welriam, as well as a withdrawn but talented conjurer, Frerin Vinarion. As others were drawn to him, so he in turn was drawn to another: Cecily Madeleine, a gifted evoker whose radiance dazzled him and bound him with intangible chains to her side. Though she considered him simply another admirer at first - and a troublesome one at that, having large amounts of free time at his disposal! - after a dangerous incident relating to a rapidly regenerating carnivorous plant that briefly ran rampant through the laboratories in the greenhouse of the Collegium and Lyrian's resolute display of determination to act for the sake of her welfare, which was well beyond normal standards of admiration, the two became inseparable friends. As the months passed into years and their amity grew, affection bloomed forth as well; before the third winter had passed, the two were enmeshed in an inseparable relationship. Following their graduations in their sixth year, Lyrian proposed to his beloved with a shining ring, crowned with a star sapphire; Cecily, smiling brilliantly, accepted in an instant.

Unfortunately, their happiness was not to persist. At the end of that very same year, Arianne is set upon by a group of extremists; both Lyrian and Cecily are severely wounded, acting in the defense of the city that was their home. Anticipating the powerful magicians that the Helvan Empire possessed, the perpetrators were equipped with curved blades that were able to lessen the effects of even the most powerful manifestations and magicks; wounds inflicted with such weapons refused to close upon treatment with spells, and though Lyrian miraculously recovered, his fiancée did not have the same fortune. In a single night, the night of her passing, his glossy chestnut hair transformed into a shade of curious silver. He blamed himself for her untimely demise, and entered a sort of existential paralysis for the better part of the next half-year, only being shaken out of his fruitless reverie by his former mentor, Darien Asmaris. Following the sharp admonishments of his erstwhile tutor, Lyrian slowly recovered himself from the void of despair that he had fallen into. Though his spirit had shattered from the adversity, he realized that his current state was not doing anyone any favors whatsoever, and certainly served as a poor remembrance of the person most precious to him; and, collecting his thoughts, applied for a position as an independent magister under the command of the military. Most recently, the empire's conquests have brought him to the battlefront, on the outskirts of the fallen Tyrovion.

Legend: Helvenn, Heroic Champion.

Statistics:
Strength - 14 (6)
Dexterity - 15 (8)
Constitution - 12 (4)
Intelligence - 12 (4)
Wisdom - 8
Charisma - 17 (10) [+1]

Abilities:
Major
Mindcraft (Metacreativity, Psychoportation)
- Minor Influence
Minor Edged Weapon Mastery (Longsword)

Roleplay Sample: I think this entire thread should suffice.

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Yay, something came up today meaning I have to concentrate on doing work more. So I will be withdrawing my interest in the role play; apologies if I held anyone up.

-breaks down over half-written SU-

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Updated Rhys' sign-up with a banner. i should be doing homework cryforever

The unedited version is also in his appearance section now. I changed his colors ultimately because I can't color steel to save my life /sob

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
ohgawdloki
you drew that?

I can't even
I was going to draw Pesca a banner but now can't even aslkdfskdlfksj so pretty

Also, thank you for accepting me Cirrus :) can't wait can't wait!

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Well, here is what I have so far...

I honestly simply chose what I believe to be my best RP post for the sample,though I could change it if you'd like.

Edit: Done! Hope you like it.

The Essence of Beauty...

Sign-Up Sheet:

Name: Isabella Aegle

Personality: Isabella is, like most humans, asociable creature. She absolutely lives to be social. Able to talk to manypeople, each in different ways, it isn't hard to believe that she can makefriends fairly easily. To help with her social ability, she possesses many ofthe traits needed. She is a kind girl, keen to help others in anything she canpossibly do. She is protective of friends and family, willing to risk her ownlife for any of them. Coinciding with the last statement, it is obvious thatshe is caring. She tends to never put her self above others, thinking everyone can reach as far as they want as long as they try.

Following this, Isabella is an intelligent woman and keen to learn anything. Not technically a scholar atheart and only a bit curious to things, she can surprisingly learn quite a fewthings pretty quickly though it may sometime be only when she is pushed intolearning it or actually wanting to learn something. , evidence being in herrecent mastery of Arcana and such an early age. Generally, this leaves her tothe point of being agnostic, simply due to the fact that the idea of an allpowerful being has never been proven in her eyes, only opinionated. Typically,this leaves her on the bad side of some religious people. (Obviously.)

Even with all of this, Isabella tends to be artistic and, on the occasion, wild. She loves art in all forms, music, paintings, sculptures, etc. She always tries to find and interpret thedeeper meaning in the art, tending to think that all art expresses what theartist was feeling. Due to her love for music, she recently took to playing theflute. It is one of the many things that are fun to her and, well, why wouldn'tit be? As stated above, she can occasionally be wild. Not in the exact sense ofbeing, well, wild, but in a sense of general playfulness. Far from being aperson who gets hyper, she'll love to play any game that she can with anybodyshe could. Some people will definitely call her childish, but it is one of herways of fun. In her opinion, that's all that matters.

On the case of battle, she isquite unskilled due to the fact that she only had the occasional chance tofight monsters. She had never needed to defend herself otherwise. She doeshowever believe that she could be a balanced fighter with her arcana skillsbeing balanced in many ways themselves.

Even with all of these aboveattributes, Isabella is far from perfect. She tends to fail at finding thedarkness in people, hoping that everyone is good at heart. It is easy to sayshe is wrong about it. She is gullible at times, occasionally believing peopleon something that she knows nothing about. This tends to lead to a small butobvious hate of liars. To lie about being great or something of the manner justshows one is the complete opposite of that. It is despicable. She also is onewho fears the oncoming approach of death, believing that no one has the rightto take a life, unless ABSOLUTELY needed, not even "god" as religiouspeople would see it. Isabella can never stand egos in people. The one thoughtthat a person is better than someone else is simply wrong and stupid in hereyes.

Appearance: Isabella is by far a beautiful woman.Standing at a height of five foot, seven inches and weighing at around 104 lbs,she appears to be the average of a woman her age. Her eyes are the color of lightmahogany, although they do happen to have a little tinge of red to them. Forsome reason, these eyes show passion and wisdom even in her young (-ish) age.

Her hair is somewhat similar toher eye color in many ways. It is a dark auburn, obviously hued with a tad bitof red. It is actually quite long, ending just below her shoulders. Her bangsarc down to the left, covering most of her forehead and just a tad of her lefteye. The rest of her hair seems to arc in the same fashion, though it goesoutward, away from her face. Her body, being at the age she is, matured as wellas her mind, giving her signs of development in her features.

Onto clothing, Isabella's weremade by her mother. Her mother, a seamstress from another country, made itcompletely from scratch, making it quite unique in some ways.

Starting with the upper half ofher dressing, Isabella's top (or tops) are that of balanced elegance.Basically, the first layer is a plain, long sleeved, black shirt that endsabove her stomach. Over it she wears a white shirt made of lace, with a designsimilar to that of flowers as many are, that is just as long as her undershirt.It is slightly different as, instead of going straight down, it curves to theleft, leaving nearly half of her abdomen shown. Finally, Isabella has a blacktravel robe, though it mainly used to guard from the elements.

Onto the bottom half, Isabella's clothing is much like most worn by traveling women. She wears a basic, whiteshort skirt with long stockings to cover the rest of her legs. The stockings, however, are black in color and have a white trim. Usually, Isabella is one to wear plain black boots, ideal for traveling as well as running if she absolutely had to.

She possesses only a few pieces of jewelry including a single golden bracelet and a necklace with a tanzanite gemstone set within it. She tells others that both pieces had been given to herby her mother.

Background: Born in the capital city of Arianne to a single woman by the name of Fey Aegle, Isabella is the lone child of a fatherless family.

Isabella's mother was a skilled woman, trained in textiles in her birth city of Calis, and a high-ranking member of the Arianne Trade and Services Association. A common lover of all forms of art, she insisted that Isabella be the same in her preference of it. This ultimately gave her the love she has today and eventually led to her discovery of her own arcane prowess.

At the age of six, Isabella and her mother had gone to an art show-like event, where upon seeing a painting that reminded the young girl of fire, she unknowingly invoked the construction of fire right in front of her.

A master arcanist, known by thename of Tyranious Abarath, had happened to be at the event and as he watched the occasion occur, knew exactly what had happened. It wasn't everyday that theman saw such talent at a young age and immediately went to Isabella's mother to request to train the girl. It was an odd request but Fey eventually gave into Tyranious' offer. Even at her young age, Isabella knew that this would be the chance of a lifetime.

Isabella moved in with the manat the start of the apprenticeship and viewed it as the moment that changed herlife, likely for the better. To be trained in so many of the arcane arts waswhat she was made for and in her own words, the meaning of her reality. Sheexcelled in several forms of the magic and tended to train above her level atsuch an early age, surprising her mentor. Most lessons he gave to her wereunderstood fairly easily and interpreted well, especially those having to dowith the two elements of fire and water. The reason she excelled at these twospecific pieces of nature was unknown to her and her mentor, but they were soonused in all forms of her magic.

Astonishingly enough, she wasonly nine at the end of the short education, leaving her with quite a few yearsof knowledge in the short amount of time that they had trained. Tyranious (orin a sense, her father) was proud of her and quickly submitted for her entryinto the Collegium Magiae. All of it was for the lone chance to let hercomplete the full amount of training she possibly could.

Not long after the submission,she was accepted into the school.

It was here where she honed herabilities, mastering Evocation and excelling in the other arts. It was splendidin her own sense of the word and before long; she was an admirable student inthe eyes of teachers and students alike.

The school also happened to bewhere she met her best friend, a student by the name of Brius Amalar. He wasabout three years older, practicing in the miracles "bestowed" to himby the Goddess, St. Elendra. Brius also happened to be a master flautist, orflute-player.

The pair grew close to eachother and in the end, Brius chose to teach the younger person the art of themusical instrument he played. Isabella loved the flute and in the long run, shehad a love for Brius in the way a sister would love her brother. It wasn't longafter but eventually, Brius graduated, leaving the young girl to her owndevices in the college as well as unfinished training in the instrument.

It was at this time that Isabellaalso happened to start doing jobs for Tyranious. It wasn't anything to overexerting and it didn't mess with her studies too much. It was just simplethings that an Arcanist could do, mainly consisting of general evocationalentertainment as well as small monster corralling. It happened less frequentlythan Isabella would have liked but it was what Tyranious wanted and shecomplied because of it.

Within seven years, the girlfinally graduated the college at the age of sixteen and was seen as a fullrealized master of the arcane arts. She grew restless not having anything to dobesides the odd job here and there.

She wanted more than that andsooner than later, her mentor chose to bring her on a journey around theircountry.

The journey was a long one andconsisted of traveling through each of the separate provinces of Helvenand. Isabellaloved seeing the different ways of life in the single country and it amazed herhow people not that far apart could be so different. One town could be afishing village and a town or city not too far away was devoted to schooling oreven to business. It was interesting to say the least.

Better yet is the fact that thetwo still did the odd jobs they did before. Yes, it was for different kinds ofpeople and there were some jobs different than what they were used to, but itwas fun and interesting, which was something perfect in Isabella's own belief.Eventually, Isabella wanted to visit the other countries as well simply to seethe differences.

Unfortunately, the journey endedafter only two years.

The reason it ended the death ofIsabella's mother by arson fire. Isabella had been astonished to hear that thishad happened, especially during the time of Caspenalia, one of the most famousreligious holidays in the land.

Who would do such a thing? Shesoon found out not long after that it was a group of Perinthian terrorists. Her mother's life had ended and now all she had to remember her by was a couplepieces of jewelry, the clothing on her back, and simple memories.

With her mother dead, Isabella didn't know what to do. Would she keep doing jobs with Tyranious or would she do something about it? Her mentor talked with her about it and with time, both decided to enter the war. Tyranious was sent to a group of commandos on one side of the fight under the Empire while Isabella joined a small group of free-running mercenaries.

Legend: Varras, the Eloquent Diplomat

Statistics:
Strength - 9
Dexterity - 12
Constitution - 13
Intelligence -14 (+2) 16
Wisdom -15
Charisma - 15

Abilities: (Total 4 points)

Major Arcana (3)

Primary: Evocation

Secondary: Conjuration,Abjuration

Tertiary: Transmutation,Illusion

Gives -----> Minor Brilliance+1 = Intermediate Brilliance

Gives-----> Talent (Flautist)The talent was learned during the time that Isabella attended the CollegiumMagiae from a brother figure named Brius.​
Roleplay Sample: Just something really random and just a tad crazy...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Username_9138

Sorry for being so distant-family stuff. I'm doing everything right now from my Kindle and it's sorta hard, so it'll take me about a half hour to finish up and clean it, and another to actually post it and then clean it up again and blah, because everything is there except history and stats so...

Oh, my computer's dead and I can't find the charger. Errrgh. Hate life a little bit. @_@

EDIT: Done! Well, it was tough but fun. Mostly because the best characters are tough to make. ;p

Last edited:

Cirrus

Years
I'm still waiting on Yuukihime (and myself, as well =[) to finish sign-ups, and then I will initiate judging. It will likely be very difficult to decide easily, which is a good thing (for you)! Not so much for me, but that's okay.

@parallelzero: I still need to write how magic is actually performed, don't I... I will get on that very soon. 8|

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
I'm still waiting on Yuukihime (and myself, as well =[) to finish sign-ups, and then I will initiate judging. It will likely be very difficult to decide easily, which is a good thing (for you)! Not so much for me, but that's okay.

@parallelzero: I still need to write how magic is actually performed, don't I... I will get on that very soon. 8|

Don't rush it. Since the signups aren't done and the RP isn't ready to go yet, there's no immediate need. XD

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
Is there any general idea/date for when the RP will start? I understand that applicants (and you, of course! c: ) need time to produce the best work possible, I'm only wondering because I'm going on college visits out of the area over the next few days and my computer access may be limited.

Back