• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you watch Overwatch League?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Blizzard has invested a lot in producing OWL, and the stream seems to get a consistent 75-100K viewers on average. Does anyone here follow OWL? If so, what team do you root for? Are you happy with the current meta?

I've been watching OWL since last year and I was super excited that Toronto got a team this year. However the 3-3 "Goats" meta has been pretty awful to watch, so my interest has only declined over the course of this season.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Been such a long time since I even played Overwatch. I used to keep up with it though.

Years
  • Like....................................I need to get back into Overwatch so much. But the games were always so boring, it was the same combination of 7 people being played, it was the same crap all the time and it got flat to watch. I'm hoping that with a few more playable characters and changes it's watchable now but... that doesn't sound like the case.

I can't even say what team I root for nowadays because I've forgotten like all of them LOL. I'll give it a watch soon and let you know. What's the GOATS meta?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Like....................................I need to get back into Overwatch so much. But the games were always so boring, it was the same combination of 7 people being played, it was the same crap all the time and it got flat to watch. I'm hoping that with a few more playable characters and changes it's watchable now but... that doesn't sound like the case.

I can't even say what team I root for nowadays because I've forgotten like all of them LOL. I'll give it a watch soon and let you know. What's the GOATS meta?

There's so few EU teams - in your area it's just London Spitfire and Paris Eternal of note.

"Goats" meta is a 3 tank + 3 support composition, traditionally using Reinhardt, Zarya, Dva, Lucio, Zen, Brig. Sometimes you swap the Rein out for a Winston, but you pretty much always have a Brig, Zen and Zarya. The team composition excels at bursting you down brute-force style, running straight into you with high HP pools and shields, lucio speed boost and Brig AOE healing. It's a very oppressive composition to fight against when the opposing team is working in tandem, and it's pretty much accepted that the best way to beat it is to match it. Sooo... OWL has basically devolved to 3-3 mirror matches where you're lucky to see an off-meta pick. Certain teams have managed to utilize Sombra to some success, especially following the recent Dva nerfs. But the teams that are good at 3-3 are really, really good. The top dogs thus far are Vancouver Titans and SF Shock.

Years
  • There's so few EU teams - in your area it's just London Spitfire and Paris Eternal of note.

"Goats" meta is a 3 tank + 3 support composition, traditionally using Reinhardt, Zarya, Dva, Lucio, Zen, Brig. Sometimes you swap the Rein out for a Winston, but you pretty much always have a Brig, Zen and Zarya. The team composition excels at bursting you down brute-force style, running straight into you with high HP pools and shields, lucio speed boost and Brig AOE healing. It's a very oppressive composition to fight against when the opposing team is working in tandem, and it's pretty much accepted that the best way to beat it is to match it. Sooo... OWL has basically devolved to 3-3 mirror matches where you're lucky to see an off-meta pick. Certain teams have managed to utilize Sombra to some success, especially following the recent Dva nerfs. But the teams that are good at 3-3 are really, really good. The top dogs thus far are Vancouver Titans and SF Shock.

Sounds like a horrific meta, thanks I hate it.

Last edited:
    Back