• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello from MIT!

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    Hello out there, Pokecommunity! I'm new to this forum, and to Pokemon in general, but I'm looking forward to learning more about both. I'm currently a graduate student in urban planning, and I'm fascinated by the fact that Pokemon Go seems to be having a profound effect on how people move around the city. Although it's "just" a game, Pokemon Go could, potentially, change the future of how we manage and design streets, transportation systems or whole cities!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you all, and hearing your thoughts about this. Thanks for having such a welcoming community!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello out there, Pokecommunity! I'm new to this forum, and to Pokemon in general, but I'm looking forward to learning more about both. I'm currently a graduate student in urban planning, and I'm fascinated by the fact that Pokemon Go seems to be having a profound effect on how people move around the city. Although it's "just" a game, Pokemon Go could, potentially, change the future of how we manage and design streets, transportation systems or whole cities!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you all, and hearing your thoughts about this. Thanks for having such a welcoming community!
    Hi! It's really cool that you think of GO that way o: And an interesting story, how you through your area of education noticed a pokémon game that led you to the franchise and this forum haha. If you haven't already, maybe you could make a thread and share your thoughts and more in detail see what others think, over in the dedicated Pokémon GO forum!

You should definitely try out the main series games too if you get the chance though. They're popular for a reason (: Glad to have you on the forums anyways, hopefully you'll enjoy hanging out here!

Years
  • Hope to hear your thoughts in the GO forum, like adventure said. =) The effects a game can have on people is always a really interesting thing to discuss. The first few weeks of GO's release were insane and everyone was playing. Almost felt surreal to see Pokémon so popular/relevant again like it was in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

Anyways, welcome Ace! I hope you'll be around to discuss things here somewhat actively, or even from time to time, cause PC is awesome. ;o

jenette

Jenette
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2017
    I'm also new to this forum. It's amazing to know that you're from MIT. I am an avid Pokemon GO Player and love connecting with other GO players. Glad to meet you guys!

I must say, this community is amazing. Went through a few threads, and I see that people here have a very jolly nature. I'm glad to be a part of this community.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hello out there, Pokecommunity! I'm new to this forum, and to Pokemon in general, but I'm looking forward to learning more about both. I'm currently a graduate student in urban planning, and I'm fascinated by the fact that Pokemon Go seems to be having a profound effect on how people move around the city. Although it's "just" a game, Pokemon Go could, potentially, change the future of how we manage and design streets, transportation systems or whole cities!

Ah, well, I hope you'll have fun with experiencing the forum and learning more about Pokemon! And yeah, a lot of people liked Pokemon Go, which was amazing because there were more and more fans of the franchise in general too. I hope they'll continue updating Pokemon Go as we go along too. <33

Well, thanks for joining us! Have a great time here, and I hope you'll enjoy our forums! Feel free to give me a message via VMs or PMs anytime. :]

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    Thanks all for the welcome, I will definitely hang around for a while. I'd like to share my findings and get peoples' thoughts, and I'm also putting together a survey in case anyone wants to share their insight. See you all in the forums!

Back