• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What unused type combinations do you want to see?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • i will vouch for a steel/poison type pokemon until i die

frog porcupine steel/poison type pokemon in scarlet/violet anyone?

...Anyway, what of the unused type combinations do you hope get used on Pokemon in this generation?
    You can include ones that can only be seen inside of battle, too like Ice/Fire, Dragon/Fairy, those count enough, in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Fighting/Fairy

A type combo I think would work splendidly for a Pseudo-Legendary Minotaur with four arms.

It would be like this super ancient ancestor of both Tauros and Machamp with the strength to send a fully grown Aggron or Tyranitar flying.

The ideal Abilities I can see this unlikely, but refreshing new Pseudo-Legendary having are Iron Fist, Intimidate, and Sheer Force. It's movepool would be something wicked to write home about.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I'm personally more interested in type combinations only used by one or two existing lines, but used on a new mon with different stats. A fast Steel/Ice is an example I think would be neat, as well as a few others that I'll probably get back to.

Years
  • From the unused type combinations Ice/Poison and Rock/Ghost interest me the most.
    I'd welcome any of them though: I just wanna see all the type combinations get used sooner or later =3
    Preferably not in a temporary form. I don't consider Ice/Fire properly used yet for example.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I want a legitimate Fire-Ice type. An incredibly situational alternate form doesn't count in my eyes. And besides, I think we can do much better than Galarian Zen Mode Darmanitan. And why would you EVER use Zen Mode when you can have a free choice band?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • If I had already known this topic was already made, I wouldn't have asked this in another category. 😞 My bad. As I said in my other topic, I am excited for the possibility of a Fire/Grass-type Pokémon. It would be able to cover 44% of all Pokémon, hit hard in both the Sun and Grassy Terrain with its Grass and Fire moves, and could take down a few major players in the meta game.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Being a huge fan of fighting type pokemon, as well as Ice. I would love to see another Ice/Fighting line. All we have is Crabominable and it isn't the best looking pokemon. Anything related to those two types I would like to see more off. I'd love to see Primeape get a new form or evolution that makes it Fighting/Ground as well.

I'd love to see a Fairy/Dragon line as well. I know we have Mega Altaria, but I don't really consider it a used type since no one has it outside of a form change.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I agree. I think we can say the same thing about Electivire as well.

Completely agree. I feel like he wasn't a fighting type because of Marshadow, but Marshadow makes little to no sense to be fighting. He only learns like 3 fighting type moves, all in which most pokemon can learn.

Zeraora should have definitely been Elec/Fighting. While Marshadow stayed Ghost or Ghost/Dark.

As for Electivire or Electabuzz I have always thought it would eventually get a new form with Electric/Fight since Megas were introduced and just added fuel to the fire with regional forms.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Completely agree. I feel like he wasn't a fighting type because of Marshadow, but Marshadow makes little to no sense to be fighting. He only learns like 3 fighting type moves, all in which most pokemon can learn.

Zeraora should have definitely been Elec/Fighting. While Marshadow stayed Ghost or Ghost/Dark.

As for Electivire or Electabuzz I have always thought it would eventually get a new form with Electric/Fight since Megas were introduced and just added fuel to the fire with regional forms.

Marshadow should be a Fighting-type because he is a play on "shadow boxing." Get it? lol You can also say that he is a playing on having "fighting spirit" as well. I feel that they really could have made Zeraora a part Fighting-type if they truly wanted to, along with Marshadow. They had no problem whatsoever making a ton of fully-evolved starters Fire/Fighting-type. This is especially true considering that Zeraora literally can learn a bunch of punching moves and its signature move is even "Plasma Fists." As for the Elekid line, at least we get the chance to make it somewhat right with the new Tera Type gimmick.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Besides my wish for a Poison/Steel type remaining forever strong.

Now that we got a Poison/Normal type, I want Ice/Poison, Normal/Steel and Bug/Dragon this generation, as well. The fact we still don't have a Bug/Dragon is baffling to me.

Years
  • i'm also really into the idea of a Grass/Fire Pokémon, i have great ideas about this combination, so I hope to see official Pokémon with those types soon

Battle Trainer 1823

If possible, a Fire/Fairy, Grass/Fire, Ice/Poison and Ground/Fighting, since we'll probably get Poison/Steel in that engine Pokémon and Fighting/Fairy in that Future Kirlia evolution xD

Back