• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Fav Soundtracks

Years
What are some of your favorite soundtracks?

Shutter Island is I think one of Martin Scorsese's best films. It's a beautifully shot movie that keeps you guessing until the end, and is faithful to the book. One of the things that makes it so atmosopheric is the soundtrack. In particular I love how they used the legendary Dinah Washington singing the blues song This Bitter Earth against the contemporary classical violin instrumentals from Max Richter--On the Nature of Daylight.

I usually like the music from David Lynch films, it crosses so many different genres, there's hard rock, jazz, love ballads, a light pop song, often it's throw back to days gone by.

William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet (1996) is another favorite soundtrack for me. I only regret that the 1st volume doesn't have Quinton Tarver's cover of When Doves Cry as used in the film, or have that song at all as a track, and was on a version I didn't have, but I still liked it a lot, especially Whatever (I Had a Dream) with Butthole Surfers.

What are some soundtracks from movies that stay with you?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Interstellar and Inception had wonderfully dramatic Zimmer tunes. Hans Zimmer in general is of course a soundtrack god still to this day.

If TV shows are also ok though, I have to say that Murray Gold's scores for Doctor Who is some of the best soundtrack ever made. There's a bit of everything in there, and some melodies really stick with you, and some themes are just as epic as those for Zimmer movies.

Years
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Mr Blue Sky 😃

Also, and this is not a joke, that song from Frozen 'Let it go', dunno what it's called. My nephews and nieces watched the movie so much the dang song is stuck in my head eternally now 😂
So this one is kinda staying with me, non-voluntarily xD

Also yes to the Doctor Who soundtracks above =3

Years
Just about anything Disney, their music never seems to fail to put a smile on my face, oh and most musicals obviously, but I guess that's kind of cheating the question a little 😉

I'm a big fan of John Barry's soundtrack for On Her Majesty's Secret Service too.

Years
I had the love theme from the 1960 classic Spartacus stuck in my head. It's so beautiful, sensual and heroic, full of yearning, but it's also wistful. Spartacus is a film that has a very good score all around.

Years
Love Frozen 1 & 2's OSTs to death. For non Disney though, gotta be Edgar Wright's Baby Driver and Last Night in Soho. I love how it's soo my taste.

Years
I was more of a House Stark fan when game of Thrones was in it's prime, but the house that I thought had the best music tracks would be Greyjoy. I can listen to the What Is Dead May Never Die track over and over again. It's so rhythmic. The strings play at a slow tempo that feels like a water current pulling me along, I just want to lose myself in the sea, it's hypnotic, a siren song, which is perfect for these seafaring characters. I love the drumbeat, it sounds so formidable, gives me vibes of a great wave crashing against a cliff, maybe wrecking some ships too against the rocks, it's mighty, but it's also foreboding. You hear that this is a proud and fierce nation of people. It captures how vast the ocean is, and is a majestic experience. Every time I hear this music I can't help but see the drowning rite with Theon and Aeron.

Let your servant be born again from the sea, as you were!

The Pay the Iron Price track is good too, it's lower, very somber, base with more cellos, communicates what it's supposed to, it's full of doom, you imagine black storm clouds covering the sky. I like the choppy end, it sounds like conflicts.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
The Life Aquatic Studio Sessions with Seu Jorge. Changed my life.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 16, 2023
Undertale. No doubt. Just the entirety of it.

the most insane thing for me is that Toby did the whole soundtrack pretty much alone with his computer, and the fact that its considerated one of the best game soundtracks, shows how insanely talented that dude is.

Back