• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Those of you who liked the game and want to see more, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Pokemon Emerald (Gen III)

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • A Digimon hack of Pokemon Gold (Gen II)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Quit hacking forever because you didn't include my boy Apollomon

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Seen today
    NEW UPDATE!

I am currently in the process of revamping Digimon Nova Red with an additional 100 mons and about 350 new moves. Basically I'm retrofitting Nova Red with all the new assets from my second project, Digimon Emerald Project. At this rate I'll be finished in under a month.

Look forward to it! 😁

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2022
    Good morning everyone!

Is it possible to create a rom hack of Heart Gold or Brilliant Diamond where all the Pokémon are replaced with Digimon?

-Best regards

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Good morning everyone!

Is it possible to create a rom hack of Heart Gold or Brilliant Diamond where all the Pokémon are replaced with Digimon?

-Best regards

Morning,

After I finish revamping Nova Red I'm considering either making a hack of Crystal or Platinum. :) Anything beyond that is off the table for me. Maybe some other ambitious Digifans can take up romhacking. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2022
    Good morning!

Awesome! Please let me know when you start working on a hack of Crystal or Platinum! I would love to play it! :)

-Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    Hello, I was wondering if you could reset your EVs in Digimon Nova Red? Some of my mons have random EVs and I just need to reset them to properly EV train them, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Hey just a question but what are the full requirements to patch the rom? I'm on mobile and nothing works. (The emulator I am using is John gba) Or is the only way to patch it on your computer and then transfer it to your phone?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Thank you for the clarification! The game looks great and I'm sure I'll have lots of fun playing it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    Hiya! I was wondering if I could get a list of the gym leader levels! I'd like to try and nuzlocke this game

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Big announcement!

I've spent the past month or two completely remaking the game in Leon's Ultimate rom base. I've also bumped up the Dex to include all mons from Digimon Emerald, bringing the total to over 350 mons!

Digimon Nova Red Remake Schedule​
    ✓ -Use PGE to import all Digimon from Emerald
    ✓ -Use HexManiacAdvance to give all Digimon proper movepools.
    ✓ -Use HexManiacAdvance to give all Digimon proper Dex descriptions.
    ✓ -Buff HM moves
    ✓ -Use animation maker to make animations for each Digimon attack
    ✓ -Use AdvanceMap to change all encounter rates
    ✓ -Use HexManiacAdvance to change all trainers
    ✓ -Use AdvanceMap to change all events, such as:
    ✓-Give proper Starters
    ✓-Change shop data
    ✓-Hasten Pokemon Center process
    ✓-Change static encounters (Voltorbs, Eevee, Game Corner mons, Lapras, Snorlax, Fossil Pokemon from the lab, Hypno in Berry Forest, Legendaries)
    ✓-Make Repels cheap
    ✓-Change final shop to sell Rare Candies
    ✓-Make TMs reusable
    ✓-Make HMs forgettable
    ✓ -Dialogue tweaks (Trainer = Tamer, Poke = Digi)
    ✓ -Change title screen
    ✓ -Streamline postgame

Saxt8XT.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2023
    Hi
    I'm currently ~15 hrs in a 2.3 playthrough. I tried updating, but my 2.3 savedata gives "The save file has been deleted..." when I get to the main menu. Is there any way to import savedata over to 3.0, or should I just start a new save? I've tried on two different emulators (mGBA and GbaRunner2) and got the same results with both. Either way, thanks for your hard work, this has been a lot of fun to play through and I look forward to (eventually) finishing both this and the emerald version.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hi
    I'm currently ~15 hrs in a 2.3 playthrough. I tried updating, but my 2.3 savedata gives "The save file has been deleted..." when I get to the main menu. Is there any way to import savedata over to 3.0, or should I just start a new save? I've tried on two different emulators (mGBA and GbaRunner2) and got the same results with both. Either way, thanks for your hard work, this has been a lot of fun to play through and I look forward to (eventually) finishing both this and the emerald version.

Thanks for the positive feedback! I consider the Emerald version to only slightly edge out this one in quality, merely because the Emerald version has 300+ custom moves and this one only has around 50.

Unfortunately there is no way to transfer save data from 2.3 to 3.0. This is because 2.3 was made using the now-defunct "Old-School" Rombase by a user named Dreamaker and 3.0 is made using a whole new rombase by a user named Leon. From your emulator's point of view, you might as well be trying to load up a Pokemon game with a Final Fantasy save file.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2023
    First Guy in Viridian Forest just gave like 500 items, is that normal? Like Master Ball, every HM and whatnot

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2023
    Thank you for the speedy response! I had a feeling that was the case. Thank you again for all your hard work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2023
    Yes from first page of this tread and used 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) as base. maybe my base file was messed up? Anyway no big deal, I will just continue and see if it cause any issue. So far everything else worked fine 😀
    Very cool romhack so far

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yes from first page of this tread and used 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) as base. maybe my base file was messed up? Anyway no big deal, I will just continue and see if it cause any issue. So far everything else worked fine 😀
    Very cool romhack so far

Just doublechecked and you're right! I don't know how that got in there.
    Fixed now. Please let me know any other glitches you find. :) Counting on you!

Back