• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Those of you who liked the game and want to see more, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Pokemon Emerald (Gen III)

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • A Digimon hack of Pokemon Gold (Gen II)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Quit hacking forever because you didn't include my boy Apollomon

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Online now
    Got it, I'll wait for the pickups changes before starting my second run then, also, I'll hack in a vs seeker because nuzlocking would be a chore otherwise (I make AND solve my own problems :) ) and unlimited rare candies during the whole game would feel like cheating XD. Take your time.

Latest version with new item pickups is fresh off the grill. Give it a try. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I started playing the update 3.1 and I like what you did with the evolution stones you made them real Digieggs that is so cool!!! Are you going to change the pokeballs into digivices?, Oh and I seen some sprites you might be able to use Digivice sprites https://www.deviantart.com/animathesq/art/Digivices-758707291, GulusGammamon sprite https://www.deviantart.com/animathesq/art/GulusGammamon-Sprite-903759750
    All of these sprites on the bottom are from
    https://www.deviantart.com/felipetop/gallery?q=Digimon
    Bun/Bunmon from C'mon Digimon sprite he is a cool little Digimon with no level restriction.
    Betel Gammamon sprite
    Gulus Gammamon sprite
    Kaus Gammamon sprite
    Wezen Gammamon sprite

Attachments

• Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]
      GulusGammamon.png
      6 KB · Views: 3
      Digivices.png
      11.5 KB · Views: 2
      dem9hra-d55b1f15-580b-4892-b31b-a36825ee175b.png
      7.9 KB · Views: 1
      desjr2q-cbc4416b-fd1b-4cfd-8ed4-a8187f9b8de4.png
      20.4 KB · Views: 2
      desjr0q-685e449d-9fa9-4034-a75f-76d9a0341001.png
      32.1 KB · Views: 1
      desjr50-19e811f8-842b-4fd6-8675-fd562491b3f3.png
      35.1 KB · Views: 1
      desjr70-dc0b8892-0156-40f9-8158-ca712076e218.png
      31.1 KB · Views: 0
    Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    I started playing the update 3.1 and I like what you did with the evolution stones you made them real Digieggs that is so cool!!! Are you going to change the pokeballs into digivices?, Oh and I seen some sprites you might be able to use Digivice sprites https://www.deviantart.com/animathesq/art/Digivices-758707291, GulusGammamon sprite https://www.deviantart.com/animathesq/art/GulusGammamon-Sprite-903759750
    All of these sprites on the bottom are from
    https://www.deviantart.com/felipetop/gallery?q=Digimon
    Bun/Bunmon from C'mon Digimon sprite he is a cool little Digimon with no level restriction.
    Betel Gammamon sprite
    Gulus Gammamon sprite
    Kaus Gammamon sprite
    Wezen Gammamon sprite

Glad you're enjoying it!

I'll keep them as pokeballs. In Digimon canon, Digimon aren't "stored" inside their Digivices.

Those are some high-quality pictures, but there's no way they could be added to the game. Way too many pixels and colours.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2022
    I'm not sure what I did wrong, but my game won't start. just shows a white screen :/ I tried on Delta ios and VBA on pc and both had that problem.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Glad you're enjoying it!

I'll keep them as pokeballs. In Digimon canon, Digimon aren't "stored" inside their Digivices.

Those are some high-quality pictures, but there's no way they could be added to the game. Way too many pixels and colours.

This is my favorite Rom Hack of all time and yeah I get what you mean with the Digimon Cannon lol, and for the sprites they have to be like the ds game sprites? If so I have a Espimon sprite sheet you maybe could use it's from https://twitter.com/stonedocean420/status/1539767749987241984 and he is a Rookie Digimon and its's typing could be Electric/Steel and it's ability could be Levitate or Lightning Rod maybe.

Attachments

FV5amrvX0AUu9aW.png
      5.6 KB · Views: 6
      FV5amrtXkAQ2qXa.png
      4.5 KB · Views: 3

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    This is my favorite Rom Hack of all time and yeah I get what you mean with the Digimon Cannon lol, and for the sprites they have to be like the ds game sprites? If so I have a Espimon sprite sheet you maybe could use it's from https://twitter.com/stonedocean420/status/1539767749987241984 and he is a Rookie Digimon and its's typing could be Electric/Steel and it's ability could be Levitate or Lightning Rod maybe.

Whoaaaa of all time?? Damn dude... No one's said that to me before. I feel a little bit emotional. Thank you so much. I'm so glad I could make a romhack that other people could play and enjoy.

Oh also your Espimon sprite is good. It fits all paramters and I could easily add him into the game. The only problem now is his evolutionary line. I looked him up and found this HoverEspimon thing, but there's no good sprite for it. Hmmm...

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Hi ive been playing for the past week and recently ran into an issue idk if its been stated or if im the only one with the issue but im using johngba on android and currently on route 14 it seems everytime a mon uses roost it freezes the game not terribly game breaking but just thought you should know great hack tho ive enjoyed my time so far cant wait to see what else you get your hands on

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Hi ive been playing for the past week and recently ran into an issue idk if its been stated or if im the only one with the issue but im using johngba on android and currently on route 14 it seems everytime a mon uses roost it freezes the game not terribly game breaking but just thought you should know great hack tho ive enjoyed my time so far cant wait to see what else you get your hands on

You're playing an old version. :) And thank you for the positive feedback.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Oh cool i just downloaded the newest after posting and emerald ill be checking that out soon

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Whoaaaa of all time?? Damn dude... No one's said that to me before. I feel a little bit emotional. Thank you so much. I'm so glad I could make a romhack that other people could play and enjoy.

Oh also your Espimon sprite is good. It fits all paramters and I could easily add him into the game. The only problem now is his evolutionary line. I looked him up and found this HoverEspimon thing, but there's no good sprite for it. Hmmm...

Your very welcome and yep of all time because you bought two of my favorite franchises together and created this amazing experience for us all to enjoy. I'm so glad Espimon can work for this game I love his design so much, HoverEspimon could be add later as a Digiegg Evolution if there's a good sprite for it and I might have some sprites you could use for his evolution line. If these don't work you might be able to use Espimon as a non evolution mon like Calumon. Tia Ludomon could be the Champion, Raiji Ludomon could be the Ultimate, Ghoulmon Black could be the Mega it's one of the vital bracelet line. Tia Ludomon and Raiji Ludomon are made by https://www.deviantart.com/biabego and Ghoulmon Black was from Digimon World Ds.

Attachments

Tia Ludomon.png
      12.2 KB · Views: 9
      Raiji Ludomon.png
      5.5 KB · Views: 4
      DS DSi - Digimon World DS - Ghoulmon Black.png
      39.5 KB · Views: 2

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Your very welcome and yep of all time because you bought two of my favorite franchises together and created this amazing experience for us all to enjoy. I'm so glad Espimon can work for this game I love his design so much, HoverEspimon could be add later as a Digiegg Evolution if there's a good sprite for it and I might have some sprites you could use for his evolution line. If these don't work you might be able to use Espimon as a non evolution mon like Calumon. Tia Ludomon could be the Champion, Raiji Ludomon could be the Ultimate, Ghoulmon Black could be the Mega it's one of the vital bracelet line. Tia Ludomon and Raiji Ludomon are made by https://www.deviantart.com/biabego and Ghoulmon Black was from Digimon World Ds.

So glad you're enjoying it. :) Those sprites are awesome but unfortunately too big to fit in the game. 64x64 pixels is the maximum size.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Thanks :) and damn lol but I have some sprite sheets and 64x64 sprites from the vital bracelet Espimon Dim Card. Hover Espimon is a Champion, RaijiLudomon Ultimate, LordRagnamon Mega.They should be usable I think, if that doesn't work maybe you can add Opossummon it's a Rookie, Cho·Hakkaimon it's a Champion to the game.

Those first four are in a gen II style and might be a bit stylistically inconsistent. But I can definitely add in that Opossumon. And if I work my magic I can possibly fit in Cho-Hakkaimon as well. To round off the evolutionary line though I would need another form in there. Any suggestions for Opossumon's in-training?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Oh ok I figured as much and oh ok awesome I cannot wait to play the game with this digimon line. Only Digimon I can think of is Tapirmon or Plotmon because Opossumon a Digiegg Champion. You might be able to have Plotmon have a Digiegg Evolution then level up Evolve to Cho-Hakkaimon. But I found a Tapirmon sprite you might be able to use.

Tapirmon's in the game already haha. I'll dig around and see what I can find. :)

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Oh ok lol and what rookie digimon aren't present in the game? maybe Tsukaimon, Dondokomon, Pickmon, Toucanmon could work if these digimon are not in the game.

Of course I've seen all the sprites from Digimon World Dawn/Dusk. I've included everything that could fill a niche and doesn't look too stupid.
    Tsukaimon is a palette swap, so that's a no go. Dondokomon's design is blech. Pickmon is pretty stupid looking too. Toucanomon is great, but the game already has enough flightless birds.

You see proper game design always has to keep balance and gameplay in mind. It's not just flooding the dex with as many mons as you can think of. It's making sure every mon/line fills a unique niche or purpose.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Alright, an update. I'll regrab this and try to bully my way through with just the Koromon line again, because I'm the worst.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Hey I was wondering if Pillomon was a good first evolution for The Opposumon line?, because it looked like it would fit this line perfectly. Pillomon could be Fairy type, Opposumon could be Fairy or Fairy/Fighting, Cho-Hakkimon could be Fairy/Steel or Fairy/Fighting.

Now the abilities for Pillomon and Opposumon could be either Levitate or Magic Guard and Cho-Hakkaimon could have Battle Armor or Guts depending on what type you decide to make it.

Sure, that could work. I feel the game has enough fairy types already though... Also I don't let mons change typing when they evolve (adding a type is okay but not changing one).
    I'll probably make the first two normal type (with superior stats) and I'll do a little more research on Cho-Hakkaimon before deciding her typing.

Thanks again for the cool sprites!

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2022
    Love the hack, thanks for this!

Question though, I'm using VisualBoyAdvance and I'm not getting any audio

Back