• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Which new tools would you like to have in rom hacking?

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    Personally, I would love a tool that makes scripting more user friendly (because frankly I suck at scripting >.<)

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2016
    Two suggestions:

• a painless region map editor (just insert an indexed image: it makes tilemap, inserts it, and repoints everything for you--and make sure it has RSE support!!)
    • (more complicated) a start sequence editor that combines all the useful features of Advance IntroEd (set start map, contents of PC, start money, pokemon that birch uses in intro, and removing truck animation from RSE roms), Start Map Chooser Advance (set start map, truck position, etc.), Advance Starter (starter pokemon, rival's starters, levels and items of each). Also (not really in any existing tools that I know of) it would be nice to be able to remove the professor intro entirely (in RSE at least), instead allowing to call the player naming sequence from a script (the rest of the intro is useless anyways :silly:)

And yes, cross-platform is usually best :happy2:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Well..
    -Modify easily the sprites in the NDS Roms (At least D/P/Pt/HG/SS)
    -A pokedex app for the PC, so we can easily use their data at the moment of adding new pokemons from the 4th, 5th and 6th Gen to our 3rd Gen hack.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    A higher level programming language for the scripts, but that'll probably be something freaking hard to do and I don't know if the effort will be worth it.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • "For Me"
    There is a tool that needs to be made
    Advance Ability Modifier
    •Is a tool that lets you edit or customize Pokemons abilities.
    FEATURES:
    A button for commands
    Example:
    In-Battle Message:
    Beginning:example: [Buffer] Drizzle/n made it rain.
    Effect Animation:example: Rain Animation
    Effects:(example)(Choices:Weather, Stat Reduces, Type enhancer, Status applier and etc.)

:Weather
    :start
    add 0x2, 0xWater
    add 0x2, 0xElectric
    add 0x2, 0xGrass
    sub 0x2, 0xFire
    jump :mid

:mid
    check 0x1(Wather index xD:Let say 1 is Rain index number)
    if 0x0 :endeffect
    :start

:endeffect
    set 0x0, 0xWater
    set 0x0, 0xElectric
    set 0x0, 0xGrass
    set 0x0, 0xFire

then save..
    voila, a new ability is added in the ability table, then update the ini ;)

how I wish :/

Last edited:

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Please make a tool for editing the overworld map and move effects asm.

Last edited:
    Back