• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] The Landscape of Ancient Sinnoh

pkmin3033

So we know that Legends Arceus will take place in Sinnoh in the past, but what sort of place do you imagine that to be? What kind of landscape features and areas would you like to see, and how would they differ from the Sinnoh from BDSP? What kind of areas that the original Sinnoh lacked do you think should be included in this game?

Years
  • I hope there'll be lots of variety like in similar titles. Fields, snowscapes, deserts, volcanoes, and maybe some cool things like underwater or sky locations (though I really doubt we'd get that). Not sure what to think about the location right now, but games like BotW and Genshin Impact existing definitely set a standard.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • I want to be able to climb Mt. Coronet from the side. Just scale the entire side from the bottom all the way up to Spear Pillar Skyrim style. Perhaps including a newly built Spear Pillar. It'd be nice to see the word beyond the borders of the previous Sinnoh titles. I want to be able to run through the forest that lies between two towns instead of taking the winding route around it. It'd also be nice to see the Solaceon Ruins get expanding on, since hopefully in this time period they won't be ruins. In addition to that, hopefully we'll see the Hallowed Tower standing tall. Since this seems to be long before civilization has really taken over the land I suspect most of it will either be forested or or just overgrown grassy plains.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I imagine they'll make it look quite different from now. Maybe the same general map shape but very different settlements (if any? didn't it sound in the trailer like Jubilife was the only town?) and climate. They're releasing BDSP at the almost same time after all, they'll want the two to be very well distinguished.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the snowy area! It had a great atmosphere in Gen 4 but was hampered by you having to walk super slow in deep snow for much of it. (Maybe I just love snowy areas) Being able to hopefully run around in the snow at normal speed and see icy pokemon in the overworld sounds pretty great.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    It's been a long time since I played the original Sinnoh games, but I'm lowkey hoping they have parts that are drastically different from the modern counterpart since I think it would make for interesting lore. Like idk, maybe one of the snowy cities used to be temperate but some event/legendary Pokemon happened and turned it into an eternally snowing area. It'd make for a cool in-game scene imo.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • The feelings seem to be split down the middle on Youtube.
    A lot of commenters on the official trailer complain that the landscapes are vast and plain but that seems to fit with the premise of this being an ancient Sinnoh region.

I find it extremely intriguing and the graphics gorgeous.

This is making me want to pop in a Sinnoh game and start again from the beginning. It's been years and I've only ever cleared it once.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I do understand why people are saying it is plain. There should be a lot more trees and actual forest areas. We haven't seen much and they have only really focused on the one area in the trailers we have gotten, so I don't think it is fair to judge the entire game by that only.

Hokkaido, the inspiration for SInnoh, does have many plains which is why everything is so flat and empty. This could be why it seems empty because plains are generally empty. They also have the largest marsh land in Japan, which is what the Saffari Zone like area is based on in Sinnoh.

Going by the in game map, the clouds could be blocking some stuff. I say this because they are blocking some of the main areas of the game, including areas in which we didn't go to in Pokemon DPPt and went to in Pokemon Ranger games.

So as I said, I really really don't think it is fair to judge the entire game on an area of the game which is inspired by plains. Not to mention, there is most likely DLC throughout the year of 2022.

We saw very little of Sinnoh in the actual games. I feel like this game will cover far more than what we know about.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2021
    I like vast seas and a lot of islands to discover.
    I would like to see something like this

Back