• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon SoothingSilver Version 1.3.0!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
  • Thank you so much for the quick reply, I just started my playthrough. I do have a small doubt though, I just caught myself a Cubone and I see that Alolan Marowak is present in your hack. Do I need to evolve my Cubone at night when it reaches level 28?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Found a bug here, but no softlock. Entering Mt. Mortar and leaving fixed the immovable follower.

PB5OyeQ.gif

Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Found a bug here, but no softlock. Entering Mt. Mortar and leaving fixed the immovable follower.

PB5OyeQ.gif

AAAAA Godamnn it Suicune broke the game again. No but seriously thank you so much for pointing this out to me, it's a pretty big glitch but I think I understand what caused it, it's the same situation as the Burned Tower glitch. Unfortunately the only way to fix it is for me to use an older version from quite a while ago and reimplement everything I had done since that point hahahaa, so that might take at least a few days.
    I'm probably gonna move Kris/ Gold to inside of Mt Mortar so that they don't screw up anymore scripts in Route 42

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Loving the overall feel of the game. The world needs more overall QoL HG/SS roms. A couple of things I have found playing through, though:

1) Alolan Sandshrew does not learn the moves you have in your document when it evolves (Icicle Spear and Metal Burst). This isn't a huge deal, but having the only usable physical ice STAB be ice ball is a little... painful.

2) Alolan Marowak cannot learn Shadow Claw by TM, even though you state it learns it by level up. This makes using the pokemon EXTREMELY difficult, as the first time it can learn a usable STAB move is Blackthorn with the relearner, or by power-levelling it to Flare Blitz at 53. Maybe push shadow claw learning a level or two so it can learn it, or make the TM usable on it?

3) Alolan Raichu (I have loved using the alolan forms, if that isn't obvious) does not learn Psychic on evolution, so having a psychic type without a psychic move until Saffron is kinda sad.

Just a couple of thoughts on an overall awesome game. Keep up the good work! :)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Loving the overall feel of the game. The world needs more overall QoL HG/SS roms. A couple of things I have found playing through, though:

1) Alolan Sandshrew does not learn the moves you have in your document when it evolves (Icicle Spear and Metal Burst). This isn't a huge deal, but having the only usable physical ice STAB be ice ball is a little... painful.

2) Alolan Marowak cannot learn Shadow Claw by TM, even though you state it learns it by level up. This makes using the pokemon EXTREMELY difficult, as the first time it can learn a usable STAB move is Blackthorn with the relearner, or by power-levelling it to Flare Blitz at 53. Maybe push shadow claw learning a level or two so it can learn it, or make the TM usable on it?

3) Alolan Raichu (I have loved using the alolan forms, if that isn't obvious) does not learn Psychic on evolution, so having a psychic type without a psychic move until Saffron is kinda sad.

Alolan Raichu learns Psychic at the love relearner.

Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Loving the overall feel of the game. The world needs more overall QoL HG/SS roms. A couple of things I have found playing through, though:

Hiya thank you so much for playing, I'm really glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the feedback! I actually just fixed the shadow claw alolan Marowak problem in version 1.0.4 which was released the other day! Thank you for pointing out those problems with Alolan Sandshrew and Raichu, I'll make sure to fix that in the next update, sorry for the inconveineince! Till then I think you should be able to teach Sandslash and Raichu those moves through the move reminder in Blackthorn City!

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Is there a pokemon location list that way i know what I need to grind for. I hate not knowing how much grinding I need to do lol. I just started my playthrough.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Hiya thank you so much for playing, I'm really glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the feedback! I actually just fixed the shadow claw alolan Marowak problem in version 1.0.4 which was released the other day! Thank you for pointing out those problems with Alolan Sandshrew and Raichu, I'll make sure to fix that in the next update, sorry for the inconveineince! Till then I think you should be able to teach Sandslash and Raichu those moves through the move reminder in Blackthorn City!

Thanks for the update, and no inconvenience. It's all about improving to make the best game possible, right? :) If I find anything else, I will be sure to let you know.

A small, slightly stupid question: Do you know how I can update my rom without losing my save data? Or do I have to start over to play on 1.0.4?

Thank you!

Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Is there a pokemon location list that way i know what I need to grind for. I hate not knowing how much grinding I need to do lol. I just started my playthrough.

You can probably find the info you need in the documentation here! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HAo0MQd7iQm0B9vqKkStVrDY6KDMYxfbB2wJqPSjS-g/edit

Thanks for the update, and no inconvenience. It's all about improving to make the best game possible, right? :) If I find anything else, I will be sure to let you know.

A small, slightly stupid question: Do you know how I can update my rom without losing my save data? Or do I have to start over to play on 1.0.4?

Thank you!

After you get the new version, rename your save file to match the name of the new ROM, or rename the ROM to have the same name as the old version.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Thanks for all the help, Drac! I downloaded the most recent patch, and was able to get everything working through the Ecrutek Dance Theatre. :)

One thing I noticed: It appears Marowak and Raichu may have been broken again in this patch. Both are their normal typings: Ground and Electric respectively... Caused quite a surprise when a grass move OHKO'd Marowak suddenly. Haha

Also, stats may have been reset. My Sandslash levelled up, and gained -5 and -7 def and sp.def, while gaining +16 sp. atk...

Just something you might want to check. Thanks again!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Thanks for all the help, Drac! I downloaded the most recent patch, and was able to get everything working through the Ecrutek Dance Theatre. :)

One thing I noticed: It appears Marowak and Raichu may have been broken again in this patch. Both are their normal typings: Ground and Electric respectively... Caused quite a surprise when a grass move OHKO'd Marowak suddenly. Haha

Also, stats may have been reset. My Sandslash levelled up, and gained -5 and -7 def and sp.def, while gaining +16 sp. atk...

Just something you might want to check. Thanks again!

Yeah really sorry about that, I noticed the glitch quite late, a patch should be out in a couple of days that should also fix some other minor bugs. Also as a small consolation for needing so many bug patches, I'm gonna add a few more shiny sprites.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Yeah really sorry about that, I noticed the glitch quite late, a patch should be out in a couple of days that should also fix some other minor bugs. Also as a small consolation for needing so many bug patches, I'm gonna add a few more shiny sprites.

Hey man, it's no worries at all! It's all about making the best game possible, right! :) Thanks for the update!

Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Update 1.0.6 is out now! It fixes a few bugs including one that had reset most pokémon stat and type changes back to their vanilla variants. In addition it adds 6 new custom shinies!

Last edited:
    Back