• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Merchandise] Pokemon you wish there was more merch of?

Years
  • Like for me, I wish there was more Shaymin merch/plushies(because obviously, I love Shaymin). It's kind of a shame that there isn't many out there, even on the US Pokemon Center website. :c

What about you? Are there any specific Pokemon you wish there was more merch of?

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • I think Pyukumuku needs more love honestly. Also I'd love more Litwick stuff too. Ooh and Whimsicott, I'd love more of that fluffy little dude. ♥

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Kadabra. Hasn't been any merch or cards since like 2002 or something. :T

I feel like Steel types are under represented in the plush world too.

But my heart just wants more Wigglytuff. <333

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Kadabra. Hasn't been any merch or cards since like 2002 or something. :T

I feel like Steel types are under represented in the plush world too.

But my heart just wants more Wigglytuff. <333

That's PMD talking. Seems to me you crave another PMD game if anything.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Breloom.

Seriously, Breloom barely has anything, let alone a plushie of it. Shroomish had a keychain back in 2007 or 2008 here (it was my first Pokemon related merchandise at all), but I've never seen any Breloom merch at all. Breloom is one of my favorites, so it's a shame it doesn't really have anything. =/

Years
  • Hydreigon and Tyrantrum. Man, I wish there was more merch of my two favorite Pokemon ever.

Last edited:
    Years
  • yeah ngl I just tried looking at Sunyshore and Pokevault and they dont really have anything interesting of Shaymin/Skymin. ;__; I'm going to assume it's more of a special event thing since it's pretty hard to find...

Years
  • shaymin actually has an abundance of merch over the years, both sky and land formes! it makes it quite hard for collectors haha, there is just so much stuff. often it is japan only, and even more frustratingly, from gashapon, ichiban-kuji, ufo catchers, or some other kind of lottery/blind box type thing. shaymin has also gotten a ton of newer merch as well. in 2016 it was the july mythical pokemon for the 20th anniversary, and 2018 was the pokemon center's 20th anniversary, where it was co-featured along with pikachu! takara tomy continues to put out shaymin merch as well, they make a lot of the figures and plushies (recently they put out a landmin plush in january of this year, its very cute). you have to dig a little deeper to find it, but i assure you there is tons!
    if you're interested, there is a wiki dedicated to collecting pokemon merch that compiled a list of both landmin and skymin merch, called pokemon collectors. it is a little outdated but still serves as a decent checklist. sorry for rambling!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    B e l l o s s o m

Please i dont have any of her and it makes me so sad!!!!!

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
  • Honestly, Lucario... but only plushies.

It has like one that looks reasonably good, butthe damn thing wont stand at all. Make it sit down or something geez.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Honestly?????? I don't really see much merch of Dark types and I want more
    please give me my edge children

This! Before Fairy types came in and took over my life, I had an undying love for Dark types (still do tbh!). I collected every single piece of Dark Pokemon merch I could find and they were few and far between. It's legitimately hard to find a dark pokemon plush that hasn't been chibi-fied and even vinyl figures seem under represented. That's part of why I'm so hyped to see TPC's gen 2 plush collection in person because I high have hopes the Tyranitar is going to look sick af. xx

Years
  • shaymin actually has an abundance of merch over the years, both sky and land formes! it makes it quite hard for collectors haha, there is just so much stuff. often it is japan only, and even more frustratingly, from gashapon, ichiban-kuji, ufo catchers, or some other kind of lottery/blind box type thing. shaymin has also gotten a ton of newer merch as well. in 2016 it was the july mythical pokemon for the 20th anniversary, and 2018 was the pokemon center's 20th anniversary, where it was co-featured along with pikachu! takara tomy continues to put out shaymin merch as well, they make a lot of the figures and plushies (recently they put out a landmin plush in january of this year, its very cute). you have to dig a little deeper to find it, but i assure you there is tons!
    if you're interested, there is a wiki dedicated to collecting pokemon merch that compiled a list of both landmin and skymin merch, called pokemon collectors. it is a little outdated but still serves as a decent checklist. sorry for rambling!

yeah I definitely don't see it then, because visiting pretty much every online merch store doesn't really give many results. definitely not the pokemon center, not sunyshore, and plazajapan doesn't have much, and neither does pokevault. admittedly though i didn't know that a lot of it is japan specific. not even looking on etsy gives many results, which is disappointing. i really feel like i've searched everywhere I could which led to the conclusion that shaymin/skymin hardly had any out there. am i not looking in the right places?

but i have heard that a lot of the merch that shaymin has ever had was more event-specific, is this true? going from what you're saying it seems to be the case, but for the life of me I genuinely cannot find any of the cooler shaymin (or hell, even the skymin ones because those are harder) merch out there. would you mind linking some? ^^ you seem to be far more familiar with the japanese market and that's the one area where I haven't searched very thoroughly, haha.

I also didn't know that shaymin had all of these specific event merch releases before :O I've just recently started getting more into the merch scene and I want to do some collecting myself of shaymin/skymin plush and I've no idea where to start...

Last edited:
    Years
  • but i have heard that a lot of the merch that shaymin has ever had was more event-specific, is this true? going from what you're saying it seems to be the case, but for the life of me I genuinely cannot find any of the cooler shaymin (or hell, even the skymin ones because those are harder) merch out there. would you mind linking some? ^^ you seem to be far more familiar with the japanese market and that's the one area where I haven't searched very thoroughly, haha.

from my understanding sites like pokevault and sunyshore typically do pickups, aka they take what is currently in stock at the pokemon centers in japan to sell (since buying from the JP pokecenter online if you dont live in japan requires jumping through some hoops). a lot of shaymin merch isnt necessarily from the pokemon center as well, takara tomy does a lot of it and so does banpresto! you cant buy from these manufacturers directly and they only distribute to japan, so you have to buy from a secondary source for those as well. if you want some of the newest shaymin merch, the takara tomy 2019 mythical pokemon shaymin plush came out in january, its hard to find in stock but i got mine from asakura-japan.com. theres also the takara tomy moncolle shaymin figure, which is a reprint of some of their previous shaymin figs! theres also the petit fleur blind box that came out in... april i think? and there is a shaymin one in that! because of shaymin's appearance in the sun/moon anime, it has seen some new merch ^^

your best bets are probably ebay, although theres a lot of counterfeits (items shipping from japan or the US are usually a safe bet). mercari is also a source i stalk and is a good US only source (if you live in the US). if youre willing to use a middleman service, theres also yahoo japan auctions! and amazon.co.jp has some shaymin stuff as well (and they ship international). i hope that helped :D im very passionate about shaymin LOL & i love to meet people who also love shaymin!

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Ampharos could use some more stuff tbh. It's got a few plushies but that's about it. I always thought it would be cool if they made shiny variations of Pokémon as merch. Like I wanted a shiny Umbreon plush and had to order a fan made one cause there isn't any official shiny plushes.

Back