• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Kris

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Kris was the female player character in Crystal. She was the first female player character, and only exists within Crystal. She will not appear in the overworld as a character if you select Ethan/Gold. You will also become the Ethan sprite if you connect to the Gold/Silver games.

Kris did not make a return in the remakes of Gold/Silver. In HG/SS, the female player character is instead Lyra.

Did you play as Kris? What did you think of her? (Design wise/playing as her)? I think Kris was a pivotal change in Pokemon games, as before her, there was no female option. It's sad she was replaced with Lyra in HG/SS, but, at least she's now in Pokemon Masters, right? So, that's a good thing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Poor, poor Kris. I remember when her sprite turned to the side the way it was designed made her look angry. That's how I knew she didn't play + the blue hair, lets get it girl!!! When they announced HG/SS I was so hyped for the return of Kris and we got farm girl wannabee Lyra. Which note to Lyra the closest farm is practically in Olivine City so why are you pretending you farm?

Years
    • Seen today
    I used Kris last time I played Crystal. Both character designs are pretty cool for male and female

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    I played as her the first time that I played through Crystal version. It really made no difference however since playing as a girl didn't have any additional benefits over playing as a boy.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I still stand on the belief that Krys is Lyra just as Ethan is Gold. She was the first playable female, and yes I played her for Crystal. Krys and Lyra wear nearly identical clothing with Lyra's being more up to date. The biggest difference was Krys and Lyra's hair color. Which can be a retcon. Even in PokeSpe put Krys in Lyra's clothing as part of their character update. They even brought Leaf (Female Green/Blue) in the Let's Go series when she also wasn't supposed to be Canon.

Back