• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Fighting

Which are your favorite Fighting types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Heracross and Infernape are my two favourites here. My favourite pure fighting type is Mienshao.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • HAAAAAAAAAAAAWLUCHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

hawlucha.png

I also chose the Musketeers and Breloom because frankly I like all of the Musketeers (and somehow I even enjoyed their movie somewhat) but I love Keldeo. Breloom is just weird and cool.

Years
  • I chose Mienshao, Gallade, and Pangoro.

Gallade was honestly chosen more out of loyalty to Gardevoir, but Gallade was also my first early leveled fighting type in X and that became a life saver the further into the game I was - particularly in fighting with the elite four.

After outgrowing my fascination with Pangoro and looking at the serebii page for Mienshao until my eyes burned, I took up using Mienfoo in order to evolve it and was pretty pleasantly surprised by it - so now it's part of my "favorites."

As for Pangoro..well...it's a dual dark and fighting type..what more needs to be said <.<

Years
  • I think Medicham is my personal favorite, as it's a nice mix of two types that can be seen as respective counterparts (Fighting and Psychic), and with Pure Power it hits super hard. It's especially nice that they gave it Zen Headbutt by Heart Scale in Gen VI, thing did me very well in my X Wedlocke and lived to the end. It's one that has plenty to use even if its stats aren't the best out there.

Here are some of the others I feel are worth naming:

Toxicroak - An interesting type combination for this one, and a poisonous dart-frog is something cool to make a Pokémon out of. Despite its nasty 4x weakness to Psychic, it actually has a very unusual set of resistances and good usability.

Scrafty - This one used to be my favorite, I do still like its design and typing even if the Fairy-types knock it into next week. But three very helpful abilities and tons of moves it can utilize make it pretty fun, even despite that glaring weakness.

Chesnaught - This one I may just like for being under-appreciated, or have something to do with the fact that I really like Chespin. I do like the design here, and nice physical stats to throw on it.

I also voted Emboar, just because I kinda feel sorry for the thing and all the hate it gets, and I do kinda like the thing. There are others I could probably mention but these are just the most general choices for me.

Years
  • I voted Primeape, which really doesn't have near as many votes as it should have, because of the awesome design and memories of it from FR/LG & Ash's from the anime. Probably in my top ten overall.

I also voted for the Swords of Justice but purely for Cobalion. I like all of them apart from Terrakion, but Cobalion is the only one that is one of my favourites. I like its design (which tends to be the most important thing for me) and I also relied on it pretty badly to beat B/W 2.

I wish I could vote for Conkeldurr as well now I've seen how few votes he has, but oh well it can't be helped.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • This one has hard to not choose very few - as normal and fighting are my two favorite types (I put equally tied at 1st place)

Mankey, Primeape, Monferno, Infernape, Riolu, Lucario, Chesnaught, Pancham, Pangoro, Hawlucha take my main vote, I could easily vote for all of them (except Combusken, and Blaziken hate both of them)....

but my main winning vote goes to my 3rd and 4th favorite Pokemon!! Mienfoo (4th) & Mienshao (3rd) - mainly since they are my favorite fighting weasels in the entire Pokemon world.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • Gallade will be winning my vote for this tournament.

Typing wise, Fighting/Psychic is an unusual but very useful, giving it neutrality to both Psychic and Fighting, which effectively cancel each other out. It's also great aesthetically, being all super sharp ninja blades style and all that jazz. GameFreak did a great job with its design while keeping in mind that this is Gardevoir's counterpart.

I also like it because of the fact that Kirlia has the choice to evolve into two different genders, which is quite unusual in Pokemon and what sets Gallade apart from the other competitors.

Competitively though, it has many shortcomings, due to all of it's stats being absurdly low except for its attack. A shallow movepool dosen't help it's cause, either. But this topic was about favourite, not most useful, so Gallade will still take my vote. And the fact that it may have a new chance in the competitive scene with the introduction of ORAS will comfort certain people.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I voted for Breloom, Gallade, and Mienshao.

Breloom is a fighting mushroom that will cause all sort of nonsense when being touched because of its ability, Gallade has really cool blade arms and I think it got a new mega, and Mienshao has a really sleek design and seems like an interesting Pokémon compared to the other Fighting types because it doesn't look like a punching or kicking Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Primeape, because it's one of my favourites since the first time I saw it in the anime.

The hitmon line, they are cool as ****.

And finally, heracross, the most badass bug ever.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I chose Heracross, Blaziken, Breloom, Infernape, Lucario, Gallade, Scrafty, Mienshao and Pangoro. The above are all fast and hard hitters. Oh, but you say that Pangoro isn't fast? I just love pandas. 'Nuff said.

Years
  • Thanks to everyone that voted this week, as frankly I expected a much lower turnout for the Fighting type poll.

This was a back-and-forth round of voting, with at least 4 different Pokemon families holding the lead at one point or another. By Wednesday evening though, Riolu and Lucario had fought their way to the top, earning the honor of being PC's favorite Fighting-type Pokemon this year. The runners-up in this poll were Combusken and Blaziken, who'll be participating in one of our wild card polls prior to the finale.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the results of this week's Fairy-type poll, too. The next set of polls will be up tomorrow afternoon (pacific time), so come back then to get your vote on!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    All the Fighting dual type starters get my love. Like Blaziken, Infernape, (Emboar but nah) and Chesnaught. Fire/Fighting was overdone, but Fighting is a great typing so it's nice with such dual types :)

Back