• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tier Discussion/Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harpuia

Dunlop? who's that?
Years
  • well if a tangrowth saw that it was about to die to a stupid little arbok why wouldn't it switch Ooka whoever you "Saw" battling is a noob.....

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • They aren't a noob ._.

If you're against a Physical Sweeper, of course you would switch in a physical wall....

Harpuia

Dunlop? who's that?
    Years
  • oh sorry I was thinking of sludge bomb not gunk shot....and how would an arbok do that?
    its attack sucks...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    k i'm making a UU team and didn't want to add something that just got boosted up or anything

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Right I just checked, all pokemon I use fall under UU except kingdra who is Bl so I'm in good waters atm

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Your team isn't a UU Team if it has even one BL pokemon in it.

BL IS LOWER OU.

The only difference is that BL are weaker and/or aren't used as much as OU pokemon. Their banning from the UU tier remains the same.

Also what happened to NU? It does have a metagame you know :/

Ooka

Years
  • Your team isn't a UU Team if it has even one BL pokemon in it.

BL IS LOWER OU.

The only difference is that BL are weaker and/or aren't used as much as OU pokemon. Their banning from the UU tier remains the same.

Also what happened to NU? It does have a metagame you know :/

Well, like I said, I was copying Smogon straight from the site, and if you haven't noticed, they got rid of NU, since people started using Beedrill in UU and actually killing stuff with it. Even though it's more of a BPer. Although Tropius isn't worth anything, but according to them, NU no longer exists.

Loto

Fear Nuckle!
    Years
  • Ah thanks for the update on the list, don't gotta look at smogon for Tiers now. ^_~

Ooka

Years
  • Alright, so now for the discussion.

What are people's view on moving Dugtrio to BL. I personally haven't seen any in a few weeks, and I've battled at least 50 people during that time. I know it's the best Cleanup pokemon in this gen, but ever since Infernape I just haven't been seeing it much.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • yah i haven't seen one in a while as well. richard was the last one actually and that was a long while ago XD

that still doesn't change the fact that arena trap is a very useful ability.

Ooka

Years
  • Well yeah, but like C_O has stated tons of times, it's not how good a pokemon is that determines if it's OU or BL, but only how much people use it. (not saying that I don't like Revenge killing Infernapes with one xD)

Samson

Years
  • well true, but beyond that, it may be as simple as how much the game has changed. he's not all that needed when garchomp can pull off a swords dance and take out half a team. and aside from that, you don't see much vulnerable sweepers in battle as much. it's a whole lot of tanks and walls. once again, thank garchomp for that.

that shark is such a punk.

Samson

Years
  • i really don't care XD. but for the sake of discussion, i think he fits. he can actually pull off multiple kills in BL. even then, he's never too broken when you have kingdra owning the tier.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • You can interpret the difference between OU/BL in several ways. Really it doesn't matter since they're both the same tier really.

And honestly I don't care what Smogon says, there IS a NU tier and you should really put one on here. If you have to, use Smogon's ADV pagwe to determine the tiers.

Because seriously leaving out a full tier is nonsense. Again I don't care what Smogon says (after all, they're the morons that say Wobbuffet is OU :/)

BTW Ooka this is off-topic but were you by any chance on Netbattle today? Soembody battled me and went "yeah I knew that team looked familiar" and I'm like O_O

Back to tier listings, if there's a tier to get rid of, it's BL. It's honestly a really useless tier. We need NU or this tier list isn't really as good because I used to play NU a lot. I honestly have no clue about this gen's tier thing but I'd like to know. So I say bring back NU! Bring down Smogon!

EDIT: Dugtrio is OU. I've seen plenty on Shoddy :(

Ooka

Years
  • Alright, so then decide what we want. I say:

Tropius (Definatly)
    Wormadam (All but Ground)

So yeah, those are just a couple, so I guess you guys can list some.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back