• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tier Discussion/Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I wasn't saying that to agree that I don't want it in Ubers. I was saying that cause you said there wasn't anything you can switch in to completely counter them. With Abomasnow, not only do you get rid of the rain, but Abomosnow usually runs Sassy, and carries Leech Seed and Wood Hammer, which pretty much LOL at Kyogre.

I know, i didnt mean it like that, i meant that everone shouldnt have to use certain pokes just to counter it.

Dark_Azelf said:
    Name one pokemon that can switch in safely to kyogre or Groudon in standard play? Again this links back to overcentralization,theres a reason Shedinja in only used frequently in UU and in UBERS to counter Kyogre, but again kyogre sometimes has toxic just for it, but why should EVERYONE have to use Shedinja ?

I mentioned Shedinja here, but i could've mentioned Abomo, or even Lanturn, im just bad at wording things, i meant there are only a few things that can come in, most stuff in standard gets wasted by it, and there are only a few exceptions, and no one should be forced to use just those certain pokemon. <<I hope that was clearer XP

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Um, I already know this, and if you would have read, we're currently discussing the NU tier....

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Um, I already know this, and if you would have read, we're currently discussing the NU tier....

Isnt NU too similar to UU, so you cant really distinguish what goes where, you probably could, but its gonna cause you more trouble than its worth.

Last edited:

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    I personally think that Sharpedo deserves higher credibility (I notice it in NU, so correct me if I'm wrong.) because it has 120 base attack, and 95 base speed, as well as 95 sp. atk. Now, I know its base defenses are crap, but its rough skin abilty deals some damage to physical attackers (and ruining Focus Sash for some). It gets access to Waterfall, Ice Fang, Earthquake, Night Slash, and Crunch as big physical forces. On the special side, you have Surf, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Ancientpower (???don't know why, but) and Hidden Power as special choices. If you like Focus Sash in a less sandstorm UU play, you have Agility to work with. Pop on a Choice Band or if you're crazy, Specs or Scarf.

Again, sorry if I'm ranting about a false sight here. I'm going by what I see on PC's set.

Edit: -_-...yep, it was a mistake, but I'm at least saying some big + issues on that shark. I didn't see anything for NU on the tier list here. However, Luvdisc in my opinion is lol.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    In regards to garchomp in ubers, do you think it would be a good idea to get a mod to make an announcement about it here in the battle center, so everyone knows ?

Also is is a ban for a month seeing how it influences the metagame, or is it permanent ?

Ooka

Years
    I think we should go for a month and make a final decision after the time period is up. I'll also be trying a Garchomp in a few Uber battles, just to see if it CAN, in fact, function there.

I'm going to send a PM to S_U and see if he can make an announcement about it.

ABYAY

Years
    Without Garchomp in the OU game, I can expect less concerns of getting Ice moves on some, but not all pokemon. I think Garchomp was one of the top reasons why Blissey wanted Ice Beam, just for defensive retaliation or hitting it on the switch-in. However, that's just my opinion.

Fortunately, it won't have any impact on me. I don't even use Garchomp O_o...or have one for competitive gameplay.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Without Garchomp in the OU game, I can expect less concerns of getting Ice moves on some, but not all pokemon. I think Garchomp was one of the top reasons why Blissey wanted Ice Beam, just for defensive retaliation or hitting it on the switch-in. However, that's just my opinion.

Fortunately, it won't have any impact on me. I don't even use Garchomp O_o...or have one for competitive gameplay.

It will impact immensly. That is a great weight off your shoulders not having to counter Garchomp.

~T_S

Ársa

k.
    Years
    lol, definately. Now Scarfusers will be given the nudge backwards. Reason being all pokemon who are fast enough to need to use Scarf to beat them are now counterd by the common walls (Gengar -> Blissey, Weavile -> Skarm/Forry etc)

~T_S

ABYAY

Years
    Pory-Z lv. up. Porygon-Z learned Choice Specs over Choice Scarf! lol no more getting 1-0'd when I'm 4-1 ahead, getting screwed over by a crit by him and a miss by me with a Close Combat in a sandstorm!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    It will impact immensly. That is a great weight off your shoulders not having to counter Garchomp.

~T_S

Especially now i dont have to pack a Steel JUST to absorb Outrages from that Choice Band Idiot =) Or worry about my Ice Beams/Shards Missing only on lolGliscorlol.

Draggy is bad with Outrages aswell, oh well, at least Ice beams dont miss and its weak to Stealth Rock, which is some comfort, AND i dont have to worry about the possibility of Draggy living an ice Beam =), Dont even say Yache Berry >=/

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Yache Berry is a waste of a damn item.

sims:"Oh noes, it has a berry! It survived my Ice Beam!"

Enemy:Haha, now what, punk?!

sims: "Oh, I don't know, maybe this (switches to Sceptile, whose faster)

Enemy: Ha, I can switch

*Forgets about Stealth Rock*

Enemy:Crap.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Yeah, that was almost always the case. (OMG, u needz a steelor!!!1)

And now CSPory and Donphan will be used far less, along with Scarfgar. Shows you how over-centralised it really was...

~T_S

silver%

thinking..this will take a min
    Years
    with garchomp usually comes a sandstorm......bring a steel type....i must admit it is VERY hard to beat a stall team that covers for a garchomp but its beatable....mmm garchomp seems to scare alot of ppl. i dont intentually bring a counter but it happens sometimes and i end up getting the best of chomps...the garchomp to fear however would have to be chain chomp in my opinon..if you want to ban a garchomp its not really fair. if your gonna ban something like garchomp might as well ban all the threats that are hard to kill if you cant counter it. lets face bliss is unbeatable unless you have luck if you have no physical sweepers.i literally had to calcualte the ivs and evs for my slowbro to 2hko a bliss with 6 calm minds so in my opinon no dont ban all threats unless you ban em all

Ooka

Years
    with garchomp usually comes a sandstorm......bring a steel type....i must admit it is VERY hard to beat a stall team that covers for a garchomp but its beatable....mmm garchomp seems to scare alot of ppl. i dont intentually bring a counter but it happens sometimes and i end up getting the best of chomps...the garchomp to fear however would have to be chain chomp in my opinon..if you want to ban a garchomp its not really fair. if your gonna ban something like garchomp might as well ban all the threats that are hard to kill if you cant counter it. lets face bliss is unbeatable unless you have luck if you have no physical sweepers.i literally had to calcualte the ivs and evs for my slowbro to 2hko a bliss with 6 calm minds so in my opinon no dont ban all threats unless you ban em all

Even though your post makes basically no sense, I'll respond to it anyways. We aren't banning a "threat". We're banning a Pokemon that has no direct counters. End of story, all the arguments has been argued, and all the facts have been posted.

If you're going to try and change our minds, at least use proper grammer....

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today

Bliss does not over centralize the metagame and niether do other pokemon, Close Combat says hi !, basically any physical move says hi !, Blissry also does not have sandveil, and cant 2hko 99% of the metagame with its moveset set, and Blissey is not unpredictable. if you run a team without physical moves, then your foolish, its just asking you to get lol'd at by Special walls =/

Please feel free to make a thread in S&M and list ALL VIABLE reason of why Blissey or any other pokemon is "broken".

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back